Mika Implies Grace Kelly's Subject is Cowell???

Found it here---http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf/article/mika%20implies%20grace%20kellys%20subject%20is%20cowell_1027701

MIKA IMPLIES GRACE KELLY'S SUBJECT IS COWELL

Pop sensation MIKA has fuelled speculation his debut single GRACE KELLY was written about music mogul SIMON COWELL. Mika struggled to get a record deal and was rejected until he was signed in a collaboration deal between Universal Motown and Island. He recently revealed he was snubbed by Cowell, before landing a record deal. Since then his career has taken off, with a UK number one debut single and debut album LIFE IN CARTOON MOTION. Since Grace Kelly topped the charts, it has been rumoured the song is a veiled attack on Cowell, with the lyrics "Why don't you like me, why don't you like me without making me try?" Mika refused to confirm the rumours, but hints, "He said my songs weren't very good and I wasn't a songwriter." A Universal source adds, "No one knows for sure who the track is about; however there has been a rumour for a while it is Simon Cowell." Cowell, on being questioned about the meeting with Mika, says, "Do you know what, I don't even remember meeting him."

10/04/2007 18:12

What do you think?? I don't really think it was about Simon, didn't he meet Simon when he was younger? I don't think Mika wrote Grace Kelly that long before he got his record deal.. not sure though.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Found it here---http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf/article/mika%20implies%20grace%20kellys%20subject%20is%20cowell_1027701

MIKA IMPLIES GRACE KELLY'S SUBJECT IS COWELL

Pop sensation MIKA has fuelled speculation his debut single GRACE KELLY was written about music mogul SIMON COWELL. Mika struggled to get a record deal and was rejected until he was signed in a collaboration deal between Universal Motown and Island. He recently revealed he was snubbed by Cowell, before landing a record deal. Since then his career has taken off, with a UK number one debut single and debut album LIFE IN CARTOON MOTION. Since Grace Kelly topped the charts, it has been rumoured the song is a veiled attack on Cowell, with the lyrics "Why don't you like me, why don't you like me without making me try?" Mika refused to confirm the rumours, but hints, "He said my songs weren't very good and I wasn't a songwriter." A Universal source adds, "No one knows for sure who the track is about; however there has been a rumour for a while it is Simon Cowell." Cowell, on being questioned about the meeting with Mika, says, "Do you know what, I don't even remember meeting him."

10/04/2007 18:12

What do you think?? I don't really think it was about Simon, didn't he meet Simon when he was younger? I don't think Mika wrote Grace Kelly that long before he got his record deal.. not sure though.

Cowell doesn't remember meeting him? Ball. Mika said that he met up with Simon again recently and Simon congratulated him.

I thought Mika has said that the record company that 'inspired' Grace Kelly was a big name company. Did Simon Cowell work for a big name company before he was famous (I 've read he was a music producer but I thought he worked independantly?)

Also Cowell doesn't remember meeting Mika? ... but he met Mika at a party and congragulated him on his success. I thought that implied he remembered Mika:confused:

CazGirl I just saw what you wrote about them meeting lol...

Ruubbiiiiiish!!:roftl:

Mika met with a lot of music companies.

He was asked about Cowell so he spoke about him. He didn't hint at anything...

However, Cowell's great at self-promotion, and if it isn't the media going on a limb with this one (like they often do), the whole thing probably originates from him, to get publicity and to get back at Mika for slamming him in the Attitude interview (Teletubbies... lol :P Guy'll do anything for $!)

But the whole thing backfires beauuuutifully lol - "I don't even remember meeting him" he doesn't realize what this means for his reputation - here's a guy whose job is to make money developing promising singers and he can't recognize a hugely lucrative Chart-topping star talent? Can't even remember him?

Ouch...

I saw this in this weeks edition of Heat magazine, who got it from Attitude (who's interview was perfectly clear) Again someone else taking a part of something and making it something it's not. For instance, how do they know he "cattily said" the part about seeing the Teletubbies gold disc behind Simons desk,, which made him think that Simon probably wasn't the man he should be working with, were they there? I don't think so.

Mika actually talked about this before in an interview just after Christmas, and no one brought up anything about a feud with Simon then. Could it be that just because X Factor is just around the corner, and Grace Kelly is sure to be quite a few peoples choice to use as an audition piece, the tabloid press are trying to fabricate some sort of feud to get their sales up.

They tried it with Mika and Take That- didn't work

They tried it with Mika and The Scissor Sisters- didn't work

Now they're trying it with Simon Cowell, and I'm pretty sure of the outcome-

IT WON'T WORK!

hmm well, mika was on hit machine the other day, it's a french tv show, and he perfomed relax and then the guest was one of the jurys for the french idol show, and he was asked what he thought of mika, and he said he absolutely loved him. i thought that was funny because his sort of our french simon cowell lol

isn't it ironic...

The media likes to make fights up, they also like to stir up fans, Of course cowell's gonna say he doesnt remember him, that's the kind of guy he is!...When presented with westlife he told louis walsh to get rid of shane, louis simply got shane to dye his hair blonde, the reauditioned and he fell for it, infact he said he loved the new blonde guy and was glad they'd got rid of the other lad! Simon's a tool.. lol

I thought Mika has said that the record company that 'inspired' Grace Kelly was a big name company. Did Simon Cowell work for a big name company before he was famous (I 've read he was a music producer but I thought he worked independantly?)

Simon is still an A&R rep for Sony BMG.

The media likes to make fights up, they also like to stir up fans, Of course cowell's gonna say he doesnt remember him, that's the kind of guy he is!...When presented with westlife he told louis walsh to get rid of shane, louis simply got shane to dye his hair blonde, the reauditioned and he fell for it, infact he said he loved the new blonde guy and was glad they'd got rid of the other lad! Simon's a tool.. lol

I agree totally with you..the media and \Mika...I wonder who'll get the better....our man of course!!!!