Changes on Mika's Instagram account & following list

Sorry did you notice all the people followed by Mika on Instagram disappear? Could this be a bug or maybe a sign of the start of a new 'era' on social medias (some artists totally change their profiles on Instagram when they want to announce something new)?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, peroalessandra said:

Sorry did you notice all the people followed by Mika on Instagram disappear? Could this be a bug or maybe a sign of the start of a new 'era' on social medias (some artists totally change their profiles on Instagram when they want to announce something new)?

I think he has just cleared out the list of accounts he follows, without any deeper meaning. :dunno_grin:

• Like 2

Oh wait, just seen it's down to 0 now... :blink: yesterday he still followed a bunch of accounts, tho just half as many as before, I thought that's what you meant. So yeah, either it's a bug - or maybe he'll let his team take over his account now, instead of doing it himself? That would be a shame imo, this connection he always had with his fans by doing his social media (mostly) himself has become less and less anyway over the last 2 years or so, but at least on IG we could still be fairly sure it was him posting. I'd be very sad to see his account becoming just one of those soulless managed celebrity accounts. :sad: I hope it's just a bug.

16 minutes ago, mellody said:

Oh wait, just seen it's down to 0 now... :blink: yesterday he still followed a bunch of accounts, tho just half as many as before, I thought that's what you meant. So yeah, either it's a bug - or maybe he'll let his team take over his account now, instead of doing it himself? That would be a shame imo, this connection he always had with his fans by doing his social media (mostly) himself has become less and less anyway over the last 2 years or so, but at least on IG we could still be fairly sure it was him posting. I'd be very sad to see his account becoming just one of those soulless managed celebrity accounts. :sad: I hope it's just a bug.

Yes, i also Hope It Is not a sign of him letting his team manage his profile 🙏

• Like 1

Someone said on Twitter that it's possible for verified users to hide the list of people they follow, maybe it's that? (Tho, why would he do that?) :dunno:

Posted (edited)

I don' t think so because he unfollowed also professional accounts...maybe for privacy he could have unfollowed members of his family or intimate Friends but i don' t think also colleagues or designers..or maybe in this period he Just wants to use Instagram for his work and not for Interaction with people

Edited by peroalessandra

1 hour ago, peroalessandra said:

Just wants to use Instagram for his work and not for Interaction with people

That makes no sense - a) because social media IS for interactions and the only possible way to interact with him for most of his fans who can't go to his gigs, or just to one or two. And b) because his work IS about interaction with people. Also, most people he followed were related to his work. However, I was thinking, maybe it's the start of something new, and better? He talked last year about a new way of communicating... no huge changes so far, but as he now keeps reposting fans, maybe he wants to use IG to interact MORE directly with fans, maybe even start following his fans instead of all those business / showbiz accounts? Ok, in that case he still wouldn't have needed to unfollow everyone - at least MFC as a fan representative could have stayed 😎 but maybe he wanted a cut, to make clear there'll be a change from now on? An improvement in his communication with his fans certainly is something I'd love to see... as opposed to a social media manager taking over his account. He keeps talking about authenticity and connection with his fans, so it'd only be logical if he used his account for personal interactions with fans more, instead of less. We'll see, I guess. 

• Like 2

i meant maybe in this period he Is focused on his projects so he wants to use his account only to show his work and not for Interacting with people in the sense of seeing their posts, liking posts...i Imagine he has other ways to comunicate with colleagues and Friends and maybe he wants to use in this period Instagram only to show people his work...It is unlikely but since it Is a little bit strange gesture we can only imagine reasons....or maybe he Simply has lost contacts with lot of people he followed and has formed new contacts so maybe he is going to renew his net of contacts..or i don' t know maybe someone used his contacts to interact with people among his family or friends and he was bothered by this, i really don' t have ideas,...we'll see

When I woke up this morning, it suddenly came to my mind what Mika had written in the tour book, about resetting everything back to zero: https://www.mikafanclub.com/topic/36753-photobook-apocalypso-tour-discussions-tour-spoilers/#comments 

and I wonder if it's about that? As he says it's a concept... idk, in the context of his show it makes sense, he's taking the audience on a journey... but doing that on IG without any further explanation? He talks about a provocation for himself - maybe the tour isn't enough provocation for him? :teehee: Or maybe I'm just looking for explanations that make more sense than a social media manager taking over and turning Mika and his fans into puppets of what they think is the most marketable way to communicate. :no: Sure, we'd all love him to post regularly. But to feel more connected with him, knowing HE wants to stay in touch with us ... and not just for the sake of more content.

Anyway, as there's still no change, it doesn't look like it's just some temporary IG bug. :dunno:

Maybe It Is a sign of renewal in the sense that Mika Is no longer in touch with some of his followed people (for example his colleagues from x factor Italy, some TV italian characters for example Antonella Clerici) or has changed collaborations (for example his clothes are from atelier Mika and not from maison valentino) so maybe this gesture for him means the desire of starting a new era..i am sure he has other ways for keeping contacts with close friends or colleagues, so having them among his followed people does not mean that it is the main way for keeping in touch with them...and if he wants to see reports from.fans i am sure he will visit the account Mika fan club even without following it..Reading also your opinions for me.this could be a reason, maybe not immediately reasonable but maybe he Just felt like that

Well you have all listed about 10 good reasons and I think all of them would make sense, so I don't think we'll find a definite answer.

I think it could mean some changes in how he uses social media but it doesn't have to.

I doubt he uses it to interact with anyone anyway. We know he doesn't use it to interact with fans and I highly doubt he uses his public account for private conversations with friends.

I read that a lot of people are complaining for that, they suddenly found out their following list is 0. And they did nothing, it's just happened with no reason. Some say they logged out and logged in again and the problem fixed. But after a few hours it happened again. So it seems it's a glitch, but who knows...

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, krysady said:

I read that a lot of people are complaining for that, they suddenly found out their following list is 0. And they did nothing, it's just happened with no reason. Some say they logged out and logged in again and the problem fixed. But after a few hours it happened again. So it seems it's a glitch, but who knows...

I hadn't seen anyone else complain... but that would certainly still be my favourite option. :dunno_grin:

8 minutes ago, mellody said:

I hadn't seen anyone else complain... but that would certainly still be my favourite option. :dunno_grin:

I read yesterday somewhere on Twitter and some are talking about it here: https://www.reddit.com/r/Instagram/comments/1axn1gj/my_following_list_suddenly_became_0/

And yes, I also hope this is the reason for Mika as well :yes:

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Mayli said:

I guess this is the difference between the superfans u and normal fans me lol😅

Welcome to the world of Mika analysis, responsible for probably hundreds of thousands of posts on this forum since 2007. :naughty: Imo better to question and analyze and discuss, than just scroll and swipe and consume content, like many people on social media do these days. :dunno_grin:

And yeah, I guess having more of a "real life" might be the best option, but nowadays it's hard to separate the online from the offline world - and we do love living in Mika's imaginary world, with the internet being the main access to that. :wink2:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mayli said:

I understand as a fans would love ❤️ to live in his world 🌎 and stick closer to him as much as possible but haha 😆 sorry I'm very realistic and my life is never been easy so not my type to act as a fans like some of u🙏 Appreciate your spirit but if u ask me to do the same then its impossible cause I can't really find my own value from the process!🫣🤣

No problem, everyone has their own way of being a Mika fan - there's no "right" or "wrong" (as long as it stays respectful, ofc). ;)

• Like 4

• mellody changed the title to Changes on Mika's Instagram account & following list