Gah!! Exactly! Haha, that's what I'm thinking, and you are able to put it in words :naughty:

Mika is my fun but still taken seriously musician, and Rufus is my musician that can be there to understand feelings... I guess. Yeah, you get what I mean :wink2:

I have no seen him live! I had the chance to (he was playing about 30 minutes away from where I live, about two weeks ago), but I had just gone to the Mika acoustic gig and my parents wouldn't let me go to Rufus. Next time though! Have you??

Aww that sucks. He'll come around again though. Yes I have! Wait until you get to see him, you'll die. This past october I saw him and it seriously changed my life... not to sound melodramatic but it did. I sobbed it was so beautiful. It was so perfect really, I've waited years to see him and he ended up coming to my favorite venue and it was so incredible. I got to meet him briefly after the show, enough for him to sign my CD and shake my hand. He was such a sweetheart. Ah I can't wait until I get to see him again.

did you guys know that rufus is going to be a guest on the show called spectacles (with elvis costello) friday night! :wink2:

Ohhh my sister told me about that show. Thanks for letting us know :wink2:

Ohhh my sister told me about that show. Thanks for letting us know :wink2:

i keep forgetting to watch that show, it comes on at 10:00 friday night. they had quite a few great artists i wanted to watch but keep forgetting :doh:

i keep forgetting to watch that show, it comes on at 10:00 friday night. they had quite a few great artists i wanted to watch but keep forgetting :doh:

Yeah, I haven't been able to watch an episode yet :teehee:. Hopefully I can remember this week.

Aww that sucks. He'll come around again though. Yes I have! Wait until you get to see him, you'll die. This past october I saw him and it seriously changed my life... not to sound melodramatic but it did. I sobbed it was so beautiful. It was so perfect really, I've waited years to see him and he ended up coming to my favorite venue and it was so incredible. I got to meet him briefly after the show, enough for him to sign my CD and shake my hand. He was such a sweetheart. Ah I can't wait until I get to see him again.

Oh my goodness! That sounds marvelous. You must've had a perfect time :wub2:

I'm glad you had such a good time! I'm dying to see him.. I regret not trying to convince my parents to let me go.

Well, next time! Maybe after his opera he'll do some touring.

I hope his opera comes to different states in the US!!!

Oh my goodness! That sounds marvelous. You must've had a perfect time :wub2:

I'm glad you had such a good time! I'm dying to see him.. I regret not trying to convince my parents to let me go.

Well, next time! Maybe after his opera he'll do some touring.

I hope his opera comes to different states in the US!!!

Same here, I'm dying to see it. I read somewhere that it's debuting in N. America in Toronto in spring of 2010 :boxed: I have no idea, that just seems so far away.

Anyone having a link to the opera or at least some parts of it, please?????

I am dying to listen

As far as I know, there has been nothing released from the Opera. I'm hoping that after it debuts this summer some kind of recording will be released but I haven't heard anything. :huh:

As far as I know, there has been nothing released from the Opera. I'm hoping that after it debuts this summer some kind of recording will be released but I haven't heard anything. :huh:

I was only wondering because you also get bootleg opera performances posted on youtube sometimes... seems the audience of Rufus' s opera is not into this idea as I have already searched on it on Youtube

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

ok, i HAD to bring this thread back to life.

rufus wainwright is so talented it's not even funny.

and i went from not knowing who he was to singing along his songs at a concert in two weeks. i fell in love with his music over one night and knew i had to go and see him live as fast as i could. and i did. he's just amazing! wooo rufus! and he's so very charming!

ok, i HAD to bring this thread back to life.

rufus wainwright is so talented it's not even funny.

and i went from not knowing who he was to singing along his songs at a concert in two weeks. i fell in love with his music over one night and knew i had to go and see him live as fast as i could. and i did. he's just amazing! wooo rufus! and he's so very charming!

OMG!!! Me too Me too! When I was gonna go to a show . . I got ALL his cd's and learned ALL the songs in like a week . . . and EVER since then I have been HOOKED!!!! He is the MOST amazing human being on earth! I love him! :swoon:

I love Rufus Wainwright, but I have got to admit that when my sister was playing a dvd from him I really disliked it (probably because she liked it:teehee:).

Then there was this documentary about his life on the national television here which we recorded and I had to watch it from my family during dinner, and I'm glad I did because I was quite intrigued by him. However, I didn't listen to his music until this year after I was on holiday in the UK and saw him on a BBC documentary about the making of his opera (I love playing opera myself). A few days later I saw him performing on Jonathan Ross and when I came home I learned a lot of his songs and was completely hooked.

Now I know almost all of his songs and if he comes to perform here in the Netherlands I definitely will go.:wub2:

(oh god, this was a long post with a lot of "I"'s in it, hope I haven't bored you all:aah::blush-anim-cl:)

I love Rufus Wainwright, but I have got to admit that when my sister was playing a dvd from him I really disliked it (probably because she liked it:teehee:).

Then there was this documentary about his life on the national television here which we recorded and I had to watch it from my family during dinner, and I'm glad I did because I was quite intrigued by him. However, I didn't listen to his music until this year after I was on holiday in the UK and saw him on a BBC documentary about the making of his opera (I love playing opera myself). A few days later I saw him performing on Jonathan Ross and when I came home I learned a lot of his songs and was completely hooked.

Now I know almost all of his songs and if he comes to perform here in the Netherlands I definitely will go.:wub2:

(oh god, this was a long post with a lot of "I"'s in it, hope I haven't bored you all:aah::blush-anim-cl:)

NOT at all!!!! :wub2:

I love hearing about Rufus (in any form) I love all of the documentry's I have seen on him! I love the way he talks . . and his LAUGH <is to die for> He is TOO adorkable! Aaahhhhh . . . I think ANYONE who t r u l y appreciates (quality) MUSIC would HAVE no choice but to fall madly in love with Rufus! He is a mastermind - through and through! :swoon:

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

He's playing in town tonight and tomorrow night. I JUST found out about it last night though, but I really hope it works out! Tickets are like 40 bux for a good spot, so we'll see about that

My fingers are crossed!!

• 1 month later...

So I was sitting in a pub, the second thursday in a row and it was karaoke night. I was immediately accepted into the group of musical theatre lovers after my first performance of Love Today. I happened to mention to a starlet girl named Catherine that I wanted to do a really theatrical version of Release the Stars one day when I learned how to reach a few notes that I'm having trouble with and she said "Oh yeah, he's coming to Wellington isn't he?" I was like :jawdrop: and screamed. I turned to my mother who sat at another table and said "RUFUS IS COMING TO WELLINGTON!" with eyes bright.

She looked at me with a smike and said "I know."

This was only about 2 weeks ago and I was quite hurt that she hadn't told me that he was coming as she knows how much I adore Rufus. But lets face it, she doesn't like him and she's a bit selfish when it comes to musicians she doesn't like. I did ask why exactly she hadn't told me and she simply said because she didn't want to drop me off and pick me up from the venue. To which I turned to Granddad and said "Will YOU pick me up and drop me off?" and he said if I got the tickets, he'd take me.

She would have known THAT too but this isn't about my anger at my mother, it's about Rufus's show.

So I started saving but I knew I wouldn't get enough before Christmas. The front tickets were $98 and before Christmas, I had only $36 but I knew I'd get a little from some person as gifts and I could make the rest selling homemade fudge to the oldies in the retirement village. My mother wouldn't help me because she said she hates his music and makes her want to top herself. I kept going.

So I got the money for Christmas and Granddad called ticketek this morning and the front row seats are all sold ut. It turns out the tickets have been on sale for a long time now and my mother had really kept if grom me for a while.

I am legally blind and would have had so much trouble so as far as I could see, it was over and I couldn't go. But she was so selfish a monster to have not told me and now I couldn't actually SEE Rufus. I know she isn't very happy in her life and she makes herself feel better by making others feel really bad, but that was harsh even for her. I decided she was being a horrible person and I wasn't going to let her win. So we went to the ticket office and saw where the closest available seats were. The best one was a seet in row E.

That's like the back of the back. Granddad was really sad for me but I bought it. He found some binoculars for me and said that I should try and sneak down during the start of the show and stand in front. I decided that because the back row was $15 cheaper than the front row, that was $15 to put towards seeing Mika.

She hates Mika too.

So I was wondering what advice the Ruru-meeters may have for getting to where he is before/after the show or if you might know a thing or two about typical venues.

I was drawing on my experience with James Blunt's show last year (April 30 2008) that I could wait for a few hours beforehand and be front of the que and just go down the front. Do you think I might have an usher by chance?