spammers on Mika facebook :(

crazyaboutmika

2 hours ago, dcdeb said:

Actually, I think my advice from 6 years ago still makes sense.

"This is just a troll who is doing this for fun. The more you let this person know that you're upset by his/her posts, the more they will do it. I don't think they pose any real threat to anyone. The best thing to do is to block and ignore."

Report it if you'd like, but Twitter doesn't always respond -- especially if the offending account isn't making death threats or suggesting anything violent -- so I find it better to just block such accounts. I'm pretty sure Mika won't even see these tweets -- and if he does, he's been online long enough to know to ignore them.

No one should answer of course,  but reporting often leads to twitter blocking such accounts. I also belong to a fb group in which we report homophobic tweets and we usually manage to report accounts who do that and make them close. But you are right no matter how shocking the content is answering to it would be a mistake because trolls feed on it. But reporting for hate content works if enough people do it.

Edited by crazyaboutmika
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, crazyaboutmika said:

No one should answer of course,  but reporting often leads to twitter blocking such accounts. I also belong to a fb group in which we report homophobic tweets and we usually manage to report accounts who do that and make them close. But you are right no matter how shocking the content is answering to it would be a mistake because trolls feed on it. But reporting for hate content works if enough people do it.

yes i'm agree with you...

• Like 1