New Mika Song in French: "Elle me dit"

mellody

OK, so why this 'discussion' not on this thread?

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25960

oh alice....

because THIS thread was started first & it was meant to discuss the song.

Now another member started a thread with a poll, to discuss if we like it or not. we could have closed it, but we didn't. But as a rule, we like to keep the conversation about the same thing in one thread.

Though i try to be nice, one thing you should know, is that i don't do drama very well and i don't need to have the last word in any conversation.

The right thing to do at this point, would be to agree to disagree, like adults do.

Perhaps a breath of fresh air too?

Desafortunadamente...:mf_rosetinted:

when he came to El Hormiguero, whilst the commercials, Pablo was talking to the audience and he said "Hey, habeis cantado de puta madre" (hey you have sung f*cking amazing) and then Mika says: "hey you, translator!!! Pablo said "de puta madre" and you have translated it to me as "excellent".. :roftl: :roftl: So, at least, he can swear in Spanish.:mf_rosetinted:

I don’t think it is a different sound at all from the outdated 80s pop he had for the singles of his second album. The only thing that has changed is that Mika’s voice is distorted now and I don’t understand the lyrics :dunno:

That basically means you did not like the way the song was produced. At gigs he played a different mix of Rain that made it sound like a 90’s dance anthem. I agree it sounds better live than on the album.

I actually like Elle Me Dit as a song and I realise a different production would have made a huge difference to it. At the moment it sounds like the music to some 80’s computer game. :naughty: But what do I know? Maybe that sound is popular in France right now :dunno:

With Rain the chorus used to get on my nerves :naughty:, but somehow, listening to it live gave it a whole new dimension, and I really liked it.

With Elle Me Dit, I think I'll like the live version better, because it will probably be stripped off of the whole "over production", especially the voice distortion. :wink2:

I believe it will be popular in France, yes. It's catchy, radio-friendly, danceable,... Nothing better for Summer. The thing is (and it's a bit sad to say this) I think probably it may be just that...a cute summer hit. :dunno:

With Rain the chorus used to get on my nerves :naughty:, but somehow, listening to it live gave it a whole new dimension, and I really liked it.

With Elle Me Dit, I think I'll like the live version better, because it will probably be stripped off of the whole "over production", especially the voice distortion. :wink2:

I believe it will be popular in France, yes. It's catchy, radio-friendly, danceable,... Nothing better for Summer. The thing is (and it's a bit sad to say this) I think probably it may be just that...a cute summer hit. :dunno:

of course.

when he came to El Hormiguero, whilst the commercials, Pablo was talking to the audience and he said "Hey, habeis cantado de puta madre" (hey you have sung f*cking amazing) and then Mika says: "hey you, translator!!! Pablo said "de puta madre" and you have translated it to me as "excellent".. :roftl: :roftl: So, at least, he can swear in Spanish.:mf_rosetinted:

Were you there???:shocked:

I never knew....:dunno:

I never understood that summer hits thingie....

Does that mean there also should be spring/autumn/winter hits??????:mf_rosetinted:

:floor::floor: I'm laughing so hard, my tummy hurts:teehee:

i think you are right... at a gig, some of the "over production" of Elle me dit" will be gone or different.

When i first heard Rain the "when it rains and rains and rains" did get on my nerves a bit & thought he could have modified it a bit too.

But i loved it once it was a finished song.

i think WAG has too much going on in the finished product though :teehee:

Were you there???:shocked:

I never knew....:dunno:

I never understood that summer hits thingie....

Does that mean there also should be spring/autumn/winter hits??????:mf_rosetinted:

I wasn´t there but Diana (ArtemisArco) had a friend working there and so we got the whole program on dvd. We tried to upload it here, and I´m not sure if Diana succeed at it, but I uploaded that bit. It should be at "Mika at El Hormiguero" thread, I guess...

:floor::floor: I'm laughing so hard, my tummy hurts:teehee:

Yeah, that was what we did when we heard that.

i think you are right... at a gig, some of the "over production" of Elle me dit" will be gone or different.

When i first heard Rain the "when it rains and rains and rains" did get on my nerves a bit & thought he could have modified it a bit too.

you mean EMD??

oh i think it's way too early for an English single to be released. He doesn't have time to support this yet. This requires alot more work, as this would be International.

I also think the french release was a last minute thing & yes, i think it will help the sale of his tickets. they are not all sold, as far as i know. yes, he is mega in France, but he hasn't done anything for a long time... far from the eyes, far from the heart applies there too :naughty:

This song and the attention it got in France will help him. Plus, he doesn't have to work as hard to support it. It's a concentrated area, it was probably suggested to him, for that reason.

Think of this song as something to refresh the french public's mind :naughty:

I agree, and I can understand they released this French bonus track as a single. This all makes sense.

I don’t think it is a different sound at all from the outdated 80s pop he had for the singles of his second album. The only thing that has changed is that Mika’s voice is distorted now and I don’t understand the lyrics :dunno:

This song can be something totally different than the rest of the album? I want it to be, because I want to hear his voice properly :teehee: Writing in French is still something new to him and a small risk and I appreciate he is doing it.

Edited by tiibet

Exactly! It was the meowing of "rain and rain and rain" that annoyed me on the PdP version, after a while, and in the final version I still thought the chorus was a bit too..."long". :teehee:

As for WAG, when I saw the vlog where he talked about it, I thought we'd hear more of the gospel choir in the finished song, so I was a bit disappointed with the final result and thought it was a bit over produced too, but it soon grew on me (no need to say it's not happening with Elle Me Dit yet... :naughty:)

:teehee: As a non francophone nor english speaking person,I don't feel betrayed nor flattered ofcourse :naughty:

and I really don't get the outburst with the fact that the song is in french, for me is just another song, I mean, even if its in french and he's British that doesn't mean it can't become a hit in non fracophone countries ... here in my country, radio stations and even night clubs will play french, german, etc, etc songs.

All it needs is to sound good and be catchy, ofcourse lyrics are important but for what this song is, a bonus track, I think it will achieve its objective, to be played over and over again to remind people that mika exists :bleh:

on the other hand...I thought it was a slower, sexier kind of song, been in french and about some girl and all .... but is about a mom talking to his son :aah: the preview made my mind fly way too high :aah:

tongue.gif

:sneaky2:

Wanna be spanked in a forthnight???:mf_rosetinted:

My text message tone is GK's "kachiiing-ah" since I downl...I mean, since GK was released. ::

:roftl:

my message tone is Mika singing on helium, and my ringtone is Dr John :mf_rosetinted: just, not Mika singing :mf_rosetinted:

Have no idea what you're talking about. :mf_rosetinted:

I REALLY have no idea of what she is talking about...:blink:

My msg tone is give u hell by aar...:wub2::mf_lustslow::wub2::mf_lustslow:

He wasn't raised in France. He left when he was 8 or 9 years old and has been raised by American parents who are anglophones. I don't know about you but, condensed altogether, I can barely remember an hour of my life up to that point. I didn't start developing a real sense of self and forging proper relationships with my peers, etc. until I was at least 11 years old.

Interestingly, the Jesuits had a saying "Give me the child until he is seven years old, and I will give you the man" :naughty:

On the song...Well...I just think that it's 'ok'. Not great by any means, and it really doesn't grip me. It's not a Mika song, in my opinion, and it doesn't even show his lovely voice in its full glory. ......

Of course it's majorly catchy, which is its saving grace, and I had it in my head all day after listening to it once first thing in the morning, but I still don't really like it or find it 'good'. Just a passable effort, which really disappoints me coming from Mika, as I had expected much more from him.

I know what you mean - I've only heard it once and keep humming it to myself, but it's just an OK song.

It doesn't bother me that it's in French, or how good/bad the lyrics are, but I find the production disappointing.

see? :roftl: difference between Quebec french & France french!

Love it! :naughty:

So basically, there is only 1 thing wrong then? it still should have been corrected before recording :roftl:

so there you have it! i never really looked up if he was Irish or British :naughty: and my ear does not hear the difference when he is singing. Maybe if i heard him talking, it would be different.

What about Patricia the Stripper? :das:

i saw him in concert once, 2nd row, sitting down, same venue as Mika :aah: he was GREAT!

Love that song!

I saw him too in concert, I think it was at the Colisée in Quebec City

:sneaky2:

:roftl:

My msg tone is give u hell by aar...:wub2::mf_lustslow::wub2::mf_lustslow:

You´ll know what Im talking about in Porto. Just dont tell Mary. :mf_rosetinted:

She will sooooo take that to the perv side! :mf_rosetinted:

Nevermind, nevermind... :mf_rosetinted: