MIKA Quotes.

schock

"You must practice your scales and your appegios." :D.

I'm not surprised that he likes that movie because it has kittens that sing, play the piano and paint. With British accents. In fair Paree.

I love that bit! I used to sing along when I was younger! (Haha.. I still mouth it.)

You made me laugh so hard!!! :roftl::biggrin2:

I LOVE Aristocats!!! :wub2:

My top 3 Disney cartoons have always been:

1. Snow White

2. The Aristocats

3. Aladdin.

:teehee:

what about BAMBI?!?!?!?!? :shocked: and LADY AND THE TRAMP!?!?!?!? :shocked::shocked::shocked:

NO!

1) Peter Pan

2) Aristocats

3) Beauty and the Beast

:biggrin2:

Q. You can see lots of different styles and flavors in your new album.

A. It's set within the context of my adolescence. I wanted to do something that was almost a sequel to the first record. It is a comic book version of my teenage years. And even the title, "The Boy Who Knew Too Much," is the kind of the title you'd get on some I don't know, "Tin Tin" [a Belgian comic strip] adventure book or something.

Q. You say the album is autobiographical.

Please talk about a song and how it reflects on your life.

A. "We Are Golden," and that is about being 17. I wanted to write a song that made me feel like I was 16 or 17 again. On the way to the studio one day, I said to myself, "If I had the courage as a teenager to go back to university" -- which is something I dread the thought of doing ... when I was a teenager I felt like a freak -- I said to myself, "If I could turn myself into a beautiful freak, then my life would be all right." And through music I try to do that.

Q. Why do you embrace pop music when others shun it?

A. I'm totally 100 percent unapologetic about the fact that I make pop music. I'm fascinated by it. I think I was always an outside when I was growing up and so the concept of a populist art form was something that was really attractive to me. I said, "Well, if no one is going to speak to me at school, then why don't I write a song that they will all sing -- then one day I will have some value."

Q. Do you feel the varied roots of your origin provide you with global appeal?

A. I don't come from a particular place, so my music is not tied down to a particular style, genre, or scene. It gives me certain boundlessness and I can adapt and my music can find a home in many different countries.

Q. You say you can deal with difficult subject matter within the framework

of a pop song. Any examples?

A. Even if it's sad or bitter, it becomes universal. Paul McCartney called it empowerment. When he wrote "Blackbird," he originally wrote it as "Black Woman Cries in Little Rock." He took away all of that and he abstractified his lyrics a little bit more in order to make it more universal. There's nothing wrong with that. There's no shame in that. That's one of the cornerstones of pop music.

Q. Besides McCartney, who else has influenced you in your career?

A. I was always in awe of artists who were able to create music, which wasn't defined by a scene, or a style, or a genre, or a particular fashion. So I always looked at stand-alone artists, like [David] Bowie and Prince and Michael Jackson.

Q. What other art forms do you find influence your music?

A. I'm massively influenced by illustration and by comic books. I think that comic books, and comics in general are very much like pop songs. It's an immediate populist art form that implies a lot of depth, but has to be presented in the most simple and instantly immediate way.

Urgh... Not the best day. Tripped over three times, and I'm sore all over. :sneaky2:

Gah.

And... You're talking about Disney films? ... :blink:

Okay then! :biggrin2:

Quotes::::::

(This one made me laugh. It's just how high his voice goes:aah:! Not good quality, sorry. He sounds like a kid!)

Interviewer: You sound exactly like James Blunt when you speak, you realise that don't you?

Mika: No I don't! That's not true! No I don't, don't say that!

Interviewer: A hint of Blunt in your voice?

Mika: NO!!! There's a hint of Dame Edna in yours!

Mika Interviewed on NOVA

(*ahem* Sorry... I got distracted. Big Bird was on TV...)

"Shooting star, that's dangerous. 'Cause shooting stares always kind of appear, then they disappear."

"Um, it's- I do find it slightly amusing that I'm- I'm a dance artist. But then again it's a Grammy, who gives a damn?"

"I am intent on stalking Renée Zellweger."

"So I'll probably be sitting at the steps of her dressing room door.. Waiting while she comes out... Maybe even just taking the bits of her finished sandwiches and putting them on eBay."

(What are your wishes for 2008?)

"Renée Zellweger."

"Grace Kelly and Oprah, two of her favourites!"

(about when he's gonna write a song about Oprah)

"No, I don't think I'm gonna write a song about Oprah!"

"Well she's enough of a dame! And everyone's giving her awards! She deserves them but... She doesn't need a song about her too!"

(He's so cute when he says that! :blush-anim-cl:)

(Can I just say... After seeing him in that video, I died a bit inside. :wub2:)

I have to go know, but I leave you with this...

(I dunno why... But every time he says this I just smile)

"You want me to be like Robbie or David Grey... I'll be like Grace Kelly instead and let's see if you STILL wanna sign me."

Bye bye! :biggrin2:

(This one made me laugh. It's just how high his voice goes:aah:! Not good quality, sorry. He sounds like a kid!)

Interviewer: You sound exactly like James Blunt when you speak, you realise that don't you?

Mika Interviewed on NOVA

"Shooting star, that's dangerous. 'Cause shooting stares always kind of appear, then they disappear."

"Um, it's- I do find it slightly amusing that I'm- I'm a dance artist. But then again it's a Grammy, who gives a damn?"

"So I'll probably be sitting at the steps of her dressing room door.. Waiting while she comes out... Maybe even just taking the bits of her finished sandwiches and putting them on eBay."

"Renée Zellweger."

"Well she's enough of a dame! And everyone's giving her awards! She deserves them but... She doesn't need a song about her too!"

"You want me to be like Robbie or David Grey... I'll be like Grace Kelly instead and let's see if you STILL wanna sign me."

:roftl::roftl::roftl::roftl::roftl::roftl::roftl::roftl:

This thread is really fantastic. It took ages to get through all of it, but it's been a good time. Mika gives such funny interviews. This is from a pretty funny Australian interview:

Mika half sings and half says the Orbit jingle and jokes:

"Orbit chewing gum, and it's good for your teeth too! Oh my god, he's a prodigy! That boy is talented!" At 7:20 in the clip from buzznet.

http://www.buzznet.com/www/search/videos/interview/10005641/mika-interview-australia/

"...even if you don't like my music, you can't get it out of your head. That's my power" :naughty:

"The approachability, the immediacy is like nursery rhymes and comic books, they’re distilled forms of art. A nursery rhyme is comforting, appealing, easy to remember but then at the heart of it the lyrics are brutal, violent and macabre.”

“I was a kid who found comfort in the things I created, but sometimes it felt that was only taking away from the more functional side of my personality. I felt mad.”

(about when he did a part in Cabaret) "I remember hearing gossip a week later, one of the boys who had given me the hardest time said, ’Man, if I was gay, I’d be waiting at his door for a day.'" :roftl:

"The stage is my territory, my boxing ring. That’s where I’m free. Its more difficult in real life.”

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/music/rockandpopfeatures/6223882/Mika-interview-for-The-Boy-Who-Knew-Too-Much.html

Another classic:biggrin2:

"If I had a son, I'd call him Alice":roftl:

EDIT: Don't recall if this has been posted before, probably yes, but I just saw it and love it:teehee:

"It's all about the free stuff! C'mon!"

at the end of it

Edited by MissPie
adding another quote

Urgh... Not the best day. Tripped over three times, and I'm sore all over. :sneaky2:

Gah.

And... You're talking about Disney films? ... :blink:

Okay then! :biggrin2:

Mika Interviewed on NOVA

"Renée Zellweger."

Bye bye! :biggrin2:

Oh i love the James blunt one!

i was just thinking, in interviews they always say that mika did inflight music for BA (British Airways) and a jingle for orbit gum... where are they? i just YT them, and i can't find them? :aah: x

i always thought that but i could never be bothered to look :naughty: