superstar

77red

[/url]followthesound

=====================

PICS

=====================

77red

jknox1734

Professional pics: http://photos.theywillrockyou.com/2013ConcertGalleries/Mika-April-13-2013-Royale/28925976_9QCmts#!i=2458417028&k=GX4KRmQ

=====================

VIDEOS

=====================

devon314:

Edited by mari62
adding links - post 43

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

(I posted most of this on the gig thread because I didn't know this was open yet. But I'll add some more so I'm not just reposting.)

That was phenomenal! Having to wait 4 years to see him was torture but soooo worth it for tonight.

Highlights (for me):

- The opening DJ set was hilarious. It was a parody of club music / culture and I don't think everyone got that but it was perfect.

- Elle Me Dit / Emily: Learning that French paid off! He sang two verses in English and two in French and I was totally not expecting that but I'm so happy it happened.

- Ending with Over My Shoulder was totally unexpected to me.

- Throwing the setlist out the window and taking requests from the audience was a real treat and a great way to end the tour.

- I had never heard the story of his first time hearing "Relax" in public so that was cool.

- And now my throat hurts but I'm still full of energy. The show ended early because the venue is a nightclub and now I don't know what to do with myself, but oh well.

There was no fence barrier between the pit and the stage, which made me farther back than I realized in the crowd. Here's what I could get:

http://i.imgur.com/1BEElax.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/MDUo7PW.jpg

And here's a pic from the end of the show:

http://instagram.com/p/YES8pKrvMK/

Aaaaaand here are all my dreams coming true:

http://instagram.com/p/YEgwknrvDn/

- I saw his mum but didn't get to see his sisters. I'm not sure how long people were outside waiting after the gig, but it might have been a while -- he was having quite a family reunion backstage with relatives from Boston.

- It was nice being at a general admission gig, but kind of the reverse of the type of show it would be suited for. The show really did feel intimate despite it selling out, but that meant there wasn't much jumping around.

- He really played around with the formats of each song, extending the choruses and singing verses out of order (that's just a typical mika-ism I feel though haha). And he complimented us on how in tune we were haha. Brava!

- Also Max and Curtis deserve a whole separate round of applause for their performance. He literally called Curtis over to play Blame it on the Girls (I believe) because he forgot how :naughty: haha. They did a great job of keeping up with him and having fun.

He was very tired after the show, but when I told him I was part of the MFC his face lit up and it was all just wonderful. Thank you Mika!

Edited by rubberduckiiz2

BHx_yiZCYAA203h.jpg:large

Oh what a brilliant pic! Looks like Indy is singing her heart out.

- The opening DJ set was hilarious. It was a parody of club music / culture and I don't think everyone got that but it was perfect.

Ha not sure if I thought of it that way but I definitely treated it like it was a parody so yes I suppose you are right!

Throwing the setlist out the window and taking requests from the audience was a real treat and a great way to end the tour.

Do you remember which songs he did?

aw that is lovely. You must be over the moon! :wub2:

He was very tired after the show, but when I told him I was part of the MFC his face lit up and it was all just wonderful. Thank you Mika!

:fangurl:

Thanks so much for your report. My body could not have withstood another gig but it's so hard to say goodbye to this tour. I'm glad so many got to experience it and I'm sure we'll look back on it as one of the highlights of Mika's career for years to come.

BOSTON! How bittersweet--the last show on the tour, and probably the last time I'll see Mika for a long time, but what a ride it has been!

Indy and I arrived in Boston in the morning and had dim sum in Chinatown before meandering to the venue around noon. The place itself didn't even really look like a concert area, which was aided by the fact that there was pretty much no one around. Luckily next to a Marriott with a nice bathroom! Queuing was a little chilly but pretty uneventful UNTIL they started lining everyone up. Wat a disaster! They funnelled us into a crowded area, then checked tickets from there--basically, it was really frustrating to be 3rd in line and not get in 3rd :dunno: but, something to know about this venue in the future for sure!

The wonders of a stage with no barriers! Indy and I got a great spot behind the piano. The show actually started early (???HOW???) and Mika came on around 7:30! The DJ set was uneventful--read, the exact same as every other night :naughty: but with more hype horn--but the crowd wasn't as responsive as last night.

Indy summed this up well on the train ride back home: the Brooklyn show's crowd was much better, but Mika himself was better tonight. Which, at first, I couldn't tell! He came on and played Grace Kelly, Toyboy, Lollipop and Blue Eyes with pretty much no conversation in between. However, he started to get into it, which I suspect had to do with it being the last show of the tour.

On "Lola" he complimented the Boston audience for being very on-key, unlike the Philly audience who just "sang really loud without caring what they sounded like," or in LA where "they just sang whatever they wanted, even if it was someone else's song, as long as they kept dancing!" :naughty:

About halfway through he admitted that he had completely ****ed up the setlist and asked the crowd what we wanted to hear. Everyone was screaming and by some miracle he thought it would be OK to do "My Interpretation" :aah: He sat down, played it, got most of the notes and lyrics wrong in the first verse. By the time he had managed to get through the chorus he very smoothly segued into Relax--hahaha!

But he routinely asked for suggestions throughout the night. He had Curtis come over and accompany him on Blame It on the Girls (!!). You actually have to see picture of this, I think Indy's got a hilarious one, the position that Curtis had to stand in to play around Mika was hysterical. It was actually a lot of fun to watch Max and Curtis have to work really hard to keep up with unrehearsed songs. Right before the penultimate song, he asked again and decided to do WAG!!!!!!! YES HE PLAYED WE ARE GOLDEN ON THE ACOUSTIC TOUR!!!!! Ok, ok.

Also, though the audience wasn't as good as last night's, he sang without mic at the end of Happy Ending :wub2: Honestly, honestly. The direction in which he took the "little bit of love" part to end the song was a gorgeous departure from the typical melody. I'm sure someone's got it on camera.

So there was less dancing (and fewer quiet people when there needed to be) than last night, but Mika chatted and chatted. He mentioned dedicating Drunk to his gramma last night, mentioned appreciating the variety in the States (from the herbal tea drinkers to the herb smokers), and thanked us for sticking with him even when he made mistakes.

It was a really wonderful show :wub2:

Afterwards we wandered around to the back door. Mika and Tim came after about 30 (?) minutes and even though there was a huge crowd it went over really well. The fans were surprisingly calm and respectful, probably because of how Mika didn't seem to want to rush through everyone. He signed my tragic 2009 picture with him, and I made sure to thank him for sharing these shows with us. He said that he had loved my outfit last night, ahhh :swoon:

Ok, I'm so exhausted. But what a trip this week has been. Thank you, Mika, THANK YOU!

Even though you took my sharpie :mf_rosetinted:

Even though you might have been reading off the Relax lyrics again :mf_rosetinted:

Kira! Thanks for such a great report! And thank Indy for filling me in via text! I was DYING to be there, so that really helped. :)

YES HE PLAYED WE ARE GOLDEN ON THE ACOUSTIC TOUR!!!!! Ok, ok.

Aww, that's great! I missed hearing it this week.

Afterwards we wandered around to the back door. Mika and Tim came after about 30 (?) minutes and even though there was a huge crowd it went over really well. The fans were surprisingly calm and respectful, probably because of how Mika didn't seem to want to rush through everyone. He signed my tragic 2009 picture with him, and I made sure to thank him for sharing these shows with us. He said that he had loved my outfit last night, ahhh :swoon:

Ok, I'm so exhausted. But what a trip this week has been. Thank you, Mika, THANK YOU!

Even though you took my sharpie :mf_rosetinted:

Even though you might have been reading off the Relax lyrics again :mf_rosetinted:

Yes, I think I've had a sharpie or two swiped as well. :wink2:

So glad he commented on your outfit, which was awesome. And very very happy you had a few words with him. So sweet! :wub2:

:wub2:

That is just fantastic!

That's very nice to hear. Yes, I do think he loves us! Thanks so much for your report. So glad to hear you had such a great night! :huglove:

I haven't posted much during this whole NA tour but I would like to use this last gig of the tour thread to thank everybody who has contributed to all the other report threads! :flowers2:

I haven't checked many videos yet; but all the reports and pics I've seen were incredible! Of course a lot of people who couldn't experience this tour have been a bit sad lately but I'm also happy for all those who could, and who reported about it here.

Now I'm going to take time to watch all these vids, I think it will be the best way to spend this Sunday evening :wub2:

I haven't posted much during this whole NA tour but I would like to use this last gig of the tour thread to thank everybody who has contributed to all the other report threads! :flowers2:

I haven't checked many videos yet; but all the reports and pics I've seen were incredible! Of course a lot of people who couldn't experience this tour have been a bit sad lately but I'm also happy for all those who could, and who reported about it here.

Now I'm going to take time to watch all these vids, I think it will be the best way to spend this Sunday evening :wub2:

I only was sad until the first videos came in. Since them I was really satisfied and I didn´t feel left out anymore. I´m really grateful to everyone who filmed and showed us the videos.

It was such a great tour and we fans can be so so proud of our wonderful popartist!

What an amazing showwwwwww. Some of my friends from school came, and when we got back, one of them explained to my roommate "I get Indy now. Like, I got her before, but now, I really get it." I think we may have some more concert addicts now. :naughty:

Anyway, this was a fantastic experience. Queuing was miles better than yesterday since it wasn't raining, and we managed to get a great spot even though it looked like it was going to be a mess when they were letting us in. The audience wasn't as into the DJ set as they were last night, but Kira and I were still jammin' now that we knew exactly what it was :bleh:. It wasn't that bad! Yeah, I was really surprised that they actually started the show early. But it was a nice surprise!

And then, Mika... Like Kira said, he was really quiet the first few songs, just going from one to the next without saying anything. I thought he was in a hurry to get the show over with or something! How wrong I was. He got really talkative and silly. As he said, "what a funny show this is turning into!" The audience absolutely ate up him taking requests: it was super fun that he actually played My Interpretation, Blame it on the Girls, and WAG!!! WAG was a lot of fun as always, really glad he played it.

The audience wasn't as quietable as last night, so he only sang the end of HE without the microphone, but this one was longer than last night, and he was really having fun with it. It sounded absolutely beautiful. I can't describe the perfection of Mika's voice without the mic, so glad I got to experience it again :wub2:. At least we were, apparently, the most on-key of any place! :biggrin2:

He described the end of the show as being like in his living room because of all his babbling, and it really did feel very genuine. Much appreciated sir.

Yeah. Once again, words fail me: I can't possibly sum up the magic that has been these past two days. It's been perfect and I am so lucky I got to take a little break from reality and live in Mika land for a while. It's such a special place.

And now, some pics:

IMG_1339.JPG

IMG_1304.JPG

IMG_1278.JPG

Love this one of M and Curtis:

IMG_1386.JPG

Thanks for the report, Indy! So happy to hear that the last night was just as good as the others! :thumb_yello: I would have loved to hear BiotG, My Interpretation and WAG this tour, too -- did he play Hia Leah for you? Or Only Lonely Man? I guess not. And the elusive Bonnie and Clyde remains a mystery. I forgot to ask him about it the other night, dagnabbit :(

I love this photo of yours:

IMG_1304.JPG

That expression of his... :wub2:

And yeah, it's nice to spend some quality time in Mikalandia, isn't it? My husband just told me I have to come back to Real Life now, and I don't wanna. He's going to have to drag me kicking and screaming! :naughty:

Edited by dcdeb

Thanks for the report, Indy! So happy to hear that the last night was just as good as the others! :thumb_yello: I would have loved to hear BiotG, My Interpretation and WAG this tour, too -- did he play Hia Leah for you? Or Only Lonely Man? I guess not. And the elusive Bonnie and Clyde remains a mystery. I forgot to ask him about it the other night, dagnabbit :(

And yeah, it's nice to spend some quality time in Mikalandia, isn't it? My husband just told me I have to come back to Real Life now, and I don't wanna. He's going to have to drag me kicking and screaming! :naughty:

i wonder if it could have been a cover of this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rIAb9ClVoZc

:dunno:

Tell your hubby that it's dangerous to force someone to come back to RL... it has to happen naturally :naughty:

Thank you so much to the reports.

I'm feeling nostalgic now :tears:

I was reliving last Saturday's show every day with the new reports pics and videos ... :wub2:

I want to know the story of the first time he heard Relax too! :teehee:

Not much more i can add that hasn't already been said but i do have yo say that he played We Are Golden and it was amazing! I think it was mentioned before but Royale really didn't have their act together so thank you to the fan who gave me an extra ticket when they didn't have my will call ticket! The Mika fan group is truly a wonderful community and I'm thankful for all of you!

post-24178-142983699677_thumb.jpg

post-24178-142983699702_thumb.jpg

Thanks for all the pics and reports everyone! Looks like another amazing gig. I swear the man just gets better and better

Not much more i can add that hasn't already been said but i do have yo say that he played We Are Golden and it was amazing! I think it was mentioned before but Royale really didn't have their act together so thank you to the fan who gave me an extra ticket when they didn't have my will call ticket! The Mika fan group is truly a wonderful community and I'm thankful for all of you!

So glad you got to go to this gig :D seriously tho, how'd they not have your will call ticket? :blink: so unprofessional!

I love this photo of yours:

IMG_1304.JPG

That expression of his... wub2:

Thank you, dear Deb, for the pics and reviews of the beautiful Mika's U.S.Tour

We are waiting eagerly for South American Tour

:fangurl::fangurl::fangurl:

Thank you so much to the reports.

I'm feeling nostalgic now :tears:

I was reliving last Saturday's show every day with the new reports pics and videos ... :wub2:

I want to know the story of the first time he heard Relax too! :teehee:

You're not alone! I feel like a junkie badly waiting for her next dose:mf_rosetinted:

i wonder if it could have been a cover of this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rIAb9ClVoZc

:dunno:

Tell your hubby that it's dangerous to force someone to come back to RL... it has to happen naturally :naughty:

RL sucks after so much bliss:fisch:

Thanks for the pics and reports!! :flowers2: This tour was so special from the beginning to the very end :wub2:

Our husbands would probably have a lot to discuss about :naughty: Mine says the problem is not the time I spend traveling to see gigs. It's the time I spend on some other planet between the shows :lmfao:

I videoed the end of Happy Ending - the lighting isn't so good but I think the sound is perfect :swoon:

The show was fabulous, my first time seeing Mika - I hope not my last - everyone captured my feelings - I have so many it was perfect :mikalove:

[YOUTUBE]bMYkDLGIhYY[/YOUTUBE]

Edited by guylainem123