Mika: 'i Want A Gay Following'

EnFa

___________________________________________________________________________________

As many of us have said - we didn't believe he has said that - sounds too weird anyways :bleh:

AND someone read in the newspaper, that it's a lie. There you go!

________________________________________________...sa-.dfa-s.f-.-a--a----as.,dføalmfdemented

British pop star MIKA wants to win over a gay following - and finds it hard to understand why that particular audience hasn't fallen for his trademark flamboyancy. The singer, who refuses to answer any questions about his own sexuality, has become a sensation following the success of debut single Grace Kelly, but he's not as popular on the gay scene as he would like. He says, "I don't understand it. I've never taken sides on any gender. I like to confuse people but it would appear that the gay scene hasn't embraced my sound, or indeed, my look. "I just hope all that can change in the future."

Just gotten it in my e-mail.......... ..... . .. . . . :mf_rosetinted:

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

...let me point out that :mf_rosetinted: I don't care but.... I wonder why he should be so particularly interested in a gay following. I don't get the point of that. Fans are fans, aren't they? And funny that, while Mika maintains a low profile on that I can't understand why the preferences of his fans should bother him that much...it doesn't make sense to me.

...well finally I don't know where that comes from and in the end we don't know if that was really what he said and meant or if this is another headline serving the purpose of having a headline....

Nonetheless thanks for posting :wink2:

I know I am!

gay /geɪ/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[gey] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation adjective, -er, -est, noun, adverb

–adjective 1. having or showing a merry, lively mood: gay spirits; gay music.

2. bright or showy: gay colors; gay ornaments.

3. given to or abounding in social or other pleasures: a gay social season.

4. licentious; dissipated; wanton: The baron is a gay old rogue with an eye for the ladies.

Do you think we'll get away with it this time EnFa? :naughty:

...let me point out that :mf_rosetinted: I don't care but.... I wonder why he should be so particularly interested in a gay following. I don't get the point of that. Fans are fans, aren't they? And funny that, while Mika maintains a low profile on that I can't understand why the preferences of his fans should bother him that much...it doesn't make sense to me.

...well finally I don't know where that comes from and in the end we don't know if that was really what he said and meant or if this is another headline serving the purpose of having a headline....

I soooo agree with you.. I think it's a wee bit weird.. :blink:

But thanks for posting anyway!! :D

well if he actually really did say that, maybe he wants like a variety of different people not just of like one category? if you get what i mean *looks around nervously*

well if he sid that some things are starting to make sense for me...damn I`m brilliant :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:

But anyway,It`s totally understandable for him wanting fans,and if you think of it... Freddie Mercury .... I`m guessing he had a solid gay fanbase. So if Freddie had it,why shouldn`t Mika have one?

Do you think we'll get away with it this time EnFa? :naughty:

Sure :mf_rosetinted: Hehe.. I'm so gay and I don't even like -- aloe!

PPL - Don't take that too serious, it's probably not something he has said anywas!

:mf_rosetinted: :mf_rosetinted: :mf_rosetinted: I love Mika no matter what!

Somehow i still believe he isn't gay...he did say he likes to confuse people :naughty:

well thats what he's good at, the more confused we get the more mysterious it makes him!!

British pop star MIKA wants to win over a gay following - and finds it hard to understand why that particular audience hasn't fallen for his trademark flamboyancy. The singer, who refuses to answer any questions about his own sexuality, has become a sensation following the success of debut single Grace Kelly, but he's not as popular on the gay scene as he would like. He says, "I don't understand it. I've never taken sides on any gender. I like to confuse people but it would appear that the gay scene hasn't embraced my sound, or indeed, my look. "I just hope all that can change in the future."

Just gotten it in my e-mail.......... ..... . .. . . . :mf_rosetinted:

Isn't the reason obvious? The gay scene must think that he's in denial of being a homosexual, so they don't support him. Mika would have to take sides on being homosexual, then the day scene would embrace him, I'm sure of it. The only way he could change it would be to "come out." Even if he isn't gay.

Of course, I don't care... either way, but it seems all the gay men believe him to be one of their own and hold it against him that he neither confirms it or disaffirms it. Especially nowadays, when it seems to be taken better.

I suppose Mika wants to appeal to everyone, he's simply not going to appeal to the gay scene *ever* by being his flamboyant self and very camp personality (although I love it very much) yet not coming out.

Sorry if I repeated myself. I hope the gay scene and every other scene out there embraces him, anyway, but the chances are slim.

So, Mika, if you're reading, the only sure fire way to get the gay scene to embrace your sound and/or look, would be to come out.

i dont think mika would say that...

erm, why would he say he 'wants to confuse people'?

anyway.. BOVVEREDDDDD!!

Did you NOT read the OP?