I know, I know.:huglove: Okay. So. In bed, walks down the stairs, EMD mother scene (I'm sorry, but that scene better make it to final. I'm really freaking proud of it...),.... Then what? Oh, and with Gertrude. I'm about to make a LOST reference because I can't think of a better way to describe it. It can be her constant?! Like, we don't even have to really mention her very much. She follows Mika throughout the whole book as her one thing that stays the same even as the world is flipping and turning. That's my opinion.

oh thank you! i don't have to draw her so much in different shapes :aah:

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

YESYESYES!!! And maybe Gertrude can be in the plot twist!!! OH MICAH WE NEED A DREAM SCENE BASED ON HAPPY PHANTOM!!!!!!! :DDDDD

CHASING ThE NUNS!!!! I CaN CHANNEL MY OLD CATHOLIC SCHOOL DAYS!!!! Tori. I love her!

oh thank you! i don't have to draw her so much in different shapes :aah:

We can all have our own Gertrudes!!! Ooooohhh!!! This is great!!! Your Gertrude BLEEDS cuteness!!!

CHASING ThE NUNS!!!! I CaN CHANNEL MY OLD CATHOLIC SCHOOL DAYS!!!! Tori. I love her!

We can all have our own Gertrudes!!! Ooooohhh!!! This is great!!! Your Gertrude BLEEDS cuteness!!!

YES! That song IS freedom. We need to convey so much freedom and happiness and quirkiness in that dream scene before we get to the darker, running away dream scene I ranted on about. :teehee:

YES! That song IS freedom. We need to convey so much freedom and happiness and quirkiness in that dream scene before we get to the darker' date=' running away dream scene I ranted on about. :teehee:[/quote']

I'm listening to Tori right now and crying and I think we hold the possibility to use ANY of her songs.

Ad all of it I'm seeing as surreal as possible. Trying not to give away that it's a dream until it progresses and becomes colorful' date=' remember?[/quote']

My brain is permanently on the Trippy Channel.

GOOD. just had to be sure we were still on the same page. I'm really looking forward to using the progression of color!

But... But... I never use color!!! Mine are going to suck!!! :shocked:

GOOD. just had to be sure we were still on the same page. I'm really looking forward to using the progression of color!

But... But... I never use color!!! Mine are going to suck!!! :shocked:

Hey don't worry we can always add color. Just draw black and white, then color it, simple.

That's true. But all colored drawings start out as a plain sketch. Just.. Color with perspective and dimension.

That's the problem. I have no dimension.

That's the problem. I have no dimension.

Hmm... We'll remedy this somehow. The most impt thing is to hash out the plot. So since you designed the EMD thing, what are your ideas for theme and plot behind that?

Hmm... We'll remedy this somehow. The most impt thing is to hash out the plot. So since you designed the EMD thing' date=' what are your ideas for theme and plot behind that?[/quote']

Not going to lie. I modeled it after myself a bit. I hope that's okay.:mf_rosetinted: The idea is, Mika is a big dreamer. A deep thinker. But her mother is constantly shooting her down and making her forget anything she wants. Recent experience of mine that I haven't shared yet is making me really connect with this part. And then as the book progresses, we could have it where Mika begins to find light in her topsy turvy situation, but EMD Mother keeps coming and shutting it down. Shooting her back into the reality that she is in a world where she potentially doesn't belong.

Not going to lie. I modeled it after myself a bit. I hope that's okay.:mf_rosetinted: The idea is, Mika is a big dreamer. A deep thinker. But her mother is constantly shooting her down and making her forget anything she wants. Recent experience of mine that I haven't shared yet is making me really connect with this part. And then as the book progresses, we could have it where Mika begins to find light in her topsy turvy situation, but EMD Mother keeps coming and shutting it down. Shooting her back into the reality that she is in a world where she potentially doesn't belong.

Hmm..... I like that... I feel like those moments of doubt can help us get to point b in terms of thhe realization and then the running away which eventually leads to waking up.

Hmm..... I like that... I feel like those moments of doubt can help us get to point b in terms of thhe realization and then the running away which eventually leads to waking up.

Thats what I'm thinking. That the Mother can be one of the causes of the running away.