Johnny Depp Thread

bee

Yeah, more twists... :aah:

Me either... I thought all the Jacks on the ship in the afterlife or whatever it was, was a bit farfetched, so anything even more science-fictiony I might not be able to handle. :aah:

Omg same! :shocked: The hallucination thing, where Jack saw himself over and over -- I did a "wtf? :blink::aah:" when watching it, ha.

Yeah, so weird! (Funny, cause Johnny can pull it off, but weird all the same. :aah:)

They've kinda lost all sense of plot already. Why make a 4th one when you have to resort to science fiction to make a pirate film? :blink:

Yeah, so weird! (Funny, cause Johnny can pull it off, but weird all the same. :aah:)

They've kinda lost all sense of plot already. Why make a 4th one when you have to resort to science fiction to make a pirate film? :blink:

:naughty: He's just skilled like that.

I agree. Maybe they're trying to appeal to a wider audience? :dunno: Not that everyone doesn't love it already...

Edited by iadoremika

He definitely is. :teehee:

I don't know. Personally I just think they're trying to make even more money. You know, completely use every last inch of film and merchandise until everybody's grown to hate it. :aah:

(I'm known to be a pessimist. :mf_rosetinted:)

He definitely is. :teehee:

I don't know. Personally I just think they're trying to make even more money. You know, completely use every last inch of film and merchandise until everybody's grown to hate it. :aah:

(I'm known to be a pessimist. :mf_rosetinted:)

:naughty:

No, your idea is probably more plausible. You're not a pessimist, you're...realistic. :teehee:

I don't want to be realistic in this case... :aah:

I want them to make the movie cause it'll be good, not just because they're gonna make millions off of it. But that's how Hollywood works, I suppose. :dunno:

Maybe we should just trust in Johnny. So far I've liked all of his movies. :biggrin2:

He'll know what he's doing... right? :aah:

I don't want to be realistic in this case... :aah:

I want them to make the movie cause it'll be good, not just because they're gonna make millions off of it. But that's how Hollywood works, I suppose. :dunno:

Maybe we should just trust in Johnny. So far I've liked all of his movies. :biggrin2:

He'll know what he's doing... right? :aah:

Yeah, I'd say so. Well, why would Hollywood be as big of an industry as it is if everyone didn't want to make buttloads of money. :naughty:

Of course! Even if the movie, in its entirety, is sh**ty Johnny's acting is always spot on.

Why am I only stumbling upon this thread now???? I am a HUGE Johnny fan and have been for 6 years now. He's the best (and hottest) actor I've ever seen.

My absolute favourite film of his has to be 'Benny & Joon', which is also my all-time favourite film.

Other notable mentions are 'CATCF', 'POTC1', 'Finding Neverland' and 'WEGG?'

:wub2:

:lmfao: I think so.

Yes...we must. We will. :hypo:

Johnny. Johnny. Johnny. Johnny. Johnny.

(Maybe if we'll chant this long and loud enough, he'll hear us and make sure the movie will be good. :mf_rosetinted:)

Why am I only stumbling upon this thread now???? I am a HUGE Johnny fan and have been for 6 years now. He's the best (and hottest) actor I've ever seen.

My absolute favourite film of his has to be 'Benny & Joon', which is also my all-time favourite film.

Because this thread's been buried away on page 10 or something for about a month now. :aah:

Benny & Joon is awesome! :wub2:

You should really watch 'The Brave' (if you haven't seen it yet). It's amazing. :wub2:

Edited by Nielo

I like those as well! Especially "Benny & Joon" and "What's Eating Gilbert Grap". :) Nice choices! :naughty:

Johnny. Johnny. Johnny. Johnny. Johnny.

(Maybe if we'll chant this long and loud enough, he'll hear us and make sure the movie will be good. :mf_rosetinted:)

*continues chant in head* :mf_rosetinted:

*continues chant in head* :mf_rosetinted:

*chant chant chant*

There's also a rumour Johnny's got a house here in Amsterdam. Now, I don't really believe that, but it couldn't hurt slipping a note under the door that says 'Don't do pirates if the script sucks :mf_rosetinted:'.

:mf_rosetinted:

Since the last 'POTC' film was a real dud I'm not sure how they're going to handle doing a 4th one.

:dunno:

Exactly. It's almost never a good idea to make a 4th movie... When has that ever worked? (Except for movies based on books that is. Harry Potter will be fine (imo) for 7 movies, cause there were 7 books.)

I'm not a huge fan of sci-fi films. I know Johnny has tackled sci-fi before but I don't think it would work with the POTC franchise.

I agree. There's somthing about pirates that just doesn't quite match aliens and freaky future technology and stuff. Maybe because those are two genres that have quite enough weird things to deal with without being mixed. :mf_rosetinted::aah:

I'll be curious to see what changes (if any) the new director can bring to the franchise.

I think Gore Verbinski's going to direct it again actually. Although I wouldn't be surprised if that would change.

I think Gore Verbinski's going to direct it again actually. Although I wouldn't be surprised if that would change.

I read a few weeks ago that Gore Verbinski wouldn't be directing the next film as he wanted to move on to other projects.

I read a few weeks ago that Gore Verbinski wouldn't be directing the next film as he wanted to move on to other projects.

Oh, the articles I read mentioned he'd be 'returning to the franchise'. But then again, the press can hardly be considered reliable on things like this. :teehee:

I dunno, I kinda liked the last one better than the 2nd. Although that might just be entirely because of Keith Richards. :naughty:

Yeah, apparently the only ones "confirmed" back are Johnny Depp and Geoffrey Rush. Neither Orlando, nor Keira will be in the 4th one.