MIKA @ Cirque Royal/Koninklijk Circus, Brussels, BELGIUM - SOLD OUT -03-11-2012

Christine

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree:naughty: We're going to hear Mika sing and not to hear 400 people blowing a kazoo.

You're both right, that's why I pointed out that we should only use them before Mika comes to stage or just one time in between two songs. But there is a risk that people are going to hum through the kazoo during the whole concert... :aah:

Other ideas?

You're both right, that's why I pointed out that we should only use them before Mika comes to stage or just one time in between two songs. But there is a risk that people are going to hum through the kazoo during the whole concert... :aah:

Other ideas?

i like the serpentine idea, but do those things fly far? I mean, will it be visible from stage?

i like the serpentine idea, but do those things fly far? I mean, will it be visible from stage?

don't think noise making things will be accepted in the vanue, do you? And I don't like the idea, because there are always people who can't control themselves and blow the damn thing on the wrong moment!

Same for me, i like the idea but (as we did it in France) it's not easy to throw hahaha :teehee:

Well if you take of one little serpentine piece and blow in it (I did it with carnaval when I was a child) then they will reach quite far. But I don't know if the effect is great... it just pops into my mind that it's quite dark into the venue, so that can be a problem.

don't think noise making things will be accepted in the vanue, do you? And I don't like the idea, because there are always people who can't control themselves and blow the damn thing on the wrong moment!

:teehee: Skip the kazoo idea!

New ideas?

Edit: And I'm not going to wear an Adam or Eve costume :bleh:

Adam-Eve-Costume_01618912.jpg

Edited by ~Wicky~

it's getting difficult to think up something original! So many things have been done allready!

I do know Mika likes the bubbles. He said so at the showcase in Amsterdam!

Don't know if a heart shaped balloon will be annoying for other people who are behind? I absolutely don't want to irritate anyone...

balloon-animals-heart-01.JPG

Nice idea, I think :>

Maybe we could do a few little things for different songs...

Like.. Bubbles for Underwater, balloons for TOOL ... What do you think ?

I can't remember the name of the paint in question but I thought we could do something with fluo paint... I've also thought of the fluo plastic stars we usually stick on the kids walls... Do you think it could have a great effect?

Edited by Kaito

I can't remember if the name of the paint in question but I thought we could do something with fluo painting... I've also thought of the fluo plastic stars we usually stick on the kids walls... Do you think it could have a great effect?

I like the idea of doing different things (some people of MFC did it during the Amsterdam showcase)! Though it doesn't have to be to much, otherwise I'll feel like a pack donkey (and I want to see the concert of course, haha). But doing somethig during two or three songs, will be okay for me.

Don't know if 'glow in the dark stars' will have effect, though it would be very nice during stardust! They have to 'charge' for a while in the light and I don't know if there is enough opportunity to charge them before going into the venue (I don't want to set my hope on the sun).

I like the idea of doing different things (some people of MFC did it during the Amsterdam showcase)! Though it doesn't have to be to much, otherwise I'll feel like a pack donkey (and I want to see the concert of course, haha). But doing somethig during two or three songs, will be okay for me.

Don't know if 'glow in the dark stars' will have effect, though it would be very nice during stardust! They have to 'charge' for a while in the light and I don't know if there is enough opportunity to charge them before going into the venue (I don't want to set my hope on the sun).

I like the idea of doing something with stars during stardust! Like the magic wand from cinderella :naughty::naughty:

I can't remember the name of the paint in question but I thought we could do something with fluo paint... I've also thought of the fluo plastic stars we usually stick on the kids walls... Do you think it could have a great effect?

like these ideas :)

Have been thinking about the stars...

Instead of glow in the dark stars, it's maybe better to use lights in the shape of a little star. There are different online shops were you can buy star-shaped led lights, but I don't have any experience with ordering. So maybe it's an option to make a star-shaped light out of a a bicycle led light (working on a battery).

I experimented very quick. I used a black fabric, but I guess it's easier to use black tape instead; just draw a star on the led light and then cover the outer edges with tape.

Just for the idea (it isn't neat at all, it was just an experiment with the fabric).

DSC_0083-1.jpg

DSC_0081.jpg?t=1349434627

Edit: there are shops who are selling Christmas lightning already, will check if they sell star-shaped lights.

Edited by ~Wicky~

Have been thinking about the stars...

Instead of glow in the dark stars, it's maybe better to use lights in the shape of a little star. There are different online shops were you can buy star-shaped led lights, but I don't have any experience with ordering. So maybe it's an option to make a star-shaped light out of a a bicycle led light (working on a battery).

I experimented very quick. I used a black fabric, but I guess it's easier to use black tape instead; just draw a star on the led light and then cover the outer edges with tape.

Just for the idea (it isn't neat at all, it was just an experiment with the fabric).

DSC_0083-1.jpg

DSC_0081.jpg?t=1349434627

Edit: there are shops who are selling Christmas lightning already, will check if they sell star-shaped lights.

That'd be great as well :D I'll try to find one in the garage tomorrow ;)

It says 8 o'clock on my ticket.

Thankies:wink2:

And what about making something like, I don't know, handing out sheets of blue foil to the people on the gig, so that we could all wave with it at Underwater? It could look like the whole audience was under water if it worked:teehee: We did something like that in Warsaw, but we used golden foil on WAG. It looked amazing! It didn't require much effort from the non-Mika ppl (it was a festival), so everyone was eager to do it:wink2:

Or maybe we could use something else instead of foil..? But I guess it could look nice if it was shiny

Thankies:wink2:

And what about making something like, I don't know, handing out sheets of blue foil to the people on the gig, so that we could all wave with it at Underwater? It could look like the whole audience was under water if it worked:teehee: We did something like that in Warsaw, but we used golden foil on WAG. It looked amazing! It didn't require much effort from the non-Mika ppl (it was a festival), so everyone was eager to do it:wink2:

Or maybe we could use something else instead of foil..? But I guess it could look nice if it was shiny

I have 2 hours class tomorrow so I'll try to go to the cheap shop near uni to see what I can find there :fisch: (Similar to Poundland or 100 yen shop, I think :) )

Where could you find golden foil at that time ? Maybe we can find it at Schleiper... (Shop that sells artistic material....) I don't know, we talked about making bubbles for Underwater... Both sound great ideas ;) to me but I think we should ALL decide what is the best.... :>

Anyway, MFCers that are coming, EXPRESS YOURSELF ! The more we are, the more the effect'll be great~ :wub2:

I really don't remember, but I guess we bought it online in some kind of art shop. We bought it in large sheets and cut it into smaller pieces before the gig

Just found this one http://www.amazon.com/Highland-Supply-Foil-Roll-Blue/dp/B0000VZ4UA

I can't order it as I don't have any VISA card for now :'/

In any case, bring your bubbles & balloons, guys ! ;)

By the way, this would be cool as well ! That'd have a great effect in this venue, I think :http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wave_(audience)

I couldn't find back my led light :( I'll have to buy a new one, I think :aah: