How did we get to be Mika fans?

mickileeisme

so sometimes i forget that i'm a part of a fan club...and i was reminded of this yesterday when i logged into this wonderful club of ours and saw this little message saying something to the effect of, "you haven't posted or done anything at all for a really long time...would you like to actually do something for once?" :o (ok, so obviously those weren't the exact words, but you get the idea). i felt kinda bad about it. i've never done the whole fan club thing for anything or anyone before, so i'm just not used to this yet. sorry guys! so i decided to do something about it - post a thread of my own! and after about 20 minutes of trying to figure out how to actually do this (i feel kinda dumb), here it is! my thread! and i've decided to ask everybody a question. i know this has probably been done before, but i missed out on that. so...here's the question:

How did we get to be Mika fans?

and here's my answer - it was this past february (i think) and i was riding in my friend tiffany's car. she had just gotten a few new songs from iTunes and put on 'grace kelly.' i ended up giggling through the whole thing. it was different and i just wasn't expecting that falsetto (it's great...and sorry if i spelled 'falsetto wrong...not sure...oh well...). we played it again and i couldn't stop laughing. it just made me happy. then tiffany played 'love today' and the happy laughing started all over again. i decided that this guy mika would be put on the list of people to play when i'm riding in tiffany's car...and didn't think much more of it. well...needless to say, i though a whole lot more of it and now i've met him twice (going for a third time this june) and i'm also working to get his music on tv. (i work on the showtime series, "weeds," and i've gotten them to love him (wasn't difficult). i've already gotten one of his songs on the 'want list' for this coming season - i won't reveal the song and NOTHING is set yet, so please don't get horribly excited - and i've also contacted his managers about getting him to record a cover of the 'weeds' title song, 'little boxes' to hopefully to played at the beginning of one of the episodes - again, NOTHING is set with that one either, so pleeeeease don't get excited...nothing's happening right now). all i know is, he's a nice person, his music is fun and different, and if i can help him out in any way, i'll do it...

ok, that's my story (sorry it was so long)...what's yours? :thumb_yello:

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

HELLO!!!!! dear purple shoes friend! lol

what did ppl say to u at work today?!?!

hehe....my story is:

i was at work...it was january i think... maybe late december.... went into a matchbox twenty forum where i talk to some old friends... and one of the wrote a thread "HOW DID I NOT KNOW THIS GUY!?!?" luckily i went in and read who the guy is... she had a link to GRACE KELLY in YOUTUBE :)

it took 3 seconds and i FELL INLOVE!!!! since than i cant stop listening to mika...and yes! met him 3 times! and hope june will b 4!!! :)

*hugs to u michelle and hugs to mika....and hugs to everyone!!*

can u tell im in a good mood?!?! LOL

I LOVE MY PURPLE SHOES!!! everybody (and when i say everybody, i mean EVERYBODY) at work got to see and hear about my purple shoes today! i love them. i honestly love them. it's coming from my heart and not my...head...(just a little olivia newton-john for ya there). everyone at work was very happy that i was able to find them. but i tell ya, it just shouldn't be that difficult to find purple shoes! and people shouldn't give you weird looks when you ask for purple shoes. whatever. i love them. :roftl:

I LOVE MY PURPLE SHOES!!! everybody (and when i say everybody, i mean EVERYBODY) at work got to see and hear about my purple shoes today! i love them. i honestly love them. it's coming from my heart and not my...head...(just a little olivia newton-john for ya there). everyone at work was very happy that i was able to find them. but i tell ya, it just shouldn't be that difficult to find purple shoes! and people shouldn't give you weird looks when you ask for purple shoes. whatever. i love them. :roftl:

lol thats true... they did look at us like we r weird... haha

I actually found out about him a sort of long time ago (last July) from a letter that was posted on Brian May's website so yeah. Thank god for whoever sent that message

I first heard Mika on the Radio here in Oz, and was desolated because i didn't know his name or the name of his song... then i saw an add on tv. Grace Kelly by Mika- all I needed to know. I googled him instantly... and that is where my obsession began. Oh.. and then when I first saw him i believe in love/lust at first sight. :mf_lustslow::wub2: Youtube is too thank for my obsessions, all those videos of him shaking his hips and twanging his braces is too much!!

born4mika

Hey guys, uh, my story is kinda short but still...

I heard about him on the radio.

THE END:roftl:

Nah, actually i would never have heard about him if it weren't for my best friend Tina. One day, before school, she came up to me and said "Hey, have you heard about Mika???" I told her I hadn't and she's like "Well, I've got a song of his on my MP3, so she grabbed it out and let me listen to one earphone while she had the other. Of course this first song was Grace Kelly, No.1 on the Australian Music Charts! I loved the song at once and she told me there was more. That night I went to bed with "I could be brown, I could be blue, I could be violet sky"... playing through my head (this stuff happens when you listen to a song a million times over and over!). A few days full of listening and singing to Mika's song went by and Tina came to school all excited and cheerful. This was, of course, because she had found MORE Mika songs and downloaded them. We listened to Big Girl, Billy Brown, Happy Ending and a whole heap of others until we finally reached the point when we found out he would be coming to Australia. Now totally obsessed, we've got to go! :wub2::roftl::mf_lustslow::biggrin2:

Hey guys, uh, my story is kinda short but still...

I heard about him on the radio.

THE END:roftl:

Nah, actually i would never have heard about him if it weren't for my best friend Tina. One day, before school, she came up to me and said "Hey, have you heard about Mika???" I told her I hadn't and she's like "Well, I've got a song of his on my MP3, so she grabbed it out and let me listen to one earphone while she had the other. Of course this first song was Grace Kelly, No.1 on the Australian Music Charts! I loved the song at once and she told me there was more. That night I went to bed with "I could be brown, I could be blue, I could be violet sky"... playing through my head (this stuff happens when you listen to a song a million times over and over!). A few days full of listening and singing to Mika's song went by and Tina came to school all excited and cheerful. This was, of course, because she had found MORE Mika songs and downloaded them. We listened to Big Girl, Billy Brown, Happy Ending and a whole heap of others until we finally reached the point when we found out he would be coming to Australia. Now totally obsessed, we've got to go! :wub2::roftl::mf_lustslow::biggrin2:

Yeah I told her about him. lol :biggrin2:

I actually heard his song on TV while I was studying for High School one night and I thought it was really catchy. Beleive it or not, that's not when my obsession began. It began in about February when I heard Grace Kelly once again and I couldn't get it out of my head. We all know the rest from then...

I really hope we get to meet him. It seems so sad because everyone's met him at least 3 times now :thumbdown: *sigh*

Yeah I told her about him. lol :biggrin2:

I actually heard his song on TV while I was studying for High School one night and I thought it was really catchy. Beleive it or not, that's not when my obsession began. It began in about February when I heard Grace Kelly once again and I couldn't get it out of my head. We all know the rest from then...

I really hope we get to meet him. It seems so sad because everyone's met him at least 3 times now :thumbdown: *sigh*

i know, i so badly want to meet him in person, the pictures and interveiws just aren't enough, and, please don't be angry, but that's why i deleted them all...so i don't get mocked and teased by them(yes, the mocked me!!!) :sneaky2::thumbdown:

i know, i so badly want to meet him in person, the pictures and interveiws just aren't enough, and, please don't be angry, but that's why i deleted them all...so i don't get mocked and teased by them(yes, the mocked me!!!) :sneaky2::thumbdown:

don't feel bad!!! i'm sure you'll get to meet him at some point! he's probably feeling bad about not being able to meet you yet ;)

:shamefully admits perez hilton and sneaks out of forum:

LOL! dont b ashamed! he did a good thing :) im glad he like mika and because of that more ppl know about him :)

It was late december. I was in the car with my dad who was taking me to the airport cause i was going to New York (the first time! the dream of my life!) for my own holidays, and when i turned on the radio Grace Kelly was playing. I immediately fell in love with it, but the speaker didn't say the artist or the song title. Then when i came back, always in the car, i remember listening that same song: this time i paid much attention to it and the speaker was very clear: "it was Grace Kelly, Mika". At first i thought it was a band, and not just him, cause if you listen to GK for the very first time it looks like played from a band! so i dl it, and i kept listening to it all the time. Then when the album was released i got it, and i was so enthusiastic about that! it ws so great, i did like every single track of it! but i didn't know much about Mika himself. So then i started to search a bit of him (which i still thought it was a band) and found out he was a solo artist, and that he was very young. I found the Popworld interview at the zoo on youtube and that was the first time i saw him: awww, so cuteee!! then it started everything: first the forum on mikasounds, then i found this board: my second home!!

and since then my passion and love for him kept grow more and more!!

my story is pretty regular! i heard grace kelly on the television and it had almost reached #1 so it was playing everywhere i went! it was once that i got into one of the local product store like kmart that i saw him, (untill then i had had the tv on in the backround and listened to the song) i sat infront of the video of grace kelly and felt things i had never felt i was like omg this guy is good and I never stoped listening to his music since! i listen to his music on my ipod on the train,bus etc!

Well, my story is as follows :

On one January evening one of my friends (He's a huge fan of Mika himself as well) told me over the MSN that he has got one song which he knows nobody else from people he knows will like but me...after a while he asked if I would like to have it and then sent it to me - it was a Mikas Happy Ending in which I fell in love instantly and about week later I had every Mika song I could get my hands on...so thatnks to this friend I know Mika and I liked him but the real fandomhood came when I saw one boy preforming Grace Kelly :thumb_yello: It was quite good actually :biggrin2:

I found out about Mika kind of late.

It was a friday or saturday night and there was nothing on the telly (well, that's what I thought) so me and my mum were just zapping thru channels and we got to a channel where they showed a norwegian talkshow (först & sist) and there was this guy on (yes...) he was really cute and he was talking about opera. So we decided to watch it because both me and mum are opera fans.

But then he was like: I don't want to sing opera cuz I wanna write my own music.

and he continued talking, I started to really like him. Then he talked about being born in Lebanon, and it is the area where I'm from, so he really interested me.

Then he sang GK and I thought: Why have I not heard him before.

Anyway, I got his music and I fell in loooove. I wouldn't listen to anything else and soon enough I started to fall in love with him aswell :wub2: (instead of "only" with him music).

That's pretty much my story :blush-anim-cl::biggrin2:

Hi Mika,

Your new album is so brilliant. My favourite songs are Lollipop and Big Girl.:wink2: I would like to go to your gig, but I live in Finland. Are you coming to Finland sometimes? It would be really lovely!:wub2: You are the best singer in the world! I really love you!! :wub2::blush-anim-cl: I would really hope that you would send some email to me and my friend!! We both love you!!! :wub2: The adresses are jsaldksalkdlsakdlasjlkdasjd

Regards to Mika!

P.S : You are really cute!:wub2: :wub2:

Edited by Mrs.Mika..

I heard about Mika straight from Brian May on his website, in July 2006 , an article from somewhere entitled MIKA: LOVECHILD OF MERCURY AND BOLAN. Seemed an interesting combination LOL so I listened, and then again in Dec 2006, Brian wrote that Mika was someone to watch, so I began to watch and listen to MIKA much more, and more avidly. I waited and waited for his CD, and when it finally came out, I bought one from the UK, but couldn't wait for it to arrive, so got another one here...and I have been converted from being a youtube-addict to being an MFC addict!! All for the love of MIKA!!:wub2:

And I also have the US version of the CD and soon I will have the Japanese version. YAY!! (That's 4 CDs so far if you are counting!) :biggrin2:

I heard Grace Kelly on the radio inb the car in the harbour at the end of December. I thought it was some 80s hit that wasn't on my Hits of the 80s cd- cos they don't make music that good anymore. I googled Mika, I only got pictures of Japanese women. After a 'Mika appeal' on my blog I got link to this place and 'voila'! :biggrin2:

I heard about him in like March ( about two weeks before his album came out) of this year. My friend briefly mentioned him once on the phone and i remember thinking "Now who the heck is he!?" So i googled/iTunes'd him and fell in love with Grace Kelly instantly! The whole time i could not stop thinking "Wow this guy is a nut! This song is insane! So why am i loving it so much!?" I still don't quite know why i first liked Mika. I guess im just a bit off my rocker.

i remeber when i first feel in love with mika , my computer was broken and i couldnt access my itunes or any type of music thing like that so i had to go on windows 98 on my old computer and go to youtube and watch him like that for a few days before my dad got me a new hard drive

i actually found out about MFC from youtube! i looved the song Grace Kelly, and so i went on the computer and looked him up (its strange to think that at the time... there was almost NOTHING about him in google, and now there are loads of links :D ) anyways, i saw a clip of him on youtube (dont quite remember which one it was) but at the end of it, the MikaFanClub logo came up and it said "for more videos like these, go to Mika fan club", or something along those lines. it was like a sign from above!! i signed up immediately, and im SOOO glad i did!

The whole thing's a bit of a blur for me! I really don't remember exactly where or when I first heard/saw Mika but I seem to recall hearing the MTV ad for the Real World or something which featured part of Love Today..and then I think I somehow stumbled upon him on iTunes and downloaded Grace Kelly. Theeeen I went on a trip somewhere and listened to him nonstop and came back to download Love Today! This was all before the album came out, so it was exciting to be able to get his CD on the first day it was out here :biggrin2:

As for the MFC, I also have no earthly idea how I found this site! Must've been fate :wink2: But yeah, I think I just registered to see what was on the "members only" section until I actually started reading the different threads..at which point I couldn't help but start posting myself because I found it to be so entertaining! Now I'm addicted.

I heard GK on the radio without getting any info on the song/artist (got really annoyed cause this song was great) and then later on I saw his video on MTV and I was freaking out ":mfr_omg: that's him" ":mfr_omg: he's so good". Couldn't get the song out off my head. Googled on him, found his official site, signed up for the forum then found a link to MFC...the rest you can figure out :biggrin2: