Mika and the Rugby World Cup 2023

Siana

the Skagit Valley Herald

https://www.goskagit.com/sports/ap/rugby-rwc-final-new-zealand-south-africa/image_2da29fb0-fc05-5b07-a957-5740c0d756e1.html

Rugby RWC Final New Zealand South Africa

• Themba Hadebe - staff, ASSOCIATED PRESS
  • Oct 28, 2023

Mika performs before the Rugby World Cup final match between New Zealand and South Africa at the Stade de France in Saint-Denis, near Paris Saturday, Oct. 28, 2023.

Themba Hadebe - staff, ASSOCIATED PRESS

www.goskagit_com.thumb.jpg.52c27777fb844b733ee5f473495df840.jpg

• Thanks 1

ALAMY

https://www.alamy.com/stock-photo/mika-rugby.html?dtfr=20231027&dtto=20231103&sortBy=relevant

Mika performs during the pre match show ahead of the Rugby World Cup 2023 final match at the Stade de France in Paris, France.

Picture date: Saturday October 28, 2023

I love this one.

https://www.alamy.com/paris-france-28th-oct-2023-mika-performs-prior-to-kick-off-ahead-of-the-rugby-world-cup-final570551763.html

MikaPhotosHighResPictures-GettyImages..thumb.jpg.e47734be27eae92c8616e74cee6f0efd.jpg

alamy-rugby-mika.thumb.jpg.17b2b832fb5082e7ed298813a50d72ac.jpg

Edited by Kumazzz

October, October

‘October! October

I love you more each year,

Your warm days, your soft days,

To me they are most dear.’

Oh November, who knows what you’ll have in store.

But if you buy my pre-order, I swear to love you more!

Original quotation, ‘October’ by D. Maitland Bushby

#quetatêtefleurissetoujours #mayyourheadalwaysbloom

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Kumazzz said:

the Skagit Valley Herald

https://www.goskagit.com/sports/ap/rugby-rwc-final-new-zealand-south-africa/image_2da29fb0-fc05-5b07-a957-5740c0d756e1.html

Rugby RWC Final New Zealand South Africa

• Themba Hadebe - staff, ASSOCIATED PRESS
  • Oct 28, 2023

Mika performs before the Rugby World Cup final match between New Zealand and South Africa at the Stade de France in Saint-Denis, near Paris Saturday, Oct. 28, 2023.

Themba Hadebe - staff, ASSOCIATED PRESS

www.goskagit_com.thumb.jpg.52c27777fb844b733ee5f473495df840.jpg

Love those colors!

• Like 1

On 10/30/2023 at 5:11 AM, QueenBigFat said:

carafon, I didn’t mean to cause you any pain. I thought you made an important point!:original:

Do you mean this kind of statement ?  :wink2:

Anyway , don't worry , i'm not that sensitive ......and most of all , anything that I say is never 100%  important nor serious :naughty:

Edited by carafon

5 hours ago, carafon said:

Do you mean this kind of statement ?  :wink2:

Anyway , don't worry , i'm not that sensitive ......and most of all , anything that I say is never 100%  important nor serious :naughty:

OMG i love her, and funny you should post that bec for some reason I have been comparing Cyndi to Mika since I became familiar with his work!! 
…similar story, too: she wanted to make her own music in the beginning and American music producers wouldn’t let her.

Edited by QueenBigFat
  • Like 1

YouTube

MIKA - Performance at Rugby World Cup France 2023

► MIKA @ Stade de France - 28 Octobre 2023

Performance lors de la finale de la Coupe du Monde de Rugby au Stade de France avec les enfants de la Maîtrise Populaire de l'Opéra-Comique qui ont participé au projet de la "Mêlée des Chœurs”.

Rugby World Cup Final performance at the Stade de France with the children of the Maîtrise Populaire de l'Opéra-Comique who took part in the "Mêlée des Chœurs" project.

• Concept + Creative Direction: Mika
  • Executive Artistic Direction: Carolina Stamerra Grassi
  • Produced by Dodgy Holiday and 24/7 Productions with special thanks to John Pryer
  • Musical Direction: Tim Van Der Kuil
  • Children’s Choir Artistic Direction: Sarah Koné
  • Choreography: Mehdi Kerkouche
  • Mika’s suit + all costumes: Atelier Mika & Bruno Simeone
  • Directed for live broadcast: Laurent Daum and Franck Broqua, in consultation with Tristan Carnet
  • Lighting: Tim Routledge
  • Stage: Tait with special thanks to Adam 'Bullet' Bettley and Mark Tweed
  • Piano: Studio Job
  • Mix: Massimo Barbieri
  • Choir: Maitrise Populaire de l’Opéra Comique
  • Shoes: Christian Louboutin
  • Flowers: Marinella
  • Very special thanks to Julien Collette and Marc Olivier Fogiel
  • Management: Rich Isaacson, Marc Hernandez

Thank you to Region Ile-de-France for their support. Thank you to the Ministry of Education and to the Ministry of Sport for their support.

• Like 1

X ( Twitter )

Come check this! Rugby World Cup performance now live.
Allez voir ça ! Ma performance à la Coupe du Monde de Rugby est maintenant disponible.
  • Like 2

Rugby World - December 2023

rugby-world-12_2023.jpg.60bc7847b168321ab43de1a3589aa289.jpg

PDF file ( 2 pages / 473 kb ) 2023.12_Rugby World magazine_p-6-7.pdf

page-7

EDITOR’S LETTER

It was a tournament that we’ll never forget

AFTER TWO months of a men’s World Cup, it’s hard not to come across all We Didn’t Start The Fire about what’s gone on. Maybe Eddie Jones quitting as Wallabies boss just nine games into a five-year contract, just a day after the World Cup final, is what tipped us over the edge. Just think of what we had in France. Lobos win, Mika sings, record scores for Kiwi wings. Dropping goals, mega queues, stadiums running out of booze. Zombie rocking, Aussies nixed, somehow Dupont’s face is fixed. And all the while the Boks’ fire kept burning… It was an incredible time and we’d like to thank you for coming with us. Maybe some romance was lost as a French run to the end couldn’t happen. But we had a blast and the action was unreal. And the fans: fantastic. Well done everyone. And now… Into a new season!

RugbyWorld12.2023_downmagaz.net-p-7.thumb.jpg.9de588db8fe7499421475c31b4656a6f.jpg

Untitled.thumb.png.9efa567c09854dc373a6bc11d8ab37ea.png

Edited by Kumazzz

• 3 months later...

Facebook

Bruno Simeone

Adesso posso tirare il fiato, e posso dirlo: ogni volta che penso di essere arrivato a dare il massimo, mi sbaglio.

Perché è come se salissi un gradino in più, ma alto centinaia di metri, spinto in alto dalle persone con cui collaboro e con cui condivido la fatica, la tensione, l'ispirazione, il lavoro quotidiano. Spero che anche per loro sia così. Per me lo è.

E per questo voglio ringraziare @mikainstagram , perché la sua creatività mi spinge a superare i miei limiti.
Il suo abito - indossato in occasione della finale dei mondiali di rugby a Parigi - è stato fatto a Martina Franca, nel laboratorio di Rossorame, con 5.000 specchietti, in sole 5 settimane di lavoro.

Il pensiero che ogni sfida che sembra impossibile ci spinge a dare il massimo, mi scalda il cuore. E per questo voglio condividere un pezzetto di questo calore con chi ci ha seguito in questa avventura sulla Senna, Zia, Alessio, Barbara, Marianna.

E poi Carolina Grassi Stamerra, partner in crime, precisa e creativa, puntuale e folle, come me, Beatrice grande scoperta. Daniele, compagno di viaggio di questa strada luminosa.
Grazie a tutti.

Now I can take a breath, and I can say it: every time I think I've reached my best, I'm wrong.

Because it's as if I climbed one step higher, but hundreds of meters high, pushed up by the people I collaborate with and with whom I share the effort, the tension, the inspiration, the daily work. I hope it's like this for them too. For me it is.

And for this I want to thank @mikainstagram, because his creativity pushes me to overcome my limits.
His suit - worn for the Rugby World Cup final in Paris - was made in Martina Franca, in the Rossorame laboratory, with 5,000 mirrors, in just 5 weeks of work.

The thought that every challenge that seems impossible pushes us to give our best warms my heart. And for this reason I want to share a piece of this warmth with those who followed us on this adventure on the Seine, Zia, Alessio, Barbara, Marianna.

Thank you all.

brunosimeone_rugby_worldcup_2023(9).thumb.jpg.e7ab46c40eb2f150b71b57919926375c.jpg

brunosimeone_rugby_worldcup_2023(8).thumb.jpg.b46e8d4cfb80179aeb639773d5857ca8.jpg

brunosimeone_rugby_worldcup_2023(7).thumb.jpg.67f95e05b7ec746eaf79a1cc2cbaaf68.jpg

brunosimeone_rugby_worldcup_2023(6).thumb.jpg.cb1c7b0e913b57ca84c53c6002f55038.jpg

brunosimeone_rugby_worldcup_2023(5).thumb.jpg.0bef50ed4617a324b3147b5851d57cdf.jpg

brunosimeone_rugby_worldcup_2023(4).thumb.jpg.e1a6b3bf9e79ad86fb3f41f76194bc79.jpg

brunosimeone_rugby_worldcup_2023(3).thumb.jpg.366a8b087b6499249dcec5bd1f27a1eb.jpg

brunosimeone_rugby_worldcup_2023(2).thumb.jpg.a18ae36189e5c25d52ac3af38938472c.jpg

brunosimeone_rugby_worldcup_2023(1).thumb.jpg.20efb6c7a660459ccee98a0dbbf773ae.jpg

• Like 1