GMA Free Outdoor Mika Concert - Bryant Park, New York City

Yoppappop

Woot woot! :cheers:

hahah you know, now that i think about it, Mika is a famous guy. I mean even meeting him once is a major accomplishment. I imagined something WAY exciting, but we were rushed, being scared by security guys, and nervous. All of that together and with Mika looking tired is bound to lower the experience a bit. So I'm glad we at least got to give him our gifts. :) Next time will be better :punk:

That's a great way of looking at it!

• Replies 911
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Woot woot! :cheers:

hahah you know, now that i think about it, Mika is a famous guy. I mean even meeting him once is a major accomplishment. I imagined something WAY exciting, but we were rushed, being scared by security guys, and nervous. All of that together and with Mika looking tired is bound to lower the experience a bit. So I'm glad I at least got to give him our gifts. :) Next time will be better :punk:

Yea,exactly!

I honestly wasn't expecting to meet him.I bought my gift as a JUST IN CASE thing. Thankfully I did! I even bought it at the last minute!

And I agree! Because come next time he tours, we don't know HOW big he will be. Which is a little scary, because that would make it harder to meet him.

I sound selfish. :(:sorry:

Yea,exactly!

I honestly wasn't expecting to meet him.I bought my gift as a JUST IN CASE thing. Thankfully I did! I even bought it at the last minute!

And I agree! Because come next time he tours, we don't know HOW big he will be. Which is a little scary, because that would make it harder to meet him.

I sound selfish. :(:sorry:

I worry about the same thing. You're not selfish, just human.

I agree. I wish I had more time to chat.

I feel very lucky though, because he took a picture with me.

I just wish I could see the rest of his reactions to the scrapbook, I hope they were all as great as they were when he looked at the first page,ahahahahaha.

I still haven't gotten a picture with him! But next time he's not getting away that easy! I was so close at GMA! My cousins took one with him and then just as I was about to ask him he smiled and turned around.

Grrr:sneaky2:

I still haven't gotten a picture with him! But next time he's not getting away that easy! I was so close at GMA! My cousins took one with him and then just as I was about to ask him he smiled and turned around.

Grrr:sneaky2:

Aww!

Just as I was about to I realized my friend with my camera was getting kicked out, and she had my phone, too! >.<

Yeah, definitely not selfish. Haha remember Cynthia's post? Mika's mom said that the family is there to make sure he keeps level headed when he gets big :) He'll have time for the fans.

Aww, so true!

His family sounds so sweet and supportive also! So down to earth! :wub2:

I'm glad everything worked out for you. Must have been incredible! I was looking for you in the GMA audience. Thought maybe I saw one of your cousins? I'll have to look at the tape again.

I don't think you saw my cousin because she made it into the tape but for like a milisecond...we had to watch it in slow motion

I think the camera man started taping me and my cousin during lollipop though because he noticed how much we were dancing...but I still havent seen it...

Speaking of which!!! Did GMA ever put lollipop up?!!!!

Thank you very much for your report, Cynthia! :huglove: It's so detailed, long (a very good thing) and sounds so honest. I'm sorry you guys seemed kind of let down afterward. I think I know what you mean by the strange/intense look, I've gotten that from a guy, too. I am not sure what to make of it or what it means, except I think it's when he's trying to figure me out or thinks I'm weird.

As about the feeling that he would be happy whether or not you guys were there and it not being a nice feeling, I guess that means he would be happy to get the gifts regardless, I wouldn't hold it against him.

But then you said he seemed stand-offish (sp?) and wasn't truly happy to get his gifts, but pretending? If so, I'm sure he has his reasons and good ones at that. :-)

Wow Cynthia...the saga just gets more and more interesting. I'm hoping for a happy part 8 as well.

Kudos to those of you who managed to meet him at this gig. I can imagine it was a hectic day, so you were lucky to get a moment with the guy. Thanks for sharing your stories and pics. :thumb_yello:

not nearly as exciting as Cynthia's, but in my mind, it was very emotional and really just amazing...

The blog is in myspace, but for those of you who don't have it, here it is... I'll post my vids tomorrow... all good stuff from the downtime in the studio :) Including him sticking his tongue out at us and accidently shattering his lolli on the floor:roftl:

We arrived in New York City late on Thursday night. As the sky line appeared closer and closer with each passing mile, I felt it in me… the spark. This is the place I belong. It was gloomy and warm, but the city was still awake and booming… The hotel we stayed at was gorgeous and overlooked a courtyard… I gazed out lovingly at the streets below lined with people. We finally went out to explore and one of the first things I noticed, were the smells… food and garbage mixed together lol… not very pleasant, but I grew to love it. Don't ask why. I knew I had a big day to get ready for… My Good Morning America adventure was literally hours away… I went to sleep at around 1 in the morning and woke up about 3 hours later. They're not kidding; NYC really is the city that NEVER sleeps. But it was ok… I got up and got ready and left the hotel at about 5:30AM. They had told the VIP members to be at the park no later than 6; so naturally, I didn't want to be late.

We got to Bryant Park at about 6 and wandered around for about 45 minutes with other fans who didn't have a clue as to what was going on. There was no one from the studio there to greet us as promised. Finally, someone came and directed us to the Good Morning America studio. I was wearing 3 1/2 inch heels and a cotton dress… very cute, but not good for the rain. It was pouring and not even my umbrella could help me. My hair got wet and of course, the curls that I try so hard to tame emerged and I had no choice but to put my hair up in a pony tail. I was grumpy, wet, tired and I couldn't feel my feet. We got to the studio and outside there were hundreds of people… 2 lines… one for VIP's… The woman there directed us to the other line, until we told her our names. Than she let us in the VIP section which I'm not sure she was supposed to do. I heard that even VIPS didn't get into the studio… the capacity was 50 people. We were at the end of the line. I knew I was going to see him… thought the odds were against me. We waited for a long time until they started filing us in one by one. Miraculously I made it! I walked in and the stage was set up like something out of a dream. I had a familiar feeling that I had felt only 2 months earlier. I could feel it… He was near by. The energy was intense and when I saw how close I was going to be to the stage, the pain and the agony went away. Nothing else existed, nothing else mattered… I was there for him. We waited patiently for a long time. My sister suddenly grabbed my arm and said, "LOOK! I see MIKA!" My thoughts were slow and precise… This was it, I was about to see him again in person. There he was, casually waving at everyone like we were all friends. He walked on stage and crouched down to write something on pieces of paper… He can't speak before his performances to save his voice so he wrote us messages on paper. What a sweet heart, I know. He came towards us with the signs and they read things like, "Still raining?" and another about a special acoustic performance that we were all invited to. He held the signs right above me and that's when it happened… I managed to catch his glance. I avoided eye contact with him the last time I was that close to him… but this time, nothing was going to stop me. I looked up at him smiling and I waved at him… He looked at me and instinctively, I wanted to turn away… but I DIDN'T… He had this look, like he knew I would be there or something. I can't describe this moment and do it justice, just know that there was something special as always… I think he recognized me. That wasn't the only time he met my gaze either… it seemed a lot of times that he purposely looked at me. I mean why wouldn't he right? It was too good to be true… he was feet away from me and as beautiful as ever. He said bye to us and changed into another outfit. We waited again for him to come out and he did wearing his suspenders and what not. So he hung around chatting with the fans nearest to him and signing autographs. He was very playful behind the scenes and laughed a lot with us. He was so casual and funny. At one point, one of the lollipop girls gave him a lolli and as he opened it, the thing shattered into pieces all over the floor. The audience did a collective, "awe" and it was truly such a cute moment. He played with the drumsticks at one point making a beat that the entire audience mimicked with their clapping… He smiled so much and looked like he was having a blast. He didn't seem nervous in the slightest. Than after the segments, he invited EVERYONE to a surprise gig. He said that he felt bad about the people who got left out in the rain and wanted to make it up to everyone. So this boy arranged a surprise acoustic performance soley for his fans… FOR FREE. How sweet is that? Absolutley amazing. Really, who does that? There is no doubt in my mind about the amount of respect this man has for his fans. So of course, I was excited because this meant I could see him again! So, he left the stage and got bombarded my fans waiting with things for him to sign. I was there with him and waited for a few for him to come by me. We didn't need words… it was just natural… everything was so natural. I give him my copy of out magazine to sign and he did of course. I managed to just say "Thank you!" and that was it because there were so many people trying to get to him. In spite of this though, he turned to me for what seemed like more than seconds and smiled… really smiled… The most gorgeous sight I had seen that day… the sun was shining because of him. All was right with the world… I had the moment with him that I had wanted. An exchange of smiles and a twinkle of his eye was all I needed. So we left… I was on cloud nine and my legs were sore. I had been standing for a total of 4 hours. I was in a daze as we walked back to the hotel…more in love than ever… this time I loved the person, MIKA not the idea…. Because I witnessed first hand the kindness that he bestows upon his fans.

part two

So we almost didn't go to the second gig because I knew I had to go visit the NYU campus… but, I worked my magic and we went anyway. Thank God. We waited for another half an hour in the freezing rain… it was brutal, but this time I was wearing jeans. We walked in and they didn't even check our bags… Mika must have barely gotten there, because not even his family was around yet. So I ran to the closest spot I could find and I knew I would be pretty close to him. It was a long time before he came out, but when he did… It was beautiful. The music started playing and the lights started twirling… suddenly three silhouettes emerged from the stage door… his two guitarists and mika himself. The curly headed silhouette that seemed to sparkle from head to toe. He was wearing ripped jeans with sparkly stones on the sides and a dress shirt tucked in (which I thought was cute) They came out with their umbrellas and poked fun at the weather for a bit while the crowd cheered. Mika sat down and showed us a notebook… he told us that they hadn't prepared the song list yet and they would figure it out as they went along… yes, this was truly an impromptu show and very intimate. He said it was as if we were in his living room hearing him sing. It felt like it… It all felt very personal. So he sang acoustically and was amazing as usual. When I heard the tune from the song "everybody's talking," I lost it. I started tearing up right on the spot and all I could do was enjoy it. I knew in my mind that this was the last time my eyes would see him for a little while. I knew that I couldn't stall anymore… I had a college campus to visit and there would be no time to wait for him after the show. So I stood there, crying and looking at him… no one else… just him, my hero. Once again, I memorized every detail of his face… the way he spoke, the way he laughed… It was all meant for my memory… all of it. I was sad but content at the same time hearing his voice and seeing his face. For the time being, it was all I needed. That song was slow and sad until he rose fast from the piano stool and slammed his hands against the keys viscously playing "Stuck in the middle" It was a cool moment… and suddenly I wasn't teary any more… Instead I smiled and laughed at his mannerisms and the way he was with us. I couldn't believe that I should be so lucky. The final song he played was "love today" and it was fun and uplifting… He said his thank you's and the crowd applauded their golden boy as the glittering silhouette of a future legend left the stage. I stood there for a minute looking at the emptiness of the stage and I said my goodbyes. I walked out and I felt very strange… sad but happy… It was weird. I know I'll see him again, but who knows when.

People laugh a lot, when I tell them that I love MIKA… people are quick to make judgments and burst my bubble. Little do they know, that this is an impossible task. Now that he's in the world, they don't matter… neither their opinions nor the judgments passed about him. I love a boy who happens to be famous… that's how I look at it. Mika has changed my life… I have NEVER felt so compelled to love another human being in my life… and that's how I know that it's not just a passing fancy. Unfortunately, there really isn't a whole lot of time to chat with him because he's loved by all. It's a vulnerable thing, putting this blog out there because I know what many will think… "She's crazy and she's just imagining things" But I'm not, I truly think that there is something very special about the way we are… He and I… IT's all destiny… I wasn't supposed to even be in the studio… I wasn't supposed to see him at the second gig… I wasn't even supposed to go to NEW YORK in the first place… but things work out for the best. Our paths crossed for a reason.

So I wait here, very happy and cheerful. I can only hope now, that he'll come back to Chicago soon… I have faith that he will. When he does, I'll get more time with him… I just know it… and hopefully, it won't be raining!

Our exchange of smiles summed up in his eyes lol... and his "bunny face!" LOVE THAT!

IMG_4743.jpg

* more pictures in the album :)

^omg i think i saw u there at bryant park. haha me and my freind loved ur heels. and my mom was talking to ur sister was it? then we saw u again in line at the studios u got in! lucky! luved ur story sounds like u had lots of fun

Awww yes' date=' I remember you too :) I'm so sad that you didn't get in :( I never figured out why...[/color']

yeah i dont kno the lady said my vip thing wasnt right or something and i got confused so just left haha oh well im so happy at least u and other people got in. plus u came from really far so definitley deserved it. i would have died if i didnt get in after sooo much trouble

yeah i dont kno the lady said my vip thing wasnt right or something and i got confused so just left haha oh well im so happy at least u and other people got in. plus u came from really far so definitley deserved it. i would have died if i didnt get in after sooo much trouble

You're so sweet lol :) I would be so bitter right now if i didn't get in... How dare that lady:thumbdown: Wow, there will be other times :) and you looked cute with your bows and all :thumb_yello:

BonjourMika, I'm sooooooo sorry you didn't get my text about the location change. Verizon has been messing up my text messaging the past couple of days and I am very sorry. Kjoshi said you got in okay, though. I apologize!

Oh don't worry about it :) Honestly, it was part of the experience lol... It was all worth it, trust me:mf_lustslow: