Mika @ Dutch tv show: Langs de Leeuw (Oct. 27, 2012)

Droopsy

Amen to that Cath!

I can assure you it felt really special to see him make the effort of singing in my language!

We were watching it together with 7 friends after the Paradiso-gig...and we even got a bit emotional because...well...like I said...it gave us goosebumps seeing and hearing him pronounce our words in the cutest, adorable way possible! :wub2:

We've seen Mika on Paul's show a few times now...and it's very clear to me he really likes to be there! They connect somehow...and at Paradiso he told the crowd about his recordings with Paul earlier that day...he was still smiling about it :naughty:

Did he pronounce it right?? God, he is so talented... Me and some friends were doubting whether if he is understandable in that song... is he?

Did he pronounce it right?? God, he is so talented... Me and some friends were doubting whether if he is understandable in that song... is he?

He is quite understandable ... especially the chorus he did very well. :thumb_yello: I think he gained a lot of hearts in the Netherlands with this performance. :wub2:

Uhm... well... that song was a kind of huge hit here 16 years ago or something like that, so everyone knows the lyrics. And yes, if you know the lyrics, you can recognise them in what Mika was singing if you put some effort in it :teehee:

Ok, this is too harsh. Some sentences were actually really good. Others were... more imaginative :naughty:

Edit: what Annie says: the chorus was good!

Edited by smokesignal

Uhm... well... that song was a kind of huge hit here 16 years ago or something like that, so everyone knows the lyrics. And yes, if you know the lyrics, you can recognise them in what Mika was singing if you put some effort in it :teehee:

Ok, this is too harsh. Some sentences were actually really good. Others were... more imaginative :naughty:

Edit: what Annie says: the chorus was good!

I don't know the lyrics but I understood Mika quite well. :shun::teehee:

thank you!!!

have you all seen the funny moment from 55:14 to 55:57? :naughty:

http://langsdeleeuw.vara.nl/gemist

Rosa...

Did he ever before...

sing a song...that's not his...on a tv-show...

with a host coming on to him big time (just for fun ofc :naughty:)...

in a language that's totally hocuspocus to him??

Don't think so :teehee: and he stole ALL Dutch hearts with that :wub2:

and even if some words were not pronounced the way they should be...

who caaaaares?? :teehee:

It was simply cute and adorable and he gave his best!! :thumb_yello:

and yes...I loved the whole show...and I love him even more today then I did yesterday :wub2::wub2:

Rosa...

Did he ever before...

and yes...I loved the whole show...and I love him even more today then I did yesterday :wub2::wub2:

Not just Dutch hearts :wink2::wub2:

Rosa...

Did he ever before...

Oh, don't get me wrong... I LOVED it. Can't stop watching that clip :wub2:

Rosa...

Did he ever before...

It was simply cute and adorable and he gave his

: he sang fernando in El Hormiguero a year ago. Whilst wearing a wig :mf_rosetinted:

I think you all misunderstood me... I loved the show,I really did. I think the presenter was "too much" sometimes but I see he must be the best showman there and for all of people watching the show, it was normal. Sometimes Mika looked astonished :aah: but clearly enjoyed every minute of it.

And about the song... I thought he pronounced it right... I was hearing Paul singing and then Mika,and it seemed to me pretty much the same! A friend of mine said he just made it up,but knowing Mika,the fact that he speaks at least three languages almost perfectly,the fact that it was writen and the fact that Paul would sing it first,made me thought he did it perfect!!

Anyway,to my ears he did :teehee:

This show and El Hormiguero,are really funny. Shows where Mika can interact with the presenters and public are the best for him. He shows how he is and it makes people appreciate not only the singer he is,but also the human being behind.

: he sang fernando in El Hormiguero a year ago. Whilst wearing a wig :mf_rosetinted:

I think you all misunderstood me... I loved the show,I really did. I think the presenter was "too much" sometimes but I see he must be the best showman there and for all of people watching the show, it was normal. Sometimes Mika looked astonished :aah: but clearly enjoyed every minute of it.

And about the song... I thought he pronounced it right... I was hearing Paul singing and then Mika,and it seemed to me pretty much the same! A friend of mine said he just made it up,but knowing Mika,the fact that he speaks at least three languages almost perfectly,the fact that it was writen and the fact that Paul would sing it first,made me thought he did it perfect!!

This show and El Hormiguero,are really funny. Shows where Mika can interact with the presenters and public are the best for him. He shows how he is and it makes people appreciate not only the singer he is,but also the human being behind.

Fernando was not in a language that was new for him. :wink2:

You said that Paul de Leeuw was too much sometimes and I can imagine you feel that way. But we Dutchies are so used to him ... he's doing these kind of shows for years and years now and he has always been like this. I think he is one of the few Dutch presenters that can actually be rude now and then and get away with it ... just because he is Paul de Leeuw (I'm not sure how to explain this in a better way :teehee:).

And I think Mika did really well :clap:. Ofcourse it wasn't perfect, but you have to keep in mind that Dutch can be a difficult language for a lot of people to pronounce. Like Mika said ... it sounds like Russian to him. I hear that a lot from foreign people that try to learn Dutch.

I really loved the show ... I think it's the best show Mika has ever done :wub2: (but I might be a little prejudiced :teehee:)

I made a few screencaps (ofcourse I have cut out Paul de Leeuw :)

20121027mikalangsdeleeu.jpg

:wub2:

Ohhh so adorable tv show, Mika seems a big kid as usual :naughty:

ok now Mika makes me want to be born man, gay and 10 years less :aah:

thanks Mika :mf_rosetinted:

Great caps Annie, thanks a lot :huglove:

I agree. He is so great when he's having fun with the presenters. He should do more shows like this.

I made a D/L link of MP3 file of the song. enjoy ! :wink2:

MP3 : Mika & Paul - "Ik heb je lief"

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?015g1k8py5xexr1

MixCloud

Mika singing in dutch and LYWID :clap:

[YOUTUBE]mNuBeGFJrfc[/YOUTUBE]

I haven't had a chance to watch the interview yet, but I thought it would be nice to try my hands on a sort of a translation of the Dutch song they sung, because I think it is even more funny if you know what they're singing. The song is called 'ik heb je lief', which means I love you, but it's said in a poetic way. There's also another, more common way of saying I love you in Dutch, which is also referred to in the song. I don't know how to translate the difference. I'm not even going to try to do the lyrics any justice, since they're a weird combination of extremely cheesy and hilariously sarcastic. So here's a pretty literal translation for all non-Dutch speakers to get the idea.

I don't know if you're waiting

for a kind word from me

if I recall you in my mind

it makes me many little bits happy

I feel it when I see you sitting

when I only smell you

it's in a hundred thousand butterflies

that are floating sweetly in my stomach

I love you all my life

It's much more than loving you (the non-poetic version)

It's as if it's in my blood

as if I cannot live without you

your lovely eyes make me melt

they put me on fire

I feel it just when seeing you

I get it from Rotterdam as well

I love you, I love you, I love you

what should I do without you

It's three tiny words

and even though it scares me a bit

I love you, four seasons long

I feel it often when you get up