MIKA Interview w/Clinique La Prairie on Health and Longevity

Kumazzz

Clinique La Prairie

We had the pleasure to welcome Mika, Composer & Singer, at Clinique La Prairie to discuss longevity, supplements & health with our CEO Simone Gibertoni.

Edited by Kumazzz
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, Kumazzz said:

Clinique La Prairie

We had the pleasure to welcome Mika, Composer & Singer, at Clinique La Prairie to discuss longevity, supplements & health with our CEO Simone Gibertoni.

Mika mentions Valentina Carlile in this interview.

Here is an instagram story in December 2021 at

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kumazzz said:

Clinique La Prairie

Really interesting!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kumazzz said:

Clinique La Prairie

Such an interesting interview! Maybe I'll put it in an extra thread eventually, because it's not exactly French press, but Swiss, it isn't even in French, so I wouldn't search for it here when I'm looking for it in a few years... or maybe we'll open an extra thread for Swiss press, as he's doing a gig there this summer as well.

Anyway, the cryotherapy explains why he had no problems with going topless at -10 degrees in Vars, lol! :teehee:

• Like 3

INSTAGRAM

francois.roelants

https://www.instagram.com/p/CEY_SgMKYQH/

francois.roelants_118414973_916724012149947_2228317914958640508_n.thumb.jpg.e28664a3e8d10850ccf49d44b0de7b9d.jpg

francois.roelants_118472393_310989360106145_7195196164550324111_n.thumb.jpg.d52bbfc832a58821b07dc1e525f9b8dd.jpg

The interview is on ISSUU

Published on Jul 29, 2020

page 28

INTERVIEW - MIKA

MIKA, CAREER & WELL-BEING

Live life to fullness

Successful Lebanese-born British singer and songwriter Mika has released a new album "My Name Is Michael Holbrook" and is back with a worldwide tour, performing with
a high-energy set that shows his joy of making music. INSIDE had the privilege of interviewing him about his vision of life and wellbeing.

What does "Wellness" mean to you?

That's a big ques- tion! It means everything. It doesn't only mean treating illness or just looking better than you did last month... It is about being in a condition, physically, emotionally and even aesthetically, where you can not only live life to its fullest but also handle all the challenges it throws at you.

What one thing would you do every day, no matter where you are, to stay feeling great?

Eat with joy! Stress around food is a really destructive thing. The gut is our emotional centre and is essential to the immune system. Removing joy from food or not being able to eat mindfully can cause so much damage to general wellness. I eat based on the principles of Color, Taste, Texture, Var- iation and Curiosity. In general it is very low fat but that is fine because there's always color and tastes from all over the world. I also love a giant cheese burger.

Tell us more about the food and spices that make you feel better? Do you have a specific nutrition routine?

A colorful plate is a healthy plate and a weekly diet which stimulates every part of your tastebuds and nose is funda- mental. This is the most important thing about food culture! I'm not talking about just cooking, that on the other hand, is food science. Food culture is the soul of cooking. The history of its people, the journey the recipes have been on, the weather, economics, religion, war, ceremony. All this is in the food we eat. Food culture is the most fascinating and romantic thing in our civilization. This is why, when it comes to wellness, variety is the most important rule of the eating. Variety coupled with conscious eating; an awareness of what it is and where its come from. Why take a pill of pre- pared turmeric, when you can activate it by heating it with gee and stirring it into a curry. Or toasting sesame seeds with wild thyme to make zaatar in the morning instead of chocolate spread. Processed food is the opposite of all of this... it disconnects you from what you eat and where it came from. It bombards and saturates your tastebuds.

When you are on a stage, your energy takes over the room. How do you prepare for it?

It is about zoning. I try to coax myself into a zone where the vocal and physical side of things becomes easier, like a crescendo leading to the show as its peak. That way I can focus more on emotion. It is also about varying the emotion every night, and finding at least one moment of total sincerity that makes the show feel real. Then, the physicality just follows. The moments and the communication become urgent and not choreographed. I know that may seem almost cynical! But the challenge is not just doing ONE show... It is doing over 260 of them in just one tour! The energy has to be real every single time.

Your last album "My Name Is Michael Holbrook" is described as a journey through your life. What would you want to share with your younger self, in terms of advice for a good & healthy living?

Be less obsessive! When I was young it was all about obsessions that lasted a few months or weeks at a time. I saw it as a form of style expression! Like only listening to Nirvana on the loudest possible setting for two months. Only eating white rice and olives for a couple weeks. Trying to read all the works of Dickens before my 15th birthday, while I started two months before... as a result I didn't sleep and didn't really under- stand a thing. Another thing I would say to my younger self is that sport doesn't have to be about macho culture and team sports. I hated football and rugby, and trust me, they hated having me in their teams also. So I rejected sport completely. As an adult, I realized all the options out there, and how extreme and fun it can be.

Removing joy from food or not being able to eat mindfully can cause so much damage to general wellness.

page 31

Meditation is something that I have been learning at Clinique La Prairie, its like a secret power that is there to help me.

Sometimes we all must take a break and step away from a world that never seems to slow down. What helps you feel connected to your true self?

Mixed in with all of this is the concept of abstinence... this is where it gets a bit tricky. The more we abstain from things, the more we appreciate them when we come into contact with them again. For me, it helps me find the balance between need and pleasure. It also helps appreciate things that are less 'easy' to appreciate. I admit that this is where I often slip up and need a reset. A week of re-alignment. Dietary, physiologically, emotionally, to help put all the different. parts of me back on the same line. It makes me feel more powerful and frankly happier. If I'm gonna take a break, would be for that. Power doesn't mean ferocity however! It is also, the power to feel, fight, take risks, and bend with the wind when needed.

page 32

Do you have a fitness routine?

My rule is two sweats a day! Whatever it takes. I try to mix my sport with things that I find fun. Mountain biking, hiking, horse riding, danc- ing! Yes, dancing is sport! Sometimes on tour, I find a club just to dance in. Just a pair of sneakers and music. I end the night going to bed at 4 am and have a much better sleep for 4/5 hours than if I had sat there insom- niac since 10pm!
How do you maintain your extraordinary vocal cords? By shutting up! I come from a big family, we talk a lot! We forget how much talking actually tires the chords. I've become a master of going out and doing a whole day of regular activity without making a sound!

What is currently top on your bucket list?

I am working on a new EP, I want to discover more music from the Arab world as it is part of my heritage and I want to connect to it musically. I am also collaborating with my sisters on a project that will turn our family rituals, from my Lebanese grandmother's beauty routines, to my childhood health and nutrition rituals of my mother, into products and a brand. Products that tell a story and that communicate emotion.

Meditation is a new thing in your life. Tell us more. I admit that my curiosity can manifest itself as hyperactive behavior. It is in fact often easier to do nothing than to do something. This makes you leak energy, leak power. Meditation is something that I have been learning at Clinique La Prairie. I still struggle to do it everyday, however I have gone straight to it in times of extreme stress or need and it is like a secret power that is there to help me. I find that it is moving into my life and taking more and more a place in my routine. I wish that I had started as a child. It is a remarkable tool that is as healing as it is empowering.

I eat based on the principles of Color, Taste, Texture, Variation and Curiosity.

page_15.thumb.jpg.6308e3b182f99da61d24b2bbe19404ee.jpg

page_16.thumb.jpg.7a114c779b25acebcd3194b7c1787295.jpg

page_17.thumb.jpg.f2c406c18ba2714b9dc14ea3bef483f2.jpg

Screenshot2023-06-03at09-24-03InsideMagazineCliniqueLaPrairie2020.thumb.png.1734b9bae4e6fe6b35d1e398fa58d31e.png

Edited by Kumazzz
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3

On 6/2/2023 at 9:32 PM, Kumazzz said:

Clinique La Prairie

On 6/2/2023 at 9:32 PM, Kumazzz said:

I got a thumbnail.

LRah6ctT.thumb.jpg.ec5a0b9cd7403b348fa0226119494d1d.jpg

Edited by Kumazzz
  • Like 4

13 hours ago, Kumazzz said:

INSTAGRAM

francois.roelants

https://www.instagram.com/p/CEY_SgMKYQH/

francois.roelants_118414973_916724012149947_2228317914958640508_n.thumb.jpg.e28664a3e8d10850ccf49d44b0de7b9d.jpg

francois.roelants_118472393_310989360106145_7195196164550324111_n.thumb.jpg.d52bbfc832a58821b07dc1e525f9b8dd.jpg

The interview is on ISSUU

Published on Jul 29, 2020

page 28

INTERVIEW - MIKA

MIKA, CAREER & WELL-BEING

Live life to fullness

Successful Lebanese-born British singer and songwriter Mika has released a new album "My Name Is Michael Holbrook" and is back with a worldwide tour, performing with
a high-energy set that shows his joy of making music. INSIDE had the privilege of interviewing him about his vision of life and wellbeing.

What does "Wellness" mean to you?

That's a big ques- tion! It means everything. It doesn't only mean treating illness or just looking better than you did last month... It is about being in a condition, physically, emotionally and even aesthetically, where you can not only live life to its fullest but also handle all the challenges it throws at you.

What one thing would you do every day, no matter where you are, to stay feeling great?

Eat with joy! Stress around food is a really destructive thing. The gut is our emotional centre and is essential to the immune system. Removing joy from food or not being able to eat mindfully can cause so much damage to general wellness. I eat based on the principles of Color, Taste, Texture, Var- iation and Curiosity. In general it is very low fat but that is fine because there's always color and tastes from all over the world. I also love a giant cheese burger.

Tell us more about the food and spices that make you feel better? Do you have a specific nutrition routine?

A colorful plate is a healthy plate and a weekly diet which stimulates every part of your tastebuds and nose is funda- mental. This is the most important thing about food culture! I'm not talking about just cooking, that on the other hand, is food science. Food culture is the soul of cooking. The history of its people, the journey the recipes have been on, the weather, economics, religion, war, ceremony. All this is in the food we eat. Food culture is the most fascinating and romantic thing in our civilization. This is why, when it comes to wellness, variety is the most important rule of the eating. Variety coupled with conscious eating; an awareness of what it is and where its come from. Why take a pill of pre- pared turmeric, when you can activate it by heating it with gee and stirring it into a curry. Or toasting sesame seeds with wild thyme to make zaatar in the morning instead of chocolate spread. Processed food is the opposite of all of this... it disconnects you from what you eat and where it came from. It bombards and saturates your tastebuds.

When you are on a stage, your energy takes over the room. How do you prepare for it?

It is about zoning. I try to coax myself into a zone where the vocal and physical side of things becomes easier, like a crescendo leading to the show as its peak. That way I can focus more on emotion. It is also about varying the emotion every night, and finding at least one moment of total sincerity that makes the show feel real. Then, the physicality just follows. The moments and the communication become urgent and not choreographed. I know that may seem almost cynical! But the challenge is not just doing ONE show... It is doing over 260 of them in just one tour! The energy has to be real every single time.

Your last album "My Name Is Michael Holbrook" is described as a journey through your life. What would you want to share with your younger self, in terms of advice for a good & healthy living?

Be less obsessive! When I was young it was all about obsessions that lasted a few months or weeks at a time. I saw it as a form of style expression! Like only listening to Nirvana on the loudest possible setting for two months. Only eating white rice and olives for a couple weeks. Trying to read all the works of Dickens before my 15th birthday, while I started two months before... as a result I didn't sleep and didn't really under- stand a thing. Another thing I would say to my younger self is that sport doesn't have to be about macho culture and team sports. I hated football and rugby, and trust me, they hated having me in their teams also. So I rejected sport completely. As an adult, I realized all the options out there, and how extreme and fun it can be.

Removing joy from food or not being able to eat mindfully can cause so much damage to general wellness.

page 31

Meditation is something that I have been learning at Clinique La Prairie, its like a secret power that is there to help me.

Sometimes we all must take a break and step away from a world that never seems to slow down. What helps you feel connected to your true self?

Mixed in with all of this is the concept of abstinence... this is where it gets a bit tricky. The more we abstain from things, the more we appreciate them when we come into contact with them again. For me, it helps me find the balance between need and pleasure. It also helps appreciate things that are less 'easy' to appreciate. I admit that this is where I often slip up and need a reset. A week of re-alignment. Dietary, physiologically, emotionally, to help put all the different. parts of me back on the same line. It makes me feel more powerful and frankly happier. If I'm gonna take a break, would be for that. Power doesn't mean ferocity however! It is also, the power to feel, fight, take risks, and bend with the wind when needed.

page 32

Do you have a fitness routine?

My rule is two sweats a day! Whatever it takes. I try to mix my sport with things that I find fun. Mountain biking, hiking, horse riding, danc- ing! Yes, dancing is sport! Sometimes on tour, I find a club just to dance in. Just a pair of sneakers and music. I end the night going to bed at 4 am and have a much better sleep for 4/5 hours than if I had sat there insom- niac since 10pm!
How do you maintain your extraordinary vocal cords? By shutting up! I come from a big family, we talk a lot! We forget how much talking actually tires the chords. I've become a master of going out and doing a whole day of regular activity without making a sound!

I am working on a new EP, I want to discover more music from the Arab world as it is part of my heritage and I want to connect to it musically. I am also collaborating with my sisters on a project that will turn our family rituals, from my Lebanese grandmother's beauty routines, to my childhood health and nutrition rituals of my mother, into products and a brand. Products that tell a story and that communicate emotion.

Meditation is a new thing in your life. Tell us more. I admit that my curiosity can manifest itself as hyperactive behavior. It is in fact often easier to do nothing than to do something. This makes you leak energy, leak power. Meditation is something that I have been learning at Clinique La Prairie. I still struggle to do it everyday, however I have gone straight to it in times of extreme stress or need and it is like a secret power that is there to help me. I find that it is moving into my life and taking more and more a place in my routine. I wish that I had started as a child. It is a remarkable tool that is as healing as it is empowering.

I eat based on the principles of Color, Taste, Texture, Variation and Curiosity.

page_15.thumb.jpg.6308e3b182f99da61d24b2bbe19404ee.jpg

page_16.thumb.jpg.7a114c779b25acebcd3194b7c1787295.jpg

page_17.thumb.jpg.f2c406c18ba2714b9dc14ea3bef483f2.jpg

Screenshot2023-06-03at09-24-03InsideMagazineCliniqueLaPrairie2020.thumb.png.1734b9bae4e6fe6b35d1e398fa58d31e.png

Definitely a different interview than the video. I hope they'll make it available again at some point, maybe they just posted it too early. 

• Like 2

What I remember from the video: he runs more than 6km three days a week.  He has had covid 5 times in two years. He also took it a month and a half ago but everyone from the test said no but the blood tests confirmed it for him. One of these times he needed to go to the hospital and from there he decided that he still needed supplements that he doesn't always take but for at least 2 months and only minerals that he really needs.  He also uses volcanic clay (it seems to me be called that) which also serves him intrip, I read that it helps detoxify the body of toxins.  Occasionally he does cryotherapy.  He has an Italian osteopath for the voice that many singers use.  He has a Tuscan personal trainer with whom he does gymnastics with elastic bands and says she is a very special person, who while practicing thisgymnastics talk about philosophy etc.then instead he has another personal trainer for gymnastics to tone his muscles.  What you eat is also important to him, he likes to work in the kitchen and in any case he surrounds himself with people who make him feel good because that is important to him.  He has his French coach through Face time so he can always contact him. He also goes on horseback because he finds centrality and concentrates.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

On 6/3/2023 at 3:41 PM, Sara penny said:

What I remember from the video: he runs more than 6km three days a week.  He has had covid 5 times in two years. He also took it a month and a half ago but everyone from the test said no but the blood tests confirmed it for him. One of these times he needed to go to the hospital and from there he decided that he still needed supplements that he doesn't always take but for at least 2 months and only minerals that he really needs.  He also uses volcanic clay (it seems to me be called that) which also serves him intrip, I read that it helps detoxify the body of toxins.  Occasionally he does cryotherapy.  He has an Italian osteopath for the voice that many singers use.  He has a Tuscan personal trainer with whom he does gymnastics with elastic bands and says she is a very special person, who while practicing thisgymnastics talk about philosophy etc.then instead he has another personal trainer for gymnastics to tone his muscles.  What you eat is also important to him, he likes to work in the kitchen and in any case he surrounds himself with people who make him feel good because that is important to him.  He has his French coach through Face time so he can always contact him. He also goes on horseback because he finds centrality and concentrates.

Didn't he even say that he runs 6 days a week? Or was that the workout? Ah, I wish I could watch back, it was so interesting! About the supplements I remember he said that he always takes them, but different ones for different times - like, it changes with the seasons, and probably also depends on what he does, whether he's on tour or writing etc.. It was so cute because he also mentioned how expensive the Clinique La Prairie products are, but that they're really good too. :lol3: Loved his face expression when he said that. He also said he's been doing cryotherapy for years, it didn't sound that occasional to me. And he said the personal trainer in Tuscany, the philosopher, would talk about some conspiracy theories. Oh dear, lol! :lol3: I couldn't focus on my workout if someone kept telling me such rubbish. :teehee: I also wanted to listen back to the part where he talked about his kitchen, I understood it the way that the kitchen and the big table in the kitchen are at the center when him and his team are working in his house, so from the studio and the other rooms it's never far to the kitchen. But maybe I understood it wrong and it's what you say, that he's actually working at the kitchen table. Or both? He also talked about this "zoning" that he mentioned in the written interview as well.

The first thing he said, as the most important thing, is to have fun with it. Well, to me, this all sounds like a lot of work and not much fun, but good that he sees it that way, I guess you can only keep up with that schedule if you actually enjoy it. :lol: And he said he's doing it to be able to move on stage the way he did when he was in his 20s, and also at one point he mentioned he wants to be able to keep giving people what they like about him. I love that, because it means he (also) has us in mind with all of that. :wub2:  I mean, I've always liked him, even if he doesn't spend half of his time on looking like a Greek God (successfully! :teehee:) - or, as he calls it, "Wellness"... but it's nice to hear what his motivations are. It's not the sixpack, tho I'm sure he doesn't mind that side effect. :naughty: (and neither do we :teehee:) At the end of the interview, he also said that it's a process and something like that he's on his way but not yet where he wants to be.

Ah yes, and he said he's doing this strict schedule so he can have fun the rest of the time. Like when he's on stage, he can forget about it all and his body will just work for him without him having to worry about it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Simone Gibertoni.com

https://www.simonegibertoni.com/

Friends

https://www.simonegibertoni.com/friends/

Screenshot2023-06-04at20-45-16SimoneGibertoni.thumb.png.2856b9b36c9c716e470d4f93b4b9bcdf.png

MIKA
ARTIST, SINGER-SONGWRITER AND PERFORMER

“Few are able to approach any subject matter, from deeply personal to the extremely technical, with such empathy and rigor. It is this extraordinary attention to detail which enables Simone to see and advise with such a long sighted vision. Curiosity and playfulness are always the first phase of his approach. A night of reflection brings astute critique and problem solving. His brain wraps itself around problems, he searches for answers even when you think he has forgotten. I am proud to be friendly and collaborate with such a rigorous business man who not only knows how to deal with creatives but who also responds with creativity. “

mika.thumb.jpg.c8c3bcd963dde164384a76e03c3c1c2e.jpg
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 6/3/2023 at 1:20 AM, Kumazzz said:

Hmm. interesting. Sounds like a family brand to come! I can imagine Yasmine, Zuleika and Paloma sharing their  memories wrapped in some products. 

EDIT: I have just realized that this interview in Clinique La Prairie is from 2020. So it can't be the same which has been blocked on YouTube.

Edited by Anna Ko Kolkowska
  • Like 3

I really liked this interview, to get a glimpse of his workout routine and lifestyle. It’s obvious he takes good care of himself with the grueling schedule he has, otherwise he wouldn’t be able to bounce back from COVID five times the way he did. 

Concerning the supplements, that part interested me most. I have always taken supplements, but now it’s more targeted after I had blood work done. I can imagine he does the same thing, otherwise he wouldn’t know what deficiencies he might have and how to adjust his supplement intake every 2 months, if I’m understanding him correctly.

Also his running schedule is very intense! I have trained for a half marathon with a schedule of running 4 times a week, building up to distances varying from 6k to 20k. Him running 6 times a week varying from 6k to 12k, he gets more kilometers in than a half marathoner during training. Respect. 

Also wonder if he’s a pavement runner and just explores the cities he’s in? I would be interested to hear what cities he has run in and what he has discovered along the way! He could easily do a running blog, I would totally read that. 

• Like 2

INSTAGRAM

simonegibertoni

https://www.instagram.com/p/CtgFgSyghnD/

I have known MIKA for many years, and my admiration for him has only grown with time. His intelligence, creativity, and his relentless pursuit of excellence have been a constant source of inspiration to me. Listening to this interview will provide you with a clear testament of his extraordinary qualities.

MIKA offers a perspective on longevity that is uniquely his own – deeply humanistic, philosophical but also practical, yet refreshingly modern.

As always, his insights are exceptional and enlightening. His take on longevity transcends the usual discourse, delving into a profound understanding of what it truly means. For me has been very inspiring, hope will be the same for you.

#longevity #healthandwellness #clinique #unlockthesecretofliving #beauty #health #highperformance #epigenetic #genetic #agingwell #betterlife #livinglonger #antiage #innovation #mika

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

INSTAGRAM

It's posted today ( 19/07/2023 ) a short part of the interview.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cu4U-a_g8Ue/

holistichealth_clp

@mikainstagram talks about how he arranged his workspace to actually eat well.

Recognizing the significant role of nutrition on health & longevity, he emphasizes the importance of taking small organizational steps to sustain a healthy lifestyle.

thumbnails

361960589_1444233529731842_1136887838074855711_n.thumb.jpg.7e2404d7f2fe66b824b564f35233e85b.jpg

• Like 2