Eurovision 2011

suzie

Since talk has already started on Eurovision on another thread, let me start this year's thread, too. :teehee:

Some info on the competition itself that will take place in Düsseldorf:

The dates set for the two semi-finals are 10 May and 12 May 2011, with the final planned for the evening of 14 May 2011.

Forty-three countries have confirmed their participation in the contest

The presenters will be Anke Engelke, Judith Rakers, and Stefan Raab.

I'll keep updating this post, but at the moment as there isn't much to post, let me link the video to last year's winner:

LENA: SATELLITE:

[YOUTUBE]8QSgNM9yNjo[/YOUTUBE]

and a video from one of the presenters.. :roftl:

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yaaaaayyy!! I just read about it in the twitter thread :biggrin2:

Well, as usual...

You know how I'd finish that sentence :naughty:

I haven't looked up anything yet though. I know our entry will be decided next Saturday on one of the French channels. Maybe I'll watch it this time.

I must say I'm surprised Lena is entering for Germany again. Seems weird, not to mention the fact that I'll have to hear that accent again... :teehee: Anyway, yay! Looking forward to discussing it all in this thread again! :yay:

Thanks for starting it, suzie!:biggrin2:

Yaaaaayyy!! I just read about it in the twitter thread :biggrin2:

Well, as usual...

You know how I'd finish that sentence :naughty:

I haven't looked up anything yet though. I know our entry will be decided next Saturday on one of the French channels. Maybe I'll watch it this time.

I must say I'm surprised Lena is entering for Germany again. Seems weird, not to mention the fact that I'll have to hear that accent again... :teehee: Anyway, yay! Looking forward to discussing it all in this thread again! :yay:

Thanks for starting it, suzie!:biggrin2:

but where is that accent from??

Accent de l'est, plutôt allemand, je pense :wink2:

She says that her teacher at school taught her to talk/sing English that way...But she was also trying to copy British singers like Kate Nash.

It IS weird she's entering again this year. Last Monday the first semifinals show took place (where she sang 6 songs, the top 3 songs where chosen).

"Taken by a stranger" seems to be the favourite till now. It's very the Cure inspired and very dark, but I kinda got to like it.

This Monday the other 3 final songs will be voted upon (one of which written by Aloe Blacc (looking forward to hear this one)...and then she will be doing the top 6 songs again in the finsal "Unser Song für Düsseldorf" Show.

I will definitely be in Düsseldorf for the show...not in the venue, but watching the show somewhere outside on a big screen. Can't wait! :groupwave:

None of the quotes have anything to do with Melodifestivalen, though, especially my one in the first link. I was simply JOKING about the possibility of Mika as the Swedish entry. I hope no-one took it seriously.:blink:

It IS weird she's entering again this year. Last Monday the first semifinals show took place (where she sang 6 songs, the top 3 songs where chosen).

"Taken by a stranger" seems to be the favourite till now. It's very the Cure inspired and very dark, but I kinda got to like it.

This Monday the other 3 final songs will be voted upon (one of which written by Aloe Blacc (looking forward to hear this one)...and then she will be doing the top 6 songs again in the finsal "Unser Song für Düsseldorf" Show.

So they will chose the best song based on her performance, only?

As far as I remember, last year it was 3 songs but 2 contenders - each song performed by 2 singers.

Since talk has already started on Eurovision on another thread, let me start this year's thread, too. :teehee:

Some info on the competition itself that will take place in Düsseldorf:

The dates set for the two semi-finals are 10 May and 12 May 2011, with the final planned for the evening of 14 May 2011.

Forty-three countries have confirmed their participation in the contest

The presenters will be Anke Engelke, Judith Rakers, and Stefan Raab.

I'll keep updating this post, but at the moment as there isn't much to post, let me link the video to last year's winner:

LENA: SATELLITE:

[YOUTUBE]8QSgNM9yNjo[/YOUTUBE]

and a video from one of the presenters.. :roftl:

Seeing the title of the song I thought, for a quarter of a second, that it's DMB's Satellite, but it's Eurovion, so obviously not :roftl:. It so reminds me of this song by an Estonian singer:

[YOUTUBE]AcO08bTzCzA[/YOUTUBE]

The message is about the same :naughty:. Here are the lyrics (for the sake of convenience translated by Google Translator :wink2:)

I was styling again today

today, half a day

And again today I had a manicure

today, half a day

My skin toned in solarium

gym shaped my body

And I'm crazy at all I see trouble

day after day, day after day

But he did not look at me

Absolutely

But he does not want me

Absolutely

But he did not call me at

Absolutely

And I guess the idea is to add

that he did not even send message

Absolutely

I went to the shops again today

Today the whole day

And again today, I was in the minds of

Today the whole day

And I drove down a few signs with car

Forgot my Gucci bag in the park

And so, day after day

I'm dreaming but he does not ever look at me

Absolutely

But he does not want me

Absolutely

Absolutely

Absolutely

Lalalalalalalaa Well, what life is it?

But it did not look at me

Absolutely

But he does not want me

Absolutely

Absolutely

Absolutely

I even painted my toenails for you :roftl:

Seeing the title of the song I thought, for a quarter of a second, that it's DMB's Satellite, but it's Eurovion, so obviously not :roftl:. It so reminds me of this song by an Estonian singer:

[YOUTUBE]AcO08bTzCzA[/YOUTUBE]

The message is about the same :naughty:. Here are the lyrics (for the sake of convenience translated by Google Translator :wink2:)

I was styling again today

today, half a day

And again today I had a manicure

today, half a day

My skin toned in solarium

gym shaped my body

And I'm crazy at all I see trouble

day after day, day after day

But he did not look at me

Absolutely

But he does not want me

Absolutely

Absolutely

Absolutely

I went to the shops again today

Today the whole day

And again today, I was in the minds of

Today the whole day

And I drove down a few signs with car

Forgot my Gucci bag in the park

And so, day after day

I'm dreaming but he does not ever look at me

Absolutely

But he does not want me

Absolutely

Absolutely

Absolutely

But it did not look at me

Absolutely

But he does not want me

Absolutely

Absolutely

Absolutely

I even painted my toenails for you :roftl:

:aah: lol, Estonian song.. It's raalllyy sick xDD how/where did you find it? :aah:

:aah: lol, Estonian song.. It's raalllyy sick xDD how/where did you find it? :aah:

does that matter at all?

It has nothing to do with Eurovision and neither does it sound like Satellite, IMO. :blink:

Worst thing of all:

Austria's going to participate this year...:dunno:

shame, shame Austria!

:sneaky2:

you might come up with something good, though...

Hungary will also take part this year and it is likely to be crap but not necessarily so... It all depends on the song they choose :dunno: I keep hoping :biggrin2:

you might come up with something good, though...

Hungary will also take part this year and it is likely to be crap but not necessarily so... It all depends on the song they choose :dunno: I keep hoping :biggrin2:

According to experience there won't be something good, I'm afraid...:teehee:

But, well, I don't know, maybe? :dunno:

None of the quotes have anything to do with Melodifestivalen, though, especially my one in the first link. I was simply JOKING about the possibility of Mika as the Swedish entry.

I hope no-one took it seriously.:blink:

OK :giveup:

Don't get me started on Lena....I mean..yes she did win!

But:

1. her english is crap. I really can't stand it and everyone from Germany who knows how to speak porper english hates it.(same counts for my friends from Ireland).

2. No-one in germany understands why she is singing AGAIN! I don't think she will win again.(and actually no one wants her to win cause to present the Eurovision is quite expensive)

Yeah...guess I'll be around too.Hopefully they show it on big screens, cause I live near Düsseldorf...:biggrin2:

But:

1. her english is crap. I really can't stand it and everyone from Germany who knows how to speak porper english hates it.(same counts for my friends from Ireland).

2. No-one in germany understands why she is singing AGAIN! I don't think she will win again.(and actually no one wants her to win cause to present the Eurovision is quite expensive)

Yeah...guess I'll be around too.Hopefully they show it on big screens, cause I live near Düsseldorf...:biggrin2:

you are so right^^...

all Germans i know (me as well) don`t know why Lena is participating again... noone really wanted her to do that but...:dunno:

i don`t know really what`s so special about her... she is discussed in every radiostation and really often on television...she`s taking part in advertising in Tv and every German has to see her face somewhere almost every day...

sigh... I read some month ago that someone wanted MIKA to take part in Eurovision songcontest... is this true?!!!!:mf_rosetinted:

But:

I hope I'm allowed to say this as your southern neighbour :naughty:

She sucks as a person...I can't see her anymore without becoming annoyed...

you are so right^^...

all Germans i know (me as well) don`t know why Lena is participating again... noone really wanted her to do that but...:dunno:

i don`t know really what`s so special about her... she is discussed in every radiostation and really often on television...she`s taking part in advertising in Tv and every German has to see her face somewhere almost every day...

sigh... I read some month ago that someone wanted MIKA to take part in Eurovision songcontest... is this true?!!!!:mf_rosetinted:

As far as I know, the english officials wanted him, but that's all.

For all who understand german(I simply LOVE this article):

http://www.spiegel.de/kultur/musik/0,1518,694730,00.html

The content is that the author complains about Lena and our foreign secretary. Both can't speak english properly.:sneaky2:

As far as I know, the english officials wanted him, but that's all.

For all who understand german(I simply LOVE this article):

http://www.spiegel.de/kultur/musik/0,1518,694730,00.html

The content is that the author complains about Lena and our foreign secretary. Both can't speak english properly.:sneaky2:

I liked the article, it's great! :thumb_yello:

you are so right^^...

It's gonna be great... I definitely will vote for him.!!!:wub2:

but it's not too late...

In Latvia song selection is just beginning..

I liked the article, it's great! :thumb_yello:

Like it too.And the author justv states the truth.Brilliant.

But back to the topic.

Tonight will be the second show of "Unser Song für Düsseldorf" and the next 6(?) songs will be presented by Lena.And I won't watch it.:aah:

None of the quotes have anything to do with Melodifestivalen, though, especially my one in the first link. I was simply JOKING about the possibility of Mika as the Swedish entry. I hope no-one took it seriously.:blink:

Is there a possibility to perform as the British entry though?

Even our press has published that update back then.:blink:

Better for him not to do it of course.:aah:

Archived