Dances with veggies?

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm almost a vegetarian :roftl:

I say I am because I love vegetables, soya and tofu and that sort of stuff, but I eat fish... :bleh::roftl:

It's so good for you (talking about fish)!! That's the only reason why I eat it really, and I do like it. Not like meat, I really don't like meat!! At all!

Hello fellow veggie!

I've been totally veggie for over 20 years now! When I first became one I didn't know anyone else who was one, so it was tough at times (I ate an awful lot of cheese in those days).

It's much better now because there are so many more of us around and there's a lot more alternatives to meat available.

If you go to college/university etc you'll meet loads of others and then you won't feel like the odd one out anymore!

Yikes! that's a looooong time Mika Mad. I havn't even lived for 20 years LOL :roftl:

but last time I ate anything with beef was about 7 years ago and I stopped eating pork 9 years ago. and then I stopped eating chicken, so I did it gradually :roftl:

Another veggie!!! Althou i do eat fish/eggs..... cos i have probs with my protein levels and my doctor said i should.

Iv always had problems eating beef, lamb etc however i do feed meat to my daughter cos shes only 7 and its something i think she should decide when shes older.

Tia that's great! I love your attitude! People always say to me: So your not gonna give your children (when I get some) any meat cuz you don't like it.

Of course I will!! they can choose later on in life, I mean kids do need the protein in meat!

I let my kids have meat too, if they want it.

My husband is a veggie too, but I do buy decent quality organic meat for the kids. I don't know how to cook meat, so all they get is ready cooked ham or chicken (and I can fry sausages!).

My son (age 4) isn't keen and usually chooses to eat the veggie food, but my daughter (age 6) is a full-on carnivore. They both eat fish, but I don't.

I hope that they'll decide to be veggies in the end, but at the moment I'm happy for them to eat meat if they want to.

I let my kids have meat too, if they want it.

My husband is a veggie too, but I do buy decent quality organic meat for the kids. I don't know how to cook meat, so all they get is ready cooked ham or chicken (and I can fry sausages!).

My son (age 4) isn't keen and usually chooses to eat the veggie food, but my daughter (age 6) is a full-on carnivore. They both eat fish, but I don't.

I hope that they'll decide to be veggies in the end, but at the moment I'm happy for them to eat meat if they want to.

you're so lucky your husband is a veggie! I want a veggie husband too lol because I can't even imagine cooking meat for someone!

I haven't eaten any meat for like 8 years, I can't even stand the smell of it yeurk! I do eat fish sometimes though

I used to be, but i HAVE to eat meat cos im extremely anaemic (low in iron) and i cant stand eating vegetarian food with iron in....

I feel so much more alive now im not vegetarian to be honest, but im with you on the whole 'were just eating dead flesh' thing.

But, i just try and block that out cos i know i have to eat it or i'll be ill

I used to be, but i HAVE to eat meat cos im extremely anaemic (low in iron) and i cant stand eating vegetarian food with iron in....

I feel so much more alive now im not vegetarian to be honest, but im with you on the whole 'were just eating dead flesh' thing.

I don't know if I'll ever be able to eat meat again... even if I had to...

I'm anaemic too, or actually I've got thalassaemia (thanx "daddy")

but I eat iron pills LOL sounds funny :roftl:

And loads of vitamins

you're so lucky your husband is a veggie! I want a veggie husband too lol because I can't even imagine cooking meat for someone!

I haven't eaten any meat for like 8 years, I can't even stand the smell of it yeurk! I do eat fish sometimes though

My husband was a vegan when I met him! -that was really tough, but I managed to persuade him to eat cheese (it was the 80s -there was nothing else to eat instead of meat!)

A surprising number of my friends are veggie too now.

I've always been a very healthy veggie and have never been anaemic, not even during my 2 pregnancies.

Veggies forever:thumb_yello:

I'm a veggie!! :biggrin2: Don't eat meat but I'm not a vegan or anything.

I don't see the point in eating meat these days. though I do think children should eat meat but we can replace it with other things now. People would look weird at you when you say you eat other persons, but not when you fill your tummy with lams and chickens and cows. But I think it's the same thing. We are all animals, the only difference between a human being and a chicken is the IQ level. But when I look at the television, I'm not sure if this is true...:naughty:

Don't think I hate people who eat meat, I think you should decide that for yourself, I just don't understand them at times.:wink2:

My husband was a vegan when I met him! -that was really tough, but I managed to persuade him to eat cheese (it was the 80s -there was nothing else to eat instead of meat!)

A surprising number of my friends are veggie too now.

I've always been a very healthy veggie and have never been anaemic, not even during my 2 pregnancies.

Veggies forever:thumb_yello:

so you didn't eat fish nor meat during your pregnancies? because my mom keeps telling me that if one day I get pregnant I should absolutely eat meat during that period. I actually wanted to answer: then you'll rather never be a grandma :bleh:

I used to be vegetarian, but I started to eat chicken and fish when I got pregnant (after my doctor told me to) and kept doing it after also, it's easier that way anyway, then I don't have to cook dinner twice :mf_rosetinted: I was never a vegetarian because I don't want to eat animals, it was more because I don't really like meat, but chicken and fish can taste quite good :mf_rosetinted:

Hey, if you don't eat enough iron during pregnancy could it hurt the baby?

it's different for each person I believe! You need a lot of iron when you are pregnant, but most people can just have extra iron as tablets or whatever...I was told to eat meat because my overal health condition wasn't good at all and I needed to gain weight :boxed: I ended up gaining a LOT of weight :sneaky2:

Last year I made my New Years resolution to become a vegetarian, and I succeeded for almost four months, until my hair started falling out (I must've been not eating something that I needed) and then my mom made me start eating meat again.

it's strange how many of you got "sick" from not eating meat! I didn't feel any difference! that's why I keep claiming everywhere that you don't need meat :bleh:

I only felt a lot better psychologically after turning veggie