GMA Free Outdoor Mika Concert - Bryant Park, New York City

Yoppappop

• Replies 911
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have to admit there might be a part 6 and even seven before i finish. I haven't even gotten to through the first gig and i met Mika backstage at both.

Ok.... part 4,part 4?? So i'm a bit confused but good new is i've found my place.:naughty:

So i was finally listening to the sound check but still near enough to Mika's mom and sisters(Yasmine and Zulieka) not to take any long looks at Mika, just in case he was still glaring at me. Luckily he turned his attention to the crowd outside in between breaks.

Just as i was starting to enjoy myself, Walter one of the head security guards(i knew them all on a first name bases by this time) came up to me and said that he needed to talk to me. I was a bit afraid but i was a lot more confident that it would be harder to throw me out after all that had happened, so i just kept my cool. I followed him right in front of the stage where the sound check was going on,trying so hard not to look over at Mika and the band and crossed the room to the front entrance where they were letting people in......... or should i say, not letting people in? Haha. At first i though i was going outside when i was met by two glass doors. He stopped me right in front and went outside for a bit. Right in front of the doors were Naomi and a bunch of other people that I'd seen from this morning. I was about to try and motion something to them like, " i'll get you in" but Walter had come back now with a man and a women by his side. He introduced them as Samantha Green and .. ok, i don't remember the guys name but apparently he was someone from a radio station in NY. Walter told me that Samantha and....(we'll just call him Bob) Bob :naughty: both had VIP list and he wanted to know what list i had because it seemed that Bob's list was from a radio station competition and mine and Samantha's were very similar. So we compared lists, which were exactly the same and i explained to Samantha that i was supposed to meet with her to make sure that all the MFC members got in. She quickly excepted this(good thing is was true) and deemed me her assistant. She said that she was waiting to meet me and that she needed my help setting this whole thing up because she didn't know everyone and was a bit confused. So once again we compared list and made sure we had the same names checked off. It was funny because i saw my name on the list and she was like" I'm looking for this person i heard she was here". I was like, "oh thats me" and for a second there Walter was giving me a suspicious look, but by that time i didn't care. We laughed it off and just continued what we were doing. Then she and Bob left meat the door. I though to myself 'this was my chance". I opened the door and called Naomi. Walter shut the door and said we can't let anybody in yet. So i quickly pulled out my phone and said " that is my assistant. I've been trying to call her all day and she's been waiting in the crowd all this time." Walter was shocked, he relied" oh thats your assistant? I'm sorry lets get her in then." So he pulled Naomi in and i gave her the other VIP/ GMA tag that Mika's mom had given me earlier. Just then I had an internal moment of triumph when Naomi says to Walter" wow, thanks, we didn't know how this VIP thing works so we were all confused". I went into complete shock(Naomi i love you!). She was about to give me away completely. But i stayed calm, said something funny to Walter which got his mind off of what Naomi had said and pulled Noami back into the studio where the sound check was going on. I had a bit of a chat with her about what she had almost done and we laughed it off and then got serious. Now with both of us inside we had to stay professional to keep this going.

Samantha returned shortly afterwards and i introduced Naomi as my assistant after which she lead us to the side wall where Mika and the band were just getting off the stage. I was kinda disappointed that i missed all of the sound check but it was nice to be so close to Mikey,Martin, Mika, Luke and Cherisse.

Mika and Cherisse disappeared into the backstage area before anyone else did but the guys kinda stuck around behind us chatting for a bit with the sound guys. I think we both were a bit tempted to turn around and have a chat but we thought better of it and let them leave instead. Shortly after that, someone brought a big box of shirts up to the from of the stage. Samantha came over and asked us to stand near the box and wait until she came back.

So we waited feeling completely awkward to be standing in front of the stage while so many eyes were looking at us. We waited for quite a bit of time with which i started to share with Naomi about recent events back stage in an inconspicuous manner as to not draw any attention to us. About five minutes into my story, i noticed that Mika was peeking out of the door leading back stage and talking to his production manager Ray. He was trying really hard not to be seen. I turned my back to him a bit to tell Naomi what a was seeing but as she turned to look, Mika had passed right behind us onto the stage with papers and a black marker in hand. We both looked in shock as he kneel down by the drum set and started to write on these pieces of paper. At first my attention was averted to the fact that his butt crack was showing :roftl: and I thought to myself, "that shirt is getting way too small for hiim" when he got up and started to hold his sign up to the window. He went from one window on one side of the stage, to the next. He kept kneeling down, writing more on his paper and holding it up for the crowd outside to read.

I wished i was in the crowd at that very moment. I couldn't see what was on those notes but had a feeling Mika didn't want any of the people in the studio to see what he had written. After doing this for a bit and having security get on stage to try and stop him, he finished quickly and walked off, not even looking in out direction. Right then, i really hated being a VIP i hated that i was in and not out there with everyone else. I had a feeling that Mika thought we were a part of the GMA crew, which he seemed to loath at the moment for letting his fans suffer outside in the rain. I just told myself, "I will have a chance to meet him and explain all of this and hopefully, he will take me/us off his hate list."

He had gone and i really wanted to go up on stage and get those notes. I started to wonder how i could get away with it as it was so close and curiosity was getting the best of me. But Naomi advised me otherwise. It had nothing to do with my job and would be really suspicious. Besides we were right in front of everyones view, so there was no way of getting away with it.

After i had given up hope of getting those papers, i just waited. Samantha returned with another security guard named Lu and told us that plans had changed. We were now going to give the shirts to 30 people outside as apposed to the MFC members. We only had 60 shirts as is and 44 MFC members, so only a few of us wouldn't get one. I as well as Naomi immediately thought to ourselves that we would sacrifice our shirts for the those people and started sorting the box of shirts into sizes to make it easier to pass out. Half way through this, a young lady came up to us and said that she was coming on behalf of Mika who wanted her to choose ten people from outside to come into the studio. I was so happy to see her. She was coming to us on behalf of Mika, who wouldn't be happy? Samantha on the other hand was a bit opposed to this idea. She said that the producers at GMA already discussed this and decided that it wasn't going to happen because of the limited space in the studio. I quickly looked around the studio and spotted a corner right behind the main camera that was directly in front of the stage. I told Samantha that ten people could fit right over there but she was still insistent on the decision that was made. So i introduced myself to the lady who name was Michelle and we automatically clicked. She said that she'd be right back and strode off backstage. Samantha noticed Naomi and i looking at her in a questionable way. She quickly stated that she was the one who was trying to make sure people get in and that she was really excited about the gig today and hated that more people couldn't fit in the studio. She seemed very sincere so Naomi and i let her off the hook. We did notice her diligence in make sure all the MFC was accounted for and she was very sweet when addressing the other Mikafans waitng outside. She said she wanted to make so many exceptions but didn't have the power to do so.

A moment later Michelle had come back and said that Mika still wanted to get ten people from outside to come in, kinda of like his personal request for GMA. Samantha quickly excepted this left us for a brief moment to explain to the producers what was happening. I turned to Michelle and told her that we could help her choose people when we go out and present the crowd with t-shirts. I asked her if she could help us carry shirts out,which she agreed too. Samantha had come back to tell us to stay put while she went to get security for our venture outside. I had a small chat with Michelle bit more and told her that Mika was being so sweet communicating to his fans and now wanting to get more people in as a gesture of his sincerity. She looked a bit surprised as to what i was saying, but i went on to explain to her that i was a huge Mikafan and was representing the MFC. She seemed very pleased to hear this after which we just waited for Samantha to come back with security.

I have to admit there might be a part 6 and even seven before i finish. I haven't even gotten to through the first gig and i met Mika backstage at both.

Ok.... part 4,part 4?? So i'm a bit confused but good new is i've found my place.:naughty:

So i was finally listening to the sound check but still near enough to Mika's mom and sisters(Yasmine and Zulieka) not to take any long looks at Mika, just in case he was still glaring at me. luckily he turned his attention to the crowd outside in between breaks.

Just as i was starting to enjoy myself. Walter one of the head security guards(i knew them all on a first name bases by this time) came up to and said that he needed to talk to me. I was a bit afraid but i was a lot more confident that it would be harder to throw me out after all that had happened, so i just kept my cool. I followed him right in front of the stage where the sound check was going on ,trying so hard not to look over at Mika band and crossed the room to the front entrance where they were letting people in......... or should i say not letting people in? Haha. At first i though i was going out side when i was met by two glass doors. He stopped me right in front and went outside for a bit. Right in front of the doors were Naomi and a bunch of other people that I'd seen from this morning. I was about to try and motion something to them like, " i'll get you in" but Walter had come back now with a man and a women by his side. He introduced them as Samantha Green and .. ok i don't remember the guys name but apparently he was someone a radio station in NY. Walter told me that Samantha and....(we'll just call him Bob) Bob :naughty: both had VIP list and he wanted to know what list i had because it seemed that Bob's list was from a radio station competition and mine and Samantha's were very similar. So we compared list, which were exactly the same and i explained to Samantha that i was supposed to meet with her to make sure that all the MFC members got in. She quickly excepted this(good thing is was true) and deemed me her assistant. She said that she was waiting to meet me and that she needed my help setting this whole thing up because she didn't know everyone and was a bit confused. So once again we compared list and made sure we had the same names checked off. It was funny because i saw my name on the list and she was like" I'm looking for this person i heard she was here". I was like, "oh thats me" and for a second there Walter was giving a suspicious look but by that time i didn't care. We laughed it off and just continued what we were doing. Then she and the Bob left me.at the door. I though to myself 'this was my chance". I opened the door and called Naomi. Walter shut the door and said we can't let anybody in yet. So i quickly pulled out my phone and said " that is my assistant. I've been trying to call her all day and she's been waiting in the crowd all this time." Walter was shocked , he was" oh thats your assistant? I'm sorry lets get her in them. So he pulled Naomi and i gave her the other VIP/ GMA tag that Mika's mom had given me earlier. i had an internal moment of triumph when Naomi says to Walter" wow, thanks, we didn't know how this VIP thing worked so we were all confused" I was in complete shock.(Naomi i love you!) She was about to give me away completely. But i stayed calm , said something funny to Walter which got his mind off of what Naomi had just said and pulled Noami back into the studio where the sound check was going on. I had a bit of a chat with her about what she had almost done and we laughed and then got serious. Now with both of us inside we had to stay professional to keep this going.

Samantha returned shortly afterwards and i introduced Naomi as my assistant after which she lead us to the side wall where Mika's and the band were just getting off the stage. i was kinda disappointed that i missed all of the sound check but it was nice to be so close to Mikey,Martin, Mika, Luke and Cherisse.

Mika and Cherisse disappeared into the backstage area before anyone else did but the guys kinda stuck around behind us chatting for a bit with the sound guys. I think we both were a bit tempted to turn around and have a chat but we though better of it and let them leave instead. Shortly after that someone brought a big box of shirts up to the from of the stage. Samantha came over and asked us to stand near the box and wait until she came back.

So we did but it was completely awkward to be standing in front of the stage while so many eyes were looking at us. We waited for quite a bit of time which i started to share with Naomi about recent events back stage in an inconspicuous manner as to not draw any attention to us. About five minutes into my story i noticed that Mika was peeking out of the door leading back stage and talking to ray. He was trying really hard not to be seen. i turned my back to him a bit to tell Naomi what a was seeing but right as she turned to look Mika had passed right behind us onto the stage with papers and a black marker in hand. We looked in shock as he kneel down by the drum set and started to write on these pieces of paper. At first my attention was averted to the fact that his but crack was showing :roftl: and though tot myself " that shirt is getting way too small from" when he got up and started to hold his sign up to the window. he went from on window on one side of the stage to the next. He kept kneeling down, writing more on he paper and holding this up the to crowd to read I wished i was in the crowd at that time because i couldn't see what was on those notes. I had a feeling Mika didn't want any of the people in the studio to see what he had written. After doing this for a bit and having security get on stage to try and stop him. He finished an walked off not even looking at Naomi and I. Right then i really hated being a VIP i hated that i was in and not out there with everyone else. I had a feeling that Mika thought we were a part of the GMA crew, which he seemed to loath at the moment for letting his fans suffer out side in the rain. I just told myself, " will have a chance to meet him and explain and hopefully he will take me off his hate list." He had gone and i really, really wanted to go up on stage and get those notes. I wasn't wondering how i could get away with it as it was so close and curiosity was getting the best of me. But Naomi advised me otherwise. I had nothing to do with my job and would be really suspicious. Besides we were right in front of everyones view so there was no way of getting away with it.

After i had given up hope of getting those papers i just waited. Samantha returned with another security guard named Lu and told us that plans had changed. We were now going to give the shirts to 30 people outside as apposed to the MFC members. We only had 60 shirts as is and 44 mfc members so only a few of us wouldn't get one. I as well as Naomi immediately though we sacrifice our shirts for the those people and started sorting the box of shirts into sizes to make it easier to pass out. half way through this a young lady came up to us and said that she was coming on behalf of Mika who wanted her to choose ten people from outside to come into the studio. i was so happy to see her. She was coming to us on behalf of Mika, who wouldn't be happy? Samantha on the other hand was a bit opposed to this idea. She said that the producers at GMA already discussed this and decided that it wasn't going to happen because of space. I quickly looked around the studio and spotted a corner right be hind the main camera that was directly in front of the stage. i told Samantha that ten people could fit over there but she was still insistent on the decision that was made. So i introduced my self to the lady who name was Michelle and we automatically clicked. She said that she's be right back and strode off backstage. Samantha my Naomi and i looking at her in a questionable way. She quickly stated that she was the one who was trying to make sure people get in and that she was really excited about the gig today and hated that more people couldn't fit in the studio. She seemed very sincere so Naomi and i let her off the hook. We did notice her diligence in make sure all the MFC was accounted for and she was very sweet when addressing the other Mikafans waitng outside. She said she wanted to make so many exceptions but didn't have the power to do so.

A moment later Michelle had come back and said that mika still wants to do it and that it was going to happen. She was so sweet. I told her that we could help her choose people when we go out and present the crowd with t-shirts. I asked her if she could help us carry shirts out,which she agreed too. Samantha said she'd be right back. She told us she needed to make sure security would come with us so we didn't get mobbed when passing out the shirts. I had a small chat with Michelle for a bit and told her that Mika was being so sweet communicating to his fans and now wanting to get more people in as a gesture of his sincerity. She looked a bit surprise as to what i was saying , when i went on to explain to her that i was a huge mika fan and was representing the MFC. She seemed very pleased to hear this after which we just waited for Samantha to come back with security.

AMAZING....

My nose is almost touching the monitor.:naughty:

THank you, Cynthia....part 4 was great! The story gets better and better....can't wait for the next parts. I like it in installments tho....something to look forward to, better than any novel I've read lately.

Thanks again, YOU ROCK :punk:

This is like a juicy novel that I can't put down. Or it's like watching a juicy drama on tv and getting really into it, then at the end of the episode it says "to be continued..."

Exactly!!!!!!! You took the words right out of my mouth!:thumb_yello:

Cynthia..appreciate your effort ...it is sooo long and there's more to come. I'm intrigued by your experience... thanks for sharing. :biggrin2: can't wait for the next installation... btw can't believe they asked you if they could let 10 more ppl in:blink: what's that all about.... :blink:

Cynthia..appreciate your effort ...it is sooo long and there's more to come. I'm intrigued by your experience... thanks for sharing. :biggrin2: can't wait for the next installation... btw can't believe they asked you if they could let 10 more ppl in:blink: what's that all about.... :blink:

It was a request from Mika. He was trying to do something for the fans and he knew there wasn't enough space, so he only requested ten more people.

It was a request from Mika. He was trying to do something for the fans and he knew there wasn't enough space, so he only requested ten more people.

That was really sweet of him! He really does do what he can for his fans

I know i should be sleeping but i didn't have a chance to read anyone else reports for I've read them all and i will finish mine in a bit. You guys are lucky in your own right. i will explain in the next few "installments" as there being called.

I have to add that i am really happy that you all like my writing style. I really think my writing sucks but I'm glad you all are enjoying it. You guys know how to make people feel good about themselves. :thumb_yello::punk::blush-anim-cl:

:naughty: I understand the part where Mika wanting to let more ppl in ... what i don't get is the fact they asked Naomi and you... like you owned the place :naughty: excellent.. :roftl: :roftl: