Mika: 'i Want A Gay Following'

EnFa

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Isn't the reason obvious? The gay scene must think that he's in denial of being a homosexual, so they don't support him. Mika would have to take sides on being homosexual, then the day scene would embrace him, I'm sure of it. The only way he could change it would be to "come out." Even if he isn't gay.

Of course, I don't care... either way, but it seems all the gay men believe him to be one of their own and hold it against him that he neither confirms it or disaffirms it. Especially nowadays, when it seems to be taken better.

I suppose Mika wants to appeal to everyone, he's simply not going to appeal to the gay scene *ever* by being his flamboyant self and very camp personality (although I love it very much) yet not coming out.

Sorry if I repeated myself. I hope the gay scene and every other scene out there embraces him, anyway, but the chances are slim.

So, Mika, if you're reading, the only sure fire way to get the gay scene to embrace your sound and/or look, would be to come out.

Ha i understand where you are coming from! I don't think he has to COME OUT for them to embrace him it's more of for them to just know whether he is straight or gay! Though it won't make any difference! It's the not knowing i think why they haven't embraced him fully! I mean look at robbie williams he ain't gay, they know he is straight but he still has a HUGE gay followng!

i just LOVE MIKA for saying thisngs like this...hes soooo....him!!!:wub2: :wub2:

but i would say hes got a huge gay following...well at all the gigs ive been to of his...nearly all the boys are gay!!! so im a little confused!!!:blink: :blink: :blink:

I know I am!

gay /geɪ/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[gey] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation adjective, -er, -est, noun, adverb

–adjective 1. having or showing a merry, lively mood: gay spirits; gay music.

2. bright or showy: gay colors; gay ornaments.

3. given to or abounding in social or other pleasures: a gay social season.

4. licentious; dissipated; wanton: The baron is a gay old rogue with an eye for the ladies.

Do you think we'll get away with it this time EnFa? :naughty:

:yay: :yay: :yay: :yay:

all clever pop music stars should get a gay following, event those that arent really gay atall like Kylie, Madonna not enormous talent there(i like them both though!) but a load of success. Its the power of the pink pound and i am sure mika realises this,just like madonna nd co do....

Gays (usually) dont have kids(biology) and have 2 incomes and so spend more time doing things for themselves rather than chasing around after kids and spending all money on basic survival!

Basically as a group all through their livies(not just until they get preggers, or get someone preg..) they have more disposal income to spend on Mika and more free leisure time to go to gigs, idolise Mika, get to the shop/on the pc to buy cd...etc..also gays are often more flamboyant than your average bod and mika isnt getting what he wants from us re the dressing up and stuff :naughty:

Ha i understand where you are coming from! I don't think he has to COME OUT for them to embrace him it's more of for them to just know whether he is straight or gay! Though it won't make any difference! It's the not knowing i think why they haven't embraced him fully! I mean look at robbie williams he ain't gay, they know he is straight but he still has a HUGE gay followng!

Right, they want to know whether he is or isn't. Then, maybe they'll follow him like some do with Robbie Williams. Or maybe they will think he's in denial and hate him for it. Either way, they want to know. :wink2:

You got what I was trying to say. :huglove:

I know I am!

gay /geɪ/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[gey] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation adjective, -er, -est, noun, adverb

–adjective 1. having or showing a merry, lively mood: gay spirits; gay music.

2. bright or showy: gay colors; gay ornaments.

3. given to or abounding in social or other pleasures: a gay social season.

4. licentious; dissipated; wanton: The baron is a gay old rogue with an eye for the ladies.

This is definately me!!! WE DON'T CARE!!! I do think it's a little unusual though that he hasn't gotten the expected response though. hmmm. well WE LOVE HIM

all clever pop music stars should get a gay following, event those that arent really gay atall like Kylie, Madonna not enormous talent there(i like them both though!) but a load of success. Its the power of the pink pound and i am sure mika realises this,just like madonna nd co do....

Gays (usually) dont have kids(biology) and have 2 incomes and so spend more time doing things for themselves rather than chasing around after kids and spending all money on basic survival!

Basically as a group all through their livies(not just until they get preggers, or get someone preg..) they have more disposal income to spend on Mika and more free leisure time to go to gigs, idolise Mika, get to the shop/on the pc to buy cd...etc..also gays are often more flamboyant than your average bod and mika isnt getting what he wants from us re the dressing up and stuff :naughty:

AWWW Jen you beat me to it,I was going to bring this point up. I can

fully understand why Mika would want a gay following for this very reason, but one of my friends who is gay doesn't find him that appealing, even though he has had similar musical training and does like some pop artists, he just cannot get into Mikas music.

It's strange but that's the way he feels.

You would think that the appeal would be huge, but I think that maybe it's the ambiguity factor that's putting the gay community off. Now that it is more acceptable to be out of the closet, a lot of gay people don't seem to be accommodating to anyone who won't say one way or the other. I think the death threats Mika has received is proof of this, and it is sad that this should be so. Everybody is entitled to some privacy, in whatever way they want it and Mikas music and performances should be judged on their own merits and it's a shame that he cannot get the gay community to apprieciate him the way we do.

I don't want this to sound like I 'm having a go at this market , everyone is entitled to their own musical taste and maybe Mika isn't to the majoritys taste, I know that he has quite a few gay fans on here and I do love these guys. But I can't help thinking this could be the reason why

i personally dont know why everyone cares about who other people sleep with.

but i think alot of people just want to know, lol, maybe not a particular reason they just do.

its strange cos you would think now its more acceptable for people to be gay, that people wouldnt care about peoples sexuality, but they still do =[

but maybe mika was misquoted, newspapers do manage to make lovely people seem evil lol, not that mikas evil or anything,

I agree with whoever said the thing about him not being "out" as any particular sexuality that is turning the gay crowd off. However, I haven't noticed if he doesn't have a large gay following. From what I've gathered, most of his fans are straight girls, but I've also gathered that the majority of the guys that are his fans are gay.

I don't see why it would be such a big deal as to what types of fans that he has, but just that he has them...and this really doesn't seem like something that Mika would say. What source did this come from?

That was a little... confusing. Even though I can't really understand why MIKA would say that (I agree with Violet Sky; fans are fans) if he did, he must have noticed gay guys do like him. My second cousin and his husband love him; they wanted a ticket if I got some lol. Maybe there aren't as many gays as us gurlies but all kinds of people like him/don't like him. I've met a number of emo's that adore him and others that hate his guts. And the same with chavs and so on. So, cut a long story short (too late lol) he get so many types of people to like his music, whereas others usually get mainly a certain scene, MIKA doesn't.

But if he did, I'm gay lol:biggrin2:

Bout time he played at GAY then!!

Its upto the marketing and management team to get it sorted. He plays gay venues and more gay people will follow him!-duh!

He doesn't have to "come out" to prove what he is and that is an excellent musician. if people don't like it then tough!

Get Perez on the case sure he has one or two gay friends he could share MIKA with! just the one or two mind!!

xx