MIKA @ Cite des Congres, Nantes, FRANCE - 26 November 2012: REPORTS/PICS/VIDEOS

mellody

I'm only wondering, since Mika seems to be getting **** on Twitter about this gig, and apparently previous ones too, if it's worth mentioning? (Not that he would mind, he doesn't read his mentions anyway. But I believe his team does.)

Getting sh*t from whom? Are these fans that you know? Because if it's just the constant stream of abuse that has been coming from one troll for several years then neither Mika nor anyone from his team is reading it. And not only does it not make it worth mentioning, but you can bet the abuse has been fuelled by discussions like these and not from any first hand experiences.

And yes, touring is a very stressful thing to do, especially with the flu, underwear being thrown on stage and fans licking ears and stuff, but that's the price of being a pop star... I'm wondering would he rather go back to being a background singer/pianist at receptions, where near to no-one listened to him singing?

What?? :aah: I really don't think that being physically molested is the price of being a pop star! :doh:

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think he is getting any sh*t about these last gigs of the tour at all :blink: Not from the people who were really there! I wasn't in Nantes but I was in Bordeaux day before and the response was very positive. Many people even said it was the best show they had seen. And I have seen many shows and I really enjoyed the Bordeaux gig and thought it was a good one, even his voice wasn't as strong as it usually is. I could see he was tired in the end (so I understand the situation must have been stressful for his whole team) but the audience loved him!

Thank you Nina.

I just wanted to give an account of my experience in the Choir Mika of Nantes because I felt the necessity to tell what had happened. I would have preferred a nice experience as positive to tell when I was Big Girl in London and Lollipop Girl in Strasbourg.

I was sick, I damaged the tendons in my feet at the two concerts in Paris stayed up almost all day in laces boots, I slept only four hours, but I was respectful even if I suffered a lot physically. I love Joanni, I think she is a wonderful woman and mother, that's why it hurt me a lot to be treated so rudely by her as we had done nothing to deserve it. We didn’t ask after that what was wrong because it doesn’t concern us, and two because our presence bothered, we made us more discreet.

I don't think he is getting any sh*t about these last gigs of the tour at all :blink: Not from the people who were really there! I wasn't in Nantes but I was in Bordeaux day before and the response was very positive. Many people even said it was the best show they had seen. And I have seen many shows and I really enjoyed the Bordeaux gig and thought it was a good one, even his voice wasn't as strong as it usually is. I could see he was tired in the end (so I understand the situation must have been stressful for his whole team) but the audience loved him!

The same for Nantes, I only read good reviews of the show, which was really amazing :thumb_yello::wub2: One of his best gig I've ever attended, and I don't mention my personal experience that made that gig even more special :wub2: but only the Mika part !

:wink2:

Bordeaux and Nantes gigs had good reviews, the public love the two shows. But apparently backstage in Bordeaux as some members of the choir told me Mika team was like in Nantes :doh:

Bordeaux and Nantes gigs had good reviews, the public love the two shows. But apparently backstage in Bordeaux as some members of the choir told me Mika team was like in Nantes :doh:

You win some you lose some I guess. It can't always be perfect. I agree with you that they shouldn't bring fans into the equation if it's a bad time for whatever reason.

I have no idea what happened backstage, but I saw the show in Bordeaux and I was totally amazed he could do a show like that even he was not well. It was a good atmosphere, high energy show. You know his usual jump? It was high, really :shocked: He danced and jumped, talked between the songs and he smiled a lot :wub2: He looked gorgeous and not ill at all, but in the end I could see he was exhausted. He was ill and after almost two hour show he was very tired. And I heard he still took a pic with the choir and gave them time to give their gifts. He even signed for the fans waiting for him! And really, he was not well and he had still one more show and a lot of promo to do... Stressful times, people around him must be busy and worried and it's not easy to say no to fans who are waiting for their turn to be on stage.

I have no idea what did or didn't happen backstage but I don't understand why Mika having a cold is justification for people to be acting exceptionally stressed out and disorganized? Sounds like Mika was coping just fine.

I have no idea what did or didn't happen backstage but I don't understand why Mika having a cold is justification for people to be acting exceptionally stressed out and disorganized? Sounds like Mika was coping just fine.

Well of course we can't know how he was coping when he was not in front of people. Personally I didn't see anyone stressed out or disorganized in Bordeaux. I saw only his stage crew and they were all in a great mood and joking :naughty: Only saying that probably Mika wasn't the only one having a cold and to tell the truth, just him being ill is a good reason for his mother or someone else very close to him to act a bit stressed out, imo (if that happened, I didn't meet any of them).

I think it's okay to share all kind of experiences on MFC but I also think we should be understanding. Obviously we like to see everyone always smiling, but being in the choir (or BG or LG etc) is a fantastic opportunity to see how things are for real, and sometimes backstage can be hectic and busy (sometimes he needs to do several interviews before the show and his schedules are very tight etc), and there are moments when people can be even stressed out or disorganized. Maybe some other pop stars hide these moments from their fans but that's not what I want or expect, I think it's much more valuable to see something real and it's amazing they let fans to be a part of everything :wub2: It's a huge work for his team, they are all kind and friendly people and as Robi said, they have been patient with fans for years, gig after gig.

And again, if the moment is not suitable of course it's okay to say no to fans, too. I hope they know it.

I think it's okay to share all kind of experiences on MFC but I also think we should be understanding. Obviously we like to see everyone always smiling, but being in the choir (or BG or LG etc) is a fantastic opportunity to see how things are for real, and sometimes backstage can be hectic and busy (sometimes he needs to do several interviews before the show and his schedules are very tight etc), and there are moments when people can be even stressed out or disorganized.

Yes I think it suffices to say that they are human beings and everyone gets stressed out at work on occasion. But I don't think that every time someone has a bad experience it needs to be excused by Mika's illness or his breakup or his sister's accident or missing his dog or losing his phone or getting a speeding ticket or any of the other endless things we can think up to feel more empathy for him than for each other.

It's a huge work for his team, they are all kind and friendly people and as Robi said, they have been patient with fans for years, gig after gig.

Yes that's all I would advise anyone is to try to keep it in perspective to all your other experiences, most of which are wonderful. At least I would expect so in Sephira's case (or my case or your case).

And again, if the moment is not suitable of course it's okay to say no to fans, too. I hope they know it.

Yes I mean this is the lesson here IMO. People will be disappointed and moan if they are let down (choir cancelled or points gig postponed :mf_rosetinted:) but I think that kind of disappointment is fleeting and easily forgotten whereas being made to feel like you are a nuisance or whatever is going to leave lingering bad feelings. Which is a shame because it defeats the whole purpose of them going out of their way to create a special experience for fans.

And yes, touring is a very stressful thing to do, especially with the flu, underwear being thrown on stage and fans licking ears and stuff, but that's the price of being a pop star... I'm wondering would he rather go back to being a background singer/pianist at receptions, where near to no-one listened to him singing? If a fan gets negative response from him for throwing underwear on stage or licking his ear, why wouldn't we be allowed to give negative response to a horrible experience? If no-one mentions it, no-one will know about it. And I believe stuff like this needs to be told about as well.

Unless I was a prostitute, which I am not for the record, I wouldn't appreciate people licking my ear. Just because he's famous doesn't mean that there are no boundaries and there is no need to be respectful. Would YOU like it if people started licking you out of the blue?

Unless I was a prostitute, which I am not for the record, I wouldn't appreciate people licking my ear. Just because he's famous doesn't mean that there are no boundaries and there is no need to be respectful. Would YOU like it if people started licking you out of the blue?

Gah, that's not what I meant. I just meant there's a huge downside to being this famous. And that gets attention, too. So why not provide some attention to things that annoy fans?

Of course I would mind. I'm just saying people should have the right to express their anger or indignation on something, anything. The tour being really hard and stressful shouldn't mean people aren't allowed to point out flaws.

Gah, that's not what I meant. I just meant there's a huge downside to being this famous. And that gets attention, too. So why not provide some attention to things that annoy fans?

Of course I would mind. I'm just saying people should have the right to express their anger or indignation on something, anything. The tour being really hard and stressful shouldn't mean people aren't allowed to point out flaws.

I have to say that I agree with you, completely. Two wrongs don't make a right, and one thing doesn't have anything to do with the other.

I'm not saying that this happened, or that it didn't (heck, what would I know!) but IF situations like those arise, in general, I feel that people are perfectly entitled to make it known.

I'm sure that the emergency rooms or operating theatres in hospitals are far more stressful situations than organising a gig, and yet people working there manage to keep a modicum of politeness. There really is no excuse for behaviour like that, and cannot be justified and tried to brush under the carpet if people are affected by it :dunno:

Well I think everybody has a point and everyone should express his feelings...:thumb_yello:

But it appears to me that quite everything has been said now, on this bad experience Sephira had and needed to share. It's really sad and of course, I hope noone will experience that again, but maybe we should move on or talk about that in the Polka doit choir thread ? :dunno:

I don't want to be rude, but I wanted to post a press article of the main local newspaper, which talk about the amazing show Mika offered to us, for this last night of touring in Europe :wub2:

http://www.ouest-france.fr/actu/actuLocale_-Avec-Mika-a-Nantes-on-celebrate-_40815-2137654------44109-aud_actu.Htm

There are 3 pics of the gig

Avec Mika à Nantes, on « celebrate » !

Carton plein pour Mika, en concert hier soir à la Cité des congrès de Nantes. Le chanteur a transporté 2 000 personnes, dans une ambiance à la fois délirante, sympathique et super-maîtrisée… À son image. Réinterprétant des titres récents comme Celebrate, Mika a aussi offert tous ses tubes à ses fans : Relax, Elle me dit, un superbe Billy Brown revisité au saxo ou Stuck in the middle sur un piano déchaîné.

Mika apparaît sur scène dans une tenue évoquant un clown branché : chemise blanche et pantalon noir cintrés, bretelles rouges, chapeau noir et blanc et souliers vernis coordonnés. Fatigué par une longue tournée, il évoque avec humour les conséquences sur sa voix : « Quand je suis enrhumé comme ce soir, j’ai l’impression d’avoir une voix marquée par la cigarette, le whisky et le chocolat chaud. Je me sens comme Gainsbourg… ou plutôt comme la Jessica Rabbit du film ! » Quand, au début d’une chanson, sa voix flanche, il s’excuse platement : « Si seulement on pouvait faire comme dans le film Men in black : un flash light et vous oubliez ça ! » Dans son français parfait, Mika égrène aussi quelques-uns de ses souvenirs d’enfance à Paris…

Avec un brin de tristesse, l’artiste confie à plusieurs reprises : « Vous allez me manquer… » Nantes était la dernière date de sa tournée en Europe. « Avant longtemps », a-t-il précisé, ajoutant qu’il allait « retourner écrire » dans les mois prochains. « C’est un peu bizarre de terminer une tournée. Mais on se souvient toujours du dernier concert ! »

And the translation :

"With Mika in Nantes, we do "celebrate" !"

Full succes for Mika, who was performing last night at the Cité des Congrès de Nantes.

The singer transported 2000 people, in a exhuberant, sympathic and very well controled atmosphere... Wich reflects his own personnality.

Reinterpreting recent hits, like Celebrate, Mika also gifted his fans with all of his hits songs : Relax, Elle me dit and a gorgeous Billy Brown reinterpreted with a saxophone or Stuck in the middle on a bursted piano.

Mika came on stage in an outfit reminded the one of a "trendy clown" : withe shirt and trousers tight-fitting, red braces, black and white hat and polished shoes which matched perfectly.

Tired by a long tour, he talked with sense of humour about the consequences of that on his voice : " when I have a cold like tonight, I have the feeling to have a voice marked by cigarette, whisky and hot chocolate. I'm feeling like Gainsourg... or rather like the Jessica Rabbit of the movie !".

When at the beginning of a song [Karen] his voice started to flag, he humbly apologizes : "If only we could do like in the movie The Men In Blanck : a flash light, and you forget that ! "

Using his perfect French, Mika listed also some of his childhood memories in Paris...

With a bit of sadness, the artist confessed a few times : " I am gonna miss you...". Nantes was the last show of his european tour, "for a long time", adding that he was going "back to write" in the next months.

"It's a little weird to end a tour. But you always remember of the last gig" !

Edited by French Deb

I wanted to post a press article of the main local newspaper, which talk about the amazing show Mika offered to us, for this last night of touring in Europe :wub2:

http://www.ouest-france.fr/actu/actuLocale_-Avec-Mika-a-Nantes-on-celebrate-_40815-2137654------44109-aud_actu.Htm

Thanks Deb :flowers2: I'm so happy he got such good reviews after the last European gig!! At the same time hearing his good bye sounds so, so sad...

Yes, that's great he had such positive reviews of his shows :wub2: Well, he is really amazing on stage, so I'm not that surprised :teehee: I was with my mum for the Nantes gig, and it was the first time she saw him and was totally amazed by the man :mf_rosetinted::fisch: She told me at the end "well, even if I don't see the point to see him that often (:doh::aah:), I totally understand you are a fan of this artist : he totally rocks !" I was so proud :wub2:

For his goodbye thing, I know this is sooo soon :tears:

I have no problem with anyone sharing bad experiences. I haven't had them myself, but you know, that doesn't mean it won't ever happen. It's just that I found it a bit weird as it came off as if you said he didn't have a right to complain about people crossing his personal boundaries just because he's famous.

I have no problem with anyone sharing bad experiences. I haven't had them myself, but you know, that doesn't mean it won't ever happen. It's just that I found it a bit weird as it came off as if you said he didn't have a right to complain about people crossing his personal boundaries just because he's famous.

Of course not, I'm not a monster. Do groupies do that? Then I have to confirm I'm not a groupie either. Fyi. I've had my share of bad experiences with people crossing boundaries just because either I was a kid back then or I'm a woman now, and when I actually reported something, the last time (March 28 of last year), the police shat on me for still being out on the streets at 12:30AM and wearing a dress. I've had my share of people saying "they were right, you shouldn't dress/be that way/be here," and I am so glad Mika is standing up for himself by spreading the word: intimidating him is a no-go. And I fiercely hope everyone will get the message.

But ya, it was a bad analogy. I know.

Well I think everybody has a point and everyone should express his feelings...:thumb_yello:

But it appears to me that quite everything has been said now, on this bad experience Sephira had and needed to share. It's really sad and of course, I hope noone will experience that again, but maybe we should move on or talk about that in the Polka doit choir thread ? :dunno:

I don't want to be rude, but I wanted to post a press article of the main local newspaper, which talk about the amazing show Mika offered to us, for this last night of touring in Europe :wub2:

There are 3 pics of the gig

And the translation :

thanks for sharing and translating! :flowers2: so he really wants to go back to writing already... sigh... :sad: then again, he says "for a long time", but the next festival in france is already announced... :teehee: ah well, it's already a long time until april next year! :fisch::naughty: