Help With Love Today Feature!

tamika

hi all. i will be helping hit40uk make a feature on "Love Today" and LiCM this Thursday, 19.04.07.:woot_jump: . i am so excited that i dont even know what to say in the 5 minutes allocated. Any one got ideas? get back to me quick!

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You'll be talking about "Love Today"?? Well, if so, just let yourself go, let your feelings go, tell everyone what this song means to you and what it's about, and how it sounds, and what kind of associations it brings to your mind.

ok here is the original message

Hi Thandi,

You recently posted a comment about Mika on our hit40uk Messageboard, and I was wondering if you'd be interested in helping make a feature on his song 'Grace Kelly'.

All I would need to do is record you talking about the song over the phone and will only take about 5mins or so.

It would be a massive help, and we'd need to do it by tomorrow afternoon if possible.

Please let me know if you're interested,

Stephanie

and the latest one.

Thanks for that thandi, I'll be in touch Thursday afternoon.

In the meantime just a have a think about what you'd like to say about Mika and his new single 'Love Today' - as that will be the song we make the feature on.

Maybe even something about the album (if you have it), or even if you've seen or are going to see him live at any point.

Stephanie.

hope this helps.

ok here is the original message

Hi Thandi,

You recently posted a comment about Mika on our hit40uk Messageboard, and I was wondering if you'd be interested in helping make a feature on his song 'Grace Kelly'.

All I would need to do is record you talking about the song over the phone and will only take about 5mins or so.

It would be a massive help, and we'd need to do it by tomorrow afternoon if possible.

Please let me know if you're interested,

Stephanie

and the latest one.

Thanks for that thandi, I'll be in touch Thursday afternoon.

In the meantime just a have a think about what you'd like to say about Mika and his new single 'Love Today' - as that will be the song we make the feature on.

Maybe even something about the album (if you have it), or even if you've seen or are going to see him live at any point.

Stephanie.

hope this helps.

Wow!! How fab is that?!!!!!

Just 5 mins though?!!!!!!!! How could they ask a Mika fan to talk about LT or LICM for ONLY 5 mins?!!! :shocked:

My advice would be to take your time.

Forget the time limit!! Put a few bullet points down to remind of topics you want to cover. Write your speech out but don't read it out on air as it will sound really false.

Apart from that sit down,smile and take a deep breath!!

Good luck!!

xx

Wow!! How fab is that?!!!!!

Just 5 mins though?!!!!!!!! How could they ask a Mika fan to talk about LT or LICM for ONLY 5 mins?!!! :shocked:

Or talk about anything related to Mika in a mere 5 minutes!

For goodness sake, they are talking to MFC members here, the people who can write 100 page threads on his body hair and underpants. :naughty:

Now i got it:thumb_yello: Wow, this is so cool!! well done!!

i agree with the others have said: you should talk about the way that the song (and even the album) makes you feel. Have you been to any of his gig btw? you could tell how great he is on the stage, i mean how much of himself he puts on the stage, how he gives his soul to the audience...just my thoughts:bleh:

Hi Tamika, just wondering how you got on with this? :)

I didnt get to do it unfortunately. :sneaky2: I ran from college at 12:30 to catch the bus home and wait for the call. Its quite a walk from where the bus drops me to my place but I made the journey in record time. I was by the phone from 1:10 and didnt even bother to take my bag upstairs in case the call came.(silly me). The lady had said she would call in the afternoon and I waited for hours but the call never came:mad3: .

She hadnt yet called when it struck 6:00 I gave up hope:emot-sad: , went upstairs and put on LiCM to cheer myself. The lady called at 6:10 on my mobile telling me how they had moved studios and things couldnt go on as planned. She asked me to do it the following day(today) through somebody else's studio. I said I couldnt because friday is my worst packed day at college with classes from 08:30am-05:30pm. The interview has now been rescheduled for tuesday or thursday next week.:wink2:

I didnt get to do it unfortunately. :sneaky2: I ran from college at 12:30 to catch the bus home and wait for the call. Its quite a walk from where the bus drops me to my place but I made the journey in record time. I was by the phone from 1:10 and didnt even bother to take my bag upstairs in case the call came.(silly me). The lady had said she would call in the afternoon and I waited for hours but the call never came:mad3: .

She hadnt yet called when it struck 6:00 I gave up hope:emot-sad: , went upstairs and put on LiCM to cheer myself. The lady called at 6:10 on my mobile telling me how they had moved studios and things couldnt go on as planned. She asked me to do it the following day(today) through somebody else's studio. I said I couldnt because friday is my worst packed day at college with classes from 08:30am-05:30pm. The interview has now been rescheduled for tuesday or thursday next week.:wink2:

Let us know how it goes! And good luck!:thumb_yello: