“It is fun. It’s f***ing fun!”

Milda

@Milda you have been the busiest bee on MFC since you won that competition:roftl:

Thanks for posting this :flowers2:

The first thing that caught my eyes:

"I think my music has always been vaguely danceable. It’s also weird enough to be danced to by freaks and three year olds."

....:lmfao: He can totally see his current audience. :naughty:

I don't think even the gay audience have embraced him. I think he is in no-one's land right now. :dunno:

He is doing a promo in the gay press because he is headlining Jodie Harsch's "The Circus" at Lovebox. (I don't think I'd need to explain the connection. :teehee: ) It was his choice to promote the album there - or maybe is only chance to do so as a headliner and not just a random support act to some 'big' name in the UK.

"not even"?? :aah: Man, this is sad... :aah:

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"not even"?? :aah: Man, this is sad... :aah:
:roftl:

I mean, if we take the Scissor Sisters, for example, they have a reasonably big gay following - an audience they can count on. At the same time, they also have mainstream followers, of course. My impression is that Mika was never really popular on the gay scene - mainly because of his music. I think with the new album it is likely to change as it will be more 'dance' :dunno: Something similar happened to Kylie Minogue in the early naughties.

Great find as always, Milda! Thank you :thumb_yello:

I smiled all along my reading, I can't imagine how happy I'll be when we'll start seeing more of him again :mikalove:

I loved the last 2 questions about 'being Mika' BTW. Very nice way to know more about his current state of mind..

Great find as always, Milda! Thank you :thumb_yello:

I smiled all along my reading, I can't imagine how happy I'll be when we'll start seeing more of him again :mikalove:

I loved the last 2 questions about 'being Mika' BTW. Very nice way to know more about his current state of mind..

:thumb_yello: and it's great to see the "funkiness" of him like in the old interviews.

Thanks for posting,Milda!

Now,for the first time,I'm scared....and I really hope I didn't just read the word "electronic" there....no,can't be.....it must be my crappy english after all.....:aah:

Thanks for posting, Milda :flowers2: Loved reading it, it's actually a lot of fun. And I think it's great promotion for him. I like seeing him like this, the interview gave a very positive picture of him.

I just hope he doesn´t get stuck in gay press or gay public... you know what I mean?

He's been in the gay press since day one. This is nothing new.

Forgot to ask something.. Could someone remind me when Mika was on tour for three years? Because I honestly can't remember that :mf_rosetinted:

I think he could possibly stretch it so that he's been on tour for 3 years in his entire career, but not between the 2nd and 3rd albums. :naughty:

I think this record has only been possible because of Skype and DropBox.

Anyone know how to hack into DropBox? :mf_rosetinted:

I’ve taken electronic music and given it as much heart as I could so that it doesn’t just feel like it’s coming out of a box.

This is the most tangible unambiguous thing he's ever said about the music on this record. It sounds very promising.

It’s a funny balance – the good stuff can be equally destructive as the negative stuff because too much good feedback can just warp you.

Indeed.

I go through periods of feeling like I’ve got elephant-like skin and periods where I just completely hide away in a bubble.

We've noticed. :mikacool:

Is it hard being Mika?

No, it’s not. It’s amazing. I have never been pushed into anything that I don’t want to do. I sell records and manage to fill at least a theatre or whatever around the world doing what I love.

Is it fun being Mika?

It’s full of extremes. You always want to create something better or new or contrasting. It is fun. It’s ****ing fun. I can’t complain. There’s just nothing to complain about.

I am so glad he's finally sending out this message. He has a great life and when he first came on the scene he was fun personified. There is nothing wrong with tackling darker topics in music but all that moaning about a difficult childhood while he's living a charmed life just doesn't ring true and it's depressing. Pop music is escapism and he's very good at creating a world for people to do that.

Thanks for posting,Milda!

Now,for the first time,I'm scared....and I really hope I didn't just read the word "electronic" there....no,can't be.....it must be my crappy english after all.....:aah:

You know I'm not afraid to read "electronic" cos I like electronic music :thumb_yello: And all in all Mika is always stay Mika and Mika's electronic music will be still Mika's music! I'm absolutely sure we'll always find and recognize Mika's style in any music style he will choose to make :wink2:

:roftl:

I mean, if we take the Scissor Sisters, for example, they have a reasonably big gay following - an audience they can count on. At the same time, they also have mainstream followers, of course. My impression is that Mika was never really popular on the gay scene - mainly because of his music. I think with the new album it is likely to change as it will be more 'dance' :dunno: Something similar happened to Kylie Minogue in the early naughties.

I didn't ever think that he did not become a Gay Icon, due to the music. He had his Billy Brown song after all. I actually always thought that the gay ppl didn't embrace him because he was so secretive about his private life.

I, personally, always admired him for keeping part of his life private, instead of plastering it all over the tabloids.

At any rate, I think the interview was good and I'm glad he's in the UK press again. Let's hope this is the first of many intervews with all kinds of mags and websites.

You know I'm not afraid to read "electronic" cos I like electronic music :thumb_yello: And all in all Mika is always stay Mika and Mika's electronic music will be still Mika's music! I'm absolutely sure we'll always find and recognize Mika's style in any music style he will choose to make :wink2:

I've already started to prepare myself for his upcoming gigs :aah: :

[YOUTUBE]6mcG2tCBqbI[/YOUTUBE]

:mf_rosetinted:

May 16, 2012

Mika on making music, meeting the Queen and performing at Lovebox…

You’re a snappy dresser. How do you choose your clothes?

I have a weakness to choose things that I think are beautiful even if I know I’ll never wear them just because they’re nice pieces of art. The problem with that is nothing ever fits together, so now my approach is to stick within a brief. The devil’s in the detail. Technical stuff like structure is important. If your arse looks amazing and your legs look great and you feel good in them, then the trousers are working.

ok... someone should break it to him gently....

Mika, darrrrrrrling, you have no arse :naughty:

I didn't ever think that he did not become a Gay Icon, due to the music. He had his Billy Brown song after all. I actually always thought that the gay ppl didn't embrace him because he was so secretive about his private life.

George Michael is not secretive any more about his private life but it still doesn't make him a gay icon and neither was Freddie Mercury one... What I meant by the music being the reason is not the lyrical contentt but the genre of the songs. Gay audiences prefer more danceable tunes and extravagant style, IMO.

That is interesting! But my greatest impression was even not about electro music...

It seems to me that Mika is not very happy with what Madonna made with his song. He pretends that it is OK, but in fact he is a bit disappointed to hear the result...

What do you think?

That is interesting! But my greatest impression was even not about electro music...

It seems to me that Mika is not very happy with what Madonna made with his song. He pretends that it is OK, but in fact he is a bit disappointed to hear the result...

What do you think?

I think the same lika you but he can´t tell it the world :teehee:

What do you think?

It was definitely a very interesting part! I guess he can't say more.