MFC Pride 2023!!!

TinyLove_CJ

RAINBOW WARRIORS UNITE!!! 

Roundhouse_23_NinasPhoto.thumb.jpg.22228e31512c9c8bd7c5c3413ea28fd1.jpg

(photo by @tiibet

It is coming up to that time of year again where MFC will be celebrating Pride!

Last year I had such an amazing response to doing the Pride parade video, I couldn't believe the messages I got, everyone was wonderful! 

I hope fans are prepared for this year too! I've discussed a few ideas with @dcdeb and we would love to do a live Pride Concert!

You heard me, LIVE!

More information regarding how to take part and dates are TBA.

For now I would like to gather enough interest to make sure that this idea can become a reality. We are looking for all kinds of performers to take part. Singers, dancers, musicians, drag queens! All performers are welcome in this safe space for the LGBT+ community! 

Ideally this will be done over on Instagram and if enough people want to take part then the Pride concert will be spread over a few days.

There may even be a little something, a little "tip of the hat" shall we say, for a performer that that really shines!

Would love to hear people's thoughts and feedback about this, if last year was anything to go by then I'm sure this will be a great success!

There will also be a Pride photography competition! All fans are welcome to submit a photo that represents what Pride means to them. What brings you joy and happiness throughout Pride month? Share it in a photo!
   With photography you can be as creative as you want and really think outside the box.

More information coming soon!

And finally, another little idea I have to celebrate Pride month, and something just for fun, is a way to get to know our fans a little better.
   I would love LGBT+ fans to take part in answering some "Getting to Know You" questions. I already have 25 questions written down that fans can choose from (which I will share later), there are LGBT ones, Mika ones, general and personal. The idea is to answer a couple of questions either in a reel or tiktok video which will then be shared on MFC's other Instagram account @mikafanclubtoo so make sure to give a follow there too!

I hope fans will find this a fun thing to do and a unique way of celebrating what makes us who we are!

UPDATE: Now sharing the Getting to Know You Questions!

Here they are:

1. Who was your first celebrity crush?

2. What advice would you give your younger self?

3. What is your favourite Mika album?

4. What is your favourite Mika song?

5. Did you find coming out difficult?

6. Do you have a favourite LGBT+ book?

7. Do you have a favourite LGBT+ film or TV series?

8. Have you seen Mika perform live?

9. What is one question you would ask Mika if you met him?

10. Have you ever been to a Pride event or parade?

11. Have you ever been to a drag queen performance?

12. Curly haired Mika or short haired Mika?

13. What would you cook for Mika if he was coming to your house?

14. If you could work for Mika, what would you want to do?

15. Give an unusual fact about yourself

16. When did you first feel differently about your sexuality?

17. What would your drag queen name be?

18. If Mika could grant you one wish what would it be?

19. What is a fun activity you do with your friends?

20. What is your ideal first date?

21. What is your dream travel destination?

22. What is an achievement or project that you're proud of?

23. What Mika song would you take off his setlist?

24. If you could go back in time to any Mika concert which would it be?

25. When did you become a Mika fan?

Fans can get prepared now with which questions they'd like to answer. You don't have to do anything right now , video responses won't be shared until next month anyway!

Questions 5 and 16 I understand are quite personal, it's perfectly fine if you don't feel comfortable answering those!

I hope everyone likes the questions I've come up with though and it will be interesting to see your answers, either serious or funny ones!

Let's make this year's events something to be proud of! 🏳️‍🌈 

Edited by TinyLove_CJ
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 1

A concert will be great I know Liam will be interested and for those who doesnt sing we could introduce the next performer  and sp on and so on... they can send videos with their performer and with tje presenters... what do you think?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ernesto said:

they can send videos with their performer and with tje presenters... what do you think?

Do you mean like having different hosts or co-hosts? That could potentially work, more so if we exclusively use @mikafanclubtoo for the whole of Pride. I'd have to see if @dcdeb would be ok with that.

I completely understand that not everyone is a performer (but honestly everyone is welcome!) so perhaps Mika fans can nominate their friends who they know would love to take part in something like this 🤔

At the moment I just want to make people aware that we will celebrating again this year, and I so want this Pride concert to go ahead!

• Like 1

Thanks for starting the thread @TinyLove_CJ !

And yes, we hope to do the Pride concert live -- if the internet gods smile on us! (With Instagram these days you just never know... :annoyed:

Anyhow, we will try to have video performances as backups, just in case!

I'll be reaching out to performers who I know in the next few days, but if you want to contact CJ or me directly now, don't hesitate!

• Like 5

I love all the ideas, CJ! I would like to participate, though it might be a bit more difficult considering I usually stay away from Instagam and Tik Tok. I suppose it is just a matter of me being able to convince my not-so-Mika-obsessed girlfriend to let me use her accounts for nefarious Mika purposes... 

• Haha 2

46 minutes ago, TheOneAndOnlyLeo said:

nefarious Mika purposes... 

I love this! I'm sure if you go with that line how can she say no! :lol3:

Really hope you can take part!

4 hours ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

Do you mean like having different hosts or co-hosts? That could potentially work, more so if we exclusively use @mikafanclubtoo

I was thinking more about this and now I'm not too sure. I think to stay organised it's best to have Deb be the main host. 

We could still find a way for non-performing fans to take part though!

3 hours ago, dcdeb said:

but if you want to contact CJ or me directly now, don't hesitate!

PM's here and over on Instagram (name in MFC bio) are always open! But feel free to ask any questions in the thread too!

• Like 1

Success! I now technically have my own Instagram account (although it is connected to my partner`s email) so I can participate! I have a couple questions, though: 1) How exactly will the concert work? and 2) Do you have any examples of questions that could be asked for the "Getting To Know You" section?

I am not very skilled with the instruments I play, but I do sing. I am not really sure yet if I am up for preforming, but I would like to participate in the last idea!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, TheOneAndOnlyLeo said:

1) How exactly will the concert work? 

Ideally performers will be available for a chosen date(s) during Pride month to appear on the MFC live on Instagram. As a back up we will be taking pre-recorded video performances in case the Internet Gods are not in our favour!

I don't know yet if such videos will be played during an MFC live or shared separately. 

As we're still in the 'gathering interest' stage, hopefully it won't be too long before we have more information about how to be involved.

3 hours ago, TheOneAndOnlyLeo said:

2) Do you have any examples of questions that could be asked for the "Getting To Know You" section?

I have 25 questions ready to go! I was going to wait and share them a little nearer the time but I could always do it sooner so fans can prepare their videos/answers. 

If people want me to share the questions now then please let me know! 😊

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

I have 25 questions ready to go! I was going to wait and share them a little nearer the time but I could always do it sooner so fans can prepare their videos/answers. 

If people want me to share the questions now then please let me know! 😊

I was just curious! I understand the need to wait until we have gotten enough people on board.

• Like 1

Seeing as it's only a month until Pride I'm going to share the Getting to Know You questions now. I'll add them to the first post in a moment!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

I'll add them to the first post in a moment!

Done!

Something else I'd like to mention is that I would really appreciate any help fans can offer this year to get these events happening.

Last year was a lot of fun but I did a heck of a lot of it on my own. I think this year I'll need help with promoting what MFC is doing for Pride across social media.

If you're someone who's good at creating eye catching posts then that would be a big help! 🙏 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, TheOneAndOnlyLeo said:

More or less than four, or is four okay...? This feels a bit nitpicky, sorry about that.

No worries! I'd rather people ask questions so that I do have the chance to go into more detail when needed! 😊

I would say no more than answering 4 questions in the videos. Initially my idea was to have quick fire questions with quick responses, but I also think it's fine for fans to explain the reason behind they're answers too. Potentially fans could answer 1 question with a longer response or answer 4 questions with short responses, but it's really up to fans how they wish to respond!

I also think it's a good idea to put the question text in your videos so that it's not just randomly out of context! (but not at all mandatory, you could also just say aloud which question you're answering).

You could also use the alternate voice option that I know tiktok let's you do so it sounds like someone else is asking the question. I don't use tiktok myself so I'm not too sure how that actually works 😅

• Like 2

Ok I've been thinking about this and while I love the idea and am looking forward to the pride concert I also thought if it was possible to do like a more chill, live stream where we just talk and discuss all things Mika and LGBT+?

So basically not much different from the usual weekly livestreams but more pride themed where queer fans can come say hi on the live but also just write and connect with each other in the chat. Initially I also thought it would be cool to have a queer host? But as CJ said that might be too complicated and Deb always does a fab job anyway so :)

Basically my main concern is that it's hard to include people in these celebrations who are shy / want to stay anonymous and since  we are celebrating digitally anyway this could be an opportunity to make those voices heard?

Alternatively we don't have to organize a whole separate thing, we could just have one livestream in June be slightly more pride themed.

And could we also give people the opportunity to send in their answers to these questions in written form and we publish them anonymously? Someone else could even read them out so we can still include them in the tiktok videos / reels? 

Again just an idea to include more people who might otherwise be uncomfortable sharing!

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, CharlotteL said:

So basically not much different from the usual weekly livestreams but more pride themed where queer fans can come say hi on the live but also just write and connect with each other in the chat.

This is definitely doable and a great way to include more people who might be apprehensive or shy. I've been thinking myself about how to include people who aren't comfortable showing themselves on video and this could be a perfect way to do it!

15 minutes ago, CharlotteL said:

Initially I also thought it would be cool to have a queer host?

I don't think @dcdeb will mind me saying that the other Insta account, @mikafanclubtoo , is to be used in the future by fans!!! So having a live stream there with a queer host would work!

(go give it a follow!)

17 minutes ago, CharlotteL said:

And could we also give people the opportunity to send in their answers to these questions in written form and we publish them anonymously? Someone else could even read them out so we can still include them in the tiktok videos / reels? 

Again, with my Getting to Know You idea I have still been thinking about how to include people who'd rather be anonymous, and this is perfect! Fans could of course send their written answers to us to be later shared in a video too, as long as they're OK with it we could use a nickname, username or even a pseudonym if they don't want to share they're real name!

@CharlotteL  if you'd like to help in any way with these ideas I'm quicker at responding to DM's over on Instagram.

I want to start my own promotion for the Pride concert soon (hopefully this weekend or Monday at the latest), but even if people just message their friends to spread the word or contact anyone you think would like to take part, please point them in this direction!!! 

• Like 5

Hi CJ,

What a wonderful idea!

I would love to participate in my own way and why not help promote the event on the networks.

I sent you a PM on MFC but I don't think you've seen it yet.

Bye.

See you later. :original:

Edited by Happymika_by_celine
  • Thanks 1

Bumping this!

Would really like to get more attention in the coming weeks, especially regarding the Pride concert!

Pride month really isn't that far away you know!

• Like 2

10 hours ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

Bumping this!

Would really like to get more attention in the coming weeks, especially regarding the Pride concert!

Pride month really isn't that far away you know!

No, I can't believe how fast time goes! Nearly mid-May!

As I mentioned to CJ, I think to give us the most time and to allow for my travel schedule, we should shoot for the last week in June for our Pride celebrations.

Ideally, I'd like to schedule the concert for one day, but if we have a number of performers, we might want to do it over a few days.

I'm totally fine with the idea of letting someone else host an Insta Live on the mikafanclubtoo Insta account -- but I do hope people won't be reluctant to participate!

Thanks to @Happymika_by_celine for the promos she's designed for Instagram.

If I post them here, other people could grab them and repost if they like, if that's OK with you, Celine?

I hope to have more news for you all by the end of the week!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, dcdeb said:

Thanks to @Happymika_by_celine for the promos she's designed for Instagram.

If I post them here, other people could grab them and repost if they like, if that's OK with you, Celine?

Yes of course Deb! :thumb_yello:

With great pleasure :rainbow:

Thank you. :bye:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Happymika_by_celine said:

Yes of course Deb! :thumb_yello:

With great pleasure :rainbow:

Thank you. :bye:

Thanks for that Celine, I have your digital poster saved (not sure what else to call it 😅), I'll make sure to tag you when I use it :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

Thanks for that Celine, I have your digital poster saved (not sure what else to call it 😅), I'll make sure to tag you when I use it :)

Thanks adorable C.J :original:

It will be an honour! :king:

I've sent it to Deb by email, and I'll let her post it first on MFC account. :thumb_yello:

Then, everybody can follow her! :groupwave:🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🥳🥳🥳🌈🌈🌈🎶🎶🎶🎊🎊🎊

Have a good night here! :bed:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1