Do U Think?

burtyjim

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i think it would be an awesone idea...HOWEVER i think that if he did do it he will never be able to get rid of the "freddie mecury" stereotype... not that there is anything wrong with freddie! i love freddie soooo much hes a total legend but mika is always compaired to freddie and if he was to do a queen cover it would be more difficult to be able to shake it off and become known as an individual....

i hope what i have said makes sense to people and people y'all know what i actually mean!

but if he did do i cover i know it would be fantastic!!! id love him to do like an exclusive rare track maybe for members of the board...doubt it would ever happen tho

love steph x

Funny enough .... there was things on the queen website hinting towards that I also think he shouldnt , too many people have tried to be freddie and failed , Paul Rodgers is superb and he fits that role. Also Mika is a star in his own right . :thumb_yello:

Yup, totally agree :) I think Mika could do a really great job of a queen cover but I think he could hurt his career rather than help it. Maybe he could do the odd queen cover at live gigs as a treat for the fans (maybe Brian May could be a special guest :wink2: !) but I really don't think he should do an official cover.

'Hips' on the other hand I would LOVE him to officially cover, that would be great! :roftl:

...I agree with you...Mika is the only one that could reach "THE VOICE" Freddie...If I have to say which song he could sing, i'd probably say "Killer Queen", or "Somebody To Love"...

But I also think that he shouldn't do a Queen cover...I'd like to consider Mika a new singer with his peculiar voice and habilities, not a clone of Freddie Mercury...

...but yes, if he wants to do a cover I would be very happy...I love Queen and Freddie...:biggrin2:

Saying all this its the highest of honours even saying that Mika could match Freddie Mercury , I was at the tribute concert in '91 and during that day there was probably only George Micheal and David Bowie that could could come anywhere near Freddies voice.

Mika has got a voice to match the mighty Mercury , he will be a huge star:winner_third_h4h:

Doubt it will ever happen, can you tell how annoyed he is starting to get from the constant comparisons to him on the video interviews he does? He does sound like Freddie, but really only on Grace Kelly. On Love Today he sounds like Prince and other artists imho.

Manny

xoxoxoxo

Manny , Im not with ya on this one , I dont think he would get annoyed , the interviews Ive seen he takes it as a huge compliment!!!! , its not just the voice , its the actions and style as well , as this post says he isnt and shouldnt be Freddie but he very very much like him ........ as he says in the Grace Kelly song!

Keep rockin :punk:

Manny , Im not with ya on this one , I dont think he would get annoyed , the interviews Ive seen he takes it as a huge compliment!!!! , its not just the voice , its the actions and style as well , as this post says he isnt and shouldnt be Freddie but he very very much like him ........ as he says in the Grace Kelly song!

Keep rockin :punk:

Well I can tell from his body language when he is asked that question. And since he is asked that question over and over and over and over again, the "compliment novelty" of it appears to have gotten old with him on this one. He appears to answer all other questions really well though I really wish he would be asked other questions, I've actually stopped reading his articles cause it's always the same questions, same answers..... I'll wait til his gig reviews to beging reading them so we can get "fresh MIKA q&a's".

Manny

**always rocking**

Early days for him Manny , hes bound to be held in high status , Freddie had a unique voice and Mika can match that (a true talent and one that doesnt come along very often) , once the album comes out he will achieve his own identity but for now being the new Mr Mercury wont do him any harm! :wheelchair:

Freddie is Freddie and Mika is Mika, both have a unique style and thats the way it should be. That said, if he does do a collaboration with Queen, hopefully it will be a new song that will have both their unique stamp on it.

• 3 months later...
Bump !! :biggrin2:

Thanks, haven't seen this one yet!

I think he could do a cover of a Queen song, but much later in his career, when all Freddie comparisons have faded away and he established himself strongly as Mika and nobody else.

I would love to hear it, as Mika is one of very few artists out there who actually can do justice Freddies's song and it would be shame to waist the opportunity.

Just my humble opinion.

I think he could definitely do almost any Queen song justice, and sing circles around George Michael. (who was absolutely horrid imho singing Queen's music) But Mika needs to establish himself in his own style right now. Perhaps in a few years he'd consider it. If he did, I personally would be over the moon!

i'm a big fan of queen and freddie, but i belive that mika should develop his own style now. maybe later,when he will be a megastar, in concerts he could do a medley of queen songs just foer entertaining and for earning more fans or a colaboration with former members. but not now. will be a wrong move on the music stage.

I think he could definitely do almost any Queen song justice, and sing circles around George Michael. (who was absolutely horrid imho singing Queen's music) But Mika needs to establish himself in his own style right now. Perhaps in a few years he'd consider it. If he did, I personally would be over the moon!

I did not want to join in this thread as I agreed with everyone: Mika needs to wait before covering any Queen songs as the continuous comparisons with FREDDIE annoy a lot of Queen fans who have no ears to hear that it is all genuine.

Anyway, the reason why I decided to join this conversation is to state that in my opinion George Michael did a brilliant cover version of Somebody to Love at the FM Tribute - it was perfect and of CD quality - and however much some people might hate him or disagree with his ways, you cannot take that away from him.:sneaky2:

who thinks that mika should do a queen song cover because for years now no one has had a good enough voice to pull it off and now mika is here he has such a good voice and it would be magic to here a queen song again

I think he shouldn't because to me he seems to be quite annoyed already by that everlasting comparison - aaand I don't want him to become IDENTITY MAD! :biggrin2: