Il viaggio di Mika - Documentary on 20th December 2015 10:50 PM

Alyara

• 6 years later...

This article reminds me "Il viaggio di Mika" today, the special TV program is awesome !

Foemat Biz

https://www.formatbiz.it/dettNews.aspx?id=9163

• 2022-07-29
Let’s move to Mika, the great international artist. How did you meet him and how do you work together?

In my life there are two important men, they are both called Michael.
One is Mike Bongiorno and I shared many important part of my professional life until September 2009 working for the quiz show RISKYTUTTO for Sky Italia and the other is Mika.
We met for the first time in 2013 for XFactor and there was an alchemy between the two of us!
I remember being immediately 'kidnapped' by his style, his kindness, but above all by his intelligence and his ability to 'learn'.
He had started studying Italian for a few months and already spoke it very well.
Artistically, then, it is incredible.
During the 3 years of X Factor our relationship has grown, above all thanks to a docureality that we have created together Il Viaggio di Mika, in which I filmed him in several situations in Italy and abroad, during his concerts, while he was shooting a video clip on the slopes of Etna, when he was a guest on an important television program in New York ...
In that context, I was able to understand even more his artistic greatness.
In 2016 I was with him in CasaMika, the one-man show produced by Ballandi for Rai. The show also won a Rose d’Or as best format in Europe.
In addition to being a very good singer and musician, he knows how to present a TV show, supporting intense monologues, but he also knows how to manage hilarious moments, he knows how to interview with precise and punctual interventions (he has a great listening ability), I consider him a unique talent and it is wonderful to work with him, it is stimulating because he is also an extraordinary Artistic Director, he takes care of everything down to the smallest detail, from graphics to costumes, to lights ...
I remember the nights after rehearsals until 3 am in his dressing room to 'build' the new episodes and not feel tired for the joy of what was being created.
Even when he goes as a guest in a program, he personally and totally studies his performances, making use of the collaboration of his trusted team, of which I am a part, and his performance becomes a show within the show.
For example, when he was a guest in 2020 at the Sanremo Festival, he first performed some of his choreographed pieces with a Gospel Choir that came from France and after a moment of great television impact he changed 'register' and atmosphere passing to a profound monologue before to perform the tribute to De Andrè with 'Love that you come, Love that you go'.
It was pure emotion and the emotion became even more intense with Eurovision Song contest 2022.
Working with him is something magical, like his piano.
For me it was a unique experience, we worked inside a giant machine with incredible production dynamics and knowing that we were part of a program that was followed by 160 million viewers, well, the thrills come.

13 hours ago, Kumazzz said:

1 hour ago, Kumazzz said:

This article reminds me "Il viaggio di Mika" today, the special TV program is awesome !

Foemat Biz

https://www.formatbiz.it/dettNews.aspx?id=9163

• 2022-07-29
Let’s move to Mika, the great international artist. How did you meet him and how do you work together?

In my life there are two important men, they are both called Michael.
One is Mike Bongiorno and I shared many important part of my professional life until September 2009 working for the quiz show RISKYTUTTO for Sky Italia and the other is Mika.
We met for the first time in 2013 for XFactor and there was an alchemy between the two of us!
I remember being immediately 'kidnapped' by his style, his kindness, but above all by his intelligence and his ability to 'learn'.
He had started studying Italian for a few months and already spoke it very well.
Artistically, then, it is incredible.
During the 3 years of X Factor our relationship has grown, above all thanks to a docureality that we have created together Il Viaggio di Mika, in which I filmed him in several situations in Italy and abroad, during his concerts, while he was shooting a video clip on the slopes of Etna, when he was a guest on an important television program in New York ...
In that context, I was able to understand even more his artistic greatness.
In 2016 I was with him in CasaMika, the one-man show produced by Ballandi for Rai. The show also won a Rose d’Or as best format in Europe.
In addition to being a very good singer and musician, he knows how to present a TV show, supporting intense monologues, but he also knows how to manage hilarious moments, he knows how to interview with precise and punctual interventions (he has a great listening ability), I consider him a unique talent and it is wonderful to work with him, it is stimulating because he is also an extraordinary Artistic Director, he takes care of everything down to the smallest detail, from graphics to costumes, to lights ...
I remember the nights after rehearsals until 3 am in his dressing room to 'build' the new episodes and not feel tired for the joy of what was being created.
Even when he goes as a guest in a program, he personally and totally studies his performances, making use of the collaboration of his trusted team, of which I am a part, and his performance becomes a show within the show.
For example, when he was a guest in 2020 at the Sanremo Festival, he first performed some of his choreographed pieces with a Gospel Choir that came from France and after a moment of great television impact he changed 'register' and atmosphere passing to a profound monologue before to perform the tribute to De Andrè with 'Love that you come, Love that you go'.
It was pure emotion and the emotion became even more intense with Eurovision Song contest 2022.
Working with him is something magical, like his piano.
For me it was a unique experience, we worked inside a giant machine with incredible production dynamics and knowing that we were part of a program that was followed by 160 million viewers, well, the thrills come.

I didn't think to look for the documentary. Thank you so much! I'll watch it when I've got time.

• Like 1