Message to MIKA fans from Ratatattag

daisylou

seriously, these mika fans are pretty intense and they're all in their late 30s, interesting, it's nice you're so protective though, you must be getting maternal, haha.

I thought the adverse reaction to mika was quite amusing and most of it seems to be tongue in cheek. Yes mika had a no.1 album and single, but being in that position you have to expect to be ridiculed, it's healthy, it's called rebellion, don't take it so personally. This was never attack on his music anyway, i really couldn't give a crap about that.

I don't really see why you're attacking our music, it's quite obvious that anyone who has a passion for mika's music isn't going to have any interest in the music we make, or probably even understand what the hell it is we're trying to do, it's a completely different thing entirely. I'm not a big fan of mika's camp jaunty cabaret (obviously from record sales i'm in the minority) but each to their own, i make the kind of music I love and do it well and have no desire to change that to sell a few more records and desperately attempt to scale the charts (before you start bitching about this comment i'm not saying mika is doing that, i know nothing about the guy and for all I know he is very passionate about his music it just not my 'bag').

And you're right rosetttes we're quite common promotional tools in the 70s, although silk scarves were more popular for bands (which is also a good idea) but the point was that the idea was taken from us, in the same year that we came up with the idea 30 years since anyone else did it (other than policians and gymkhana prizes) not from Gary Glitter.

Anyway, all this squabling is all essentially pointless and was never supposed to be this long and drawn out, it's starting to get rather boring and I'd much rather read something amusing/interesting (and who knows maybe even something thought provoking) when I log into this page. Let's dispense with the "nerr nerr nerr nerrrrr", i'm guilty of that too I know, but I thought it was funny, mika's fans obviously don't agree :)

I think it's healthy to be able to criticise the person dominating our charts, and i'm quite happy for our fans to call him a 'dickhead' or whatever, if people didn't criticise the things they didn't like in mainstream media nothing would ever change, just try not to take it so seriously, "it is all just pop music after all" (cheesy quote of the day)

x

Posted by Ratattagg On Sunday, March 11, 2007 at 8:40 PM

Controversy over! He obviously realises he can't win were MIKA fans are concerned!! Good he replied though and so eloquently compared to his fans!!

Let MIKA and his rosettes live!! LOL xx

xx

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There was a controversy about Ratatattag saying that their former management (who now manage MIKA) came to one of their gigs and stole the idea of using rosettes as a promotion gimick.You can read the full thing on the thread OMG.

Mika changed his Secret Society logo by retracting the rossette so a few of us left disgruntled posts on their site. Their fans were disgusting threatening Mika fans etc. so have sent a reply to this and that is it we stood proud by MIKA and won the battle!!

xx

Exactly Freddie,plenty of younglings here. But I guess they don't vist here really :wink2:.

The message is bad enough but they need to get the facts straight , here (I cant remember the exact number) , its 70% younglings??? , we done a poll on it .

70% younglings on the forum , in total 96% women , all stunningly beautiful .. maybe somebodys jealous !!!! :roftl: :roftl: :thumb_yello:

Personnally i think this is a nice reply, and repectful. Alot of his points r good.When I read though the threads yesterday I think I have more problems with the nasty comments "fans" had written!! very nasty ppl..... I agree wot Sunny said on the other thread its all best left now. We are very different ppl. with very different views, its what makes the world go round!! Well done daisylou, hopefully uv ended this awful sitution. xxxx

Personnally i think this is a nice reply, and repectful. Alot of his points r good.When I read though the threads yesterday I think I have more problems with the nasty comments "fans" had written!! very nasty ppl..... I agree wot Sunny said on the other thread its all best left now. We are very different ppl. with very different views, its what makes the world go round!! Well done daisylou, hopefully uv ended this awful sitution. xxxx

Really ?? . I think its really sarcastic

Well, as FREDDIE says, it sure is sarcastic.. But I don't think it's like that all the way.

But they insulted me! I'm not 30!

.. Praise Nicole.. You said something very wise!

Mayb it was just their way, 2 b honest i'm really sarcastic in "real life" its just the way i am!! but writing things down is harder, u have 2 watch how u come across. i honestly think it was a nice reponse but its ok cos im not gonna become a fan!! LOL i much prefer the nicer more friendlier ppl. in here!!!:thumb_yello: xxxxx

You're right it is sarcastic in places; but it's done with charm. I think the main messages is: each to their own- they don't really care about Mika's music and admit lack of knowledge- but the same can be said of us...Rattata (too many ta's) keep rocking Mika will!!

Theyre trying to justify what they did now...

And i dont think the reason they stated is a good enough one!

They know theyre messing with the wrong people...

And hell, its probably just a publicity stunt anyway. I bet the veiws and plays on their myspace has doubled since the outrage.... :naughty:

Theyre trying to justify what they did now...

And i dont think the reason they stated is a good enough one!

They know theyre messing with the wrong people...

And hell, its probably just a publicity stunt anyway. I bet the veiws and plays on their myspace has doubled since the outrage.... :naughty:

Perfect , the reason they stated isnt good enough , they can have a blast from the olderlings now , late 30s indead!!! how very dare they!

:shocked: