it isn't fair

bee

This is pretty much just a rumor, and one that I have a lot of trouble believing, but supposedly Sacha Baron Cohen is in talks to play Queen frontman Freddie Mercury in the biopic we told you about last fall. The 'news' comes from the Daily Mirror, which claims to have heard from an unidentified source that Cohen is a strong candidate for the role. The last we heard about casting ideas for the movie was that Johnny Depp was being offered the role, but it is very possible he's too busy to take it. Still, the likelihood that Cohen would be a fitting substitute is, in multiple ways, laughable.

Mika should get that part !

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to disagree about Mika playing Freddie, apart from the singing aspect, they are completely different. I couldn't imagine Mika playing Freddie, I think it would have to be someone unknown, for me even Johnny Depp is a stretch.

I agree with RAK1. Not only is Mika completely different from Freddie, Mika isn't even qualified for the job because he isn't an actor.

All I can say is, whoever they choose for the job has a huge challenge ahead of them. Imagine all the mannerisms, body language, and speech this guy will have to "memorize" for this part. I think this will be an immense task.

I have to disagree about Mika playing Freddie, apart from the singing aspect, they are completely different. I couldn't imagine Mika playing Freddie, I think it would have to be someone unknown, for me even Johnny Depp is a stretch.

I agree and I think Mika playing Freddie would only fuel the sayings that he's trying to imitate Freddie

I think Johnny Depp should play Freddie. Look at the physical transformation in Charlie and the Choc. Factory. They could make him look like Freddie if they wanted.

Yes, but even though he could *look* like him, could he *act* like him? I think not. I think the project is a huge undertaking and the best bet is an unknown actor who won't get his own fame/personality confused with the person he is portraying, as Freddie Mercury is such a huge figure in music history.

Yes, but even though he could *look* like him, could he *act* like him? I think not. I think the project is a huge undertaking and the best bet is an unknown actor who won't get his own fame/personality confused with the person he is portraying, as Freddie Mercury is such a huge figure in music history.

Talkin' SMACK to Johnny Depp, are we? You've seen my Johnny Depp posters, woman. I wont stand for this!!! Sorry. little passionate about this subject.

Despite who plays Freddie, Mika should do the singing <3 They can shoot Johnny lip syncing ;)

Sacha Baron Cohen may well be a comedian actor, but I reckon he would be very good at films if he took it seriously. I actually think he would be an amazing actor.

yeah i agree hes great at borat and stuff, but most actors and actresses are good at different genres but they are viewed by the audiance for only one

oh no no no...this is such a stupid rumor!!!!

Jonny Depp is supposed to be in line to play Freddie...Not Sacha!!! come on...u think Brian would allow that?

Besides...Sacha can't hold a note!

put i'm gonna b honest....i don't think a movie about Queen or Freddie would pan out well...know what i mean?

Like I said, I don't think anyone will need to hold a note because I'm sure they will use Freddie's vocals. Unless the singer is a highly trained singer/actor, I don't think they will dare let anyone else sing the songs for the film.

i dont think they would make someone sing they would probably use his voiuce, i mean it would almost take away from the movie if they used someone else because its amovie about him, since hes deceeased its really all they have that they can use (pther than pictures i mean)

i dont think they would make someone sing they would probably use his voiuce, i mean it would almost take away from the movie if they used someone else because its amovie about him, since hes deceeased its really all they have that they can use (pther than pictures i mean)

I think Mika should make an appearance. Maybe give him a line or two. If people got word that Mika's face would be in that movie I think tickets would sell rather quickly.

i think if mika was in it i would see it once a week untill it leaves all theaters on long island

It just might break my Pirates of the Caribbean record! 9 times in theaters. Gosh that was a lot of money.