European Travel HeLp

HollyD

I am really pleased for you. I am a traveller (You would never have guessed would you :wink2:) but as far as I know I don't have any famous explorers in my ancestory. :naughty: But I didn't board a plane until I was 18. I trained in childcare primarily so that I could become a nanny and travel. My first flight at the age of 18 was with a four year old and a four month old from london to Miami - quite a batism of fire. :naughty:

Yor trip this summer sounds really lovely. The Smokey Mountains sound fantastic!

Wow! You have come so far Kath!!! :roftl:

My very first time on a plane was 5 years ago ... I was 30-years-old :teehee: the flight was fine - but, the experience horrendous! Flight from Fort Myers, Florida to Cleveland, Ohio. I remember that day like it was yesterday - my daddy took me to the airport and cried all the way home. I did something REALLY stupid - and could have ended up dead - luckily as horrendous as it was - it was not murderous! :naughty: I can laugh about it NOW! Funny thing is - through that experience I FOUND MIKA! :insane:

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow! You have come so far Kath!!! :roftl:

My very first time on a plane was 5 years ago ... I was 30-years-old :teehee: the flight was fine - but, the experience horrendous! Flight from Fort Myers, Florida to Cleveland, Ohio. I remember that day like it was yesterday - my daddy took me to the airport and cried all the way home. I did something REALLY stupid - and could have ended up dead - luckily as horrendous as it was - it was not murderous! :naughty: I can laugh about it NOW! Funny thing is - through that experience I FOUND MIKA! :insane:

Sounds like the plot of a book!

Thank you everyone!!! :huglove:

I suppose I didn't quite realize JUST how complicated things are. :doh:

I found another route that just might be a perfect fit for someone traveling over seas for the very first time .... I found a Tour - and there are ALL sorts of options. Even a 'Grand Tour of Europe' that covers pretty much everything we want. There is also a Russian Tour and it sounds just amazing! I don't think I could attempt Russia on my own but with this guided tour it is a possibility! It includes round trip airfare all lodging and transportation and a large majority of your meals. And basically the same price (if not a bit cheaper then us trying to do all this on our own) :thumb_yello: I think it would be the perfect fit for people as clueless as we are. And perhaps after this we will get the hang of overseas traveling and when we go back in a few years - we can manage! :naughty:

I am so happy and excited! Now we just have to find the tour that will be the right fit for us. It's SO hard when you want to see the WHOLE world :roftl:

So .... all of you who have been lucky enough to travel - where are some of the 'GOTTA SEE IN YOUR LIFETIME' places?!?!? :biggrin2:

Austin says Rome is a must. But, he is going to have to choose Rome or Russia cause he can't do both on this trip!

We started out REALLY wanting to go to Germany (I still do)! Our ancestors migrated from Germany and settled in America, down in the South Yall. We have always wanted to see WHERE we came from! :fangurl: But, with this obsession Austin has with Russia ... who knows WHERE we will end up. I think it is safe to say that this will definitley NOT be his only trip to Europe! :naughty:

These tours are a mixture of guided with free time to roam yourself. Has anyone ever been on a tour for vacation before? I so wonder what it will be like!!!

Paris, for sure!

Venice is gorgeous as well, but then again, so are most cities in Italy :fangurl:

I've been on some guided tours but they were more like cultural trips. Going to different museums/buidlings/places with a guide... I loved that. I didn't mind being on a time schedule and I loved that everything was taken care of. It wouldn't have been as "relaxed" to me if I had to plan everything myself like transportation etc. It's different for everyone I guess.

Paris, for sure!

Venice is gorgeous as well, but then again, so are most cities in Italy :fangurl:

I've been on some guided tours but they were more like cultural trips. Going to different museums/buidlings/places with a guide... I loved that. I didn't mind being on a time schedule and I loved that everything was taken care of. It wouldn't have been as "relaxed" to me if I had to plan everything myself like transportation etc. It's different for everyone I guess.

I agree! I don't mind being on a times schedule ... prolly will do me a whole lot of good! I like having to be here or there at a certain time - and know exactly what lies ahead for me throughout my day - and you said it .... not having to plan or worry or map out anything! Just sit back and relax because everything is already done for you down to the very tiniest detail!!! I will prolly go crazy on the free time days! :roftl:

Just wanna say that i adore Berlin:fangurl: - Not as much as Copenhagen ofc:mf_rosetinted:

Ooohhh good - because Berlin is a MUST for us!!! Austin always tells everyone he is German :freak: He is waayyyy too obsessed with the past!!! :roftl:

My oh my, you're coming to Athens :mf_lustslow:

Must see:

The Parthenon

Acropolis Museum

National Gardens

National Museum

Plaka / Monastiraki

You can also take the bus tour, it's like 20€ and you can use it for 2 days I think. It passes every 30 minutes from Syntagma Square and it's really convenient.

If you like shopping I recommend going to The Mall, it's on the outskirts of Athens but you can use the metro to get there. And we also have a Fun Park if you're into that stuff.

If you're only visiting Athens, I believe you can see everything in 2-3 days, but that depends on how many places you visit a day of course. I would also recommend going to an island if you'd like. There are a few islands really close to Athens, here: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/f/f7/Saronic_Gulf_map-de.svg/698px-Saronic_Gulf_map-de.svg.png

I've only been to Poros from these, and it was lovely (you can also go there by car, there's a bridge)

If you have any questions let me know :biggrin2:

Edited by WeAreGolden*

• 4 months later...

Sounds like an amazing idea, I'm so jealous!

Why are you not coming to Sweden? :naughty::aah:

I've only been to Berlin and Paris. Paris is a beautiful city, but as I remember there are a lot more things to see in Berlin. Things that you haven't seen already on the TV etc. And then there's a lot of history in Berlin if you're interested in that :wink2: Do you need any suggestions of things to do/see? (: