2015 - Mika at Montreal Jazz Festival - 5 July - REPORTS, PICS, VIDEOS

dcdeb

and you too Catherine! It was fun hanging out waiting and chatting after the show

Did not get a chance to go to Niks unfortunately, but I was able to go to SucreSale (with many thanks to Deb and Vera....and Guylainem and Christine and all the other wonderful MFC members I met) so I will remember to go there next time I visit your beautiful city. Perfect city, perfect MFC fans, perfect venues.......I could not be any happier with the way my trip came to be :yes:

Glad you were able to make it :)

Hopefully we'll meet again soon!

AWWWW The pictures are awesome!!

Thank you Salura22

and

lastly here are my last two videos:

the ending of Happy Ending

and I took all my less than 30 second clips and made a Mika Mix of Leftovers

• Like 1

and you too Catherine! It was fun hanging out waiting and chatting after the show

Did not get a chance to go to Niks unfortunately, but I was able to go to SucreSale (with many thanks to Deb and Vera....and Guylainem and Christine and all the other wonderful MFC members I met) so I will remember to go there next time I visit your beautiful city. Perfect city, perfect MFC fans, perfect venues.......I could not be any happier with the way my trip came to be :yes:

It was very nice meeting you also... we had fun, didn't we?  :cheer:

it'sssssssssss report time!!!

After i said goodbye to my niece who had come to the concert with me the night before, i got ready & left for Montreal to meet Christine & Deb.

It was so hot in Montreal, it almost made me miss the -35c of February during OSM concerts :aah:

Christine & i walked around for a bit & headed back to meet up with Deb. From there, we headed out to the Place des arts & had supper with Vero. (sunshine931)

We slowly made our way to the venue where we met up with other MFCers. It was nice meeting Mocha for the first time.

The concert started and i could tell the public had even more energy than the night before! 

I'm pretty sure the set list was the same as the night before, minus "j'ai pas envie"

I didn't want the music to stop. I just love listening and watching him on stage. :swoon:

After the concert,  i waited for him with other fans. After about 20 min, Deb & I went backstage to give Mika the MFC yearbook. Once inside, he came out of his dressing room, talked to people he knew, and made his way to where we were standing. He greeted us with enthousiasm. He said something to the effect that he hadn't had a yearbook in a while & i told him it was because he hadn't been touring. And he said oh... yeah! He said he uses it to remember where he's been, what he's done and that he just loves to receive them. I told him that for 2015, he was good to go as he's been touring and we now have material... that's when you see him doing the "kachinga" move on the video :aah: We talked for a little bit & then we left & joined the other fans. 

I waited a little bit again because i was taking the metro with a member who wanted to see him. Deb & I stayed at the back & watched the fans interact with Mika.

I had such a nice time, i want to do it over... can we? :pray:

Here are a few pictures i took from that night:

9b44a6d8-c648-4e29-9b92-f37bfb0584d8_zps

a100e171-24a9-4985-80b5-212e7cf8cff3_zps

8e705833-53fb-4154-8fc3-a02d933cb57a_zps

344b9f81-f5c2-42a2-be1e-43d0a98158b1_zps

7e867d99-63d5-441d-ab90-d72cfcc5510d_zps

6dd32c4c-4e87-4cdb-9ab3-303e927fac49_zps

• Like 3

Went through my many, many blurry pictures and found a few more that were in focus

nz4lj7.jpg

That photo alone is worth the price of admission! Thanks, Christina! :original:

it'sssssssssss report time!!!

After i said goodbye to my niece who had come to the concert with me the night before, i got ready & left for Montreal to meet Christine & Deb.

It was so hot in Montreal, it almost made me miss the -35c of February during OSM concerts :aah:

Christine & i walked around for a bit & headed back to meet up with Deb. From there, we headed out to the Place des arts & had supper with Vero. (sunshine931)

We slowly made our way to the venue where we met up with other MFCers. It was nice meeting Mocha for the first time.

The concert started and i could tell the public had even more energy than the night before! 

I'm pretty sure the set list was the same as the night before, minus "j'ai pas envie"

I didn't want the music to stop. I just love listening and watching him on stage. :swoon:

After the concert,  i waited for him with other fans. After about 20 min, Deb & I went backstage to give Mika the MFC yearbook. Once inside, he came out of his dressing room, talked to people he knew, and made his way to where we were standing. He greeted us with enthousiasm. He said something to the effect that he hadn't had a yearbook in a while & i told him it was because he hadn't been touring. And he said oh... yeah! He said he uses it to remember where he's been, what he's done and that he just loves to receive them. I told him that for 2015, he was good to go as he's been touring and we now have material... that's when you see him doing the "kachinga" move on the video :aah: We talked for a little bit & then we left & joined the other fans. 

I waited a little bit again because i was taking the metro with a member who wanted to see him. Deb & I stayed at the back & watched the fans interact with Mika.

I had such a nice time, i want to do it over... can we? :pray:

Nope, I think I'm done with Montreal -- it never treats me very well. :(

Next time, you can come here, OK? ;)

I can't believe this was 9 days ago. :shocked:  You can see my videos on Youtube, but I still need to edit my pictures.

Not sure it'll work, first time I post a video since the new website. Here's the link to the whole playlist : https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLXXJ9OfzpYrZqMkjNFomCl7Jt9I-G2DzB

I really want to do a proper repport, but I will quickly say : I was very glad to see Deb again ! And very nice to meet Christine. Sorry my "speaking" english is REALLY bad and I couldn't hear you proprely so I was very ashamed. :doh: Hope we'll see each other again. Very happy to see Guylaine, Catherine and the other MFCers from Montreal and around.

I finally got my autograph on my Relax Single CD, won thanks to the MFC something like one and a half year ago. I'll show you a picture soon. :wub: Mika got out just in time, I had to take the subway and we got one of the last rides before it closed ! I felt sick the day after at work but I was better after a nad in the end of the afternoon. :teehee:  I was just too tired, I can't follow Mika's life he's really too busy for me !!! I didn't got a big "Mika moment" but it's ok, he was tired, I was tired, let's go to sleep. :naughty:

Edited by Alie
  • Like 1

I can't believe this was 9 days ago. :shocked:  You can see my videos on Youtube, but I still need to edit my pictures.

Not sure it'll work, first time I post a video since the new website. Here's the link to the whole playlist : https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLXXJ9OfzpYrZqMkjNFomCl7Jt9I-G2DzB

I really want to do a proper repport, but I will quickly say : I was very glad to see Deb again ! And very nice to meet Christine. Sorry my "speaking" english is REALLY bad and I couldn't hear you proprely so I was very ashamed. :doh: Hope we'll see each other again. Very happy to see Guylaine, Catherine and the other MFCers from Montreal and around.

I finally got my autograph on my Relax Single CD, won thanks to the MFC something like one and a half year ago. I'll show you a picture soon. :wub: Mika got out just in time, I had to take the subway and we got one of the last rides before it closed ! I felt sick the day after at work but I was better after a nad in the end of the afternoon. :teehee:  I was just too tired, I can't follow Mika's life he's really too busy for me !!! I didn't got a big "Mika moment" but it's ok, he was tired, I was tired, let's go to sleep. :naughty:

Awww, the video posted just fine, Alie -- and it was good to see you, too! Thanks for the playlist -- I'll go check out all your videos now! :fangurl:

• silver changed the title to 2015 - Mika at Montreal Jazz Festival - 5 July - REPORTS, PICS, VIDEOS