The Canadian Thread

sunshine931

*sigh* No, Mika wasn't on the countdown at all. I watched the whole thing.:thumbdown:

I don't understand why the LT vid has not been released yet... the song's been playing on the radio for a few weeks now... why not on tv ?

I really wish Saskatchewan wasn't so behind the rest of the country....I haven't heard Love Today on the radio at all (although, I don't really listen to the radio because they play the same songs over and over here). I bet it will be the end of June or something rediculous before they start playing Love Today:bleh:

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

ya i watch the music channel every day to see if love today is on the TV yet and it never is:( its so annoying. I love that video

I know. The Youtube version is so fuzzy and blurry (I've even tried putting on my glasses:biggrin2: , and it makes no difference). I watched a little clip of the video from iTunes UK and it was so clear!!! When will it come to Canada!!!:mad3:

I know. The Youtube version is so fuzzy and blurry (I've even tried putting on my glasses:biggrin2: , and it makes no difference). I watched a little clip of the video from iTunes UK and it was so clear!!! When will it come to Canada!!!:mad3:

it better be soon !!!!!

or else.

I just noticed the thread today! Yaaay - finally!

When I submitted my first post on MFC in November, I asked if there were any other Canadians who knew about MIKA, I don't remember getting too many replies. So I'm really happy to see this new Canadian thread 7 months later.

I saw MIKA at the MOD club in Toronto in March and I'm disappointed that no other Canadian stops have been announced again after that :tears:

BUT...I do have tickets to the CHICAGO concert in June!:woot_jump:

I don't think I heard about MIKA until at least December or January. I didn't come to MFC until after the Toronto show.

I'm also terribly disappointed that he's not coming again. I wanted to take a friend of mine because after seeing him at the Mod I know she'll enjoy it.

I heart the Mont-Royal so much... not very high but it's our own little small mountain !

Those are pics I took on the Mont-Royal last summer with my little cousins

P8140184.jpg

P8140186.jpg

P8140187.jpg

Hi Again !!!

Do I ever know that view! I only spent the first 22 years of my life there! Such a beautiful city - those pictures are gorgeous - even managing to make me a little homesick, which is quite amazing!

I also like your Mika quote - I heard him say that in the interview after the Club Soda gig - man! that must've been quite the show!!!

I don't know about you but I'm finding it harder and harder lately with all the buzz of the European and American fans getting excited about upcoming concerts, while we have NONE slated. It kind of pisses me off a bit, to say the least. Just envious, not angry at any of them, of course. But I don't think it's humanly possible for Mika to be overextending himself any more than he already is. Do not wanna see the poor guy burn out!

I also wish they would release the Love Today video here as well. I've been checking i-tunes every week since it's release. They were selling it in the U.K. i-tunes right away, same with the new single. I dunno - I sometimes feel like we just dropped off the face of the map..... :blink:

Even more reason for us to stick together .....

Hi Again !!!

I don't know about you but I'm finding it harder and harder lately with all the buzz of the European and American fans getting excited about upcoming concerts, while we have NONE slated. It kind of pisses me off a bit, to say the least. Just envious, not angry at any of them, of course. But I don't think it's humanly possible for Mika to be overextending himself any more than he already is. Do not wanna see the poor guy burn out!

I think it's great that everyone is experiencing his shows, but I just assumed that he would come back to TO and Montréal for this US tour. MuchMusic and MTV studios are in Toronto and I would imagine the French press gives him a lot of attention in Montréal because he's fluent.

If I hadn't assumed he was coming I don't think I would be so disappointed. Would have just expected to catch him on the next go around for his second album.

I am very grateful that he came to Toronto when he did though. I'll never get to see him in a club that small again. I'm surprised that someone said one of the US dates is not selling well. I think he would easily sell out a venue twice the size he last played in Toronto if he came back in June. $15 tickets were being scalped for $100 outside the Mod Club.

I think it's great that everyone is experiencing his shows, but I just assumed that he would come back to TO and Montréal for this US tour. MuchMusic and MTV studios are in Toronto and I would imagine the French press gives him a lot of attention in Montréal because he's fluent.

If I hadn't assumed he was coming I don't think I would be so disappointed. Would have just expected to catch him on the next go around for his second album.

I am very grateful that he came to Toronto when he did though. I'll never get to see him in a club that small again. I'm surprised that someone said one of the US dates is not selling well. I think he would easily sell out a venue twice the size he last played in Toronto if he came back in June. $15 tickets were being scalped for $100 outside the Mod Club.

Just out of curiosity, which one of the U.S. dates is not selling well? To tell you the honest truth, and I have said this recently in another thread, I am surprised at how much better Mika is faring in Canada than in the U.S. For instance, if you go by the top 100 songs, Grace Kelly has been in the top 10 songs in Canada since it's release back in February. In the U.S. it has been down around 94!!!! Amazing but true! He is just not getting the kind of buzz there that he has here and in Europe. Maybe that will change in June when he does his tour there. That remains to be seen, I guess.

I was hoping he was going to perform at the Osheaga Festival in September but that looks like a no-go. Maybe something will materialize after that. Who knows? I guess we just have to wait and see.

i live by toronto. and i love it! :D

i live by the suburbs so the city is always accessible. i love it! it's got great shopping but also gorgeous parks and places to stroll around.

Have any of you been to the distillery district? it's out of this world. LITERALLY. it's mysterious and filled with lamplights and cobblestone streets. and it's smack in the middle of the city, yet seems so serene!

I joined MFC a month before the toronto concert...and that was my first one ever, so that was an awesome experience. Lana86 filled us all in on that! I agree with all of you who wrote about it. it was a cozy concert indeed.

Just out of curiosity, which one of the U.S. dates is not selling well? To tell you the honest truth, and I have said this recently in another thread, I am surprised at how much better Mika is faring in Canada than in the U.S. For instance, if you go by the top 100 songs, Grace Kelly has been in the top 10 songs in Canada since it's release back in February. In the U.S. it has been down around 94!!!! Amazing but true! He is just not getting the kind of buzz there that he has here and in Europe. Maybe that will change in June when he does his tour there. That remains to be seen, I guess.

I was hoping he was going to perform at the Osheaga Festival in September but that looks like a no-go. Maybe something will materialize after that. Who knows? I guess we just have to wait and see.

I don't remember which date wasn't selling well. Someone mentioned it somewhere in the forum but I wasn't able to find it again.

I'm not surprised he's not doing as well in the US. The US seems very insular when it comes to music and a lot of British artists aren't having the kind of success they have in Europe. Even the Scissor Sisters haven't had the same mainstream success and they're American.

In the beginning it's advantageous because you can see them in small clubs. But I worry that someone like Mika is going to become a worldwide superstar and if he's not doing well in the US he simply won't waste his time coming back. Robbie Williams hasn't been to North America in 10 years because he can't get a job flipping burgers in the US. When he can break world records selling out European and Asian tours in a matter of hours, why would he bother?

I didn't realize the Osheaga Festival wasn't confirmed. I'd already bought tickets to see Paolo Nutini and Amy Winehouse at the Virgin Festival that weekend so I can't go anyway.

Are you in Montreal? Weren't you able to go to his last show?

i live by toronto. and i love it! :D

Have any of you been to the distillery district? it's out of this world. LITERALLY. it's mysterious and filled with lamplights and cobblestone streets. and it's smack in the middle of the city, yet seems so serene!

I joined MFC a month before the toronto concert...and that was my first one ever, so that was an awesome experience. Lana86 filled us all in on that! I agree with all of you who wrote about it. it was a cozy concert indeed.

I live within walking distance of the Distillery District. I love the art galleries there. I considered buying one of the condos on the site but it's just a bit too far from my work to walk comfortably in the winter.

There's a group on Facebook for people who were at the Mod Club show.

I'm going to leave tuesday at 11hr15pm sleep on the bus and arrived at boston at 6hr30 in the morning go to the hotel and going to the venue (the gig is wednesday night and I live thursday at 10hr00 in the morning

Natie

I don't remember which date wasn't selling well. Someone mentioned it somewhere in the forum but I wasn't able to find it again.

I'm not surprised he's not doing as well in the US. The US seems very insular when it comes to music and a lot of British artists aren't having the kind of success they have in Europe. Even the Scissor Sisters haven't had the same mainstream success and they're American.

In the beginning it's advantageous because you can see them in small clubs. But I worry that someone like Mika is going to become a worldwide superstar and if he's not doing well in the US he simply won't waste his time coming back. Robbie Williams hasn't been to North America in 10 years because he can't get a job flipping burgers in the US. When he can break world records selling out European and Asian tours in a matter of hours, why would he bother?

I didn't realize the Osheaga Festival wasn't confirmed. I'd already bought tickets to see Paolo Nutini and Amy Winehouse at the Virgin Festival that weekend so I can't go anyway.

Are you in Montreal? Weren't you able to go to his last show?

No, I'm not in Montreal, I'm in Vancouver, B.C. - was born in Montreal but that was when dinosaurs roamed the earth! Wish I could've gone to the Club Soda gig - I hear it was historic - even Mika said so! :punk:

About Osheago - yeah, I checked with their website a couple of weeks ago - he was not confirmed to perform but they said something to the effect of "but anything's possible". Well, I won't hold my breath.... :boxed:

Oh Natie I wish I lived closer so I could go with you. To take a train from Toronto and then a bus to Boston and back sounds as brutal as my flight from Johannesburg to Toronto via Amsterdam!

I'm tempted to fly to Boston though. It would be a lot of fun to see the show with some real Mika fans.

No, I'm not in Montreal, I'm in Vancouver, B.C. - was born in Montreal but that was when dinosaurs roamed the earth! Wish I could've gone to the Club Soda gig - I hear it was historic - even Mika said so! :punk:

About Osheago - yeah, I checked with their website a couple of weeks ago - he was not confirmed to perform but they said something to the effect of "but anything's possible". Well, I won't hold my breath.... :boxed:

Wouldn't it be easier to go to a west coast US gig? Or do you just want to spend some time in Montreal? I would take another gig over a festival because he won't be on stage very long during the festival and it's just not the same atmosphere.

Oh Natie I wish I lived closer so I could go with you. To take a train from Toronto and then a bus to Boston and back sounds as brutal as my flight from Johannesburg to Toronto via Amsterdam!

I'm tempted to fly to Boston though. It would be a lot of fun to see the show with some real Mika fans.

It would be fun if you can go !I know another mika fan who is gonna flight from Toronto and join me at the venue!!!

a bunch of canadian fan!!!That would be nice!

Natie x

Wouldn't it be easier to go to a west coast US gig? Or do you just want to spend some time in Montreal? I would take another gig over a festival because he won't be on stage very long during the festival and it's just not the same atmosphere.

Actually it's probably much better if I did see him on the West Coast. The only thing is that I don't have a passport (yet) and it is a major hassle to get one now! But I guess I just gotta bite the bullet and get myself down to the waiting line and get that illusive document. It's not that I'm lazy, it's just that I've been horribly sick forever and it was a major effort to do anything. Believe me, it's high on my "To-Do list".

Oh it's so tempting! Flights are very expensive though. I can afford it, but it just seems so crazy. I mean if he comes back to Toronto I'll probably be able to walk to the venue. To fly all the way to Boston seems a bit insane :insane: