• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

heelll yeahhh !! im the coolest :bleh:

okkaaayyy , ill go vootteeee :naughty:

but but i dont know if im gonna be able to watch it tomorrow morning @ 8 !

cause i NEED to get ready :mf_rosetinted:

but but maybe WHILE im getting ready i can listen ! hahaah thats genius :biggrin2:

hi canadians! i'm posting in the middle of your sleep and i know that noone will post in reply, but, all i want to say is that, as i probably posted here already, i'll be in yr country next august, driving from west to east with my family.

i'd strongly like to meet some of you if possible. If you like to, pls. pm me and i'll tell you when and where i'll be.

start the new day with a big smile! ciao!

hi canadians! i'm posting in the middle of your sleep and i know that noone will post in reply, but, all i want to say is that, as i probably posted here already, i'll be in yr country next august, driving from west to east with my family.

i'd strongly like to meet some of you if possible. If you like to, pls. pm me and i'll tell you when and where i'll be.

that's cool! but I'm not in Canada, not at all :naughty:

Okay. exams are seriously starting to stress me out.. let me explain.

okay, well im in grade 8 and we are in the "réforme", where they test out all these things on us, before all the grades after us.(im pretty thats what it is! but if its not tell me lol) basically, we are test subjects, guinea pigs, whatever. so we have this new things called a "bilan de cycle". its this huge exam thats lasts more than one period(about four different classes), and it grades us in each subject, not only this year, but grade 7 too! so its like an overall grade. And the teachers are telling us how it takes off loads of stress, how its so much easier than having an exam period(as in, we get a new schedule, show up at school when we have exams)well its not true at all! last year it was way more easy going then this year. we'd study for the exam,and then take it.

this year, we dont have so study, but they expect us to know all of these things! we have to do all kinds of research (and im talking hours! i was searching on the net for info from llike 6-9 last night, and 6:30 AM till 7:45AM this morning!! i barely got any sleep) and its realllly stressful. when you get to the exam, you think you have all the information, and you dont! so then you end up not finishing it,panicking, and you have to do even more research for the next time.

its really hard, and the only one we have done so far was the one for geographie!!

next we have math, english and..... HISTORY.

did i mention if we fail any one of these, we have to stay in grade 8!!!!!

they dont even make you go in a lower level (excellence to regulier, regulier to effectif reduit... sorry i dont know the words in english).. they hold you back!

sorry for complaining, i DOUBT anyone will read all of this, but yea... i had to get it off my chest. im really stressed out. im never like this! im usually so happy and energetic! ive been so like, moppy and tiered lately...

p.s.: im sure half of this didnt even make sense.. haha

Hello, fellow Canucks!

I just have a question about those who saw Mika at the Mod Club. Since it is a club, did you have to be 19 or over to get in? I was just curious, because I would love love looooove to see him live, but it would suck if he was only playing at a club like that, and I couldn't get in. :thumbdown:

Thanks!

okay, well im in grade 8 and we are in the "réforme", where they test out all these things on us, before all the grades after us.(im pretty thats what it is! but if its not tell me lol) basically, we are test subjects, guinea pigs, whatever. so we have this new things called a "bilan de cycle". its this huge exam thats lasts more than one period(about four different classes), and it grades us in each subject, not only this year, but grade 7 too! so its like an overall grade. And the teachers are telling us how it takes off loads of stress, how its so much easier than having an exam period(as in, we get a new schedule, show up at school when we have exams)well its not true at all! last year it was way more easy going then this year. we'd study for the exam,and then take it.

this year, we dont have so study, but they expect us to know all of these things! we have to do all kinds of research (and im talking hours! i was searching on the net for info from llike 6-9 last night, and 6:30 AM till 7:45AM this morning!! i barely got any sleep) and its realllly stressful. when you get to the exam, you think you have all the information, and you dont! so then you end up not finishing it,panicking, and you have to do even more research for the next time.

its really hard, and the only one we have done so far was the one for geographie!!

they dont even make you go in a lower level (excellence to regulier, regulier to effectif reduit... sorry i dont know the words in english).. they hold you back!

sorry for complaining, i DOUBT anyone will read all of this, but yea... i had to get it off my chest. im really stressed out. im never like this! im usually so happy and energetic! ive been so like, moppy and tiered lately...

Oh, I hear you loud and clear! When I did my university degree (Bachelor of Social Work) we had to read 500 pages a week - along with a full load of other subjects plus a practicum (like working one day a week in a community center or a hospital, etc.) My 3rd year was in a community center, 4th year in a hospital. At the time I was married and a stepmother to 5 - yes, count 'em - 5 kids - I used to say 6 - my ex-husband being the 6th kid. He was majorly abusive, I ended up leaving him a few years later. Man! The workload was unbelievable. But y'know, you do what y'gotta do - you'll get through it - not to worry! When you want something badly enough nothing gets in the way of your goals! Hey Look at Mika! :thumb_yello:

Oh, I hear you loud and clear! When I did my university degree (Bachelor of Social Work) we had to read 500 pages a week - along with a full load of other subjects plus a practicum (like working one day a week in a community center or a hospital, etc.) My 3rd year was in a community center, 4th year in a hospital. At the time I was married and a stepmother to 5 - yes, count 'em - 5 kids - I used to say 6 - my ex-husband being the 6th kid. He was majorly abusive, I ended up leaving him a few years later. Man! The workload was unbelievable. But y'know, you do what y'gotta do - you'll get through it - not to worry! When you want something badly enough nothing gets in the way of your goals! Hey Look at Mika! :thumb_yello:

Im glad someone went through the same thing as me,sometimes i feel alone lol. thanks for the advice, made me happier! lol

Im glad someone went through the same thing as me,sometimes i feel alone lol. thanks for the advice, made me happier! lol

ANYTIME KIDDO!!! If you ever want to vent you can PM me - I went through heaven and hell - mostly hell - and I'm the best listener! Hang in there! :thumb_yello:

Sorry guys, I'm too tired to read all the posts,

but any other Vancouverites out there? I've traveled all over Canada,

and either Montreal or Vancouver would be my picks to live in!

Montreal is edgy and cool, but Vancouver has better weather in the

winter and is just stunning!

Woot for Canada! Keep me posted about any gigs in the BC area

Welcome here !!!

Montréal is edgy and cool INDEED !!! Loooooooooooove it... even though the weather is pretty bad sometimes ! Oh well... it can't be perfect right ?

hiya! how were your victoria day weekends?

mine was fun. :D family visits and a fun time watching fireworks with friends. altho things DID get a bit out of hand when some teens starting shooting fireworks at each other's bumoley! :o yeowch!

hope you all had a good time.

I had a great time... mostly relaxed with my boyfriend... I'm still super tired from my end of term exams !

I shall PM you...

I feel youuuuuu !!!! I know exactly how you feel... and the réforme is absolutely stupid if you ask me !!! The thing is though you'll be more prepared for cégep and university cause lemme tell ya.... it's pretty hardcore !!!! (well depending on which program you choose... I didn't exactly pick the easiest one lol !!!)

Hello, fellow Canucks!

I just have a question about those who saw Mika at the Mod Club. Since it is a club, did you have to be 19 or over to get in? I was just curious, because I would love love looooove to see him live, but it would suck if he was only playing at a club like that, and I couldn't get in. :thumbdown:

Thanks!

It was an all ages show. They were checking ID when I walked in and I panicked because I hadn't brought my purse or anything with me.

First I thought "who are you kidding?" because I'm 38. Then I remembered it was an all ages show so they were just stamping hands of the over-19s so they would be permitted to buy alcohol at the bar. Everyone was allowed into the show.

It was an all ages show. They were checking ID when I walked in and I panicked because I hadn't brought my purse or anything with me.

First I thought "who are you kidding?" because I'm 38. Then I remembered it was an all ages show so they were just stamping hands of the over-19s so they would be permitted to buy alcohol at the bar. Everyone was allowed into the show.

Fabulous! Thanks! I was just really curious because I know that in my area, not allowing minors into these types of shows is the norm.

I feel youuuuuu !!!! I know exactly how you feel... and the réforme is absolutely stupid if you ask me !!! The thing is though you'll be more prepared for cégep and university cause lemme tell ya.... it's pretty hardcore !!!! (well depending on which program you choose... I didn't exactly pick the easiest one lol !!!)

I KNOW. like half of my teachers think the reforme is completly stupid. but i guess you do have a point about being prepared for cegep.. but i have like no idea what to expect... ahh but the whole geographie bilan de cycle is over with! next up mathhh ahhh

I KNOW. like half of my teachers think the reforme is completly stupid. but i guess you do have a point about being prepared for cegep.. but i have like no idea what to expect... ahh but the whole geographie bilan de cycle is over with! next up mathhh ahhh

well before I studied acturial science I studied to be a high school math teacher... so I had to deal with the réforme and trust me, it's completely bonkers !... well actually the réforme was not "en vigueur" at the time... so we were learning how to teach with the old program, knowing that like one year after we got out of university and started teaching, we would have to start again...

don't know if I make sense lol...

Okay, I don't know what kind of exams you are writing out east but there is nothing like that in Saskatchewan!!! We just have the usual finals at the end of every semester except in Grade 12 when we have to write exams prepared by Saskatchewan education. Those are not fun because they are standardized and some teachers feel certain things are more important than others. Most of my teachers were accredited so they could write their own exams which was nice. In fact, my Physics/Chemistry/Math teacher (I went to a really small high school) wrote his own textbooks. It was fun cuz he put our names in the textbook questions (they were pretty lame though).

I just want to say how happy I am with the radio DJ's in Saskatoon. Rob, Shauna and Rambling Dave (hilarious together if you ever get the chance to hear them on C95) played Grace Kelly the other morning. I woke up to it thinking "How can this day not be great?" I lay in bed until the song was done and then (here comes the good part)...all three of them Loooovvveeee Grace Kelly!!! They love how fun and upbeat it is and they commented on how great the ending is because it is unlike any other song!!! I had such a big smile on my face, I felt silly!!! So, when Love Today is finally released in Saskatchewan (we are soooo far behind everyone), I have no doubt that Mika will continue to have great airplay here!!!

Fabulous! Thanks! I was just really curious because I know that in my area, not allowing minors into these types of shows is the norm.

I was surprised because I went to see Paolo Nutini at the same club two weeks before and it was 19+ only. I'm not sure, but I'm guessing the artist has some say in this so I would expect Mika's next show to be all ages as well. I'm thinking he might play the Kool Haus next time and they often have all ages shows. Joss Stone is playing an all ages show there next Saturday.

I just want to say how happy I am with the radio DJ's in Saskatoon. Rob, Shauna and Rambling Dave (hilarious together if you ever get the chance to hear them on C95) played Grace Kelly the other morning. I woke up to it thinking "How can this day not be great?" I lay in bed until the song was done and then (here comes the good part)...all three of them Loooovvveeee Grace Kelly!!! They love how fun and upbeat it is and they commented on how great the ending is because it is unlike any other song!!! I had such a big smile on my face, I felt silly!!! So, when Love Today is finally released in Saskatchewan (we are soooo far behind everyone), I have no doubt that Mika will continue to have great airplay here!!!

That's so nice of them! When ever the radio DJ's play Love Today they always say how it goes with the nice weather something like: That was Love Today by Mika, such a great song to go with such a beautiful day, 23 degrees here in downtown montreal.. blah blah.

but its nice to know what they think about the songs.

I reallllllyyyy hope im not getting my hopes up.. BUT!

I was watching the MusiMax top 20 countdown last night, when i REALLY should have been sleeping, and they played Mika's video. Before it started playing, the announcer said " Our next clip on the top 20(something like that) is Mika's Grace Kelly. We are still awaiting confirmation for a North Amercian tour, set to debut in August... after hearing that i started shaking LOL

DOES THAT MEAN WHAT I THINK IT MEANSS!?