2024 - Mika @ Civic Hall, Wolverhampton, UK, 5 April

mellody

Mika will be bringing his Apocalypse Calypso Tour to the UK! On 5 April 2024 in Wolverhampton, near Birmingham.

The general ticket sale starts Friday 29 September 2023 at 10am UK time

The MFC presale starts Thursday 28 September 2023 at 10am UK time, more info will be posted in this part of the forum: https://www.mikafanclub.com/forum/9-members-only-exclusives/

On Wednesday 27 September there's already a presale for O2 customers in the UK.

Please RSVP here if you're going:

• Like 1

They do have floor standing for gigs so I would assume it would be the same for mikas!

Pre-warning though if anyone is going for seated tickets I wouldn't bother going for the 2nd (top) balcony unless its the front row as there are seats up there where you actually can't see any of the stage- they recently re-did the venue so I've no idea why they decided to make seats like this:facepalm:

Also with this venue if you are in seated sections you aren't allowed to get up and dance at any point or you risk being chucked out and i think they are quite strict on it so something to consider! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Emily2b said:

They do have floor standing for gigs so I would assume it would be the same for mikas!

Pre-warning though if anyone is going for seated tickets I wouldn't bother going for the 2nd (top) balcony unless its the front row as there are seats up there where you actually can't see any of the stage- they recently re-did the venue so I've no idea why they decided to make seats like this:facepalm:

Also with this venue if you are in seated sections you aren't allowed to get up and dance at any point or you risk being chucked out and i think they are quite strict on it so something to consider! 

A review at Tripadviser wrote about the problems.

Wolverhampton Civic Hall

https://www.tripadvisor.jp/ShowUserReviews-g190762-d3371897-r902379172-Wolverhampton_Civic_Hall-Wolverhampton_West_Midlands_England.html

Can’t see the stage!

All that money spent on a refurb and you can’t actually see the stage from the balcony!! These seats were not advertised as restricted view either, be warned when booking. Location was Balcony Block C.

all-that-money-spent.jpg

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Emily2b said:

Security is apparently very strict at this venue.

• 4 months later...

Hi all...
So I've been having a meltdown but thanks to @mellody who has been a total star, all's well that ends well!
I'm only sharing incase it happens to someone else BTW!
I got great seated tickets for the Civic in the pre-sale, but last night suddenly questioned if I'd ever had an email confirmation, so I went onto Ticketmaster and 'no tickets'... my heart sank as my friend is flying in from Vienna to see MIKA as she's never seen him before. The money had transacted and had a ref G&T when I looked, which also made me question what was going on. I contacted Ticketmaster who have replied saying they have no record of my tickets, so I feared the worst!
Thanks to the reassuring reply from @mellody, I googled G&T, and after all sorts of worrying results, I finally saw Gigs and Tours and thought this was my last hope! I didn't have an account but after creating one, the tickets are there 👏🏼
So, to stop anyone from gaining as many grey hairs as I just have🤣, if anyone bought on the pre-sale for Wolverhampton and assumed you'd bought through Ticketmaster, the chances are it is Gigs and Tours!

• Like 4

Yes, I also get confused which tickets get sold through which website, there are so many. :doh: Gigs & Tours belongs to Seetickets, so it's different from ticketmaster and eventim.

• Like 2

My husband and I are coming to this one :) We got seated in circle, we're 30 and decided we're too old to be standing any more. Looking forward to seeing Mika perform. I saw him when he did the concert in London's Heaven Club years ago! 

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, becca42 said:

My husband and I are coming to this one :) We got seated in circle, we're 30 and decided we're too old to be standing any more. Looking forward to seeing Mika perform. I saw him when he did the concert in London's Heaven Club years ago! 

30 is not too old to be standing! :shocked:

But enjoy the gig :naughty:

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

56 minutes ago, becca42 said:

I think I started following Mika at the age of 30 - and now, 17 years later, I still refuse to stay seated at his gigs, even if there are seats. :naughty: Anyway, enjoy! :biggrin2:

• Like 4

I have a question and I hope this is the right place to ask! What time do people start queuing for the standing tickets? I am very keen to be at the front as I find it difficult if I'm not at the barrier (arthritis) and also because I'm short and would like to see more than the backs of heads! What time should I get there to be at the front? Or is it the case that there are guests, etc. only at the fron and there isn't a chance no matter what time?

3 hours ago, Becky777 said:

I have a question and I hope this is the right place to ask! What time do people start queuing for the standing tickets? I am very keen to be at the front as I find it difficult if I'm not at the barrier (arthritis) and also because I'm short and would like to see more than the backs of heads! What time should I get there to be at the front? Or is it the case that there are guests, etc. only at the fron and there isn't a chance no matter what time?

Difficult to say, as I'm not sure Mika has played this venue before.  I don't know how early the non-MFCers would queue.  Dedicated fans tend to queue pretty early.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Becky777 said:

Thank you, Silver! How early is early? I'm not sure what to aim for, or if it's just going to be impossible as I'm coming a long way.

In London 2022 there was one person who queued the evening before. They queued a total of 23 hours and told Mika during the show, his answer: “23 hours? I’m honoured, but….. WHY!?” :lol3:

• Haha 6

31 minutes ago, Becky777 said:

Thank you, Silver! How early is early? I'm not sure what to aim for, or if it's just going to be impossible as I'm coming a long way.

I think you will need to check with other fans that are going, but I would guess about 10.00am? 

If you RSVP here https://www.mikafanclub.com/events/event/1613-mika-wolverhampton-civic-hall-uk/

you will see who else is attending

• Like 1

18 hours ago, holdingyourdrink said:

In London 2022 there was one person who queued the evening before. They queued a total of 23 hours and told Mika during the show, his answer: “23 hours? I’m honoured, but….. WHY!?” :lol3:

I remember. It was so funny 🤣 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

It looks like there's a train strikc that day now, so I don't know if I'm going to be able to make it now. I suppose there will be a lot of us in the same situation.

57 minutes ago, Mayli said:

Haha wow 23hrs lol I can see how important MIKA means to her/him lol kind of like a life partner I guess 🤭

That’s a little judgmental :wink2:

I like how we all differently express being a fan. As long as we are respectful to eachother (which mostly is the case, in my experience), it’s nice to have such a diverse community. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all. Anyone know the timings for the Wolverhampton show, Friday 5 April ? Several sites state just 700, is this just doors open? What is the start and approx finish times of the actual show?  My son is disabled so I like to forward plan abit. Many thanks

Edited by CANARYM
added more details

Hey guys!! Just a quick enquiry around tickets!! I haven't had my ticket emailed to me yet and the gig is just two days away! I ordered from gigsandtours back in September and wondered if this was the same for anyone else. I know from past experience that in some places tickets are not sent until as late as an hour or so before shows! but online it said that tickets should be sent 1 to 2 weeks prior, so im a little anxious!! same goes for Manchester. xx

5 minutes ago, Phoebe Jeffery said:

Hey guys!! Just a quick enquiry around tickets!! I haven't had my ticket emailed to me yet and the gig is just two days away! I ordered from gigsandtours back in September and wondered if this was the same for anyone else. I know from past experience that in some places tickets are not sent until as late as an hour or so before shows! but online it said that tickets should be sent 1 to 2 weeks prior, so im a little anxious!! same goes for Manchester. xx

I bought from gigsandtours as well, I dont think I got an email copy of the ticket at all, just the purchase confirmation. I think I had to get the app AXS for the wolverhampton ticket, and the app See Tickets Wallet for Manchester.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ClownInACollar said:

I bought from gigsandtours as well, I dont think I got an email copy of the ticket at all, just the purchase confirmation. I think I had to get the app AXS for the wolverhampton ticket, and the app See Tickets Wallet for Manchester.

I've had an email with eticket attached for Manchester