Magazine 7 jours - 27 mars 2012 - Mika fait la pluie et le beau temps - Star Académie

guylainem123

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
he says he wrote his first single in Montreal .... Underwater? :teehee:

I'll translate the rest later, or someone else can :blush-anim-cl:

done :biggrin2

Translation

Mika makes it rain and shine!

Even if he made the rain fall in the Mels sutdios, Mika still light up the evening last Sunday night. From red umbrellas to Toutounes atomiques, the artist, surrounded by the candidates, offered a colorful candy pop performance during the very last Star Académie show. He also shared with us his experiences during a press conference.

Mika, how would you summarize your perforamce on star académie?

Its the first time that i do a show with académiciens (contestants of the show). I'm thrilled that this first time happened in Montreal.Theres a special feeling here, Its rare to go on a set where everybody loves each other.And the académiciens are wonderful! theyre all different, with each a unique voice.We didnt stick to the rules.We had fun. Im very happy about it.

Your third record will be out later this year. Why did you choose to start recording in Québec?

Last year, in the end of february, i had a tough time with my family: my sister had a very serious accident.I couldnt stay over there. I had to escape and write.I went to the airport and bought a plane ticket to Montreal.On my way there, i booked a recording studio and a session with Nick Littlemore, from Empire of the Sun. He was working ont he movie of a show for Cirque du Soleil. When i got there i was totally Jet lagged. I found a hotel, drank 2 whiskeys, and went to the studio. On that night i wrote the very first song of my next record.

2 days later, i wrote the Origin of Love, which is also the name of the CD.This opened the doors to a new chapter for me.I didnt go home for the next 9 months. I travelled around the world to write this album and asked to many people for a collaboration. Now that im back, a year later, the album is almost finished!

One of your songs is on Madonnas latest record, MDNA, How did you get to work with her?

In LA, i worked with Demolition Crew, that produced part of Madonnas album. I wrote a song called Bang Bang and she heard it.She loved it alot. She rewrote it and reinvented it in her own way.She changed the title to Gang Bang.Its one of the most interesting single of the CD. Its quite angry. Its dark, underground and very bizare. Its a bit scary! (laughs)

The mix turned out great. MAdonna is an icon. To be a little part of her history is enough. Im very happy.

Archived