Mika to pen song for Westlife?

dcdeb

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not used to the idea of MIKA writting songs for other people and even making duet!

It's not right. They would get the credit and probably do well out of it, what would Mika get. If he writes for anybody should it not be for someone like him who is starting out and having a hard time getting a contract

If he is going to write for Westlife, he should go the whole hog and write songs for G4.....

:roftl:

I'm just trying to imagine G4 doing Mika songs......:blink:

Do you remember when they did Radiohead's "Creep"?

I am still cringeing about that to this day!:roftl:

(Sorry - not a fan of G4...)

:roftl:

I'm just trying to imagine G4 doing Mika songs......:blink:

Do you remember when they did Radiohead's "Creep"?

I am still cringeing about that to this day!:roftl:

(Sorry - not a fan of G4...)

They would no way do a Mika song justice. It would have to be somebody who can sing as high as Mika...

Ok... im gonna bite the bullet and i *know* i wont be popular...but im a moderator on a *very* sucessful westlife forum, and the news is over there too... all of the responses on there are very positive and people think it would be a privilidge for them to have a song written by such a 'talented real and bouncy' artist as Mika. People who think they couldnt get as high as him vocally have obviously never heard Mark Feehily when he lets loose, he is a very talented singer and has an extremely good top end voice. The lads have said themselves they havent enjoyed the cover albums they have done and are waiting for 'good songs by good writers'... hopefully Mika will give them something like that if this is true, and the next album would be a decent original album...

Come on guys! it is the Daily Star- who still see Elvis doing his thang every weekend!!

If MIKA feels he would be better doing that then all he has to do is look at Gary Barlow (okay hes popular again now hes back with the boys) but he was a wash out on his own just writing for other people. He needs the limelight to let him "Shine"-geddit!! (dunno if I should admit to this but I went to see him on his own at Manchester and he was actually quite good but had to wow the audience with the Take That songs and routine) Then take a lookey at Mr Robert Williams and see what he did with his time-okay the women,drugs,drink and pills didn't help but that aside its alot better than that guy who wrote songs for....what was his name again?

Come on Mika you know you need that limelight too don't go giving it to some dead end hadit boy band that make Louis Walsh's Mammy happy

xx

I think we all know the news is not true, but it is a nice thread - it makes people share their thougths and reveal their taste :wink2:

Come on guys! it is the Daily Star- who still see Elvis doing his thang every weekend!!

If MIKA feels he would be better doing that then all he has to do is look at Gary Barlow (okay hes popular again now hes back with the boys) but he was a wash out on his own just writing for other people. He needs the limelight to let him "Shine"-geddit!! (dunno if I should admit to this but I went to see him on his own at Manchester and he was actually quite good but had to wow the audience with the Take That songs and routine) Then take a lookey at Mr Robert Williams and see what he did with his time-okay the women,drugs,drink and pills didn't help but that aside its alot better than that guy who wrote songs for....what was his name again?

Come on Mika you know you need that limelight too don't go giving it to some dead end hadit boy band that make Louis Walsh's Mammy happy

xx

I remember seeing Gary at Cardiff, never a Take That fan but I did like Gary, and quite enjoyed it.

As far as the Westlife thing goes, again not a fan, and would rather Mika concentrate on his own thing for now, but maybe in a couple of years when he is much more established, then write songs for other artists, and artists who are more suited to his style.

I think it's great!

Mika is a singer-songwriter (an amazing one),

Im sure he could make a song for a band like Westlife in no time...

I still wont believe this article is true.

i don't think this thing is true..in an interview he did a grimace when he heard the westlife's name: ok, it was a joke, he was kidding i know, but i think if he's gonna write a song for someone he'd do for someone he likes very very much.