What are you watching?

Lulul

I'm watching Peacemaker from Hbomax. I'm also catching up on Oscar nominated movies, Tick Tick Boom, Nightmare Alley, West Side Story, all excellent.

42 minutes ago, BeccaStardust said:

I’m going though a Micheal sheen phase at the moment so going though his filmography 

currently just finished s1 of prodigal son 

Crime shows and sci fi are my main genures tv wise 

tick tick boom was great 

Yes Michael Sheen, he's a great actor, I know him from the Underworld movies.
Tv shows that try to explain the mentality of a serial killer are fascinating. Prodigal Son seems it is like that, I will take a look.

Edited by Lulul

11 minutes ago, Lulul said:

Yes Michael Sheen, he's a great actor, I know him from the Underworld movies.
Tv shows that try to explain the mentality of a serial killer are fascinating. Prodigal Son seems it is like that, I will take a look.

I havnt seen underworld yet but will go

I knew him before but Good omens was when i got to know him more and then saw a random trailer with him in and made me look up more stuff 

Prodigal son is kinda like that its complicated to explain but its good 

26 minutes ago, BeccaStardust said:

havnt seen underworld yet but will go

Underworld is what Twilight should be :naughty:

26 minutes ago, BeccaStardust said:

Prodigal son is kinda like that its complicated to explain but its good 

Well at least that's a good enough reason to check it out, thanks.

Edited by Lulul
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/11/2022 at 6:48 PM, Lulul said:

Underworld is what Twilight should be :naughty:

I second that! 😁

I'm a huge DC/Marvel fan, currently going through the Smallville series.

On series 3 so no spoilers please!

Little annoyed that there's no LGBT+ arcs, well there was one but it was heavily stereotyped, very cringe 😬 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

I'm a huge DC/Marvel fan, currently going through the Smallville series.

Me too!, I was more into Marvel but DC is often getting my attention.

Smallville is a classic. I vaguely remember it was more about the awkward aspects of being Superman, is it like that?

3 hours ago, Lulul said:

I vaguely remember it was more about the awkward aspects of being Superman, is it like that?

I haven't got to the actual Superman phase yet but there are indeed some awkward moments! The female fanservice is the most annoying! 🙄

Edited by TinyLove_CJ

Another series I'm watching at the moment is Killing Eve (I'm watching the latest series). At the start of series 1 I didn't think I'd like it but now I'm totally hooked. I know Villanelle is a murderer but a tiny part of me can't help but root for her sometimes! 😅

• 4 months later...

I finished watching Smallville! It's not a bad series but from series 9 it just got a little chaotic 😅

Now watching Superman and Lois!

(I'm sensing a theme here...  :lmfao:)

Really loving the series so far, it's very engaging and leaves me wanting to always know what happens next!

I've also just started The Originals and already I have so many questions, hoping everything will be explained as I watch more of it. Unlike me, my Mum doesn't really like horror/gore but I think this series is a good introduction to darker stories and so far she likes it!

(Or I should say she rather likes Daniel Gillies who plays Elijah :teehee:)

23 hours ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

Unlike me, my Mum doesn't really like horror/gore but I think this series is a good introduction to darker stories and so far she likes it!

Well that didn't last long 🙃

6 episodes in and Mum can't look at the screen during any vampire killing. I'm still loving The Originals and will continue to watch it on my laptop instead 😅

• 2 months later...

Convinced my Mum to continue watching The Originals with me, we're now into series 3 and the tables have turned.

Now my Mum genuinely does like the show and wants to watch it whenever we have a spare hour, whereas I now find it rather boring 🙃

Problem is I'm also far too invested in the show to stop watching now...

Ah well only 39 more episodes to go! 😅

We've also been watching Arrow on and off for the past couple of years.

(No spoilers please I've not finished the whole thing yet!)

Just finished series 6. Absolutely pointless series, didn't add anything to the story whatsoever! Could have just missed that one out and gone straight to series 7! 

Which I'll hopefully be doing soon!

19 hours ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

Problem is I'm also far too invested in the show to stop watching now...

Ah well only 39 more episodes to go! 😅

Forgot about The Vampire Diaries and Legacies.

My fixation on TV series means I'll probably watch these too 🙃

• 1 year later...

Been a while since anyone used this thread! (myself included 😅)

Just coming back to it to say I did get round to watching The Vampire Diaries and Legacies.

TVD = Brilliant, both with the story writing, various arcs and acting. Would watch again 10/10!

Legacies = WTF?! Absolutely pointless spin off, would not watch again or recommend to anyone (unless you want to learn how not to write a TV script). Might as well be called the 'Hope and Malivore Show'. Characters are awful and not one is likeable. Really creepy/disturbing as to how Hope destroys Malivore too  -100/10

Anyway... moving on to something a lot more wholesome I watched lately and that is 'Love, Victor'. It's so perfect and lovely and heartwarming. There's drama and teen romance and people just accepting each other for who they are. I found it quite a relateable show and I love how the ending came full circle for the main character Victor. It's short with only 3 seasons but it works and I feel like it's something everyone should watch at least once!

• Like 2

I'm back watching DC stuff too and now watching Gotham. I'm part way through season 2 and it's so good, really enjoying it! 🦇

• Like 1

On 1/29/2024 at 1:22 PM, TinyLove_CJ said:

Anyway... moving on to something a lot more wholesome I watched lately and that is 'Love, Victor'

Yes it's been a while since I watched this but I remember liking it. It's a bit more realistic and mature than say Heartstopper or even Love, Simon which it's based on of course.

4 hours ago, TheOneAndOnlyLeo said:

I'm watching Ted Lasso, and, as someone who grew up in the Midwest, all the midwesternisms make me very happy!

Love Ted Lasso!! Such a feel-good show. @jatspeedy actually said that with the mustache, Mika looks like Ted Lasso and she's not wrong :D

• Like 3

Just finished Little Bird (the Canadian series).

beautifully acted and directed. Heartbreaking and moving.Entirely manifested by Canadian aboriginal professionals and intensively researched so as to present everything accurately and sensitively. Really recommend.

Edited by QueenBigFat
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

I'm still watching Gotham, currently on season 4 where Ivy becomes Poison Ivy, she sure gives a whole new meaning to 'may your head always bloom' and not in a good way!

Ghosts.  Every series and every Christmas special.  And "Bill", which is a comedy film about Shakespeare by the same people.

18 hours ago, silver said:

Ghosts.  Every series and every Christmas special.  And "Bill", which is a comedy film about Shakespeare by the same people.

I love Ghosts! Do you know that there's an American version, too? It's hilarious, surprisingly -- often the US versions lose something in the translation. I can't believe it's entering its 3rd season here -- it's the kind of thing that doesn't usually fly on US TV.

I just watched "All of Us Strangers" (on Hulu) last night -- Andrew Scott and Paul Mescal. Loved it so much, and was outright sobbing in several places. I've loved Andrew Scott since he was Moriarty on Sherlock - so glad he's getting so much attention for this film now. Had never seen Paul Mescal in anything and couldn't figure out why he was rated so highly by so many - I get it now. Really a great film, well-written, beautifully acted, with a great ending. More than what I expected.

And I rewatched "All About Eve" with Bette Davis and Anne Baxter. There aren't too many lines that are delivered more perfectly than Bette Davis's, "Fasten your seatbelts, it's going to be a bumpy night!" Yes, the film is from 1950 but it still holds up. Definitely watch it if you can.

On the TV series side, I'm in the middle of "Masters of the Air" (Apple+) -- mostly because my husband is into anything relating to WWII, but also because it's meant to be good. It's OK, but it's no "Band of Brothers". I'm not really into war movies or series, but that was extremely well done.

I finished the latest "True Detective" series, "Night Country" with Jodie Foster (HBO MAX), a few weeks ago. Highly recommend! Also recently watched "Criminal Record" (Apple+) with Peter Capaldi and Cush Jumbo -- very good crime drama, if you like that sort of thing. I loved her in a series in the US a few years back, The Good Wife, so I was happy to see her back on the screen, plus she wrote this series, so pretty impressive.

And I finally saw "Saltburn" (Netflix) the other night - trying to catch up on Oscar nominees before this weekend! What a film. Loved parts of it, other parts left me wondering, WHY? Just why? :confused:  But it was great to see Jacob Elordi and Barry Keoghan.

Yeah, I've been watching a lot of TV lately -- not sure why. Too many late nights.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, dcdeb said:

Yeah, I've been watching a lot of TV lately -- not sure why. Too many late nights.

Because watching the news and paying attention to what is going on around us is intolerable ?

Edited by QueenBigFat
Oh, wait. I meant “interesting “. 😖
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, dcdeb said:

I just watched "All of Us Strangers" (on Hulu) last night -- Andrew Scott and Paul Mescal. Loved it so much, and was outright sobbing in several places. I've loved Andrew Scott since he was Moriarty on Sherlock - so glad he's getting so much attention for this film now. Had never seen Paul Mescal in anything and couldn't figure out why he was rated so highly by so many - I get it now. Really a great film, well-written, beautifully acted, with a great ending. More than what I expected.

Ohh don't get me started, that movie destroyed me!! So good!! The whole concept is so original and the relationship between the protagonists is beautiful.

And same, I'm such an Andrew Scott fan :wub2:

• Like 1