MIKA in Compiègne, France - 9 July 2011

Christine

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:dunno: I know a lot of people here repeatedly state that they're here only for the music. And why not.

I have no problem admitting (repeatedly :original:) that I was never here for the music only. And I have the impression neither was Mika. As several others have mentioned before, the visual part of his shows is important to him and he doesn't really see his music and artwork/stage design/theatrical parts of the show as separated aspects of his doing, which in my opinion (:teehee:) makes a lot of sense for an artist. He's just not only a singer/songwriter.

Sure, there are elements in his shows I don't always get. Like the bad bunny shooting thing/killing scenes in general... There are elements in his videos I find embarrassing. Like the undies video.

And then there are these bits - visual bits of his shows and in his videos that leave me breathless. Like the first part of the Happy Ending video with the pillow creatures and the wall and the puppets. Or Grey Skelly. Or his use of umbrellas in any way, shape or form. Many, many things from the PDP show. The paper doll scene from the last tour. Anything including snow. And so much more, I really can't list it all.

So, yes, I'm looking forward to good new music. No, personally I have no problem with Mika not focusing solely on that. :dunno:

Yes he's made it pretty clear that he is a visual/musical artist, but I am making it clear that I am only interested in musical artists and the visuals are meaningless to me :naughty:

People can tell me to go find another artist but I still enjoy Mika's music and as long as I do I'm going to attend his gigs.

hahahaha

but you don't write only about his music....

yes, you can stay with Mika or whoever you want and critisize him non stop...maybe he will change.....:roftl:

Good to see you again Yoppa :bye:

And very good to get a perspective on the new songs from someone who's heard the live version properly :thumb_yello:

Did you get to the front?

No we didn't, we didn't queue early and took our time during the day :) but we had a nice view.

but you don't write only about his music....

I said that's all I'm interested in during a concert. i.e. I do not care about chandeliers or whether he is topless :rolls_eyes:. I'm not trying to imply that I have no other interest in Mika as a person.

yes, you can stay with Mika or whoever you want and critisize him non stop...maybe he will change.....

Perhaps you should take your own advice and stop criticizing his other fans non stop since they are unlikely to change either. My comments are not directed at Mika, we're sharing opinions with one another. No one expects him to change anything because of some comments on a message board.

The new Blame it song is really beautiful. Elle me Dit is fun. I don't think much of that Karen song yet, i think i would have to listen to it again to get the words, cause i didn't catch everything. And he's still a cutie :) It'd been a long time and it was a real pleasure seeing him again on stage, doing what he does best.

Thanks for your report. It is good to see you back here. :thumb_yello:

My impression about the new songs that I have only listened to in .mp3 format is similar to yours. So perhaps in case of the song 'Karen' it is the lyrics that work - the melody does not sound strong enough.

Perhaps you should take your own advice and stop criticizing his other fans non stop since they are unlikely to change either. My comments are not directed at Mika, we're sharing opinions with one another. No one expects him to change anything because of some comments on a message board.

:bow:

I have seen a lot of comments talking about how important are the visuals or not.

I think the XVIII century stage was a wonderful idea!!! I love it! (I have always loved XVIII century aesthetics)

I think it's not a question of music or visuals, one thing or another (as someone said).

Of course music is the main thing, but in my opinion, Mika is such an amazing singer because he is very complete as an artist. He takes care of every single part of his shows, and that's what makes them spectacular :)

And the new songs are wonderful, too! I can't stop listening to "82, rue des martyrs" or "blame it on the weather".

:thumb_yello:

Hi!! I agree with you! :thumb_yello:

Mika is a complete artist who only gives good music in an environment that invents its own way .. We should be proud.

I keep hearing "82 Rue des Martyrs" and "Blame it on the Weather" too. That still I don't fully understand the lyrics! :mf_lustslow:

I wish him well for his new album. And I guess get used to his band change from time to time. Each will have its interests.

Kissesss... Lucy!

Hello to all... Long time no see :)

The show was really good. I do think the Marie-Antoinette theme is a one shot thing, only set for this particular place he was playing. He wasn't more disctracted that what i've seen him before, and there was no more "theatrical things" than in other shows he's played on previous tours, no need to worry about that in my opinion. When you get to play bigger venues and bigger audiences, there's got to be a visual part to fill up that huge stage :) If hewas just playing in a plain white T on that kind of stage, i don't think he would get the maximum of the performance as an ensemble. And people at the back of these huge audiences got to see something since they don't really see him :)

He's getting more and more confidence on stage and interacting more with the audience, and that's quite nice (compared to the very beginning where he was singing his songs one after the others).

The new Blame it song is really beautiful.

Elle me Dit is fun.

I don't think much of that Karen song yet, i think i would have to listen to it again to get the words, cause i didn't catch everything.

And he's still a cutie :) It'd been a long time and it was a real pleasure seeing him again on stage, doing what he does best. And no, that's not dancing :biggrin2:

He even signed quite a lot of things at the end when going to the bus, compared to what i've seen before. I guess he was in a good mood.

Hiya Yopp

Good to see you, and thanks for your report.

I would like him to play Edinburgh or Glasgow in full Highland outfit :naughty:

I will have to wait till he does Scotland again - but the videos were a

nice wee taster :-) :thumb_yello:

Archived