2023 - Mika @ Isle of Wight Festival, UK, 18 June REPORTS/PICS/VIDS

Kumazzz

https://www.countypress.co.uk/news/23597153.crowd-pleaser-mika-isle-wight-festival-hit----singing-rain/?ref=twtrec

Crowd pleaser Mika an Isle of Wight Festival hit — singing in the rain

IF ANYTHING could bring the sun on Sunday it was Mika and his band, at his first festival in eight years.

Fresh from Eurovision presenting success, he was dressed in gold — like the sun.

He jumped into the crowd to sing Big Girl — at one point on the shoulders of an audience member.

"Under the rain you were even better," Mika told the crowd.

He was as drenched as they were, but gave his all — with costume changes, including a voluminous green cloak and an oversized lion hat.

Of course he finished with Grace Kelly and got the biggest cheer of the weekend — the crowd chanting, 'Mika, Mika'.  

"Eight years has been too long", he said.

FESTIVAL 2023 Mika # Ph Sienna A.jpeg.gallery.jpg

FESTIVAL 2023 Mika #2 Ph Sienna A.jpeg.gallery.jpg

FESTIVAL 2023 Mika #3 Ph Sienna A.jpeg.gallery.jpg

FESTIVAL 2023 Mika #4 Ph Sienna A.jpeg.gallery.jpg

FESTIVAL 2023 Mika #5 Ph Sienna A.jpeg.gallery.jpg

FESTIVAL 2023 Mika #6 Ph Sienna A.jpeg.gallery.jpg

FESTIVAL 2023 Mika #7 Sienna A.jpeg.gallery.jpg

FESTIVAL 2023 Mika CANVA Sienna A.jpg.gallery.jpg

FESTIVAL 2023 Mika PB.jpeg.gallery.jpg

FESTIVAL 2023 Mika Ph Sienna A.jpeg.gallery.jpg

• Like 7

I will do a sort my photos ect and  post when I'm back where I'm staying and a bit dryer (they are on insta already ) 

But while I'm still at the festival I'll give basics 

I got the festival around 10 and queued for about an hour but was near the front 

I wanted to explore a bit so didn't get to the stage untill about 12:30 but still was quite close to the front and could somewhat see well 

Onto Mika it was a short and mostly classic set but still very enjoyable, it started raining just as he started but he still got into the crowd during big girl and after decided to stay on the platform getting more wet as he went on 

HIs piano was broken so he couldn't play GK on it.

The crowd was such a good atmosphere for him 

I Certainly enjoyed myself and for my first festival it was great 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, BeccaStardust said:

I will do a sort my photos ect and  post when I'm back where I'm staying and a bit dryer (they are on insta already ) 

But while I'm still at the festival I'll give basics 

I got the festival around 10 and queued for about an hour but was near the front 

I wanted to explore a bit so didn't get to the stage untill about 12:30 but still was quite close to the front and could somewhat see well 

Onto Mika it was a short and mostly classic set but still very enjoyable, it started raining just as he started but he still got into the crowd during big girl and after decided to stay on the platform getting more wet as he went on 

HIs piano was broken so he couldn't play GK on it.

The crowd was such a good atmosphere for him 

I Certainly enjoyed myself and for my first festival it was great 

These are the only ones of mine that are decent 

The rest are on my insta but are all low quality 

IMG_20230618_163534_852.jpg

IMG_20230618_163534_882.jpg

IMG_20230618_163534_937.jpg

IMG_20230618_163534_904.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Mikasister said:

Isle of Wight County Press

https://www.countypress.co.uk/news/23597153.crowd-pleaser-mika-isle-wight-festival-hit----singing-rain/

IF ANYTHING could bring the sun on Sunday it was Mika and his band, at his first festival in eight years.

Fresh from Eurovision presenting success, he was dressed in gold — like the sun.

He jumped into the crowd to sing Big Girl — at one point on the shoulders of an audience member.

He was as drenched as they were, but gave his all — with costume changes, including a voluminous green cloak and an oversized lion hat.

Of course he finished with Grace Kelly and got the biggest cheer of the weekend — the crowd chanting, 'Mika, Mika'.  

FESTIVAL2023MikaCANVASiennaA.jpg.gallery.thumb.jpg.cb5dcd148b774e2b5160dfb2d766bb1b.jpg

FESTIVAL2023Mika7SiennaA.jpeg.gallery.thumb.jpg.48c3ce3f6a2e83e0f237ff9fc3785fc3.jpg

FESTIVAL2023Mika4PhSiennaA.jpeg.gallery.thumb.jpg.be4c4de6e71bfd3c33f31a64be93bc26.jpg

FESTIVAL2023Mika6PhSiennaA.jpeg.gallery.thumb.jpg.fce49bafab287fab2c8ad4d3a8f55913.jpg

FESTIVAL2023Mika3PhSiennaA.jpeg.gallery.thumb.jpg.c7ba2d2f6a1d4599ee28e4c87354ed89.jpg

FESTIVAL2023Mika5PhSiennaA.jpeg.gallery.thumb.jpg.b09d3f16834731794641fc924c123e99.jpg

FESTIVAL2023MikaPhSiennaA.jpeg.gallery.thumb.jpg.6ecd2d27c66098997cadf190274f5513.jpg

FESTIVAL2023MikaPB.jpeg.gallery.thumb.jpg.f35a39077c1bbde8a8bee68ca163f414.jpg

FESTIVAL2023Mika2PhSiennaA.jpeg.gallery.thumb.jpg.15d0b84291da155bd8fcf453d793cd7a.jpg

FESTIVAL2023MikaPhSiennaA.jpeg.gallery.thumb.jpg.c1756389bc7f71a85f71789889b5c932.jpg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Kumazzz said:

got the biggest cheer of the weekend — the crowd chanting, 'Mika, Mika'.  

Aww, that's so cool that they say it was the biggest cheer of the weekend! :wub2: It was a really special moment.

Mika started with Lollipop, then Origin, Big Girl, and then (not remembering the order for sure) Relax, Ice Cream, Happy Ending, WAG, Grace Kelly.

2 hours ago, Kumazzz said:

That's awesome. I don't even know where that was, maybe at the side of the stage? Some barrier, apparently. The place was HUGE! :shocked: I didn't think there'd be any chance to see Mika after the show.

• Like 1

As I have Wifi now, here are my videos:

Lollipop intro

The sky was kind to the yellow grass, which urgently needed water. :naughty: And hey, if our heads are supposed to bloom, a rainshower can't hurt either. :lol3: Well, flowers wasn't much of a topic in this short show, he only had the big white flower for Ice Cream. And Nina got to hold it again. :teehee: And Mika teased the crowd with the flower, holding it above them so they could just touch it with their fingertips.

Big Girl intro

Big Girl in the crowd / on stage with LGBTQ+ flag

Ice Cream with flower

Relax

Relax, with the hat he asked the woman behind us to give him. She was from Amsterdam and follows Blondie. Some of Blondie's fans were wearing hats like that, but hers was a bit more glittery & colourful than the others (and closest to the front, I think :lol:). He asked us to sing, and said that only if we sing loud enough she'd get the hat back. :lmfao:

Happy Ending

End of Happy Ending. Love the effect of the lights on my wet camera lens at the end. :lol3:

We Are Golden. Some guy on the left sprayed some liquid towards Mika, and Mika said "I don't know what it is, but it tastes really good!" :lmfao: So here you can see Mika opening his mouth widely, to get more of that mysterious liquid. :teehee:

In fact, after Mika's set, I saw a guy carrying a huge spray thing and asked if that was him who sprayed that towards Mika. He said yes, and I asked what it was... it was soap bubbles. :blink: So maybe that was a misunderstanding and he had just sprayed soap bubbles, while someone else sprayed whatever that liquid was. Either that, or Mika likes the taste of soap. :naughty: (who knows what catching Covid 5 times has done to his taste buds? 🙈)

Grace Kelly, & getting the tiger head (it's cute how he always tries to hide that huge thing :teehee:)

Saying goodbye & crowd chanting "Mika! Mika!"

As the Wifi is slow here, I'll upload the rest of my videos when I have Wifi the next time... need to sleep now. I'm off to London tomorrow morning, for sightseeing / maybe shopping, and Abba Voyage. :biggrin2: 

Edit: Finally finished uploading them all!

Edited by mellody
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, mellody said:

Lollipop, then Origin, Big Girl, and then (not remembering the order for sure) Relax, Ice Cream, Happy Ending, WAG, Grace Kelly.

Thanks a lot @mellody

SETLIST

1. Lollipop
  2. Origin of Love
  3. Big Girl, You are Beautiful
  4. Relax
  5. Ice Cream
  6. Happy Ending
  7. We Are Golden
  8. Grace Kelly
  • Like 2

18 hours ago, krysady said:

https://www.countypress.co.uk/news/23597153.crowd-pleaser-mika-isle-wight-festival-hit----singing-rain/?ref=twtrec

FESTIVAL 2023 Mika # Ph Sienna A.jpeg.gallery.jpg

FESTIVAL 2023 Mika #2 Ph Sienna A.jpeg.gallery.jpg

FESTIVAL 2023 Mika #3 Ph Sienna A.jpeg.gallery.jpg

FESTIVAL 2023 Mika #4 Ph Sienna A.jpeg.gallery.jpg

FESTIVAL 2023 Mika #5 Ph Sienna A.jpeg.gallery.jpg

FESTIVAL 2023 Mika #6 Ph Sienna A.jpeg.gallery.jpg

FESTIVAL 2023 Mika #7 Sienna A.jpeg.gallery.jpg

FESTIVAL 2023 Mika CANVA Sienna A.jpg.gallery.jpg

FESTIVAL 2023 Mika PB.jpeg.gallery.jpg

FESTIVAL 2023 Mika Ph Sienna A.jpeg.gallery.jpg

Aww, the biggest cheer of the weekend - that's awesome! :cloud:

• Like 2