2023 - Mika @ La Nuit de l’Ourcq - Soirée de Gala concert - Philharmonie de Paris, June 01

Prisca

18 minutes ago, Miky Schyns said:

20230512_171404.thumb.jpg.af46f4b2ace5ad1675631804ef760800.jpgI Hello, I received this mail. For 1500 € all inclusive with invitation to Mika's table :drinks_wine:. Unfortunately it's too expensive for me but maybe someone is interested.. :wink2:

Oh, so it's a dinner with Mika ( I wonder how big the table will be - and how long Mika will stay with his guests).

Edited by Anna Ko Kolkowska
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

Oh, donc c'est un dîner avec Mika (  je  me demande quelle sera la taille de la table - et combien de temps Mika restera avec ses invités).

Perhaps 5 minutes or perhaps one hour :gathering:

• Haha 3

19 hours ago, Miky Schyns said:

20230512_171404.thumb.jpg.af46f4b2ace5ad1675631804ef760800.jpgI Hello, I received this mail. For 1500 € all inclusive with invitation to Mika's table :drinks_wine:. Unfortunately it's too expensive for me but maybe someone is interested.. :wink2:

Oh wow! :jawdrop:

19 hours ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

wonder how big the table will be

Yes, I wonder too how large the table will be. 😅

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Miky Schyns said:

Can I ask you if you have a membership with the Philharmonic and that's why you received this email? :original:

19 hours ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

wonder how big the table will be

I'm pretty sure it won't be 4 seats. :lmfao:

50? 100? :dunno_grin:

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Prisca said:

Can I ask you if you have a membership with the Philharmonic and that's why you received this email? :original:

I'm pretty sure it won't be 4 seats. :lmfao:

50? 100? :dunno_grin:

No I'm not a membership Prisca just abonned to the newsletter since The Mika's concerts.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

The more the better. It's an evening to collect money. 

People don't pay less if they don't sit at a table with Mika. :wink2:

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Miky Schyns said:

No I'm not a membership Prisca just abonned to the newsletter since The Mika's concerts.

Ah ok, thanks, so many people got this e-mail. :original:

6 minutes ago, Hero said:

You're thinking about it, aren't you? :naughty:

It's tempting, but 1500 euros is a lot of money. Too much money to spend and then not even manage to talk to Mika and be disappointed.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Prisca said:

It's tempting, but 1500 euros is a lot of money. Too much money to spend and then not even manage to talk to Mika and be disappointed.

True. I doubt he'd expect fans to be in attendance too. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Hero said:

And he sees me so often, I don't want him to feel stalked by me...

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Hero said:

Who else than fans would pay 1500€ to sit at a table with him? :dunno_grin: But as it might be a very long table with 50 people or so, you might be further away from him than when he's on a stage. And if anyone can buy tickets, he might not feel comfortable eating dinner if people are watching or even filming (I hope not! :shocked:) him, and leave after 10 minutes.

still, it's tempting... 🙈

Edit: reading again, it sounds like he will chair a table and talk there? So it'd be more like a speech / presentation? Anyway it'll surely be in French, so I guess non-French speakers (like me) won't get much out of it, except admiring his beauty. :dunno_grin:

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, mellody said:

Who else than fans would pay 1500€ to sit at a table with him? :dunno_grin:

Rich people who go to the gala and find it interesting to see/talk to Mika up close. :dunno_grin:

They pay for the dinner 1500 euro anyway, so why not choose the table with Mika. :dunno_grin:

Edited by Prisca
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Prisca said:

Rich people who go to the gala and find it interesting to see/talk to Mika up close. :dunno_grin:

I'd define them as fans too. Rich fans. :teehee: But yeah, maybe it's directed at business people / creatives who want to hear from a famous and successful artist about art & creativity.

Actually I'd love to hear what he has to say about it, but a) I fear my French isn't good enough and b) when he's a few meters away I might just find it hard to understand him at all. I often have trouble following conversations at a table, if it's not directly the people sitting next to me. Guess my brain isn't too good at filtering out distracting sounds.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, mellody said:

I often have trouble following conversations at a table, if it's not directly the people sitting next to me. Guess my brain isn't too good at filtering out distracting sounds.

I have this too! I find it difficult to discern specific speech if there's too much background babble. It's like my ears want to listen to everything at once, so my brain can't focus. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, mellody said:

I often have trouble following conversations at a table, if it's not directly the people sitting next to me. Guess my brain isn't too good at filtering out distracting sounds.

I have the same problem. Many people think that I don't understand the language. But I also don't understand what people say when people speak in my mother tongue, when the ambient sounds are too loud.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...