MIKA Quotes.

schock

"How do I describe myself... URGH! Hard question. Pop, rock, psycho-babble... Schizophrenic mush of *does this weird movement* I dunno!"

"It's fun, I feel like a ringleader! I never wanted to be a popstar, I just wanted to be in the circus."

.... I just found my new favourite interview. I can't even take bits out, I like the whole thing! :roftl:

You were voted the BBC "Sound of '07." What would you have been voted in High School?

"The one least likely to get into anyone's band. Probably. I could never get into anyone's band they always thought I was a bit... Too odd. So I just ended up getting on the rejects. And uh, we weren't very good. It's a good job I'm a solo artist then."

Grace Kelly, the subject of your hit single married the Prince Of Monaco. Which Prince would you rather hang with? Prince Harry or Prince William?

"My sister... -s, would rather hang out with probably either of them, they'd be quite delighted. In either of their company. Me, quite frankly, neither."

"Big Girl" is one of your Secret Society characters-- which one of these self-professed bigger beauties would you want to take out?

a) Jennifer Hudson

b)Rosie O'Donnell

c) Ugly Betty

"It's gotta be Ugly Betty, she's got the teeth! *smiles at the camera*"

Your debut album is titled "Life In Cartoon Motion". What's your all time favourite cartoon?

"It's the teeth. It really is the teeth. .... ... ... .... ... ... ... Well it wouldn't be Fantasia, 'cause that's just weird it gives me the creeps. It's probably something like... I dunno... The Aristocats? Can I get away with that?"

Since one of your first jobs was singing and Orbit Gum jingle we've got to know, how much free gum did you get?

"I got no free gum. Absolutely none. Y'know, strangely enough I got about forty-five bucks to do that thing. The reason why I got all those jingle jobs and stuff is because I was so cheap. I didn't have an agent and I didn't have a manager and my mother and I were completely ignorant as to how it really worked. So they loved it and I didn't know better."

"Oh we don't know, you don't know that yet, don't jinx me! Or- Or else I'll Augustus Gloop your microphone."

"And of course we're all competing for the same crowd but that's part of it, it's like... It's like... Camping. Some people don't get the baked beans and some people do get the baked beans it just depends when you wake up. -laughs-"

"But um, who gives a damn? Let's make a mess of the stage and they'll just have to deal with it once we're off."

"*in a deep voice* Come to Scotland! And everyone's kind of sipping talisker."

(Note: I don't even know what that is. I'm going by sound here. It sounds familiar though, I think it's a whisky.)

:thumb_yello::thumb_yello:

"How do I describe myself... URGH! Hard question. Pop, rock, psycho-babble... Schizophrenic mush of *does this weird movement* I dunno!"

"It's fun, I feel like a ringleader! I never wanted to be a popstar, I just wanted to be in the circus."

.... I just found my new favourite interview. I can't even take bits out, I like the whole thing! :roftl:

You were voted the BBC "Sound of '07." What would you have been voted in High School?

"The one least likely to get into anyone's band. Probably. I could never get into anyone's band they always thought I was a bit... Too odd. So I just ended up getting on the rejects. And uh, we weren't very good. It's a good job I'm a solo artist then."

Grace Kelly, the subject of your hit single married the Prince Of Monaco. Which Prince would you rather hang with? Prince Harry or Prince William?

"My sister... -s, would rather hang out with probably either of them, they'd be quite delighted. In either of their company. Me, quite frankly, neither."

"Big Girl" is one of your Secret Society characters-- which one of these self-professed bigger beauties would you want to take out?

a) Jennifer Hudson

b)Rosie O'Donnell

c) Ugly Betty

"It's gotta be Ugly Betty, she's got the teeth! *smiles at the camera*"

Your debut album is titled "Life In Cartoon Motion". What's your all time favourite cartoon?

"It's the teeth. It really is the teeth. .... ... ... .... ... ... ... Well it wouldn't be Fantasia, 'cause that's just weird it gives me the creeps. It's probably something like... I dunno... The Aristocats? Can I get away with that?"

Since one of your first jobs was singing and Orbit Gum jingle we've got to know, how much free gum did you get?

"I got no free gum. Absolutely none. Y'know, strangely enough I got about forty-five bucks to do that thing. The reason why I got all those jingle jobs and stuff is because I was so cheap. I didn't have an agent and I didn't have a manager and my mother and I were completely ignorant as to how it really worked. So they loved it and I didn't know better."

"Oh we don't know, you don't know that yet, don't jinx me! Or- Or else I'll Augustus Gloop your microphone."

"And of course we're all competing for the same crowd but that's part of it, it's like... It's like... Camping. Some people don't get the baked beans and some people do get the baked beans it just depends when you wake up. -laughs-"

"But um, who gives a damn? Let's make a mess of the stage and they'll just have to deal with it once we're off."

"*in a deep voice* Come to Scotland! And everyone's kind of sipping talisker."

(Note: I don't even know what that is. I'm going by sound here. It sounds familiar though, I think it's a whisky.)

:thumb_yello::thumb_yello:

:roftl::roftl::roftl::roftl::roftl::roftl::roftl::roftl:

You're correct - 'talisker' is a malt scotch whisky from Scotland. :thumb_yello:

Once you hit 21 time really starts to fly. Can't believe I'll be 25 next year... :shocked:

In some ways I was thankful I turned 18 and then I got hit with a bunch of other stuff. My parents started making me pay for car insurance and gas. I don't wanna grow up any more! I wanna be a little kid! :crybaby:

I am in High School..?

:roftl::aah::biggrin2:

Hahahah, uhmm idk? :mf_rosetinted:

Lmfao, I know in different countries it's called different things.

Once you get into 9th grade that's consider high school for us in America.

I was like 14/15 in 9th...at least I think? :blink:

Hahahah, uhmm idk? :mf_rosetinted:

Lmfao, I know in different countries it's called different things.

Once you get into 9th grade that's consider high school for us in America.

I was like 14/15 in 9th...at least I think? :blink:

Oh... I see. We start it in Year 7. :biggrin2:

Does anyone know the quote about flirting with trees and cups of tea? :lol3:

I loved it and I can't remember the exact words.

I wrote it down:teehee: "I kinda flirt with everything and everyone, no matter if it's a tree or a coffee cup. I can't resist."

Swallowing a rainbow? Funky. XD

Well... Here ya go...

"Well, well, I come from a family of five kids, so we've got, uh, we all have quite nice, but quite strange names, like my eldest sister's called Yasmine, which is flower, Paloma, which means dove, Zuleika which is... I dunno what that means but anyway...Then Fortune which means lucky in French. But MIKA was just a kind of accidental name because my father.. Wanted me to be called Michael but my mum made me be called Mika... Turns out it just means plastic bag in Moroccan."

(About why he doesn't have a mono-brow)

"I saw this kind of tabloid headline about, you know, 'Welcome to The Age of Man-Brow Plucking' and I was just like 'Yeah, it's all right for them!' I mean, JLS pluck their eyebrows, well, I dunno if they do, I heard. But um, they're not Lebanese! I've got two or else I'd end up with one kind of massive McDonalds sign!"

(About Grace Kelly)

"It's always when I get to that bit in the chorus where I went, 'I could be brown, I could be BLOOOOO' and I went, 'BLOOO' and every time I hear that 'Blooo' I'm like 'Aw, I should of fixed it, it's all wrong.'"

"Everyone thinks that when you work with your family it's like 'Oh isn't that sweet... It's like the Brady Bunch. The truth is, the truth is, that it's quite horrific. We're all brutally honest with each other."

Mika On GMTV

"And I think nobody can say that they've never done that. And I mean I'm twenty-six and I still do it, I'll probably be 78 and still be doing it. Uh, even if I'm holding a gin and tonic in my hand!"

"Of course when I played the video to my record company they were like '*gasp!* You're in your UNDERWEAR. This is the first single you're coming back with and you're dancing in a room in your underwear?!' I was like, 'Well, it may seem scary to you but it's what every eight year old and... Eighteen year old does so... Y'know. Why not?'"

"I'm a bit of a turtle, I take my time, um, but I'm a snapping turtle and I don't let go."

(About his trousers)

"Demonic clown! Chef! Yeah, these are a bit chef-like... Now I'm never gonna wear them again!"

"Yes.. And it's given me a lot of problems. I was just, I had enough, my hair was getting so long it was down to there, at the back, but it was short at the back, you don't really wanna know this, But I-I took a knife from the kitchen and I just went *makes... Cutting-type noise.*"

I'm off, but I'll be back sooner of later. My mom just needs my help. :biggrin2:

Bye!

Isn't it?:biggrin2:

I love the bolded ones ...that's actually quite a lot of them:blink:

"I take reality and put some insanity into it and turn up the volume"

"I grant you permission to slap me if I start bitching":roftl:

(translated these from German)

"I don't limit myself by saying it has to make sense"

And kind of a classic: "If I had a son, I'd call him Alice":naughty:

I love the bolded ones ...that's actually quite a lot of them:blink:

"I take reality and put some insanity into it and turn up the volume"

"I grant you permission to slap me if I start bitching":roftl:

(translated these from German)

"I don't limit myself by saying it has to make sense"

And kind of a classic: "If I had a son, I'd call him Alice":naughty:

Thank God I'm not eating or drinking as I'm reading these!

:roftl::roftl::roftl::roftl::roftl::roftl::roftl::roftl::roftl: