Mika @ Nokia Theater - New York City

Yoppappop

Amazing stories everybody!

Man, what's with the crowds lately? Maybe I shouldn't have been kidding about body armor.

Quite seriously, seems like the best idea is to go in one huuuuge MFC group. Then

a) you can all hang together so Jerry can spot you

b) you can occupy a piece of the floor all to yourselves so you can be protected fom the pushers.

Maybe the NY show just needed MORE pot.

ThatPinkSock, I really wanna see all your photos, but somehow they are not working for me? Am I the only one?

--Jack

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Amazing stories everybody!

Man, what's with the crowds lately? Maybe I shouldn't have been kidding about body armor.

Quite seriously, seems like the best idea is to go in one huuuuge MFC group. Then

a) you can all hang together so Jerry can spot you

b) you can occupy a piece of the floor all to yourselves so you can be protected fom the pushers.

Maybe the NY show just needed MORE pot.

ThatPinkSock, I really wanna see all your photos, but somehow they are not working for me? Am I the only one?

--Jack

Check out ThatPinkSock's picture trail link on the bottom of her post...all the pics are in there.

And I think I would have died if there was more pot. I could barely breathe with the amount that was there already! :wink2:

Check out ThatPinkSock's picture trail link on the bottom of her post...all the pics are in there.

And I think I would have died if there was more pot. I could barely breathe with the amount that was there already! :wink2:

the pot was horrible...and im almost done uploading my pics haha finally..its taken forever

the pot was horrible...and im almost done uploading my pics haha finally..its taken forever

Mika hates drugs! How could someone bring that inside. Grr..

My favorite substance right now is Mika sweat. Anyone have that bottled?

Mika hates drugs! How could someone bring that inside. Grr..

My favorite substance right now is Mika sweat. Anyone have that bottled?

we should have asked for that last night...btw everyone i put links to my pictures in the other thread, i have MANY of shirtless mika

Sorry I can't remember who posted this video but I was just wondering if that is a rose Mika is holding and then tears up during Grace Kelly? I can't tell very well, thanks .:blush-anim-cl::bleh:... and how did that happen if anyone remembers....

its my video, ye sits a rose, and idk how he go tit, im assuming someone threw it on stage, all i know is one second it wasnt there, then the next it was

http://s187.photobucket.com/albums/x195/jsksjs48/mika%20at%20nokia%20part%203/?action=view&current=MIKAATNOKIA282.jpg

he was signing my poster!!

the curly red hair is me!

thank you lovetoday

if ANYONE has pictures of him signing fans stuff, from last night, please send them to me, I'm hoping I can find one of him signing my poster.

i loveeeeee shirtless mika!!!!!!

btw i did enjoy the breakdancers, but wow, random.

haha i know what was that!

http://s187.photobucket.com/albums/x195/jsksjs48/mika%20at%20nokia%20part%203/?action=view&current=MIKAATNOKIA282.jpg

he was signing my poster!!

the curly red hair is me!

thank you lovetoday

if ANYONE has pictures of him signing fans stuff, from last night, please send them to me, I'm hoping I can find one of him signing my poster.

haha yourwelcome! i kinda just took tha t picture because he was sooo close hahaha

MIKA was fabulous last night. This was my first time seeing him and hopefully it won't be my last! He is the most amazing performer I have ever seen live and to think he is only just starting his career! I felt like he was holding nothing back and gave us everything he had during his performance.

My husband and I took the train up from Philadelphia and were shocked (I'm not sure why...) when we got to the Nokia around 5:45, the line right in front of the theater was closed off and the rest of the line started around the corner! Well, we got in line and waited. People passing by were asking us what the line was for and we told them; some people knew him and others looked at us questioningly. While I was waiting in line, I realized that there were drug deals going on around me! The girl behind me in line bought something from this guy loitering around the line and I heard her say, "Now I'll really enjoy the show!" I have no idea what it was exactly, but I saw her swallow it and it made me really sad that she didn't think Mika was amazing enough and she needed something more. This might have contributed to some of the unruly and rude behavior from some people in the crowd... GET HIGH ON MIKA!

Sara B., the opening act, had a nice voice and did a memorable cover of Peter Gabriel's "In Your Eyes", but all in all I found her music dull and generic. I thought it was sweet that she kept introducing her band. After a short break, a group of break dancers bounded onto the stage. They were clearly good at what they do, but the bass from their music was so loud (ok, I know I'm old!) that my ears hurt. I found this part kind of surreal especially immediately after they left the stage, there was another short break and "Love Train" started playing over the sound system.

When Mika and his terrific band members entered the stage, everything was suddenly right with the evening. So many people have already given great accounts of Mika's NYC performance so I won't recount everything. Every song was fantastic, but my favorite performances of the night were Stuck in the Middle, Love Today, Sweet Dreams (my husband feels that the song was written for Mika to sing!), and, of course, Lollipop. Before singing Grace Kelly, Mika told us that he used Grace Kelly's name in the song because his granny loved her. He also mentioned that his granny loves Oprah so maybe that will be a future song.:naughty: Then he said that his granny was in the audience watching him! She must have been so proud of him! Another thing he mentioned, was that in DC, a Big Girl shoved? Mikey a little too hard and he almost went into the crowd? I think that was what I heard from where I was, but it would be great if someone there could verify this. Also, I think it was during My Interpretation, I saw Luke playing a guitar and not the keyboard. I didn't know that Luke played the guitar. Was I seeing things?

Without a doubt, Mika was FABULOUS!

I didn't get to hang around to try to meet Mika because we had to meet a friend that we were going to stay with before it got too late, but I am so glad that some of you were lucky enough to meet him! (Did anyone get to find out if he was feeling better and recovering from his chest infection? I don't see how anyone could perform that well with a chest infection!) I didn't get pictures, but thank you so much for sharing all of your lovely pics and videos. It is wonderful to relive last night's Mika magic!

I would definitely go up to NYC to see Mika next time he comes, but I think he should think about coming to Philadelphia when he returns to the States...We have a lot of fans here too, Mika!

MIKA was fabulous last night. This was my first time seeing him and hopefully it won't be my last! He is the most amazing performer I have ever seen live and to think he is only just starting his career! I felt like he was holding nothing back and gave us everything he had during his performance.

My husband and I took the train up from Philadelphia and were shocked (I'm not sure why...) when we got to the Nokia around 5:45, the line right in front of the theater was closed off and the rest of the line started around the corner! Well, we got in line and waited. People passing by were asking us what the line was for and we told them; some people knew him and others looked at us questioningly. While I was waiting in line, I realized that there were drug deals going on around me! The girl behind me in line bought something from this guy loitering around the line and I heard her say, "Now I'll really enjoy the show!" I have no idea what it was exactly, but I saw her swallow it and it made me really sad that she didn't think Mika was amazing enough and she needed something more. This might have contributed to some of the unruly and rude behavior from some people in the crowd... GET HIGH ON MIKA!

Sara B., the opening act, had a nice voice and did a memorable cover of Peter Gabriel's "In Your Eyes", but all in all I found her music dull and generic. I thought it was sweet that she kept introducing her band. After a short break, a group of break dancers bounded onto the stage. They were clearly good at what they do, but the bass from their music was so loud (ok, I know I'm old!) that my ears hurt. I found this part kind of surreal especially immediately after they left the stage, there was another short break and "Love Train" started playing over the sound system.

When Mika and his terrific band members entered the stage, everything was suddenly right with the evening. So many people have already given great accounts of Mika's NYC performance so I won't recount everything. Every song was fantastic, but my favorite performances of the night were Stuck in the Middle, Love Today, Sweet Dreams (my husband feels that the song was written for Mika to sing!), and, of course, Lollipop. Before singing Grace Kelly, Mika told us that he used Grace Kelly's name in the song because his granny loved her. He also mentioned that his granny loves Oprah so maybe that will be a future song.:naughty: Then he said that his granny was in the audience watching him! She must have been so proud of him! Another thing he mentioned, was that in DC, a Big Girl shoved? Mikey a little too hard and he almost went into the crowd? I think that was what I heard from where I was, but it would be great if someone there could verify this. Also, I think it was during My Interpretation, I saw Luke playing a guitar and not the keyboard. I didn't know that Luke played the guitar. Was I seeing things?

I didn't get to hang around to try to meet Mika because we had to meet a friend that we were going to stay with before it got too late, but I am so glad that some of you were lucky enough to meet him! (Did anyone get to find out if he was feeling better and recovering from his chest infection? I don't see how anyone could perform that well with a chest infection!) I didn't get pictures, but thank you so much for sharing all of your lovely pics and videos. It is wonderful to relive last night's Mika magic!

I would definitely go up to NYC to see Mika next time he comes, but I think he should think about coming to Philadelphia when he returns to the States...We have a lot of fans here too, Mika!

It was an amzing night, wasn't it! So the next time you're can see him in NYC is August 10th and Jerry (I think) said he'd be back for an offish concert in September!! I'll see you there. =]

Another thing he mentioned, was that in DC, a Big Girl shoved? Mikey a little too hard and he almost went into the crowd? I think that was what I heard from where I was, but it would be great if someone there could verify this. Also, I think it was during My Interpretation, I saw Luke playing a guitar and not the keyboard. I didn't know that Luke played the guitar. Was I seeing things?

I didn't see Mikey getting shoved in DC, but I suppose that could

have happened -- I was on the Martin side of the stage :)

As for Luke, yes, he often picks up a guitar when Mika is at the keyboard,

so no, you weren't seeing things!

OK, so Philly would be close enough for me, too... if he should skip DC

next time around, that is... I just want to hear some concrete dates!

I was so sad to have to remove the countdown clock from my myspace

page...

dcdeb

I didn't see Mikey getting shoved in DC, but I suppose that could

have happened -- I was on the Martin side of the stage :)

As for Luke, yes, he often picks up a guitar when Mika is at the keyboard,

so no, you weren't seeing things!

OK, so Philly would be close enough for me, too... if he should skip DC

next time around, that is... I just want to hear some concrete dates!

I was so sad to have to remove the countdown clock from my myspace

page...

dcdeb

Thanks for the info about Luke. We'll cross our fingers that that clock starts ticking again soon!

Anyone else see mika's family in the right balcony last night? I recognized his grandma, a few cousins i saw at gramercy and his aunt. I didnt see his mom or sister though. They were probably back stage.

I noticed them, too. The layout of the theater was a bit odd, but it was nice that his family could have a good place to watch him from.