"The Origin of Love" - the pieces of a puzzle

nenartus

CD being released on the 17th Sept. in Canada, according to HMV website.

No detail nor pre-order, though.

You can pre-order from Amazon, but there is still no tracklisting available so I wouldn't recommend anyone outside of Canada order it until there's more info.

http://www.amazon.ca/Origin-Love-Dlx-Mika-Rock/dp/B008PUXMS4/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1345474060&sr=8-7

In a news-article on the German Universal-site they posted this tracklisting:

1. Origin of Love

2. Lola

3. Stardust

4. Make You Happy

5. Underwater

6. Overrated

7. Kids

8. Love You When I'm Drunk

9. Step With Me

10. Popular Song

11. Emily

12. Heroes

13. Celebrate Feat. Pharell Williams

14. Make You Happy (Miami edit)

But no news about a deluxe version yet.

Now pls. explain to a dumb one what the last sentence means: :blink:

Here's the tracklisting for the Italian edition of Mika's new album 'The Origin Of Love' which you can pre-order right now on http://www.mikasounds.com !!

01. Origin Of Love (Italian Edit)

02. Lola

03. Stardust (Italian Edit)

04. Make You Happy

05. Underwater

06. Overrated

07. Kids

08. Love You When I’m Drunk

09. Step With Me

10. Popular Song

11. Emily

12. Heroes

13. Celebrate

DELUXE

Standard + CD2

01. Celebrate (Acoustic)

02. Origin Of Love (Acoustic)

03. Kids (Acoustic)

04. Love You When I'm Drunk (Acoustic)

05. Overrated (Acoustic)

06. Elle Me Dit

07. Tah Dah

08. Stardust (English Version)

09. Celebrate (Rivera Remix)

10. Origin Of Love (English Version)

*Please note the tracklisting on the website is the UK version, if you order the standard or deluxe the tracklisting above is what you will get*

*Please note the tracklisting on the website is the UK version, if you order the standard or deluxe the tracklisting above is what you will get*

It means that different countries have different tracklistings, so if you order from mikasounds.com you'll get the UK version :)

Here's the tracklisting for the Italian edition of Mika's new album 'The Origin Of Love' which you can pre-order right now on http://www.mikasounds.com !!

It means that different countries have different tracklistings, so if you order from mikasounds.com you'll get the UK version :)

Yes, I think that's what it means. But I find it very confusing they first say "which you can pre-order right now on Mikasounds.com" and actually you can pre-order only the UK version. But it's a good thing they share tracklistings for different versions :thumb_yello:

01. Origin Of Love (Italian Edit)

02. Lola

03. Stardust (Italian Edit)

04. Make You Happy

05. Underwater

06. Overrated

07. Kids

08. Love You When I’m Drunk

09. Step With Me

10. Popular Song

11. Emily

12. Heroes

13. Celebrate

DELUXE

Standard + CD2

01. Celebrate (Acoustic)

02. Origin Of Love (Acoustic)

03. Kids (Acoustic)

04. Love You When I'm Drunk (Acoustic)

05. Overrated (Acoustic)

06. Elle Me Dit

07. Tah Dah

08. Stardust (English Version)

09. Celebrate (Rivera Remix)

10. Origin Of Love (English Version)

I think as was explained in the other thread you are going to get the Italian version if you order from Mikasounds, regardless of the tracklisting shown on Mikasounds.

Because they also say this:

*This is a pre-order for the UK version of the album. The album can be ordered internationally using this link but tracklists may vary. Orders will be posted out 08/10/12.

I don't understand why anyone would order internationally from MS because it's going to be posted after it's released in your country. You can just buy it in the shops weeks before.

I think as was explained in the other thread you are going to get the Italian version if you order from Mikasounds, regardless of the tracklisting shown on Mikasounds.

I don't understand why anyone would order internationally from MS because it's going to be posted after it's released in your country. You can just buy it in the shops weeks before.

I'm actually thinking about it, because there are almost no shops here that sell cds anymore and I'm pretty sure you can't pre-order it on any of the swedish sites, just that the shipping is so expensive.

ok.

but they posted this in Mika's Fb, where all the world can see it.

so, if someone from Canada reads this...wtf? they will never get the italian edition anyway!

what a mess.

I'm actually thinking about it, because there are almost no shops here that sell cds anymore and I'm pretty sure you can't pre-order it on any of the swedish sites, just that the shipping is so expensive.

But surely it will be available with online Swedish retailers eventually, and before October 8. :dunno: I've never understood the point of preordering CDs. I know why the record company wants you to do it but there's nothing in it for the buyer.

ok.

but they posted this in Mika's Fb, where all the world can see it.

so, if someone from Canada reads this...wtf? they will never get the italian edition anyway!

what a mess.

I don't see it so I assume it's geotagged for Italy and Canadians aren't going to see it.

for all it's worth, i sent an email to a music shop to see what songs the deluxe version has in Quebec...

we'll see if they respond :blush-anim-cl:

The only record store round here is HMV, which is a chain store and it hard to get an email for. :sneaky2:

I could email HMV in general, but I doubt they'd give an accurate answer as to which versions of TOOL the Huddersfield store would be selling :aah: Usually they don't really sell deluxe versions of albums, so I'll just wait and see :teehee:

for all it's worth, i sent an email to a music shop to see what songs the deluxe version has in Quebec...

we'll see if they respond :blush-anim-cl:

If you're going to be that ambitious then you should email the person at Universal because the music shops probably don't know yet since it wasn't included on the order form. :naughty:

But surely it will be available with online Swedish retailers eventually, and before October 8. :dunno: I've never understood the point of preordering CDs. I know why the record company wants you to do it but there's nothing in it for the buyer.

Well I guess you're right, it would be strange otherwise. I'm just nervous because you never know. But I'm pretty sure it will.

The only record store round here is HMV, which is a chain store and it hard to get an email for. :sneaky2:

I could email HMV in general, but I doubt they'd give an accurate answer as to which versions of TOOL the Huddersfield store would be selling :aah: Usually they don't really sell deluxe versions of albums, so I'll just wait and see :teehee:

Just ask them to order the deluxe album for you.

Well I guess you're right, it would be strange otherwise. I'm just nervous because you never know. But I'm pretty sure it will.

If you can't find it on September 17th then you could always order it from Mikasounds then. I'm pretty sure they are not going to run out of albums. :wink2:

Just ask them to order the deluxe album for you.

If you can't find it on September 17th then you could always order it from Mikasounds then. I'm pretty sure they are not going to run out of albums. :wink2:

Oooh, I didn't know you could do that :naughty: Oh thanks!

I had found a Deluxe Edition of Florence + the Machine CD at HMV in Edinburgh, though.

Well, I have posted a message on the Belgian facebook page of Universal Music... They had finally posted something to announce the releasing of the CD (17th Sept. here) ..We'll see xD

the album will be released in Canada on September 18th, as per Wiki's listing...

on a Tuesday, like Christine said :blush-anim-cl:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_albums_scheduled_for_release_in_2012

That's not reliable. It says it's being released on Warner Bros records which is incorrect, it's Universal.

But anyway Universal said it was the 18th, so unless it changes...