The Holy Temple of Mika (WARNING: contains religious references)

Thank you for your response - I do appreciate it. I understand that you all were trying to use satire, but from my point of view you are poking fun of the Bible when you substitute Mika's name with God's (or Jesus'). You used the Lord's prayer and you have referred to different verses/chapters of the Bible and made it all about Mika. I think my problem with this is it appears as though you all are lessening the importance of this religion by making it all about Mika.

Again, I really am not trying to be rude to you all or am trying to just ruin your fun. It just really bothered me and I felt that I just needed to say so (even if I am the only one that has come forward to say it).

As for being one of Mika's Angels, as far as I know, all this entails is that I have spoken to other people and have made them fans of Mika. I didn't necessarily see this as satire, but more as people coming together to show how we have spread the word on Mika.

Also I don't hold hard feelings. :) I just hope everyone who has posted in this topic understands that this sort of topic can have the potential to offend others.

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thank you for your response - I do appreciate it. I understand that you all were trying to use satire, but from my point of view you are poking fun of the Bible when you substitute Mika's name with God's (or Jesus'). You used the Lord's prayer and you have referred to different verses/chapters of the Bible and made it all about Mika. I think my problem with this is it appears as though you all are lessening the importance of this religion by making it all about Mika.

Again, I really am not trying to be rude to you all or am trying to just ruin your fun. It just really bothered me and I felt that I just needed to say so (even if I am the only one that has come forward to say it).

As for being one of Mika's Angels, as far as I know, all this entails is that I have spoken to other people and have made them fans of Mika. I didn't necessarily see this as satire, but more as people coming together to show how we have spread the word on Mika.

Also I don't hold hard feelings. :) I just hope everyone who has posted in this topic understands that this sort of topic can have the potential to offend others.

Mandilambi..

I'm a christian too..

and now a Sister as you know..

You can see this from a different part of view too...

In this way, you can show people parts of the bible they didn't know before..:wink2:

All of them will know it are parts from the bible (I think) and all of them doesn't place it here to hurt people..

but if you look it differently... they all can learn a good lesson from it..:wink2:

Sasje, I am glad that you can see my point of view too. I can understand your meaning, but I don't see how people will learn more about the Bible when they are making Mika the focus of it.

I suppose the right thing for me to do is go ahead and leave this topic so you all can carry on. I have spoken my points and I don't think it will change much. So...carry on.

mandilambi, I respect your point of view and I had to lie if I said that I didn't have had a thought in this direction as well. Not that I personally was offended by it but I already thought that sooner or later somebody would take offence.

I for my part can say that I don't feel bad about posting here and in the confession booth because to me (I'm catholic) religion is religion and Mika is Mika. I'm not sure if you get what I mean. Hanging around on this board for hours is already pretty much a sort of escapism from the real world. To me it is all about having fun, hanging around with nice and funny people and yes, also discuss a lot about a wide range of topics (well, mostly as wide as they are Mika-related - LOL)

I don't even consider Johnny's threads as satire because satire has a point that is already serious inside. But this isn't. The reason why the excerpts from the Bible or even the Lord's prayer (forgive me for it was me who re-interpreted it :wink2: ) are so popular for things like that is just that they are more or less known by a quite big group of people and therefore are very suitable to build a kind of common basis for jokes that can be understood by all of them. Or even offend a lot of people...

Well, I hope I could explain my view. I'm really sorry if any of my posts offended you, that was never my intention, to me it is just fun. Simple as that. Maybe as a sort of compromise we could put a warning on top of the threads just like in the 16+ section so everybody can decide in advance if they want to read/post or avoid it without running the risk to be offended unintentionally. I still think this forum is a pleasant place and there are so many threads that everybody can find their preferred niche...

mandilambi, I respect your point of view and I had to lie if I said that I didn't have had a thought in this direction as well. Not that I personally was offended by it but I already thought that sooner or later somebody would take offence.

I for my part can say that I don't feel bad about posting here and in the confession booth because to me (I'm catholic) religion is religion and Mika is Mika. I'm not sure if you get what I mean. Hanging around on this board for hours is already pretty much a sort of escapism from the real world. To me it is all about having fun, hanging around with nice and funny people and yes, also discuss a lot about a wide range of topics (well, mostly as wide as they are Mika-related - LOL)

I don't even consider Johnny's threads as satire because satire has a point that is already serious inside. But this isn't. The reason why the excerpts from the Bible or even the Lord's prayer (forgive me for it was me who re-interpreted it :wink2: ) are so popular for things like that is just that they are more or less known by a quite big group of people and therefore are very suitable to build a kind of common basis for jokes that can be understood by all of them. Or even offend a lot of people...

Well, I hope I could explain my view. I'm really sorry if any of my posts offended you, that was never my intention, to me it is just fun. Simple as that. Maybe as a sort of compromise we could put a warning on top of the threads just like in the 16+ section so everybody can decide in advance if they want to read/post or avoid it without running the risk to be offended unintentionally. I still think this forum is a pleasant place and there are so many threads that everybody can find their preferred niche...

Well said violet, I couldn't have put it better myself.

Maybe I will have a word with an admin so as to put in place the warning.

violet sky, thanks for the explanation. I can easily see where everyone is coming from in this topic. It's certainly meant to be light-hearted, but I think what I'm trying to say is that not all topics are (or maybe should) be made light of. To be honest, I may not have been bothered so much if the mentioning of the Bible scriptures were left out. To me, this topic isn't just about "religion," but it's more so making fun of Christianity (whether intentionally or not).

Of course, I am just one person and like I originally posted, I guess I am the only one offended by it. That's fine, too. I still love it here and enjoy talking to people here. I suppose this is just strange cos this is the first topic that has left a bad taste in my mouth.

Ah well, life goes on.

NOTE FROM ADMINS: We have spoken to Johnny about this thread and this thread is NOT going to be closed.

We are going to add a warning to the title for the benefit of anyone who feels they may be offended.

Johnny is not trying to offend anyone. It is simply a satire and is a perfectly legitimate form of expression.

If you have any complaints or concerns about this thread then PM me.

Deano

Dearly beloved

We are gathered here today

2 get through this thing called life

Electric word life

It means forever and that's a mighty long time

But I'm here 2 tell u

There's something else

The afterworld

A world of never ending happiness

U can always see the sun, day or night

So when u call up that shrink in Beverly Hills

U know the one - Dr Everything'll Be Alright

Instead of asking him how much of your time is left

Ask him how much of your mind, baby

'Cuz in this life

Things are much harder than in the afterworld

In this life

You're on your own

Unless your a MFC member.:biggrin2:

Thanx a lot Deano!

I'm Christian and churchgoer Catholic...and I I LOVE THIS THREAD.

I don't think it's offensive to religion.

Almighty God is the god of the joy and happyness...I don't think He gets hungry for a bit of satire...but above all for our love for Mika(and music, and life, and people :) )

He has unfortunately more important things to get hungry in the World...

Thanx a lot Deano!

I'm Christian and churchgoer Catholic...and I I LOVE THIS THREAD.

I don't think it's offensive to religion.

Almighty God is the god of the joy and happyness...I don't think He gets hungry for a bit of satire...but above all for our love for Mika(and music, and life, and people :) )

He has unfortunately more important things to get hungry in the World...

You know what Esperia?? :shocked:

you just said my words...:blush-anim-cl:

Great!! :thumb_yello: