Boston, MA, USA - Royale - April 13, 2013 -- REPORTS / PICTURES / VIDEOS

dcdeb

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

CONCERT WAS AMAZING!!!! I am still recovering from it!! I have never seen he look so relaxed and talkative. He was enjoying himself onstage as much as everyone else!

Pics, vids and more comments coming soon!! :aah:

Can you believe that after all I managed to LOSE MY CAMERA somewhere between my flight back home and my car???:crybaby::crybaby::crybaby::crybaby:

No luck so far after asking everyone from Delta to the airport parking, still holding on the faint hope it may show up... so many nice pics and vids

I'll make a report later :( after I relax from losing my nice camera and my much nicer mementos from Saturday's shows.

CONCERT WAS AMAZING!!!! I am still recovering from it!! I have never seen he look so relaxed and talkative. He was enjoying himself onstage as much as everyone else!

Pics, vids and more comments coming soon!! :aah:

Aha! There you are! I was asking after you in the NY threads, thinking you surely wouldn't miss the tour altogether! :original:

Can you believe that after all I managed to LOSE MY CAMERA somewhere between my flight back home and my car???:crybaby::crybaby::crybaby::crybaby:

No luck so far after asking everyone from Delta to the airport parking, still holding on the faint hope it may show up... so many nice pics and vids

I'll make a report later :( after I relax from losing my nice camera and my much nicer mementos from Saturday's shows.

:tears: What a shame! I hope the camera turns up! How heartbreaking.

Do you remember which songs he did?

Ah let's see... these will not be in order I can guarantee that haha:

Grace Kelly

Love Today

Relax

My Interpretation (just a part of it)

Blame It on the Girls

Big Girl

Billy Brown

Elle Me Dit / Emily

Underwater

Celebrate

We Are Golden

Stuck in the Middle (aka: the tap dance song --some other story I never knew)

Blue Eyes

Toy Boy

Happy Ending

Love You When I'm Drunk

Popular Song

Over My Shoulder

I think that's it? Feel free to correct me, anyone. No chance of an encore because of the time limit.

Thanks so much for your report. My body could not have withstood another gig but it's so hard to say goodbye to this tour. I'm glad so many got to experience it and I'm sure we'll look back on it as one of the highlights of Mika's career for years to come.

Oh yes definitely. It was such a different show from the last time he was in Boston. Much less showy and this time I really felt like he was *real* y'know? Also, finally meeting him made it quite tangible haha.

Thank you for your reports :wink2::thumb_yello:

So what´s the story about hearing Relax in public for the first time, please?

Let's see how good my memory is and see how it withstanded after being in a Mika daze for a while haha:

So he said he wrote "Relax" around the time of the London tube bombings. So he was in a weird place when he wrote the song-- that's what it's about; a message telling everyone to relax and everything. So he went to a club in the East End of London with some friends and they're waiting outside the door because the giant bouncer won't let them in. Then, from inside the club, he hears "Relax" playing. And he just thinks to himself: "f#ck. This is it." His song is good enough to get into this club but he isn't. :aah: But then he says well at least it means they paid for my song (since this was before downloading music was a big deal and this was only out in 7" at the time). So he was just mulling over the strange journey a song can take: from such a strange dark place to a club in the East End of London that he can't even get into haha.

Also: I hope any Bostonians in here are safe today. I was outside the city for the day and I count myself lucky for that, but I hope you and your loved ones are doing okay! :thumb_yello:

I was thinking just the same. I left Boston last night and it's such an horrific shame what happened. Hope every Boston MFCer is alright and sending best wishes to the vitcims :(

Aha! There you are! I was asking after you in the NY threads, thinking you surely wouldn't miss the tour altogether! :original:

Hi, Deb

Here am I!! Yes, I moved away from New York since the 2009 tour, now I am way, way down in South America (now Chile and from August on back to my Brazil). So I ended up missing last year's fall tour but fortunately managed to be in Boston for the last intimate show (I still have so many fond memories of Le Poisson Rouge 2009!!)

:tears: What a shame! I hope the camera turns up! How heartbreaking.

Yes, :'( thankfully the lovely memories of the Boston show will not be as easy to lose!! I still hope the camera miraculously shows up...

Actually this is the first time I am actually happy I wasnt able to take a pic with Mika after the show. If I had got it and the lost the camera afterwards I probably would have gone crazy by now... (focusing on the silver lining in a it could have been so much worse kind of way... :/) At least the autographed Origin of Love came back safe and sound :D

Hi, Deb

Here am I!! Yes, I moved away from New York since the 2009 tour, now I am way, way down in South America (now Chile and from August on back to my Brazil). So I ended up missing last year's fall tour but fortunately managed to be in Boston for the last intimate show (I still have so many fond memories of Le Poisson Rouge 2009!!)

Yes, :'( thankfully the lovely memories of the Boston show will not be as easy to lose!! I still hope the camera miraculously shows up...

Actually this is the first time I am actually happy I wasnt able to take a pic with Mika after the show. If I had got it and the lost the camera afterwards I probably would have gone crazy by now... (focusing on the silver lining in a it could have been so much worse kind of way... :/) At least the autographed Origin of Love came back safe and sound :D

Yes, I sort of remembered that you had moved, but couldn't remember where exactly, and wasn't sure if you had possibly moved back by now... still, glad that you got to see one of these amazing shows! :thumb_yello:

And I suppose you're right -- that it would have been worse to lose such a precious photo! I'll keep my fingers crossed that the camera turns up. My husband left his Kindle on our flight back from Iceland a few months ago -- left it in the seat back pocket -- but it eventually found its way back to him, so it could happen for you, too! :crossed:

I videoed the end of Happy Ending - the lighting isn't so good but I think the sound is perfect :swoon:

The show was fabulous, my first time seeing Mika - I hope not my last - everyone captured my feelings - I have so many it was perfect :mikalove:

[YOUTUBE]bMYkDLGIhYY[/YOUTUBE]

He's wonderful.

Some people in the audience need to be kicked out of the venue though :sneaky2:

Let's see how good my memory is and see how it withstanded after being in a Mika daze for a while haha:

So he said he wrote "Relax" around the time of the London tube bombings. So he was in a weird place when he wrote the song-- that's what it's about; a message telling everyone to relax and everything. So he went to a club in the East End of London with some friends and they're waiting outside the door because the giant bouncer won't let them in. Then, from inside the club, he hears "Relax" playing. And he just thinks to himself: "f#ck. This is it." His song is good enough to get into this club but he isn't. :aah: But then he says well at least it means they paid for my song (since this was before downloading music was a big deal and this was only out in 7" at the time). So he was just mulling over the strange journey a song can take: from such a strange dark place to a club in the East End of London that he can't even get into haha.

oh thank you for this relating this little story!!:thumb_yello:

i never get tired of relax stories, i think i can listen to mika recite stats about the song and i'll still find it exciting :aah:

Thanks everyone for ur pics and reports:huglove:

as the last gig of the tour this one was bittersweet to read about :wub2:

Bostonians!

It's the very last date on the 2013 North American Tour :(

Let us hear all about it!

BHx_yiZCYAA203h.jpg:large

=====================

REPORTS

=====================

rubberduckiiz12

superstar

=====================

PICS

=====================

=====================

VIDEOS

=====================

HOW COME I DIDNT NOTICE IT BEFORE??? Here I am making a video of some of MIKA's songs.:blush-anim-cl:

Thanks for posting it!!! Such a nice memento!! :clap::clap: It feels at least little less bad about my lost camera now.

He's wonderful.

Some people in the audience need to be kicked out of the venue though :sneaky2:

I couldnt agree more. ¬¬ I had the feeling that if those pple hadn't kept on chitchating while he finished Happy Ending without a mic he could have sung a couple of more songs accapella as he did in D.C.

HOW COME I DIDNT NOTICE IT BEFORE??? Here I am making a video of some of MIKA's songs.:blush-anim-cl:

Thanks for posting it!!! Such a nice memento!! :clap::clap: It feels at least little less bad about my lost camera now.

Oh yes! I see you now! Didn't even notice before! :wub2:

Dear Fellow MFC'ers,

I'm enclosing a link to a video I made honoring the people of Boston

(my home town!) set to Mika's amazing song Kick Ass (We Are Young)...

Big Love from Boston!

c6e5000d-982c-4017-9d61-6ccdb82122b9_zps9debc973.jpg

Edited by omdeliom
typo