Johnny Depp Thread

bee

This one -- Depp and Cotillard were the only good things about the film. Then there's this one. Or this one. Well, Rolling Stone thought it was awesome. :mf_rosetinted:

That's why I hate reading reviews. It makes me doubt how I feel about the film. :/ I think critics are usually too harsh. I mean, it's made for entertainment, enjoy it! Although I do agree that Christian Bale is pretty bleh.

That's why I hate reading reviews. It makes me doubt how I feel about the film. :/ I think critics are usually too harsh. I mean, it's made for entertainment, enjoy it! Although I do agree that Christian Bale is pretty bleh.

True, true. Sometimes I think the opposite of what the critics think (and sometimes the same).

Bale wasn't the best part of the movie, I wouldn't say.

True, true. Sometimes I think the opposite of what the critics think (and sometimes the same).

Bale wasn't the best part of the movie, I wouldn't say.

Mmhm. Is Bale ever the best part of any movie? I mean, Batman Begins was good, but I just hated him in The Dark Knight. I kept getting pissed when Heath Ledger wasn't on screen, and felt like they were wasting time with Batman.

Batman shouldn't even count as a superhero. He's just rich. He has no powers!

But that's another rant. No one really shines next to Johnny Depp. :)

Mmhm. Is Bale ever the best part of any movie? I mean, Batman Begins was good, but I just hated him in The Dark Knight. I kept getting pissed when Heath Ledger wasn't on screen, and felt like they were wasting time with Batman.

Batman shouldn't even count as a superhero. He's just rich. He has no powers!

But that's another rant. No one really shines next to Johnny Depp. :)

Ha you are opinonated about Batman. :naughty:

I would say so as well. Sometimes if the movie isn't great (gasp, I know :lol3:), Johhny's acting is always spot on and wonderful -- and sometimes the best thing about the film.

But that's just my opinion...of course. :aah:

Ha you are opinonated about Batman. :naughty:

I would say so as well. Sometimes if the movie isn't great (gasp, I know :lol3:), Johhny's acting is always spot on and wonderful -- and sometimes the best thing about the film.

But that's just my opinion...of course. :aah:

Indeed I am. You should hear my rants about the Hulk. How I loathe Bruce Banner..

Mmmhm. You know, I've never gotten to the end of Edward Scissorhands. Someone always seizes the remote from me.

Indeed I am. You should hear my rants about the Hulk. How I loathe Bruce Banner..

Mmmhm. You know, I've never gotten to the end of Edward Scissorhands. Someone always seizes the remote from me.

I don't think I want to get into that. :roftl:

Watch it when nobody is home. :naughty:

:wub2:

That's why I love Johnny! :wub2:

I never read reviews. They're always just the opinions of whoever writes them, although they always claim to be right by using arguments out of film theory. But I happen to study film theory, and you can use every argument to prove your own point anyway. :teehee: (But that's only my opinion, of course. :mf_rosetinted:)

No no. O_o

That's creepy. :shocked:

Plust way too soon.

And just... no.

:roftl:

Way too soon, yes. And, I dunno, they don't exactly look the same. Then again some people said Johnny as Wonka reminded them of Michael Jackson so...:dunno::mf_rosetinted:

And Johnny can embody ANYBODY so I wouldn't be surprised if this rumour is made out to be true and Johnny is the spitting image of MJ.

But, at this point, it's a rumour.

Way too soon, yes. And, I dunno, they don't exactly look the same. Then again some people said Johnny as Wonka reminded them of Michael Jackson so...:dunno::mf_rosetinted:

Yeah, I never really saw that anyway... And I always thought Johnny as Wonka was funny creepy. To me, Michael Jackson always just seemed... creepy. No offense to any Jackson fans, he was a great artist and looked great when he was younger.

I just can't see Johnny as Michael. But I think this is just one of those rumours that'll go away.

• 2 weeks later...

I was on holiday in London last week and we were visiting Westminster Abbey when I saw this guy who looked just like Johnny. At first I thought it might really be him, but then I heard him talking, and it definitely wasn't the real Johnny.

The more I think about it, the creepier that guy seems though. At first I thought he just happened to look like him, but I think he must make some kind of a living out of it, because he didn't just dress like Johnny, he even had a tattoo of a 3 on his left hand. :blink:

Very creepy. :blink:

(I just felt like sharing this story, cos it was so surreal. Especially because that night I'd had 4 dreams in a row about meeting Johnny, which is very strange, because I never have dreams like that. :roftl: So seeing that look-a-like, made me wonder for a sec if I was dreaming again. :roftl:)

I was on holiday in London last week and we were visiting Westminster Abbey when I saw this guy who looked just like Johnny. At first I thought it might really be him, but then I heard him talking, and it definitely wasn't the real Johnny.

The more I think about it, the creepier that guy seems though. At first I thought he just happened to look like him, but I think he must make some kind of a living out of it, because he didn't just dress like Johnny, he even had a tattoo of a 3 on his left hand. :blink:

Very creepy. :blink:

(I just felt like sharing this story, cos it was so surreal. Especially because that night I'd had 4 dreams in a row about meeting Johnny, which is very strange, because I never have dreams like that. :roftl: So seeing that look-a-like, made me wonder for a sec if I was dreaming again. :roftl:)

What if it was him? Except he was speaking differently? Maybe he had a cold?