Dances with veggies?

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll totally do it! I have been thinking about it for such a long time already that it's time to act!

My mum seriously thinks that I'll die immediately or something and it doesn't matter how much I tell her that there is no need to overreact, she still does.

Yup! That's exactly what I got to do now! Go and look for more information about it!:wink2:

Trust me...you definitely won't die. But parents are just that way I guess. My father still thinks that something must be wrong with me because I don't eat meat.

you know there is meat in gummy bears right?:roftl: Hypocrits.

I know.:puke: But you would be surprised by how many people DON'T know that. Panna cotta is made with gelatine as well, and when my mom made it for some guests once I asked them if they knew what they were eating. Of course they didn't, but you should have seen the expression on their faces when I told them. Priceless. But of course that didn't stop them from eating it.

I double check every time I buy something that looks like it might contain gelatine. if I'm not sure I just don't eat it...

I feel for your friend, my worst nightmares are always about being forced to eat meat or eat some without knowing :boxed:

I have the same fear. I just can't trust other people when it comes to preparing meals. The only person I trust to is my mum cos I know that she wouldn't put any meat in the food but I can't bring myself to trust to the others. However I make my own meals most of the time…this way I'm 101% positive that what I eat is meat-free and healthy.

Haha yup:blush-anim-cl: It must be hard since you're French (or part French?)

haha no I'm not French, but I live in France for half of the year for my studies. but I don't think it's harder here than anywhere alse, there is a vegetarian restaurant 200 meters away :naughty:

cool! I didn't know that :punk:

I haven't eaten any meet in 8 years now and I'm almost never sick *touches wood*

Lucky you! I am sick quite often, have been for all my life though, I dunno why, but I just keep catching a cold so easily. :naughty:

So if I become a vegetarian nobody can blame that for my ilnesses and colds. Although I do see that happening anyway. :mf_rosetinted:

Lucky you! I am sick quite often, have been for all my life though, I dunno why, but I just keep catching a cold so easily. :naughty:

So if I become a vegetarian nobody can blame that for my ilnesses and colds. Although I do see that happening anyway. :mf_rosetinted:

lol yeah be prepared!

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I think its really sad how animals are treated, and I did the whole vegetarian thing, but I was fainting, unable to concentrate in school, getting dizzy, AND my hair started falling out. It wasn't worth it.

The meat I eat is homekilled at my friends farm, so I know the cattle/sheep lived a happy life in the paddocks with other animals, and died from a quick bullet to the head. Where the problem with much supermarket food is the animals are rounded up onto a loud and scary truck. They have a long, cramped journey to a slaughterhouse where it reeks of blood and there are dead animals. They die of electrecution and are very distressed.. I think its HORRIBLE and its good vegetarians are standing up against it.

But, I have to eat meat, and I'm happy with the conditions the meat I eat is raised in, so :dunno: