“It is fun. It’s f***ing fun!”

Milda

I've been trying to think about the album as little as possible because I'm such an impatient person that if I constantly kept thinking about the release date it would drive me nuts. That's why I really don't have many expectations for TOOL and whatever it's going to be like it's probably going to come to me as a surprise. And I can't wait to experience that. :fangurl:

That's how I have been approaching it. I was the same with my condo (apartment). I bought it 3 years before it was built and there were many delays as there are with these things. People would ask me if I was excited but I just put it out of my mind for the most part until a final date was set and I could make serious preparations to move in. If I'm not going to worry about my life hanging in limbo for years while my condo is built I'm not going to worry about Mika's album. :roftl:

Mika hasn't even said anything until this week to get excited about anyway. I'm sorry but Greg, Andy and Mika talking about how good it is...well they are going to think that aren't they? I'm sure Mika thinks all his songs are amazing but I definitely prefer some over others.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

and can I just add that I love this quote "I have never been pushed into anything that I don’t want to do. I sell records and manage to fill at least a theatre or whatever around the world doing what I love." :wub2:

Love that part too!

This reminds me of what he said to someone on Twitter recently about his changes not being "reactive or copycat". I think he's probably going to be reiterating this message a lot so it's understood that his new direction is being driven by him and he's not just pandering to the latest trends.

I'm glad he wants to make it clear, not that taking influences is a bad thing, but it's always good to know he doesn't feel pressured to follow any trends. It sounds he is pleased with the album and that it sounds "Mika" even he has been working with so many different people.

That's how I have been approaching it. I was the same with my condo (apartment). I bought it 3 years before it was built and there were many delays as there are with these things. People would ask me if I was excited but I just put it out of my mind for the most part until a final date was set and I could make serious preparations to move in. If I'm not going to worry about my life hanging in limbo for years while my condo is built I'm not going to worry about Mika's album. :roftl:

Mika hasn't even said anything until this week to get excited about anyway. I'm sorry but Greg, Andy and Mika talking about how good it is...well they are going to think that aren't they? I'm sure Mika thinks all his songs are amazing but I definitely prefer some over others.

Oh my, I can totally relate. How many times have you heard me talking about my, now so famous, trip-to-Europe-when-Mika-tours? I was freaking out and feeling like living in limbo and getting all depressed (:naughty:) until the day I thought OK, DONE WITH THIS S*. :aah: Now I'm living happily ever after until Mika tours. :pinkbow:

Love that part too!

I'm glad he wants to make it clear, not that taking influences is a bad thing, but it's always good to know he doesn't feel pressured to follow any trends. It sounds he is pleased with the album and that it sounds "Mika" even he has been working with so many different people.

Me too! Thats why I love this quote so much. It's brilliant to know that what he does when it comes to his album and gigs is not what the record company suggested or what the people demanded etc but 100% his decision.

I'm sorry but Greg, Andy and Mika talking about how good it is...well they are going to think that aren't they?

Funnily enough I trust Andy's judgement more on that as he was not involved in the production and tends to have strong opinion on music and art so if he did not like it he'd at least stay quiet. :teehee:

I'm sure Mika thinks all his songs are amazing but I definitely prefer some over others.

I think he also realises it after a while, especially having performed them live: he can figure out if it was the song itself or the production that had gaps disabling the song to reach full potential.

Now I'm living happily ever after until Mika tours. :pinkbow:

Europe is beautiful in spring.:mikacool:

it is high time he grew up and stopped talking about himself as a child

Like some have already said, he needs to stop writing like he's a teenager, because everyone knows he's a grown man.

I totally agree that he has done his childhood and adolescence to death now. He's almost 30 now for goodness sake and I already feel as if I now know more about his growing pains than I remember about my own :teehee:. I'd like to hear him use the third person a bit more now, or at least reference himself in a more oblique way..which leads me to:

From a critical point of view I have to say that Mika writes wonderful melodies, but his lyrics leave a bit to be desired. For every line that is poetic and meaningful, there is one that seems to have been put in just because it rhymes.

So true :mikacool: (just had to use one of these newfangled smileys) Writing good lyrics is a particular skill and although Mika has a nice turn of phrase at times, it's not an area I see him as particularly gifted in. So there's no shame in getting help with this. I'm glad to see he is embracing collaboration more than ever now.

They would say it was a joke, but it's not a joke to me. I'd say it's an insult! Olly Murs was also on the panel, laughing his ass off, needless to say, I went right off him from that moment on!

I just had to comment on this, because the idea of someone like Olly Murs (sorry, Murs fans..:mikasweat:) laughing their ass off at the expense of Mika is supreme irony as far as I'm concerned.

Funnily enough I trust Andy's judgement more on that as he was not involved in the production and tends to have strong opinion on music and art so if he did not like it he'd at least stay quiet. :teehee:

I still think Andy's opinions have strong biases based on what he thinks about the artists in general. Which is normal, we all do. I mean I think it's pretty safe to say that along with Andy and Greg there is an extremely high chance I'm going to like Mika's new music too even though I really have no idea what he's doing at the moment. I guess what I'm saying is that I don't need Andy and Greg to tell me that. I knew it 2 years ago before Mika even conceived of this album so their opinions are not going to affect mine.

I think he also realises it after a while, especially having performed them live: he can figure out if it was the song itself or the production that had gaps disabling the song to reach full potential.

Yes but right now he is only getting feedback from Greg, Andy and his dog. :teehee:

I totally agree that he has done his childhood and adolescence to death now. He's almost 30 now for goodness sake and I already feel as if I now know more about his growing pains than I remember about my own :teehee:.

Yes Adele has been writing about adult experiences since she was 18. I find that teenage pandering offputting even when it comes from really young artists. I don't understand it because when I was a teen you wanted to grow up and live the exciting life that your idols were living, you didn't want them to wallow in your teenage misery with you and reinforce how crap your life is. :lmfao:

I totally agree that he has done his childhood and adolescence to death now. He's almost 30 now for goodness sake and I already feel as if I now know more about his growing pains than I remember about my own :teehee:. I'd like to hear him use the third person a bit more now, or at least reference himself in a more oblique way..which leads me to:

Lol, I feel the same way! I mean, I really can't remember my own teenage years so well...

I still think Andy's opinions have strong biases based on what he thinks about the artists in general. Which is normal, we all do. I mean I think it's pretty safe to say that along with Andy and Greg there is an extremely high chance I'm going to like Mika's new music too even though I really have no idea what he's doing at the moment. I guess what I'm saying is that I don't need Andy and Greg to tell me that. I knew it 2 years ago before Mika even conceived of this album so their opinions are not going to affect mine.

Andy seems to have very strong opinions about music indeed (which is good, it's fun to read his tweets) and yes, I think both he and Greg are very biased when they talk about Mika :naughty: I have my own expectations about the album, too, I'm really looking forward to it (so I don't need their opinion to tell it's good) but I still love watching their fangurling, they are seriously cute, and it makes me even more excited :roftl:

Sorry to be a bit offtopic... but having a chat with some MFCers we discovered that TOOL doesn´t mean The Origin Of Love anymore...

Due to the last jobs Mika cut lately, TOOL, from now, will mean The Origin Of Livingalone...

:aah::aah:

Say thanks to Roxane :aah:

Yes but right now he is only getting feedback from Greg, Andy and his dog. :teehee:

He did get feedback last summer, too, as he tested 4 songs.

Writing good lyrics is a particular skill and although Mika has a nice turn of phrase at times, it's not an area I see him as particularly gifted in. So there's no shame in getting help with this. I'm glad to see he is embracing collaboration more than ever now.

That's how I see it, too. He needs help with the lyrics and also the production.

As for the lyrics, ideally someone should help him paraphrase what he is trying to say to get the message across in a more literary way but without cheesy elements (I think Jodie Marr does a brilliant job of that), whilst for the production it is not necessarily a 'translator' of his ideas that is needed but someone who takes him out of this more conventional sound and applies a completely different approach. I think Mika is good at spotting what he wants when he hears it but he probably needed to test a few people before he found it. :teehee:

All in all, it is understandable it has taken him some time to finish this album.

I thought he'd at least release a single before Lovebox but it won't happen now. :no:

Yeah well hopefully he's not working on some of those anymore. :mf_rosetinted:

Well, maybe some of them will receive the 'MDNA treatment' i.e. change music, lyrics and title and credit anyone who has ever contributed to the previous versions :naughty:

He did get feedback last summer, too, as he tested 4 songs.

:shocked:

As Christine said... I really hope the album has nothing to do with those songs :mf_rosetinted:

Well, maybe some of them will receive the 'MDNA treatment' i.e. change music, lyrics and title and credit anyone who has ever contributed to the previous versions :naughty:

If by that you mean that he will totally change those songs it´s ok. I only liked Karen (and Underwater) and still I think that those won´t fit in a new-sound-with-electronic-connotations album. At least the way he presented them last summer....

GOD! LAST SUMMER!! MIKA IS TAKING HIS TIME, ISN´T HE? :shocked:

If by that you mean that he will totally change those songs it´s ok. I only liked Karen (and Underwater) and still I think that those won´t fit in a new-sound-with-electronic-connotations album. At least the way he presented them last summer....

Underwater could be a huge anthemic dance track. You could hear it just from the one performance in Seoul.

Mika is saying that this music doesn't sound like anything on the radio now though so I'm not sure how typically dance track-y these songs are going to be. :dunno:

Underwater could be a huge anthemic dance track. You could hear it just from the one performance in Seoul.

Mika is saying that this music doesn't sound like anything on the radio now though so I'm not sure how typically dance track-y these songs are going to be. :dunno:

So we will have a new TBWKTM? :mf_rosetinted: I mean... will we have an album that WILL NEVER BE PLAYED ON THE RADIO??

C´MON MIKAAA!!!!

So we will have a new TBWKTM? :mf_rosetinted: I mean... will we have an album that WILL NEVER BE PLAYED ON THE RADIO??

C´MON MIKAAA!!!!

Actually he said that about the songs on LICM so don't despair. :wink2:

Am now listening to that song in Seoul... I never thought Mika´s tracks were danceable... and this one particullary.... :aah: I still wait for some kind of light to shine over me and make me appreciate it the way many of you do... I now like it (and I didn´t the first 56847 times I listened to it before) but... I don´t know... I can´t imagine myself dancing on it :lmfao:

Unless they give it the "MDNA treatment" :mf_rosetinted:

Am now listening to that song in Seoul... I never thought Mika´s tracks were danceable... and this one particullary.... :aah: I still wait for some kind of light to shine over me and make me appreciate it the way many of you do... I now like it (and I didn´t the first 56847 times I listened to it before) but... I don´t know... I can´t imagine myself dancing on it :lmfao:

I'm sure that David Guetta song we were talking about earlier started off much like Underwater.

Unless they give it the "MDNA treatment" :mf_rosetinted:

Oh dear I hope not. :lmfao:

Actually he said that about the songs on LICM so don't despair. :wink2:

I'm sure that David Guetta song we were talking about earlier started off much like Underwater.

Oh dear I hope not. :lmfao:

Oh ok! But if it ends up like that one, it will be played on the radio!!

Let´s face it: if we want Mika´s songs to be played on the radio, they must be commercial. Much more commercial than TBWKTM.

He hasn´t been working with Pit Bull... has he?? HAS HE?? :shocked:

PD. Titanium is A-M-A-Z-I-N-G. But it never made me look for the singer... I hope if Mika has a huge hit like this one he can add his signature someway...

Oh ok! But if it ends up like that one, it will be played on the radio!!

Well that's why I have no idea what he's talking about. :dunno:

We will just have to wait...and wait...and wait. :naughty:

PD. Titanium is A-M-A-Z-I-N-G. But it never made me look for the singer... I hope if Mika has a huge hit like this one he can add his signature someway...

Maybe it didn't make you look for her but if you knew her before you would have recognized her voice immediately. There is some vocal manipulation (I don't think she really sings the "titanium" in the chorus so high), but there is no autotune making her sound like every other woman on the radio. She's also featured on Flo Rida's track:

One of the comments :lmfao:

so true.. i skip the parts where the dude raps or whatever , just listen to the chick

Archived