“It is fun. It’s f***ing fun!”

Milda

That is interesting! But my greatest impression was even not about electro music...

It seems to me that Mika is not very happy with what Madonna made with his song. He pretends that it is OK, but in fact he is a bit disappointed to hear the result...

What do you think?

It's hard to say from a written interview? :dunno: My overall impression (from all interviews) is that he is chuffed to be able to say he's written a song on her album. Even though the original theme and lyrics are better I think the end result is a lot better than her demo and therefore reflects better on him.

The whole thing makes me wonder why Madonna doesn't "interpret" songs from scratch to start with instead of rewriting someone else's work with but I'm sure Mika is not complaining about the accolades and royalty cheques coming his way. :lmfao:

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It seems to me that Mika is not very happy with what Madonna made with his song. He pretends that it is OK, but in fact he is a bit disappointed to hear the result...

What do you think?

I'm not sure.. When he first tweeted about "Gang Bang", it seemed that he really likes the song :dunno:

It's hard to say from a written interview? :dunno: My overall impression (from all interviews) is that he is chuffed to be able to say he's written a song on her album. Even though the original theme and lyrics are better I think the end result is a lot better than her demo and therefore reflects better on him.

The whole thing makes me wonder why Madonna doesn't "interpret" songs from scratch to start with instead of rewriting someone else's work with but I'm sure Mika is not complaining about the accolades and royalty cheques coming his way. :lmfao:

Of course he mentions it gladly, it is a huge promotion for him. If the song ended up to be that dull, he has to compensate moral frustration and have at least some commercial bonuses. :naughty: :naughty:

ok... someone should break it to him gently....

Mika, darrrrrrrling, you have no arse :naughty:

I guess he meant the part of his body where his legs connect to his lower back. :mikacool:

That is interesting! But my greatest impression was even not about electro music...

What do you think?

To me it seems that he was surprised (and maybe a bit shocked?) to see how much Madonna changed the original one. Even when he tweeted about the song he said something like "it's very interesting where she took it". Maybe he had hoped they wouldn't have changed it so much. :dunno: Of course it would've been much more impressive if he could say that he wrote a song for her and they decided to go with his version of it, instead of being able to say that he wrote a song Madonna ended up altering.

ok... someone should break it to him gently....

Mika, darrrrrrrling, you have no arse :naughty:

my siggie begs to differ :naughty:

'21 year-olds I found on the internet.'

Yes, that doesn't make him sound at all creepy. :mf_rosetinted:

But great interview. :biggrin2:

:aah::aah:

hey at least they're legal in any connotation!:thumb_yello:

'21 year-olds I found on the internet.'

Yes, that doesn't make him sound at all creepy. :mf_rosetinted:

He was talking about Fryars and other young, talented musicians he worked with on the album.

I thought he met frYars ages ago :blink:

You never know what his story will be... :teehee:

Anyway, to me it is clear he is talking about artists / musicians he was working with. I don't know how he met up with Priscilla, either, but she also broke via the internet (her YT channel). (I think in the US she is a more famous songwriter than Mika thoiugh, so Madonna may have wanted to work with her in the first place).

I thought he met frYars ages ago :blink:

Yes I think this is one of those "grain of truth" stories. He probably did meet him via the internet when he was 21 and he probably did write songs with him for this album. But the two did not happen at anywhere near the same time. :naughty:

I guess we'll find out when we see the song credits.

Yes I think this is one of those "grain of truth" stories. He probably did meet him via the internet when he was 21 and he probably did write songs with him for this album. But the two did not happen at anywhere near the same time. :naughty:

haha - thought the same :lmao:

I guess we'll find out when we see the song credits.

now we need to stalk that frYars and learn how old is he :mf_rosetinted:

You never know what his story will be... :teehee:

Anyway, to me it is clear he is talking about artists / musicians he was working with. I don't know how he met up with Priscilla, either, but she also broke via the internet (her YT channel). (I think in the US she is a more famous songwriter than Mika thoiugh, so Madonna may have wanted to work with her in the first place).

I always wondered about this Madonna-thing. At first I thought that maybe William Orbit was the link, but now I think you might be right and Priscilla is the link...

Unless Madonna remembers that time when she met Mika for the very first time ages ago and she fell in love with his great arse :mf_rosetinted:

I always wondered about this Madonna-thing. At first I thought that maybe William Orbit was the link, but now I think you might be right and Priscilla is the link...

Unless Madonna remembers that time when she met Mika for the very first time ages ago and she fell in love with his great arse :mf_rosetinted:

Yes, I vote the last one :naughty:

He says it was William Orbit who took it to Madonna, didn't he? Lol, we will never hear the truth, there are just stories he will repeat in the future interviews :teehee:

What do you think?

I agree. And the way he put it across was the right tone, not overly critical, but distancing himself from working closely with her in the future.

I agree. And the way he put it across was the right tone, not overly critical, but distancing himself from working closely with her in the future.

And now I imagine Madonna acting like Sharon Stone in Basic Instinct and Mika getting scared and running away from her... :lmfao:

Yes, I vote the last one :naughty:

He says it was William Orbit who took it to Madonna, didn't he? Lol, we will never hear the truth, there are just stories he will repeat in the future interviews :teehee:

You mean you fell in love with his great arse too? :mf_rosetinted: