MIKA @ Cite des Congres, Nantes, FRANCE - 26 November 2012: REPORTS/PICS/VIDEOS

mellody

Thank you guys :huglove:

Here is the vid :

Please, don't make fun of me :teehee:

I'll explain everything later and translate what he said, I have to go to work :doh:

To be quick, he wanted a lady next to me to come and sing with him because she wasn(t singing at all during the gig, and she didn't want ! Then he looked at me with his cute face and I said "Well, I can do it" and he grabbed me by the hand and it was on ! :aah:

First, we can't see on the vid, but he made me doing strange noise like he knows how to do it and some "la la la la la", and looked at the audience with a "that's bad" face !! :naughty::aah: And then he put the microphone well so I could sing the "doom...." during he was on the piano. Each time that I stopped, he pretend to moan and said "Sing !" so I keep going on ! That was so funny...

Well, that was realluy unbelievable... :wub2: Thought I was dreaming when I woke up this morning...

wow! wow! wow! :dance_man:

What a incredible experience.....:wub2:

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you guys :huglove:

Here is the vid :

Please, don't make fun of me :teehee:

I'll explain everything later and translate what he said, I have to go to work :doh:

To be quick, he wanted a lady next to me to come and sing with him because she wasn(t singing at all during the gig, and she didn't want ! Then he looked at me with his cute face and I said "Well, I can do it" and he grabbed me by the hand and it was on ! :aah:

First, we can't see on the vid, but he made me doing strange noise like he knows how to do it and some "la la la la la", and looked at the audience with a "that's bad" face !! :naughty::aah: And then he put the microphone well so I could sing the "doom...." during he was on the piano. Each time that I stopped, he pretend to moan and said "Sing !" so I keep going on ! That was so funny...

Well, that was realluy unbelievable... :wub2: Thought I was dreaming when I woke up this morning...

:mikalove: I only just saw this. Wow, what an incredible experience! I am so happy for you. The video is so cute!

I agree with what everybody's saying: Mika is golden! He really is!

Ok, then, so here is my report about this crazy evening…:wub2:

I arrived with my mum at 7.30PM et we came to our seats. We realize that we are sooooo close to the stage, at the 1st row. We just had to stretch the legs to touch the stage !! It was my 15th gig but I never was that close, and in the middle, just under the microphone. It was really impressive, especially when we were seating, Mika seemed even taller than he is ! I was so impressed that I didn’t dare to use my camera because I was afraid to bother him.:blush-anim-cl:

When he arrived on “Un soleil mal luné”, with the music-rest on which there were the lyrics, me (and my mother !!) were totally hypnotized ! Honestly, the fact of being that close, to see all the details, every single expression on his face, his hands; etc. that was impressive. :wub2:

Then, he played « Grace Kelly » and « Relax » ! And it was pure madness in the venue : the audience stood up, even in the balconies. Everybody was dancing, singing… What a mood ! :thumb_yello: Mika was really happy to end this part of his tour in this way, with such an audience. At one point (I filmed that !), he said that you always remember the first show and the last show of a tour. He was really moved, and we could see several times his eyes were moist. :blush-anim-cl:

Actually, the audience was only seated for the acoustic and slow songs, and for Blue Eyes.

He made the audience be part of his show a lot, as he always do. He was very chatty and he said he was ill so he needed us to sing with him to help ! Then, he said that when he is ill, he has a strange voice that he likes, a voice marked by cigarette, whisky and hot chocolate ! So funny. He said he felt like Gainsbourg or even like Jessica Rabbit ! He couldn’t remember her name, so he ask the audience “how is the name of the blond and hot girl of Roger Rabbit ?!” Everyone was laughing ! :naughty:

Then he insulted himself, saying he has the right to call him « di** face » and asked the translation in French ! So classy ! :naughty: He talked a lot about childhood memories… He was really touching.

Between the songs, we could se he was ill. He coughed a lot and needed to take breath. He was even touching his throat. But he is so amazing to be such a great artist, to respect his audience and despite he was ill, he totally rocked !! Respect Mika, you’re the best. :thumb_yello:

He really loved the venu, he said it’s like a « classic theatre for orchestra » and that his dressing room was huge… I filmed that part ! I’ll upload later. He went on saying that the dressing rooms of the conductor (he said « chef de l’orchestre » in French, that was so cute !) have to be huge because the egos of the conductors are so huge and have to fit in the dressing room ! He closed the talk saying he would love to live in a place like that, like the circus men who live in their circus…

When he started Karen, he had to stop because he coughed… The public has applause him to encourage him ! He said he wanted to do like in the “Men in black”, to “flasd” the audience so we could forget ! So funny…:naughty:

Well, it was a very great gig, really. He was on fire, despite he was ill, and very moving, very touching. He was happy to be there and so sad to end his tour… He said he will miss us… :blush-anim-cl:

Well, regarding my crazy experience, I could explain more ! As I said, in the middle of Love Today (when he does usually the Max part) he wanted a lady next to me to come and sing with him because she wasn’t singing at all during the gig, and she didn't want ! Then he looked at me with his cute face and I said "Well, ok !" and he grabbed me by the hand and it was on !

I really didn’t realised what was happening, I was in the fire of the moment ! He put me next to the piano, the lights were fade and my heart started to beat wildly… I said to myself, “holly crap, I’m in front of more than 2000 people, what he’s gonna do with me !” :blink:, then Mika, came close to me to ask “Can you remember me your name ?”, he asked three times, cause we couldn’t hear anything… I answered “Deborah” and he said “well, keep going on doing the “doom…”” and went to his piano. First he wanted to do like if he did some lessons : he asked me to do strange noise like if I had to warm my voice, and some "la la la la la", and looked at the audience with a "that's bad" face, like if I did wrong notes ! Then he streched himself, so I did the same ! All the audience cracked up and aplaused to support me… :teehee: And then, he went in front of me, and made some gesture to the band and the audience so they stop singing… leaving me all alone with the “doom, da da di da di doom”… Oh my god ! And he made fun of me, speaking to the audience, and every time that I stopped say “you, sing !” with a strong voice… During all this time, the public was on fire ! And I could see that Mika was really laughing too !:naughty:

I’ll translate what he said in the vid, so you could understand… That’s really funny !

Then he started to sing again, and to dance. He came close to me to danse with me, and took my arm to dance with him… and the end was sooooo incredible, he made me come in his arms, to finish the song… That was really crazy ! :wub2: The lights went of, and it’s impressive because you can’t see anything at all… So he took my hand so I don’t fall, and was laughing ! He was happy of his joke who lasted 10 minutes, and said to me “that was so great”… Then, I went of the stage, and came back to my seat, I was totally confused and I wondered what really happened up there… :doh::wub2:

Then, he strated his usual speech on “Love you when I’m drunk” and asked to me if I drunk something before coming to the gig… I said no but I was ok to have a drink with him after the gig ! So he looked at my mum and asked to me “Is she your mother ?”, I said yes and he carried on asking her “well, is your daughter always like that ?!” So funny…

After that he said that apparently, people from Nantes were drinking less than people from Bordeaux where he was the night before (Well, Bordeaux is a country of wine, so that’s normal !) That was funny.

Well, I think I said everything… That was an amazing gig, Mika is still wonderful on stage, he is still funny and close to his public and fans. :wub2: I won’t thank him enough for this experience he allowed me to share with him… That will always be in my memories, as one of the most amazing moment in my life…:blush-anim-cl:

Thank you Mika !

Ok, then, so here is my report about this crazy evening…:wub2:

I arrived with my mum at 7.30PM et we came to our seats. We realize that we are sooooo close to the stage, at the 1st row. We just had to stretch the legs to touch the stage !! It was my 15th gig but I never was that close, and in the middle, just under the microphone. It was really impressive, especially when we were seating, Mika seemed even taller than he is ! I was so impressed that I didn’t dare to use my camera because I was afraid to bother him.:blush-anim-cl:

When he arrived on “Un soleil mal luné”, with the music-rest on which there were the lyrics, me (and my mother !!) were totally hypnotized ! Honestly, the fact of being that close, to see all the details, every single expression on his face, his hands; etc. that was impressive. :wub2:

Then, he played « Grace Kelly » and « Relax » ! And it was pure madness in the venue : the audience stood up, even in the balconies. Everybody was dancing, singing… What a mood ! :thumb_yello: Mika was really happy to end this part of his tour in this way, with such an audience. At one point (I filmed that !), he said that you always remember the first show and the last show of a tour. He was really moved, and we could see several times his eyes were moist. :blush-anim-cl:

Actually, the audience was only seated for the acoustic and slow songs, and for Blue Eyes.

He made the audience be part of his show a lot, as he always do. He was very chatty and he said he was ill so he needed us to sing with him to help ! Then, he said that when he is ill, he has a strange voice that he likes, a voice marked by cigarette, whisky and hot chocolate ! So funny. He said he felt like Gainsbourg or even like Jessica Rabbit ! He couldn’t remember her name, so he ask the audience “how is the name of the blond and hot girl of Roger Rabbit ?!” Everyone was laughing ! :naughty:

Then he insulted himself, saying he has the right to call him « di** face » and asked the translation in French ! So classy ! :naughty: He talked a lot about childhood memories… He was really touching.

Between the songs, we could se he was ill. He coughed a lot and needed to take breath. He was even touching his throat. But he is so amazing to be such a great artist, to respect his audience and despite he was ill, he totally rocked !! Respect Mika, you’re the best. :thumb_yello:

He really loved the venu, he said it’s like a « classic theatre for orchestra » and that his dressing room was huge… I filmed that part ! I’ll upload later. He went on saying that the dressing rooms of the conductor (he said « chef de l’orchestre » in French, that was so cute !) have to be huge because the egos of the conductors are so huge and have to fit in the dressing room ! He closed the talk saying he would love to live in a place like that, like the circus men who live in their circus…

When he started Karen, he had to stop because he coughed… The public has applause him to encourage him ! He said he wanted to do like in the “Men in black”, to “flasd” the audience so we could forget ! So funny…:naughty:

Well, it was a very great gig, really. He was on fire, despite he was ill, and very moving, very touching. He was happy to be there and so sad to end his tour… He said he will miss us… :blush-anim-cl:

Well, regarding my crazy experience, I could explain more ! As I said, in the middle of Love Today (when he does usually the Max part) he wanted a lady next to me to come and sing with him because she wasn’t singing at all during the gig, and she didn't want ! Then he looked at me with his cute face and I said "Well, ok !" and he grabbed me by the hand and it was on !

I really didn’t realised what was happening, I was in the fire of the moment ! He put me next to the piano, the lights were fade and my heart started to beat wildly… I said to myself, “holly crap, I’m in front of more than 2000 people, what he’s gonna do with me !” :blink:, then Mika, came close to me to ask “Can you remember me your name ?”, he asked three times, cause we couldn’t hear anything… I answered “Deborah” and he said “well, keep going on doing the “doom…”” and went to his piano. First he wanted to do like if he did some lessons : he asked me to do strange noise like if I had to warm my voice, and some "la la la la la", and looked at the audience with a "that's bad" face, like if I did wrong notes ! Then he streched himself, so I did the same ! All the audience cracked up and aplaused to support me… :teehee: And then, he went in front of me, and made some gesture to the band and the audience so they stop singing… leaving me all alone with the “doom, da da di da di doom”… Oh my god ! And he made fun of me, speaking to the audience, and every time that I stopped say “you, sing !” with a strong voice… During all this time, the public was on fire ! And I could see that Mika was really laughing too !:naughty:

I’ll translate what he said in the vid, so you could understand… That’s really funny !

Then he started to sing again, and to dance. He came close to me to danse with me, and took my arm to dance with him… and the end was sooooo incredible, he made me come in his arms, to finish the song… That was really crazy ! :wub2: The lights went of, and it’s impressive because you can’t see anything at all… So he took my hand so I don’t fall, and was laughing ! He was happy of his joke who lasted 10 minutes, and said to me “that was so great”… Then, I went of the stage, and came back to my seat, I was totally confused and I wondered what really happened up there… :doh::wub2:

Then, he strated his usual speech on “Love you when I’m drunk” and asked to me if I drunk something before coming to the gig… I said no but I was ok to have a drink with him after the gig ! So he looked at my mum and asked to me “Is she your mother ?”, I said yes and he carried on asking her “well, is your daughter always like that ?!” So funny…

After that he said that apparently, people from Nantes were drinking less than people from Bordeaux where he was the night before (Well, Bordeaux is a country of wine, so that’s normal !) That was funny.

Well, I think I said everything… That was an amazing gig, Mika is still wonderful on stage, he is still funny and close to his public and fans. :wub2: I won’t thank him enough for this experience he allowed me to share with him… That will always be in my memories, as one of the most amazing moment in my life…:blush-anim-cl:

Thank you Mika !

:wub2:

I don't have anything else to add :swoon:

That was an amazing gig, Mika is still wonderful on stage, he is still funny and close to his public and fans. :wub2: I won’t thank him enough for this experience he allowed me to share with him… That will always be in my memories, as one of the most amazing moment in my life…:blush-anim-cl:

Thank you Mika !

That is such a special story and your whole report is a joy to read. Thanks for sharing with us. I couldn't hear the video properly and the only part I was getting was that he was trying to shush everyone so you could be heard singing solo. Such a great moment!

I'm so happy you apreciate it, guys :huglove:

Here is the translation of the vid :

- "Ladies and Gentleman, you’re listening to Deborah’s voice… For her first time on stage

Here is Deborah’voice… The voice that you’re gonna listen for the rest of your life !"

(Then, I’ll translate the second vid, from my friend Lisa, because we can hear Mika better : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zIS2O2lYms&feature=plcp )

- "There won’t be orchestra anymore, no theatre play… but are you singing or what ?!...

For the rest of your life, there will be Deborah in the theatre… But tonight, you have the choice ! You can free Deborah" […] (I don’t understand what he said, even the vid ! He mentioned “Max” I think…”)

- Me : "What ?!"

- Mika : "No, go on ! You sing, sing, sing !

So listen to me very well, when I count until 3, you have the choice… We want to see everybody here tonight starting dancing, jumping. When we count until three… The hands in the air…"

(Then at 2.45 : switch back on my vid ! For the end

)

- Mika :" Are you ready the “Cité” (Name of the venue) ? Whether you’ll have the voice of Deborah for ever or you can sing and dance… Are you ready Nantes ?? 1…..2…..1, 2, 1, 2, 3, 4… "

Deb do you have any idea why he did this? Why did he want to pull up the girl beside you instead of just doing the usual routine with Max?

Honestly I don't know :dunno::naughty:

I think he was in a good mood, he had fun with the audience, it was his last show of this part of the tour... At the end, he made the fans do a stage invasion, so he was very in a good mood.

Maybe he just wanted to tease this poor lady :naughty: Before in the show, he told her she wasn't singing at all, and made her sit in the front of the stage, but she was very uncomfortable and stayed 1 minute then get back to her seat. I think he wanted to tease her again when he asked her on Love Today, and as she didn't want to go on stage, he made me do it. Maybe because he saw that I was having fun, dancing and singing ! But just after the lady said no, he looked at me with a strange face, so I said "ok, I can do it" and he took me on stage...

In my opinion, he wanted first to "test" me, that's why he made me doing some singing exercises before. Maybe when he saw that I entered his game and I was having fun, he wanted to keep going on and made me doing Max's part because that made him laughing a lot ! :naughty:

Maybe when he wanted the lady to come on stage initially, he didn't planned to make her doing Max's part :dunno:

To be honest, I'm wondering why he did that too ! :teehee:

Moreover, before the Love Today thing, he made something weird, that I didn't understand neither ! :naughty: At the beginning of Popular, he stretched his arms, and made me a sign, so I did the same, and he grabbed my arms :dunno: But I don't know what he wanted me to do : going on stage, or whatsoever... I was very confused !

Here is the vid :

Moreover, before the Love Today thing, he made something weird, that I didn't understand neither ! :naughty: At the beginning of Popular, he stretched his arms, and made me a sign, so I did the same, and he grabbed my arms :dunno: But I don't know what he wanted me to do : going on stage, or whatsoever... I was very confused !

Here is the vid :

It seems to me that he wanted you to go on stage :naughty:

That is really sweet and heartwarming:wub2:

So glad to hear that he enjoyed being there despite the fact that he was ill!!

Thank you for the lovely report Deb and bravo once again for your appearance on stage:thumb_yello:

Deb do you have any idea why he did this? Why did he want to pull up the girl beside you instead of just doing the usual routine with Max?

Christine, here is a vid of the whole Love Today, and from 4.35, you can see Mika making signs to the lady so she comes on stage with him, and as she naid no, made a sign to me... and grabbed my hand. Maybe it's more understanding with the vid :wink2:

And the lady, you can see her on this vid, from 0.30 when he made her sitting on the stage during Karen :

I might fill the atmosphere with my report of the concert, sorry in advance.

I decided to make this concert a week before it is held. I bought one of the last place, my train tickets, find a hotel room to share and send my video at 8:30 the evening of the closing of Mika Choir. On Thursday evening I get an email from the team Mika telling me that I am part of the Choir of Nantes. I was so happy because it was my dream since the beginning I’m a Mika fan to sing on stage with him. :wub2:

Monday of the concert I took the train to Nantes with a friend in less than two hours we arrive at Nantes. We went to our hotel to drop our things and prepare our self. We left the hotel with Magali who is in the choir and her boyfriend. We were presented at the artists' entrance, we waited inside. Other members of the choir arrived, but there was a lack of singers, so Sylvie and Manu have stayed with us and be part of the choir. A nice French lady was occupied of us, accompanied us to our dressing room, give us the pass and contracts. This is the only person who was kind and polite to us during this experience. We waited a long time, we talked, took pictures of the group. Curtis and Max finally come into our dressing room to rehearse the songs. They put us in range of voices. After 10 minutes, Tim finally arrives, and Joy. Rehearsals are 15 minutes duration, there was no indication of choreography or another. Tim told us to wait in our dressing room because they were doing the sound check. Later they picked us up on stage to rehearse, we repeated "Popular" and Tim asks us if we want to make one more, we respond "Origin of Love". From that moment we had more feeling to disturb the team Mika. :blink:

Tim told us to wait in the dressing room, he returned to tell us if we repeat with Mika on stage or not, I knew anyway that would be negative given the state of health of Mika, although was better. Meanwhile Tim we tried to find the choreography for the songs. Manu found a great choreography for "Karen", not for children. Tim came and told us we could go to dinner and come back before 8:30 pm. We made an appointment at 8:00 pm in our dressing room. When we came back we waited a long time in our dressing room. A member of the team Mika brought us two false set list. We continue to wait in our dressing room, we felt the aroma costumes that came out from the dryer, but no one came to get us. We hear the introduction of the concert, there is panic, we go into the wardrobe to ask for our costumes, Mama P was there and told someone we were volunteers. She gives us our costumes we descend to the scene, so we missed the beginning of the concert. When we arrived near the scene we meet Thomas who looked at us with an air of "Oh S*** !". I thought, yes we are there, you forgot something. :doh:

The first song for the choir was "popular", it went well, but we noticed that we sing above already recorded voices. Between each song we watched the concert from behind the curtains. The second song was Big Girl, Mika approached the choir, then me, he leaned his head on me, I had hair on my cheek, I laughed because it tickled me. I can say his hair is very soft :blush-anim-cl: . Mika has not played with the choir during the concert. During the intro to "Origin of Love", I was laughing to sign Leila and Ninie inflate their balloons :naughty: . During the concert Mika said that managers were s***, he would come back before a long time because he’ll return in studio to write music. Everything Mika said sounded like a goodbye, it was really sad :tears: . In the last two songs there was a stage invasion, it was nice except that people did not pay attention to the choir and microphones, I sang along to keep away people, we do not see Tim because of the crowd as we sang on parts where we did not sing :sneaky2: At the end of the concert Mika beckons people to get off the stage, but they did not, Mika made a sign with his hand and went backstage. Neither we nor the musicians were able to make final salute with Mika because of the people on stage. Ninie gave me a hug and we left the scene with sadness :sad: . Passing next to Mika, he told us that we were good, Mama P who attended only the end of the concert we were told that we were the best, we are not naive to believe that :naughty: . We stayed backstage for some members of the choir discussing with Sophie, after a few minutes Mama P comes and tells us in a way so unkind to leave, she said in French “dégagez!” :boxed: . So we took the elevator tidy ourselves our costumes for not no longer disturb the team Mika by our presence. We do not understand what we are worth being treated as less than nothing, while we were all polite with all, we were wise and did everything we were asked to do. I was Big Girl Lollipop Girl and even overwhelmed and tired team Mika has always been nice and polite with us. If they did not want choir that evening they had to tell us from the start, we would attend the concert in the hall and would have expected Mika outside with other fans.

We took our belongings and waited in the hallway. Felix was a parade in underwear. Sophie went to offer to musicians a bottle of whiskey that they are eager to drink. She also gave a bottle to Thomas. We asked to the musicians if they wanted to take a picture with us, but they accepted no more than a minute. After a long time Thomas deign speak to us telling us that Mika should eat and that he (Thomas) is coming back later. We are moving a bit in the hallway. Doors open several times, we see that people entering and exiting of Mika’s dressing room for photos and autographs. We waited quietly, Thomas returns asks if we have things to do sign by Mika, we give CD, photos and posters. We are still waiting. After a while Thomas picked us up, we were told to hurry to give our cameras and put us against the wall for the photo. Then we are told to take our stuff and go, I had 5 seconds to give chocolates to Mika, he gave me a smile and said thank you very much that's nice. We had less than 2 minutes with Mika photo included.Some fans trying to exchange a few words with Mika but we were at the limit to be pushed into the lift by the team of Mika because we still have two more seconds it was apparently a problem.

:shocked::boxed::crybaby:

Oh, Eva, sorry to read you didn't have the great time you expected... That seams so unusual from Team Mika and his mother, yeah, maybe they were very tired and rushed as Mika was ill :dunno:

But Mika seemed nice, as aslways :wub2:

At the end of the concert Mika beckons people to get off the stage, but they did not, Mika made a sign with his hand and went backstage. Neither we nor the musicians were able to make final salute with Mika because of the people on stage.

Yeah, I was shocked too... I think Mika wanted the people come during Lollipop but wanted to end with We are golden alone... But as there were too many people, the musicians couldn't see Mika and started We are golden directly after Lollipop, so people didn't have the time to get off the stage...

I was sad he didn't salute with the musicians and the choir, and felt he wanted to leave the stage very quickly... So bad

I feel sorry for you it was not such a good experience. I've heard it before from other people but in favour of Team Mika and Mika's family. I would like to tell you this: Mika was ill at that moment, the band was probably very stressed out and Mrs. Penniman was worried about everything, I have met her in person once at Compiègne when she was leaving and she seems to be a very nice person. It is not very easy to be always happy and cheerful all the time certainly when you are under so much pressure to perform in so many countries with so many different people in so little time. :wink2: In short: I hope you stay a fan of Mika maybe everyone was having a bit of a bad day. Thanks for a honest review. I hope you will have a better expierience next time :huglove:

I feel sorry for you it was not such a good experience. I've heard it before from other people but in favour of Team Mika and Mika's family. I would like to tell you this: Mika was ill at that moment, the band was probably very stressed out and Mrs. Penniman was worried about everything, I have met her in person once at Compiègne when she was leaving and she seems to be a very nice person. It is not very easy to be always happy and cheerful all the time certainly when you are under so much pressure to perform in so many countries with so many different people in so little time. :wink2: In short: I hope you stay a fan of Mika maybe everyone was having a bit of a bad day. Thanks for a honest review. I hope you will have a better expierience next time :huglove:

I was Big Girl in London at Hammersmith Apolo the second night, all Mika Team was in a rush and stressed because the night before things go wrong during the show, but all members of Mika Team even Mama P were polite with us.

I was Lollipop Girl in Strasbourg, it was a big stage not like in UK but even if there was stress for the team and fatigue, they remained polite. It was nice because even when we all waiting backstage we could hear Mika sing and members of the team was dancing :wub2:

This is really unusual that Mama P talking like that to the fans, I was really shocked.

I decided to make this concert a week before it is held. I bought one of the last place, my train tickets, find a hotel room to share and send my video at 8:30 the evening of the closing of Mika Choir. On Thursday evening I get an email from the team Mika telling me that I am part of the Choir of Nantes. I was so happy because it was my dream since the beginning I’m a Mika fan to sing on stage with him. :wub2:

Monday of the concert I took the train to Nantes with a friend in less than two hours we arrive at Nantes. We went to our hotel to drop our things and prepare our self. We left the hotel with Magali who is in the choir and her boyfriend. We were presented at the artists' entrance, we waited inside. Other members of the choir arrived, but there was a lack of singers, so Sylvie and Manu have stayed with us and be part of the choir. A nice French lady was occupied of us, accompanied us to our dressing room, give us the pass and contracts. This is the only person who was kind and polite to us during this experience. We waited a long time, we talked, took pictures of the group. Curtis and Max finally come into our dressing room to rehearse the songs. They put us in range of voices. After 10 minutes, Tim finally arrives, and Joy. Rehearsals are 15 minutes duration, there was no indication of choreography or another. Tim told us to wait in our dressing room because they were doing the sound check. Later they picked us up on stage to rehearse, we repeated "Popular" and Tim asks us if we want to make one more, we respond "Origin of Love". From that moment we had more feeling to disturb the team Mika. :blink:

Tim told us to wait in the dressing room, he returned to tell us if we repeat with Mika on stage or not, I knew anyway that would be negative given the state of health of Mika, although was better. Meanwhile Tim we tried to find the choreography for the songs. Manu found a great choreography for "Karen", not for children. Tim came and told us we could go to dinner and come back before 8:30 pm. We made an appointment at 8:00 pm in our dressing room. When we came back we waited a long time in our dressing room. A member of the team Mika brought us two false set list. We continue to wait in our dressing room, we felt the aroma costumes that came out from the dryer, but no one came to get us. We hear the introduction of the concert, there is panic, we go into the wardrobe to ask for our costumes, Mama P was there and told someone we were volunteers. She gives us our costumes we descend to the scene, so we missed the beginning of the concert. When we arrived near the scene we meet Thomas who looked at us with an air of "Oh S*** !". I thought, yes we are there, you forgot something. :doh:

The first song for the choir was "popular", it went well, but we noticed that we sing above already recorded voices. Between each song we watched the concert from behind the curtains. The second song was Big Girl, Mika approached the choir, then me, he leaned his head on me, I had hair on my cheek, I laughed because it tickled me. I can say his hair is very soft :blush-anim-cl: . Mika has not played with the choir during the concert. During the intro to "Origin of Love", I was laughing to sign Leila and Ninie inflate their balloons :naughty: . During the concert Mika said that managers were s***, he would come back before a long time because he’ll return in studio to write music. Everything Mika said sounded like a goodbye, it was really sad :tears: . In the last two songs there was a stage invasion, it was nice except that people did not pay attention to the choir and microphones, I sang along to keep away people, we do not see Tim because of the crowd as we sang on parts where we did not sing :sneaky2: At the end of the concert Mika beckons people to get off the stage, but they did not, Mika made a sign with his hand and went backstage. Neither we nor the musicians were able to make final salute with Mika because of the people on stage. Ninie gave me a hug and we left the scene with sadness :sad: . Passing next to Mika, he told us that we were good, Mama P who attended only the end of the concert we were told that we were the best, we are not naive to believe that :naughty: . We stayed backstage for some members of the choir discussing with Sophie, after a few minutes Mama P comes and tells us in a way so unkind to leave, she said in French “dégagez!” :boxed: . So we took the elevator tidy ourselves our costumes for not no longer disturb the team Mika by our presence. We do not understand what we are worth being treated as less than nothing, while we were all polite with all, we were wise and did everything we were asked to do. I was Big Girl Lollipop Girl and even overwhelmed and tired team Mika has always been nice and polite with us. If they did not want choir that evening they had to tell us from the start, we would attend the concert in the hall and would have expected Mika outside with other fans.

We took our belongings and waited in the hallway. Felix was a parade in underwear. Sophie went to offer to musicians a bottle of whiskey that they are eager to drink. She also gave a bottle to Thomas. We asked to the musicians if they wanted to take a picture with us, but they accepted no more than a minute. After a long time Thomas deign speak to us telling us that Mika should eat and that he (Thomas) is coming back later. We are moving a bit in the hallway. Doors open several times, we see that people entering and exiting of Mika’s dressing room for photos and autographs. We waited quietly, Thomas returns asks if we have things to do sign by Mika, we give CD, photos and posters. We are still waiting. After a while Thomas picked us up, we were told to hurry to give our cameras and put us against the wall for the photo. Then we are told to take our stuff and go, I had 5 seconds to give chocolates to Mika, he gave me a smile and said thank you very much that's nice. We had less than 2 minutes with Mika photo included.Some fans trying to exchange a few words with Mika but we were at the limit to be pushed into the lift by the team of Mika because we still have two more seconds it was apparently a problem.

:shocked::boxed::crybaby:

aww , I'm sure it was just a bad day and keep the positive memory of it Eva, Mika ticked you with his hair :wub2::swoon: I would have loved to be there and be tickled by his hair and have him say a word to me :wub2:

He was sick and the whole team including his mum was probably worried and stressed about if he'd be able to sing at all. That is such a pressure! Bad days happen to us all so I hope you keep loving Mika even if you didn't have the great experience you were hoping for and that next time for you will be a perfect one :hug: I'll keep in memory that not all the choir members showed up and hopefully I'll be able to jump right in some other time. My husband makes it so complicated for me to go to Mika gigs that I could only attend two of them so far even though I've been a die hard fan since the very begining :sneaky2:

Edited by crazyaboutmika

I'm sorry to hear you had just a bad experience :huglove: It really sounds as if everything was going wrong, especially in the organisation. Were some members of Mika's team ill as well? That would explain why it was such a mess... it really doesn't make sense that they didn't even tell the choir when to be there :shocked:

About Mrs. P: I don't know about the tone in her voice when she said dégagez, obviously, since I wasn't there, but I could imagine that she didn't mean it as bad as the word apparently is. French is not her first language and I know from myself that when I'm tired or stressed (or worse: both) nuances tend to disappear even in my own language, let alone in English or some other language that's not my native tongue.

But whatever the reason, they should have taken better care of the choir, that's clear. I hope that in the long run the experience will not be all negative for you :huglove:

I'm sorry to hear you had just a bad experience :huglove: It really sounds as if everything was going wrong, especially in the organisation. Were some members of Mika's team ill as well? That would explain why it was such a mess... it really doesn't make sense that they didn't even tell the choir when to be there :shocked:

About Mrs. P: I don't know about the tone in her voice when she said dégagez, obviously, since I wasn't there, but I could imagine that she didn't mean it as bad as the word apparently is. French is not her first language and I know from myself that when I'm tired or stressed (or worse: both) nuances tend to disappear even in my own language, let alone in English or some other language that's not my native tongue.

But whatever the reason, they should have taken better care of the choir, that's clear. I hope that in the long run the experience will not be all negative for you :huglove:

Joanni told us "dégagez!" in a very rude way :boxed:

I'm sorry for you but I can understand mama P very well. She's been dealing with fans at every gig and she was always nice and welcoming...I mean, for years!

She's not young and she can be tired at times, cannot she?

I think that even if something like this happens, I would think it twice before posting it on a public forum, I would try to understand the situation and probably shut up about this.

Are you always nice and polite at stressing times? Even if she fails once, I would never tell anybody, considering all she has seen and witnessed by fans through the years...and we know some fans can be a pain in the ass for real.

I would be rude very often if I were in her shoes :naughty:

I'm sorry for you but I can understand mama P very well. She's been dealing with fans at every gig and she was always nice and welcoming...I mean, for years!

She's not young and she can be tired at times, cannot she?

I think that even if something like this happens, I would think it twice before posting it on a public forum, I would try to understand the situation and probably shut up about this.

Are you always nice and polite at stressing times? Even if she fails once, I would never tell anybody, considering all she has seen and witnessed by fans through the years...and we know some fans can be a pain in the ass for real.

I would be rude very often if I were in her shoes :naughty:

You have a point, Robertina, but I also think it's Sephira's right to post something negative like this. It's like reviewers from magazines who either like or dislike his albums for whatever reason (in order to be able to explain the reason, of course, which she did very well.) This all sounds so unbelievably chaotic it needs to be told as well. People who are planning on getting into the choir think they are in for an unforgettable experience, and then they get chaos, they are forgotten and bitched at. It just needs to be told. I'm only wondering, since Mika seems to be getting **** on Twitter about this gig, and apparently previous ones too, if it's worth mentioning? (Not that he would mind, he doesn't read his mentions anyway. But I believe his team does.)

And yes, touring is a very stressful thing to do, especially with the flu, underwear being thrown on stage and fans licking ears and stuff, but that's the price of being a pop star... I'm wondering would he rather go back to being a background singer/pianist at receptions, where near to no-one listened to him singing? If a fan gets negative response from him for throwing underwear on stage or licking his ear, why wouldn't we be allowed to give negative response to a horrible experience? If no-one mentions it, no-one will know about it. And I believe stuff like this needs to be told about as well.

then maybe you can tell her/him in her/his face, and answer back to rudeness?

When you deal with Mika you deal with primordial chaos, and it wil never change.

I don't justify rudeness, I only see no point in mentioning one failure over years of kindness, when you've got so much in reward, even in terms of being on stage.

Sorry to hear you had a bad experience, Eva, I know how much you looked forward to being in the choir :huglove: I understand that you are upset and it wasn't all as you expected, but you can be sure it was nothing to do with you or anyone else in the choir, it was just a very stressful situation to the whole Team Mika, him being really ill, the tour schedules too tight etc. I hope you can later remember mostly the good things/being on stage with him (something very special indeed).

I don't mind people sharing experiences like this. It doesn't make me think any less of Mrs Penniman, I have a huge respect for her. Seriously, she raised that man :wub2: I have seen her (and the whole team) so many times I know this is not their usual behavior, she is usually extremely patient and kind with everyone (and it can't be easy, people are sometimes so tiring :aah:). Must be very worrying for her to watch her son working so hard and not having a possibility to rest when he is ill, and a part of the team was probably ill as well. And this is just a wild guess, but when things are not well for Mika and he is in a stressful situation he probably lets his mother to see and hear it :wink2: You know, that's what mothers are for. And saying that with all respect and love, I just happen to have three sons at home... :teehee:

I hope they can all have a bit rest before London. I know he can do good shows and performances even he is ill but he needs some rest to get properly well.

Edited by tiibet
so many spelling errors as usual