Important Questions for you lot...

Sunny Monkey

I was already wondering how on earth you managed to keep this thing running, I have a forum like this one with half as many members and that one is crashing frequently :eek: I would have no problems at all with paying to be a member here (wow I must really like the place:shocked: ) as I know very well that it will be fairly expensive to keep it running when more people join and search around like maniacs not to miss anything (:fisch: )...I have never seen a forum this well kept and updated before, so please keep up the good work and send the bill to us :mf_rosetinted:

Perfect. I agree.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, after having slept on this I am thinking

1) Large ads for guests

2) Small ads for registered members (as you currently are)

3) No ads and a load of extra features and bits for paid VIPs

Your thoughts please :)

Sunny

That would be great. Sleeping is gooood:naughty:

What is ad short for? is it adverts, maybe, what ever i am assuming it is something that we dont like/want! If ads then good idea, as long as there are lots of ads in particular for joining the VIP section, saying how fab it is and advertising all the unmissable extras...to get their VIP fee.

Good to send badge out on payment like you already said and have really big big ad for that.

Another good thing, which is a bit sneaky :sneaky2: is to make the guest/reg guests stand out as not 100% fans, so that all the die hard fans know they are not paying their way!! So they feel they are not really part of the community until they are VIPs, I dont mean something horrible. Maybe to use advatar and own name(instead of allocated one)you need to be VIP, also maximise the visible difference between reg and VIP users, so that they have the desire and incentive to pay the little donation. When there is a really good topic in VIP area you could let them see the name of thread(under heading a VIP teaser) but not its content , he he heeeee...

For example REALLY obviously highlight 'gues/reg user' in big letters with ad 'click to join the VIP area' and

'VIP member; with slogan 'Mika VIP members are not permitted to disclose VIP infomation to non VIP users. This slogan should only be viewable to non VIP members.

Basically if they are not willing to help out with money then dont give them ANY privilidges! harsh but fair, and reward those who do , with loads and loads and loads :naughty:

Also might be worth having a Forum vision....so expalin like you have so well to us that you would rather run the site for free but due to costs and time pressure you can only keep the site running with a negliable fee from devoted fans...say what you want to achieve and hint at the extras.....etc..

sorry go on a bit again..havent heard back from lawyer m8 yet..will let you know when do, everyone else makes 'unofficial' merchandise for bands so i dont see why you cant, prob need to put on it that it is unofficial but then could put 100% Mika fan, 100& unconventional 100% unoffical merchandise, in small letter across the back of neck of tshirt or where ever... :thumb_yello:

Hmmm although I would think it fine to encourage people to pay and all, I don't think it's that cool to make a big difference between paying members and others, we do want people to join this community don't we? Some people might not be able to afford to pay, but that doesn't make them less "worthy" to be Mika fans does it? Also keep in mind that people under 18 might have to ask their parents to do the payment, I would have found that incredibly uncool when I was 16 :eek: I mean if it is possible to have both paying members and people who use it for free on the same site then it would of course be cool with some special features for those of us who pay, but I just don't like that whole we are more worthy than you thing :thumbdown:

I think the idea with ads for those who don't pay was really cool, then we could still be equal members even if some of us pay and others don't :mf_rosetinted:

Hiya!

Yup Would pay!!

I paid £25.00 to join Robbie Williams fan club!!! -okay it was just to get first pick on tickets but that site is c**p nothing changes for ages. So use the PureRobbie forum which is stax better and free! Don`t bother now as he is in rehab - no news going on there and my RobbieHobby is now MikaMadness!!

Although don`t always post I like to be nosey and read what others have opinions on.

Just had a thought(mmm..dangerous- I`m blonde!) someone on this site must know Mika maybey he would help you out? Now he is minted I am sure if you get stoney broke he would feel sorry for you and it could be a Thank You for all of your hard work! Don`t worry though sure most will pay you for your services-Ohh err!!!

Badges, signed things and competitions seem a good idea.

The record company usually give away heaps of free promo stuff. If anyone works for the record company(you just never know who is typing away!) ask for freebies. Shy children don`t get lollipops!!

Please excuse my sentence structure and grammar as I am tired (I suffer with ME) so fingers and thumbs do not seem to connect well with keyboards!!

Love to you all you lovely bunch!

xx

Don't worry, I will not be making things THAT different for people. It will mainly revolve around ads and status along with the newsletters and freebies.

Think of it this way. The site will remain as is with a sprinkle of adverts.

For those that pay, they will get a few extras, no adverts, and have the warm feeling of helping out :) I will never force anyone to pay for what we already have as its too great to miss out on! :)

Dave